Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+19
calripson
mavaff
The-thing-next-door
hoom
kvs
Nibiru
GarryB
ZoA
JohninMK
sepheronx
George1
franco
Flanky
GunshipDemocracy
collegeboy16
victor1985
par far
Vann7
max steel
23 posters

    Russian Biological and Chemical weapons

    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 6027
    Points : 6005
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Biological and Chemical weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian Biological and Chemical weapons

    Post  miketheterrible Wed May 12, 2021 9:08 pm

    Yugo90 wrote:I think biological weapons are even more dangerous than NW. US can kill hundred millions of people with their arsenal of bio weapons. And Russia and other countries should be prepared for worst case scenario....

    What do you think Russia is doing with these decisions?

    They are prepared. They know exactly where is what. And they pointed it out while the west has ignored it obviously. So Russia needs to take it up a notch and make it clear they will be hit in non war time as well.

    Yugo90 likes this post

    franco
    franco

    Posts : 4307
    Points : 4339
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Russian Biological and Chemical weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian Biological and Chemical weapons

    Post  franco Wed May 12, 2021 11:24 pm

    The Russian military maintains a large Research facility for Defense against Biological weapons (48th in Kirov) and one for Research for Defense against Chemical weapons (33rd in Shikhany). In fact scientists at the 48th apparently provided assistance in the development of the Sputnik Covid vaccine (all hands on deck sort of thing).

    GarryB, LMFS and Yugo90 like this post

    avatar
    Yugo90

    Posts : 61
    Points : 61
    Join date : 2020-10-24

    Russian Biological and Chemical weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian Biological and Chemical weapons

    Post  Yugo90 Thu May 13, 2021 12:13 am

    franco wrote:The Russian military maintains a large Research facility for Defense against Biological weapons (48th in Kirov) and one for Research for Defense against Chemical weapons (33rd in Shikhany). In fact scientists at the 48th apparently provided assistance in the development of the Sputnik Covid vaccine (all hands on deck sort of thing).

     
    i would say that covid is indeed a bio weapon...just not strong and dangerous enough..
    But mr.Gates was soo nice that he even warned us there will be more pandemics in the future...if u ask me all those pandemics will be man made for a reason...question is only how deadly they will bee
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

    Posts : 502
    Points : 508
    Join date : 2017-09-20

    Russian Biological and Chemical weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian Biological and Chemical weapons

    Post  thegopnik Thu May 13, 2021 12:32 am

    Russia proposes HGV and Scramjet projects, The U.S. decides to do that as well.
    Russia proposes photonic radars, Raytheon and DARPA decides to do that as well.
    Russia proposes nuclear space travel projects, DARPA and NASA decides to do that as well.
    Russia proposes detonation engine projects, U.S. will decide that later.

    You might as well go target other country populations that are doing better than you therefore to be on the same level as you. Russia and China are increasing surveillance for good reasons https://www.aorti.ru/media/news/ao-rti-prinyalo-uchastie-v-public-talk-bezopasnost-umnykh-gorodov/
    You see people carrying biological weapons you can apprehend them quicker.

    GarryB likes this post

    avatar
    par far

    Posts : 2509
    Points : 2740
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Russian Biological and Chemical weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian Biological and Chemical weapons

    Post  par far Fri May 14, 2021 9:33 pm

    miketheterrible wrote:
    par far wrote:Lots of top Russian officials are saying that the US is increasing its biological capabilities for military. They are even saying that the US is making biological weapons for each specific country.

    What are Russian capabilities in this field? Can Russia go toe to toe with the US in the biological weapons field? Can Russia increase it biological weapons capabilities? Where does Russia rank in biological research?

    https://www.rt.com/russia/523486-us-biological-weapons-conspiracy-averyanov/



    Russia banned biological weapons and it was confirmed by various international organizations, regardless what US says.  US on the other hand, who also signed the same conventions to ban chemical and biological weapons have yet to actually destroy their arsenal.  And now they are opening up facilities in various other countries.

    So Russia should warn that if these facilities are not closed, that Russia will be forced to restart their biological weapons program.



    This would be very naive of Russia to think that the US would stop it's biological warfare. I think the proof of this is how fast the Sputnik V was made.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 6027
    Points : 6005
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Russian Biological and Chemical weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian Biological and Chemical weapons

    Post  miketheterrible Fri May 14, 2021 10:33 pm

    thegopnik wrote:Russia proposes HGV and Scramjet projects, The U.S. decides to do that as well.
    Russia proposes photonic radars, Raytheon and DARPA decides to do that as well.
    Russia proposes nuclear space travel projects, DARPA and NASA decides to do that as well.
    Russia proposes detonation engine projects, U.S. will decide that later.

    You might as well go target other country populations that are doing better than you therefore to be on the same level as you. Russia and China are increasing surveillance for good reasons https://www.aorti.ru/media/news/ao-rti-prinyalo-uchastie-v-public-talk-bezopasnost-umnykh-gorodov/
    You see people carrying biological weapons you can apprehend them quicker.

    This is also why Russia needs to shut it's trap about what it is developing. Develop it and let the Americans guess by pissing in the wind

    Big_Gazza, kvs and thegopnik like this post

    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 10322
    Points : 10469
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Russian Biological and Chemical weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian Biological and Chemical weapons

    Post  kvs Fri May 14, 2021 11:33 pm

    par far wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    par far wrote:Lots of top Russian officials are saying that the US is increasing its biological capabilities for military. They are even saying that the US is making biological weapons for each specific country.

    What are Russian capabilities in this field? Can Russia go toe to toe with the US in the biological weapons field? Can Russia increase it biological weapons capabilities? Where does Russia rank in biological research?

    https://www.rt.com/russia/523486-us-biological-weapons-conspiracy-averyanov/



    Russia banned biological weapons and it was confirmed by various international organizations, regardless what US says.  US on the other hand, who also signed the same conventions to ban chemical and biological weapons have yet to actually destroy their arsenal.  And now they are opening up facilities in various other countries.

    So Russia should warn that if these facilities are not closed, that Russia will be forced to restart their biological weapons program.



    This would be very naive of Russia to think that the US would stop it's biological warfare. I think the proof of this is how fast the Sputnik V was made.

    The makers already said that it took effectively six years since they were working on the MARS corona variant before. So it is not correct
    to claim that the Sputnik V development was faster than reasonable. I would not call being on the ball in terms of DNA and molecular sciences
    as having a biowarfare program.

    Big_Gazza likes this post

    avatar
    par far

    Posts : 2509
    Points : 2740
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Russian Biological and Chemical weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian Biological and Chemical weapons

    Post  par far Sat May 15, 2021 12:12 am

    kvs wrote:
    par far wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:
    par far wrote:Lots of top Russian officials are saying that the US is increasing its biological capabilities for military. They are even saying that the US is making biological weapons for each specific country.

    What are Russian capabilities in this field? Can Russia go toe to toe with the US in the biological weapons field? Can Russia increase it biological weapons capabilities? Where does Russia rank in biological research?

    https://www.rt.com/russia/523486-us-biological-weapons-conspiracy-averyanov/



    Russia banned biological weapons and it was confirmed by various international organizations, regardless what US says.  US on the other hand, who also signed the same conventions to ban chemical and biological weapons have yet to actually destroy their arsenal.  And now they are opening up facilities in various other countries.

    So Russia should warn that if these facilities are not closed, that Russia will be forced to restart their biological weapons program.



    This would be very naive of Russia to think that the US would stop it's biological warfare. I think the proof of this is how fast the Sputnik V was made.

    The makers already said that it took effectively six years since they were working on the MARS corona variant before.   So it is not correct
    to claim that the Sputnik V development was faster than reasonable.   I would not call being on the ball in terms of DNA and molecular sciences
    as having a biowarfare program.  


    You are right but not for a second do I believe that Russia stopped it's biological research altogether.

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 29931
    Points : 30457
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Russian Biological and Chemical weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian Biological and Chemical weapons

    Post  GarryB Sat May 15, 2021 3:41 am

    A better question would be if the US has bio labs located all around the world why was its response so pathetic to a global pandemic... what are they doing in those labs?

    They are clearly not working on defences against diseases and viruses...

    Yugo90 likes this post

    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 7650
    Points : 7632
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Russian Biological and Chemical weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian Biological and Chemical weapons

    Post  Isos Sat May 15, 2021 12:30 pm

    GarryB wrote:A better question would be if the US has bio labs located all around the world why was its response so pathetic to a global pandemic... what are they doing in those labs?

    They are clearly not working on defences against diseases and viruses...

    Because it's always easier to destroy than build, attack than defend...

    Exemple of nuclear weapons shows that. Mutual destrouction assured is enough to be protected from enemy nuks so you don't need to create an ABM that will probably fail to stop the attack.

    For viruses it's the same. There is no real advantage to attack with them anyway. Like we saw with coronavirus it will come back in your country for sure today that traveling is so easy.

    Sponsored content

    Russian Biological and Chemical weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian Biological and Chemical weapons

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:45 am