Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+53
Hole
Mir
SeigSoloyvov
mnztr
TMA1
RTN
Finty
Sujoy
ALAMO
lyle6
Hannibal Barca
jhelb
medo
Airbornewolf
kvs
Backman
franco
Cowboy's daughter
lancelot
elconquistador
Kiko
Tsavo Lion
auslander
Airman
JohninMK
miketheterrible
Benya
ATLASCUB
nomadski
MMBR
PapaDragon
Isos
calm
Walther von Oldenburg
max steel
Kyo
Svyatoslavich
Rodinazombie
Solncepek
KoTeMoRe
Werewolf
andrewlya
George1
Austin
sinopak
Admin
As Sa'iqa
macedonian
connect2raza
flamming_python
GarryB
ahmedfire
Russian Patriot
57 posters

Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan - Page 24 Empty Re: Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan

Post  miketheterrible Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:47 pm

ALAMO wrote:They already did, Mike.
    A series of summer training was implemented, some high-level meetings including Shoigu.
    I guess it will end up with another Russian base. scratch

That's what I'm thinking. I know Uzbekistan was damn quick to run to Moscow. So I'm assuming they may setup a base in Uzbekistan to help act another asset in region. It's Tajik base may need to be reinforced with newer gear too (drones, and plenty more helicopters would be ideal).

Cowboy's daughter likes this post

ALAMO

Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan - Page 24 Empty Re: Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan

Post  ALAMO Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:50 pm

Well, all the US puppet regimes there have something to think about, so let's wait and watch the results ...
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:55 pm

ALAMO wrote:Well, all the US puppet regimes there have something to think about, so let's wait and watch the results ...

Yeah, as I said to the wife how Uzbekistan was kissing uncle scams ass for a years while they decided to snub Russia. Now that they know their ass' are hanging in the wind, they go back to begging to Russia.

This is a huge wake up call to many that US does not have your back

Cowboy's daughter likes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:02 pm

The real question is, should Russia even hear them, and why? dunno
    They made their choice. So GTFO.
    Go and secure your own borders, who cares if the new Taliban army will cut the heads off your troopers daily basis?
    Get used to it.
    A deep defence works as long, as there is someone to defend.
    Are there anyone left? scratch
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:06 pm

miketheterrible wrote:
    ALAMO wrote:Well, all the US puppet regimes there have something to think about, so let's wait and watch the results ...

Yeah, as I said to the wife how Uzbekistan was kissing uncle scams ass for a years while they decided to snub Russia. Now that they know their ass' are hanging in the wind, they go back to begging to Russia.

This is a huge wake up call to many that US does not have your back

They stopped kissing Uncle Sam's ass when Kerimov died. And even before that basically, starting from when the US and pals started taking a harsh tone towards him over his measures against Islamism in the republic. Although he spent the rest of his reign just building an isolated hermit kingdom like Turkmenistan except not as extreme.
    When he did die though, the next president started to warm relations with Russia and started talking about reviving the Tashkent aircraft plant, joining the Eurasian economic union, reintroducing the Russian language back into schools and other things.

Cowboy's daughter, PapaDragon, x_54_u43 and miketheterrible like this post

AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan - Page 24 Empty Afghanistan Conflict: News/Discussion

Post  AlfaT8 Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:58 pm

Didn't find an Afghanistan section, so i am making one.

Last edited by AlfaT8 on Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:01 am

miketheterrible wrote:
    I think he is in Oman or something now. Tajikistan didn't want him knowing they will have more problems on their hands if they kept him.
    Believed to be now on his way to the US. With significantly fewer bags of cash than when he left home.

flamming_python, PapaDragon, miketheterrible and Finty like this post

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:05 am

Finty likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:05 am

Here it is, too far east to be in the middle east.

https://www.russiadefence.net/t4907-taliban-insurgency-in-afghanistan

Can a Mod move Alpha's post please?
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:13 am

JohninMK wrote:Here it is, too far east to be in the middle east.

https://www.russiadefence.net/t4907-taliban-insurgency-in-afghanistan

Can a Mod move Alpha's post please?

Wait, why is the afghan discussion in the Asian and Oceanian section???
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:26 am

Airbornewolf wrote:...There was this vid of one Afghan sitting on an C-17 wheel carriage waving goodbye to his fellow countrymen as the aircraft took off.

Like he was going on some magic carpet ride to far away lands of untold riches.

Not to dehumanise or anything, but there is just not one shred of common sense that this plan might affect their general health on an utmost negative manner in the very near future...

I have went on record several times about how much I hate that fucking cartoon

Taliban insurgency in Afghanistan - Page 24 Aladdin-1992-a-whole-new-world-magic-carpet-review

Airbornewolf wrote:...I can't imagine it is comfortable to be shoved as an human being into an rotary magazine bay of an B-52 for transport....

Resent experience has shown that it's nowhere near the dumbest idea in circulation

In fact this sound like business class in comparison

flamming_python wrote:Makes sense now. The Afghan President brought the Assad curse upon himself and his country ...

That Russian air group in Syria must have some kind of magical properties Suspect

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm