Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


+59
KoTeMoRe
Neutrality
crod
chinggis
Zivo
Shadåw
GunshipDemocracy
KiloGolf
Redboy
Cyrus the great
Bolt
max steel
TheArmenian
Teshub
Fred333
Morpheus Eberhardt
Kriva
HUNTER VZLA
Bidoul
Iraqiya
franco
VARGR198
Aldin_Aba
BKP
Regular
PapaDragon
Karl Haushofer
medo
Heartbeer
short_fuze
mack8
Kadmos45
Acheron
Monarchist
Werewolf
OminousSpudd
headshot69
calm
Walther von Oldenburg
flamming_python
George1
magnumcromagnon
zg18
sheytanelkebir
higurashihougi
Algerian Major
JohninMK
DerWolf
wilhelm
Big_Gazza
GarryB
Erk
Solncepek
d_taddei2
par far
Dima
JohnSnow
Akula971
Cyberspec
63 posters

    Syrian Civil War: News #5

    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7088
    Points : 7356
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 32
    Location : Canada

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  sepheronx Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:31 pm

    Dima wrote:khaled g.alkhateb ‏@KhaledgAlkhateb 6 hours ago
    Heroes From my city Salamieh In middle of Syria
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW07Az8WcAAmtvA
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW07BY0W4AEQadT


    Bassem ‏@BBassem7 11 hours ago
    Son of a fallen Syrian army soldier
    So much pain in those eye!
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CWzzzi2UEAEdnrj

    Well, god bless his father and may he rest in peace. Poor kid. But he will grow up to understand and love his father for his sacrifice.
    kvs
    kvs

    Posts : 10832
    Points : 10977
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : Canuckistan

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  kvs Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:55 pm

    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-23/major-psychological-victory-iraq-liberates-sunni-heartland-isis

    I am posting this here since the above piece indicates that Daesh did not have many fighters defending Ramadi.
    The conclusion is that they are diverted elsewhere, more than likely to Syria and other parts of Iraq. Also, they
    are likely experiencing mass desertions. But you would never know it from the media coverage.

    If my inferences are correct, we well see a very rapid collapse of Daesh in the coming months.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

    Posts : 1241
    Points : 1330
    Join date : 2015-01-23
    Age : 30
    Location : Oldenburg

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:02 pm

    They are retreating in Iraq and Syria but are on the offensive in Libya, Somalia and Nigeria where they make slow but steady advances. Daesh leadership is not stupid and it knows a bit about navigating the world geopolitical ocean.
    Dima
    Dima

    Posts : 1165
    Points : 1178
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  Dima Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:22 pm

    Ivan Sidorenko ‏@IvanSidorenko1 14 hours ago
    #Syria  #Damascus #Darayya #SAA SyrianArmedForces Soldier's Fighting Terrorism Daily.
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW35wwwWkAAcak2
    Looks like the soldiers are having some non-Russi weapons.

    Ivan Sidorenko ‏@IvanSidorenko1 Dec 21
    #Syria #Latakia SAA Soldier's/Commanders fighting at the Battle of Mount Nuba
    https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/679095107782582274
    Dima
    Dima

    Posts : 1165
    Points : 1178
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  Dima Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:43 pm

    Военный Советник ‏@miladvisor 41 minutes ago
    Latakia map (update).#SAA/ #NDF have regained control Jabal_Nuba mount for 2nd time
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW6x9tQWEAAzfCn

    I think there is slight difference from the earlier maps w.r.t areas controlled. So take all the maps coming out on social media with certain percentage of error. As already said it need not have to be 100% accurate. The changes could also be due to the fluid battlefield changing hands often.

    Порядок и Бабай ‏@FPaidinfull Dec 21
    Т-90 Латакия
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CWvQqsGXIAAh1O_

    This could be from Russian unit around the airbase? But camo?
    Dima
    Dima

    Posts : 1165
    Points : 1178
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  Dima Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:02 pm

    Hassan Ridha ‏@sayed_ridha 5 hours ago
    #Syria's First Lady Asmaa Al-Assad visits an Orphanage in Al-Maydan #Damascus
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW54FxqUEAAj5vp
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW54GDHUQAAQ5hI
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW54GDWU0AAPCEy
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW54GDaUEAAU_aN

    Elijah J. Magnier ‏@EjmAlrai 22 hours ago
    A Lebanese #Hezbollah fighter holding his mate killed in south of Aleppo
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW2WSGvWsAEhBYR
    avatar
    par far

    Posts : 2624
    Points : 2867
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  par far Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:09 pm

    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:They are retreating in Iraq and Syria but are on the offensive in Libya, Somalia and Nigeria where they make slow but steady advances. Daesh leadership is not stupid and it knows a bit about navigating the world geopolitical ocean.


    This is true and it really worries me because these assholes wherever they are will being used to target Russia, I mean Russia can't go into Libya, Somalia, Nigeria and wherever they go, they will get up base there. I think this is the plan of the Zionists, spread these assholes all over the world and target countries that they don't like or countries that don't listen to them.


    Last edited by par far on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    par far

    Posts : 2624
    Points : 2867
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  par far Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:10 pm

    Dima wrote:Hassan Ridha ‏@sayed_ridha 5 hours ago
    #Syria's First Lady Asmaa Al-Assad visits an Orphanage in Al-Maydan #Damascus
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW54FxqUEAAj5vp
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW54GDHUQAAQ5hI
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW54GDWU0AAPCEy
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW54GDaUEAAU_aN

    Elijah J. Magnier ‏@EjmAlrai 22 hours ago
    A Lebanese #Hezbollah fighter holding his mate killed in south of Aleppo
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW2WSGvWsAEhBYR


    God bless Hezbollah.
    Dima
    Dima

    Posts : 1165
    Points : 1178
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  Dima Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:34 pm

    Ivan Sidorenko ‏@IvanSidorenko1 15 hours ago
    #Syria #Damascus Syrian Civilian Volunteer's welcome and greet Second batch of SAA soldiers from Kweres Airbase
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW36bJtWQAAfVnv

    https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/679474463814074369


    Ivan Sidorenko ‏@IvanSidorenko1 15 hours ago
    #Syria #Sweida #Suwayda Graduation of first session of new Self Defence Groups in Suwaydā
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW38ERqWYAABgJx

    https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/679476269868822528
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11551
    Points : 11619
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:36 pm

    par far wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:They are retreating in Iraq and Syria but are on the offensive in Libya, Somalia and Nigeria where they make slow but steady advances. Daesh leadership is not stupid and it knows a bit about navigating the world geopolitical ocean.


    This is true and it really worries me because these assholes wherever they are will being used to target Russia, I mean Russia can't go into Libya, Somalia, Nigeria and wherever they go, they will get up base there. I think this is the plan of the Zionists, spread these assholes all over the world and target countries that they don't like or countries that don't listen to them.

    Russia does not need to go to Libya, Somalia or Nigeria. If ISIL sets up shop there Russia would be among least affected countries. Plenty of other more "interesting" countries would be taking flak from that course of events.

    Russia's concern is Syria. It is closest and provides plenty of both strategic and post war economic opportunities, to say nothing of nice military bases in the Mediterranean and Mid East.

    If scum leaves Syria and runs off to Libya, Somalia or Nigeria all the better for Russia and all the worse for plenty of others including EU. thumbsup
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11551
    Points : 11619
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  PapaDragon Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:39 pm

    Dima wrote:............................
    #Syria #Sweida #Suwayda Graduation of first session of new Self Defence Groups in Suwaydā
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW38ERqWYAABgJx

    https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/679476269868822528

    I just hope that they were told to always spread out, take cover and use short bursts...
    Dima
    Dima

    Posts : 1165
    Points : 1178
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  Dima Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:45 pm

    High respect for the Syrian female soldiers of SAA and the NDF, they have been there in almost in all branches protecting their motherland. No were else have I seen tankwomen. thumbsup
    God bless! 

    Hassan Ridha ‏@sayed_ridha 7 hours ago
    #SAA Republican Guard Female unit training in Damascus Syria
    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 CW5koloUkAAPEd9
    Dima
    Dima

    Posts : 1165
    Points : 1178
    Join date : 2012-03-22

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  Dima Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:07 pm

    M Green ‏@MmaGreen  3 hours ago
    Pictures: First Lady Asma Al Assad visited orphaned school children of martyrs for the holidays today
    https://twitter.com/MmaGreen/status/679659089073291264


    T-90 in combat area from another angle, Hezbollah video
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/679661279825399808/pu/vid/640x360/-xm9totuSsdMsQTk.mp4
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

    Posts : 9362
    Points : 9469
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  JohninMK Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:01 pm

    Video from a couple of days ago with a pickup moving at just the right moment to avoid an incoming TOW. But, did he see it or was it luck?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xRLqR36qh4
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5289
    Points : 5490
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  Werewolf Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:11 am

    JohninMK wrote:Video from a couple of days ago with a pickup moving at just the right moment to avoid an incoming TOW. But, did he see it or was it luck?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xRLqR36qh4

    It was appareantly a Hezbolla driver that saw it coming at the right moment reacted.
    Solncepek
    Solncepek

    Posts : 277
    Points : 280
    Join date : 2015-08-27
    Location : USSR

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  Solncepek Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:34 am

    Werewolf wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Video from a couple of days ago with a pickup moving at just the right moment to avoid an incoming TOW. But, did he see it or was it luck?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xRLqR36qh4

    It was appareantly a Hezbolla driver that saw it coming at the right moment reacted.

    Yeah, unbelievable composure!
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11551
    Points : 11619
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  PapaDragon Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:32 pm


    SAA Tigr

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Tigr%283%29

    http://gurkhan.blogspot.rs/2015/12/blog-post_1.html




    SAA outside Palmyra with VKS helicopter CAS

    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11551
    Points : 11619
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  PapaDragon Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:02 pm


    This is indeed a disturbing universe... Cool

    Pakistan Joins Russia, Condemns Any Attempts to Topple Assad in Syria

    Pakistan opposes any efforts to topple the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Pakistan's foreign secretary said on Wednesday.


    http://sputniknews.com/asia/20151224/1032274797/pakistan-opposes-toppling-assad-syria.html

    "Pakistan is also against foreign military intervention in Syria and fully supports the territorial integrity of the Syrian Arab Republic," Aizaz Chaudhry said during a meeting of the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee.

    "Pakistan supports all efforts employed at facilitating a peaceful Syrian-led and inclusive solution that meets the aspirations of the Syrian people through a comprehensive political dialogue," he added.

    Chaudhry's remarks are a significant shift in Pakistan’s policy toward the ongoing Syrian crisis. Until now, Islamabad had remained neutral in the five-year conflict, which has claimed the lives of around 250,000 people and displaced a million more.

    The new policy falls in line with that of Russia and Iran, along with the UN resolution adopted this month that does not insist on Assad’s removal. The policy also runs counter to that of Saudi Arabia and Turkey, close allies of Pakistan.

    Traditionally, Islamabad has stayed clear of Middle East politics by delicately balancing its ties with the Arab world and Iran.

    avatar
    par far

    Posts : 2624
    Points : 2867
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  par far Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:18 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:
    This is indeed a disturbing universe... Cool

    Pakistan Joins Russia, Condemns Any Attempts to Topple Assad in Syria

    Pakistan opposes any efforts to topple the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Pakistan's foreign secretary said on Wednesday.


    http://sputniknews.com/asia/20151224/1032274797/pakistan-opposes-toppling-assad-syria.html

    "Pakistan is also against foreign military intervention in Syria and fully supports the territorial integrity of the Syrian Arab Republic," Aizaz Chaudhry said during a meeting of the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee.

    "Pakistan supports all efforts employed at facilitating a peaceful Syrian-led and inclusive solution that meets the aspirations of the Syrian people through a comprehensive political dialogue," he added.

    Chaudhry's remarks are a significant shift in Pakistan’s policy toward the ongoing Syrian crisis. Until now, Islamabad had remained neutral in the five-year conflict, which has claimed the lives of around 250,000 people and displaced a million more.

    The new policy falls in line with that of Russia and Iran, along with the UN resolution adopted this month that does not insist on Assad’s removal. The policy also runs counter to that of Saudi Arabia and Turkey, close allies of Pakistan.

    Traditionally, Islamabad has stayed clear of Middle East politics by delicately balancing its ties with the Arab world and Iran.



    I thought Pakistan was controlled by the Saudis?
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

    Posts : 2496
    Points : 2482
    Join date : 2015-09-01
    Location : Macedonia, Hellas

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  KiloGolf Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:38 pm

    par far wrote:I thought Pakistan was controlled by the Saudis?

    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

    Posts : 1928
    Points : 2037
    Join date : 2013-05-20

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:46 pm

    par far wrote:I thought Pakistan was controlled by the Saudis?

    How is it possible for Saudis to control anything?
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 4213
    Points : 4230
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:57 pm

    KiloGolf wrote:
    par far wrote:I thought Pakistan was controlled by the Saudis?


    This basically.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 11551
    Points : 11619
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  PapaDragon Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:13 am


    ''Syria conflict: Rebels 'to leave Yarmouk refugee camp' ''

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-35175479




    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

    Posts : 2444
    Points : 2535
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Location : A small and cutie S-shaped land.

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  higurashihougi Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:29 am

    PapaDragon wrote:
    This is indeed a disturbing universe... Cool

    Pakistan Joins Russia, Condemns Any Attempts to Topple Assad in Syria[b]

    First is Irak, then EU, now Pakistan.

    The day NATO collapses is nearer and nearer.

    Russia's activities in Syria are not only mean to defeat IS, they also mean to defeat the fathers of IS that are NATO and Wall Street oligarch.
    Monarchist
    Monarchist

    Posts : 196
    Points : 194
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Location : russiadefence.net

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  Monarchist Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:05 pm

    AFP reports how christians in Sadad (Homs) feel protected by Hezbollah:

    Fearful Christmas for Syrian Christian town threatened by IS group

    "Despite our religious differences with Hezbollah, we're confronting a single enemy together, and that is Daesh," he says. "Having Hezbollah on the ground has brought safety and peace of mind to the residents and the fighters alike," he adds warmly. Kifah Abboud, a 48-year-old teacher, says "When Daesh came closer, the holidays felt further away. And when Hezbollah came, life returned. Hezbollah fighters are Santa Claus's gifts to Sadad."

    http://www.france24.com/en/20151224-...ic-state-group

    Sponsored content

    Syrian Civil War: News #5 - Page 7 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #5

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:35 pm