Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+63
DerWolf
ahmedfire
Boshoed
Visc
Grazneyar
Teshub
Acheron
Project Canada
Juul
Kadmos45
nemrod
SturmGuard
Azi
mack8
NationalRus
Viktor
Khepesh
Monarchist
AK-Rex
JohnSnow
Regular
Rodinazombie
Zivo
VladimirSahin
TheArmenian
GunshipDemocracy
ultron
arpakola
calm
PapaDragon
elevonic
medo
sepheronx
crod
GarryB
Big_Gazza
AlfaT8
Isos
Neutrality
Werewolf
OminousSpudd
d_taddei2
Solncepek
kvs
BKP
max steel
franco
Morpheus Eberhardt
George1
victor1985
Erk
magnumcromagnon
Vann7
higurashihougi
KoTeMoRe
short_fuze
JohninMK
Karl Haushofer
KomissarBojanchev
par far
KiloGolf
Dima
Walther von Oldenburg
67 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #7

Neutrality
    Neutrality

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 24 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #7

Post  Neutrality Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:21 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:WTF is this news about Russian Jet downed in Raqqa and pilots taken alive?

Come on man, you should know better. If that was true then it would be plastered all over news websites around the world.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Neutrality wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:WTF is this news about Russian Jet downed in Raqqa and pilots taken alive?

Come on man, you should know better. If that was true then it would be plastered all over news websites around the world.

Yeah but it was relayed by AMN...
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:47 pm

My twitter profile isn't going nuts with replies or retweets of any incident. Can't find news on such claim.
    ultron

Post  ultron Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Saudi Arabia based HNC says will not accept Assad staying in power. Either Assad steps down or ceasefire will be over.

https://twitter.com/ZeinakhodrAljaz/status/720600204962095104
    arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:28 pm

When Turkey's President Erdogan greeted soldiers ahead of the Saudi King's arrival in Ankara, an orchestra was on hand. But rather than playing a Turkish tune, the musicians made the rather surprising choice to perform a Russian military march.

Laughing

==================

and here the original version
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:40 pm

@Kote

http://tass.ru/en/defense/869808

Confirmation: no Russian jet was downed in Raqqa as no ruaf was in that are today (April 14). I figured they wouldn't lie about this as ISIS would post videos and photos of their prizes, but none surfaced.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:07 pm

sepheronx wrote:@Kote

http://tass.ru/en/defense/869808

Confirmation: no Russian jet was downed in Raqqa as no ruaf was in that are today (April 14). I figured they wouldn't lie about this as ISIS would post videos and photos of their prizes, but none surfaced.
    Yeah thanks guys. I'm cooling down after seront the Tass note.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:12 pm

FSA is getting their asses handed to them in Azaz by ISIS.

In time honored ukrop tradition they overstretched themselves in order to get some fast cookie points and are now paying the price. Looks like Kurds will be celebrating Kurdish New Year earlier than expected... Cool
    Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 24 CgAJnQTW4AEOZ8F

Also:

#Syria #IslamicState now begin to burn down first #refugee camp in northern #Aleppo at border to #Turkey

https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/720549592916500482

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:20 pm

Only retards will think ISIS fight FSA , since they are both armed by Saudi Arabia ,US and Turkey, what is happening is a name change. They switch to the ISIS flag. thats all. territories are transfer with a shake of hands.  Only in very few cases in the entire 5 years war ,they have been fighting each other for looting and rape rights . And rivalries between leaders. But again US and its gulf allies finance and provide weapons to all of them .  you only need to see at
    McAIN visit to Turkey border ,near Syria ,with all major terror factions leaders together like friends.

I know your post was more humorous, but no nonsense anymore...PLEASE!

Most russian warheads are in class of 300 - 800 kt TNT. Only a few warheads are above 1 mt and a 5 mt warhead kills not everything in 15 km radius! Duoble explosion force means not double radius! From a point above 50 mt the explosions force vanish largely into space.

The discussion about nuclear weapons is a bit pwnd The conflict will be held very traditional and conventional, no chemical, biological or nuclear weapons. Apart from jihadi scum and the use of chlorine, the conflict is and will be held conventional!

Free fall bombs without missiles can be dropped by Russian cargo planes , either a 5megaton one or 5 bombs with 800kt to 1megaton each.. same shit.  If you drop 5 nuclear bombs of those withing 3km distance of each other you will get the same effect.  So i stand by my claim ,that Russia have the tools to very quickly defeat ISIS withing a couple of hours or less. and without using any advanced technology ,just old soviet unguided free fall warheads that they planned to decommission,they can use them on ISIS instead. The only problem will be not military ,but a political one ,that the west will cry a river for Russia using nuclear bombs against what they will claim to be "peaceful civilians" and "freedom fighters".  Russia also have chemical weapons ,like sleep gas ,that they already used before , you simply drop it in a city and everyone fall asleep permanently and a special drug is need to wake up them..China could give Russia their microwave weapons to cook from distance terrorist too..even if hiding inside buildings. Electric Guns too and many other weapons Russia have that terrorist are not really prepared to counter and can effectively defeat any army of many thousands terrorist in Syria. But so far ,i suspect Russia is holding those weapons for real emergencies ,just in case Turkey or Saudi Arabia  seeks to invade.  or in case of a war against NATO.

Russian Satan missiles are 20 to 25 megatons. So a 5 megaton bomb is not a problem. it can be done by Russia in short time ,specially when Russia do not need a missile to drop it , just a cargo plane flying at high altitude and drop a free fall bomb on the key zones controlled by ISIS.  It was PUtin himself who spoke about the possibility of using nuclear weapons ,that the are not out of the table their use in Syria ,if there is a need for it. as he told.

Russia is only fighting clean and risking its soldiers lives in close combat using conventional weapon for Political reasons . that can be understood ,So they not accused of warcrimes .etc.  But if a major war start between US ,Turkey against  Russia  ,i can imagine all those rules of engagement will not matter at all. And anything will be valid.
    ultron

Post  ultron Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:51 pm

Can anyone ID what howitzers those are?

AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:47 am

PapaDragon wrote:

In time honored ukrop tradition they overstretched themselves in order to get some fast cookie points and are now paying the price. Looks like Kurds will be celebrating Kurdish New Year earlier than expected... Cool

Also:

#Syria #IslamicState now begin to burn down first #refugee camp in northern #Aleppo at border to #Turkey

The hell is going on with the YPG, i thought they'd at least take Mare by now?? Suspect

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:54 am

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 24 CgABzwqXIAEcKQK

Sarab-1 without one side panel

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:57 am

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 24 CgBSN6rWwAAiwzr

A10 over Aleppo
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:00 am

Hopefully it gets shot down so it doesn't cause any harm to SAA and RuAF whom are also in Aleppo. Screw the Americans, they are not supposed to be there. No mandate or anything.

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:31 am

Sarab-1 filmed working in Aleppo during late afternoon i guess
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 24 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:49 pm

ISIS seem pretty keen on taking deir el zoir yet another failed assault i have lost count how many attempts they have made my only fear is that the SAA will be losing a few soldiers every time and eventually get to a point where they will struggle to repel ISIS, for the meantime they are doing well, once Aleppo is sorted (which will take sometime) then i think the goal should be to push onto Deir ez zoir, before they push for Idilib etc.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/isis-launches-major-offensive-deir-ezzor/

I see 7 main (immediate before taking Al Raqqa) objectives against ISIS

1. Push on from Palmyra to Deir ez Zoir then expand cutting ISIS supply route Al Raqqa/Iraq.
    2. Push towards Tabaqa Military Airport.
    3. Clear area south of Palmyra and all the way to Iraqi border.
    4. Clear ISIS from Al-Suwayda
    5. Push towards Deir Hafer and on to Jirah airbase.
    6. Clear eastern Hama/Homs of ISIS.
    7. Push towards and liberate Al Bab.

as for FSA and Co.

1. Block/cut and siege Aleppo city.
    2. Clear Aleppo countryside all the way to Idilb region.
    3. Clear remaining Latakia region.
    4. Push towards and take Jisr Shughur.
    5. Clear Hama region of FSA and Co.
    6. Continue to cut up/create cauldrons in rebel held areas in Damascus in till liberated.
    7. Clear remaining Damascus countryside.

Idilb city and region, Homs city and region and the Southern areas can wait for now, i suspect if the above is achieved then some of these areas will start to crumble or lay down arms, especially southern areas as has happened in the past.

any thoughts????????
    ultron

Post  ultron Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:04 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:ISIS seem pretty keen on taking deir el zoir yet another failed assault i have lost count how many attempts they have made my only fear is that the SAA will be losing a few soldiers every time and eventually get to a point where they will struggle to repel ISIS, for the meantime they are doing well, once Aleppo is sorted (which will take sometime) then i think the goal should be to push onto Deir ez zoir, before they push for Idilib etc.

1. Push on from Palmyra to Deir ez Zoir then expand cutting ISIS supply route Al Raqqa/Iraq.

as for FSA and Co.

6. Continue to cut up/create cauldrons in rebel held areas in Damascus in till liberated.

Idilb city and region, Homs city and region and the Southern areas can wait for now, i suspect if the above is achieved then some of these areas will start to crumble or lay down arms, especially southern areas as has happened in the past.

any thoughts????????

IS breeds like rats. For every IS warrior killed, 10 more replaces him. A war of attrition is beneficial to IS is bad for SAA. Deir es Zor could have been the focus had rebels in western Syria not gone on the offensive.
    arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:57 pm

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 24 CgCn546WEAAx46w
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:20 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:

Also:

The hell is going on with the YPG, i thought they'd at least take Mare by now?? Suspect

They're popping up the Pop-Corn and relaxing. They tried probing attacks on Azaz and they were given a bloody nose. Turkey has resupplied the Rats over there and no one is going to provide air cover for now. So basically the task is too daunting. For the moment.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:22 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:ISIS seem pretty keen on taking deir el zoir yet another failed assault i have lost count how many attempts they have made my only fear is that the SAA will be losing a few soldiers every time and eventually get to a point where they will struggle to repel ISIS, for the meantime they are doing well, once Aleppo is sorted (which will take sometime) then i think the goal should be to push onto Deir ez zoir, before they push for Idilib etc.

as for FSA and Co.

any thoughts????????

Isis: 1,3,4 and 6 are currently engaged.

The rest needs the SAA and "friends" to double the manpower. had this been Year 1, yes it would have worked. But it's year 5...
    ultron

Post  ultron Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:41 pm

Tactical nukes or WW1 / WW2 level conventional fire power would blow jihadists to smitherings.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Syrian Civil War: News #7 - Page 24 Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:52 pm

ultron wrote:Tactical nukes or WW1 / WW2 level conventional fire power would blow jihadists to smitherings.

no nukes will be used, and this isn't WW1/WW2 and this isn't on the same scale as either WW1/WW2
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Pls don't amplify the noise.
    ultron

Post  ultron Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:59 pm

IS threatening the only supply line to Aleppo again

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/isis-advances-khanasser-highway-burj-al-atshanah-captured/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:17 am

#ISIS advances on the #Khanasser Highway: Burj Al-Atshanah captured http://bit.ly/23Lr324 via @thearabsource @leithfadel

https://twitter.com/PetoLucem/status/721040472160997377?lang=en

#SAA in control of Abu Al-Shamat Quarrys and Tall al Qassarat near Badia #Damascus http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=33.663425&lon=36.883507&z=14&m=b …

https://twitter.com/Ald_Aba/status/721064919525888000?lang=en

Breaking : #SAA recaptures Badia Cement Factory & Abu Al-Shamt military research center from #ISIS in E.#Damascus

https://twitter.com/Ibra_Joudeh/status/721002256431230976

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:45 pm