Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+77
eehnie
GunshipDemocracy
yavar
nomadski
Azi
Manov
0nillie0
Giulio
kvs
franco
George1
starman
Benya
GarryB
ATLASCUB
Arctic_Fox
JohninMK
Isos
KoTeMoRe
archangelski
calm
Skandalwitwe
miketheterrible
Khepesh
Cowboy's daughter
Erk
MMBR
Godric
Admin
AK-Rex
przemek
Big_Gazza
Gunfighter-AK
airstrike
zorobabel
Glowtop
medo
VladimirSahin
victor1985
magnumcromagnon
ultron
JohnSnow
OminousSpudd
AlfaT8
short_fuze
Bolt
TheArmenian
zepia
higurashihougi
KiloGolf
Vann7
crod
wilhelm
Heartbeer
Zivo
HUNTER VZLA
Neutrality
mack8
max steel
sheytanelkebir
sepheronx
Solncepek
Cyberspec
Dima
Morpheus Eberhardt
Kadmos45
zg18
Werewolf
ExBeobachter1987
Bidoul
Fred333
Hannibal Barca
d_taddei2
Shadåw
PapaDragon
flamming_python
Walther von Oldenburg
81 posters

Yemeni Conflict: News #2

Dima
    Dima

Yemeni Conflict: News #2 - Page 15 Empty Re: Yemeni Conflict: News #2

Post  Dima Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Houthis retaliatory strike kills 50+ Saudi Coalition fighters
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/houthis-retaliatory-strike-kills-50-saudi-coalition-fighters/

On Wednesday, the Houthi forces launched a retaliatory strike against the Saudi-led Coalition in the Mareb Governorate after the latter massacred 148 civilians in the Hajjah Governorate the day before.

According to Al-Jabhah News, the Yemeni Army’s rocket battalion and the Houthi forces launched a Qahir-1 ballistic missile at the Tadawin Military Camp, killing 50+ Saudi-led Coalition fighters and wounding 80 others.

The Saudi-led Coalition is struggling to regain ground against the Houthi forces and Yemeni Republican Guard; this has forced them to carry out indiscriminate attacks against the civilian populous.

The United Nations has announced that they will be investigating the Hajjah Massacre that took place on Tuesday; this will be one of the first times that the U.N. will examine the Saudi-led Coalition’s brutality against the Yemeni people.

Houthis are suffering from the onslaught at Tiaz and Al Jihadi has been reported about 23 fighters having been KIA.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:17 pm

Leith Abou Fadel ‏@leithfadel  25 minutes ago
    Bravo Houthis!!!!!!!!  
    Yemeni Conflict: News #2 - Page 15 Houthis-yemen

Houthi forces beat back the Saudi Coalition in Taiz
    By Leith Fadel - 18/03/2016
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/houthi-forces-beat-back-saudi-coalition-taiz/ | Al-Masdar News

On Friday morning in the Dhubab Directorate of the Taiz Governorate, the Saudi-led Coalition launched another attack on the Houthi defenses in order to recapture this strategic city near Yemen’s western coastline.

However, the Saudi-led Coalition was once again unable to penetrate the Houthi defenses, resulting in another massive retreat after sustaining over 20 casualties during their assault on Dhubab City on Friday.

Following the Saudi-led Coalition’s retreat, the Saudi Royal Air Force launched several air raids to punish the civilians of Dhubab City for not overthrowing the Houthi forces and the Yemeni Army’s Republican Guard.

Good to know they beat back the arseoles. But Yemeni army and Houthi fighters need some good long-rangers to give cause some real pain in the Saudi heartland. External help and aircover would have been good, after all there is lots of AQ and IS in Yemen, so hope Russia consider having some live exercise in Yemen.
    ultron

Post  ultron Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Taiz is the former capital of North Yemen and majority Shia. It would be hell for Saudi Arabia if they try to take Taiz.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:28 am

US welcomes Saudi move to wind down Yemen campaign

As tribal mediation brings calm to the Saudi-Yemen border after a nearly year-long campaign led by Riyadh against Yemeni rebels, Washington has welcomed talk of an end to the coalition's major combat.

The United Nations on Friday echoed US concerns over non-military casualties, saying the alliance had caused the vast majority of civilian deaths in the war.

"We have expressed our concerns about the loss of innocent life in Yemen. The violence there that is plaguing that country has caught too many innocent civilians in the crossfire," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said on Thursday.

He said "we would welcome and do welcome" a statement from the coalition spokesman, Brigadier General Ahmed al-Assiri, who told AFP in an exclusive interview that the coalition is "in the end of the major combat phase".

This would be followed by security stabilisation and then reconstruction, Assiri said.

The coalition intervened on March 26 last year to support President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi after rebels seized large parts of Yemen including the capital Sanaa.

Supported by coalition air strikes and some ground troops, anti-rebel forces have retaken territory, including much of the south.

But they have failed to dislodge the Shiite Huthi rebels from Sanaa or to completely remove them from the country's third city Taez where intense battles continue.

Mustafa Alani, of the independent Gulf Research Centre, said that although fighting is not necessarily going to finish by March 26 "the operation is basically reaching its end."

He said the coalition is keen "not to go beyond that psychological date."

Rights groups have raised concerns about civilian casualties caused by the coalition as well as by the Huthis, who are allied with elite troops loyal to former president Ali Abdullah Saleh.

There have been repeated criticisms that coalition air strikes have not done enough to avoid non-military targets.

"Looking at the figures, it would seem that the coalition is responsible for twice as many civilian casualties as all other forces put together," UN human rights chief Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein said in a statement.

The United Nations said 119 people were killed in air strikes on a market in the rebel-held northern province of Hajja on Tuesday.

Zeid's office said 106 of those killed were civilians, including 24 children.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon demanded an investigation into the incident, one of the deadliest yet in the war.

- 'Unspoken war' -

During his interview with AFP on Wednesday, Assiri said the strikes targeted "a militia gathering".

He said that an independent panel was being formed nationally to examine charges of possible abuses against civilians in the war.

The alliance says it does not aim at civilians, and that targeting is verified many times to ensure that non-combatants will not be killed.

While the United States has provided logistical and intelligence support to the coalition, the White House has privately expressed anger about the loss of civilian lives.

US support includes targeting assistance, which officials say makes strikes less indiscriminate.

"Absent the intel and precision guided munitions we provide, the civilian casualties would be worse," a US defence official said.

The World Health Organisation says fighting in Yemen has killed more than 6,200 people over the past year and the United Nations has warned of an unfolding humanitarian catastrophe.

About half the dead have been civilians.

The Huthis launched cross-border attacks against Saudi Arabia in retaliation for the intervention, with more than 90 people -- both military and civilian -- killed on the Saudi side of the frontier by shelling and in skirmishes.

Assiri said the border was essentially calm since a mediation effort by tribal leaders last week allowed aid to start moving into Yemen, including to rebel-held areas, at the Alb crossing in Dhahran al-Janoub, northeast of Jazan city.

Alani, the analyst, said the Saudis hope the same model could work for "the city war", where Yemeni forces are making progress, albeit slowly.

On a third front, the coalition is fighting jihadists who have taken advantage of Yemen's conflict to gain ground in the country's south.

"The Saudis hit a number of targets in Mukalla (the capital of Hadramawt province) and in the south," Alani said.

"This war is an unspoken war but it is going on."
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:02 pm

Curse of the Flip-flop

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:23 am

Looks like we have an RPG27/RgSh1 in the picture.

Also Kornet used against Soudi.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5dc_1458487720

Tsk tsk tsk. Bad Bad Russia. clown
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:10 am

KoTeMoRe wrote:Looks like we have an RPG27/RgSh1 in the picture.

#Khit-Khat-Kornet People
    short_fuze

Post  short_fuze Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:47 am

OminousSpudd wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:Looks like we have an RPG27/RgSh1 in the picture.

#Khit-Khat-Kornet People

I think the real reason behind the purported Saudi pullout is that the AngloZionists can see their future military sales going up in smoke

Customer: Is this equipment battle-tested?
    NATO Sales: Yes, in Yemen ..... ooops
    short_fuze

Post  short_fuze Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:48 am

TheArmenian wrote:Curse of the Flip-flop

I have missed those #HouthiChant episodes.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:49 am

max steel wrote:US welcomes Saudi move to wind down Yemen campaign

I just wonder how UK/US ministry of truth will make this was a Putin´s fault?
    short_fuze

Post  short_fuze Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:24 am

#TeamHouthi bring out the big guns

Yemeni Conflict: News #2 - Page 15 Yemenis

I am a little disappointed though. One of them seems to be wearing ... shoes! Outrageous. Laughing

"The Saudi-led Coalition and their allies were recently surprised when the Houthi forces and Yemen Army’s Republican Guard launched a large-scale counter-offensive in the provincial capital of the Ta’iz Governorate after nearly two months of being on the defensive.

Yesterday, the Houthis and Republican Guard captured the main road from Ta’iz to the large coastal city of Dhubab after a violent battle with the Saudi-led Coalition and Hadi loyalists."

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/saudi-forces-run-houthis-closes-taiz/
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:12 am

Day of the Flip-flop

TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:34 pm

One flew over the Flip-flop's nest

magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:24 pm

Another Abroomz getting the anal-beads:

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:32 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:Another Abroomz getting the anal-beads:

Iraqi M1A1 getting raped by Kornet. Alas this is ISIS at work.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:34 pm

TheArmenian wrote:One flew over the Flip-flop's nest

#TacticalHamsters every where...FFS the Metis criminality is damn high. Small, portable, lethal, nice little killer there.

@2:40 original 60's 20-round magazine meant for Egypt...with a 1950's Izhevsk AK-47. That's a family of ass-kickers right there. Rifle was probably taken by the gramps from a the Egyptians...

Also two videos above, M82A1 from Saudi in Houthi hands. I love these guys.

#JeSuisFlipFlop

Last edited by KoTeMoRe on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:43 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:

That's not a kornet. Kornets do not have illuminating ignitors at the backside. Kornets are LBR's and do not need such methods to give away their current position in the guidance solution of a SACLOS system.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:53 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

That's not a kornet. Kornets do not have illuminating ignitors at the backside. Kornets are LBR's and do not need such methods to give away their current position in the guidance solution of a SACLOS system.

Mhh I can show you the video, unless ISIS has edited a Metis Launch, the missile used was a Kornet-E.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=91b_1444431849

Anyway, it's not nice to our Iraqi friends, although clearly the Abroomz is being battered for a wunderwaffe. Soviet's weren't that bad at kicking ass after all russia
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:21 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Mhh I can show you the video, unless ISIS has edited a Metis Launch, the missile used was a Kornet-E.

Anyway, it's not nice to our Iraqi friends, although clearly the Abroomz is being battered for a wunderwaffe. Soviet's weren't that bad at kicking ass after all russia

I'm sorry maybe i missed something in that video but i haven't seen a Kornet except in the title and like i said Kornet is Laser Beam Rider it does not need an ignition illuminator only Wireguided ATGM's use such methods to give the launching plattform the current location of the ATGM to calculate the relative guidance via wire to hit the target. In my opinion is never a Kornet and that missile was freakish slow and no penetration on the other side of the ammunition bustle like we would see from a Kornet which penetrates M1A1M tanks front to rear.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:25 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

I'm sorry maybe i missed something in that video but i haven't seen a Kornet except in the title and like i said Kornet is Laser Beam Rider it does not need an ignition illuminator only Wireguided ATGM's use such methods to give the launching plattform the current location of the ATGM to calculate the relative guidance via wire to hit the target. In my opinion is never a Kornet and that missile was freakish slow and no penetration on the other side of the ammunition bustle like we would see from a Kornet which penetrates M1A1M tanks front to rear.

While i told you that I cannot exclude Metis use touted as Kornet, the same long footage showed Kornets in use. However, the missile does a full blow, there fumes bursting on both sides of the bustle...which indicate an In/Out penetration on the bustle itself, the missile never penetrated the fighting compartment, although given how the TC GTFO the overpressure bent the shutter. ISIS aimed at the bustle and blew it out, not the worst effort as the tank was clearly disabled (yeah at least).

In both cases it's still a very damning evidence regarding the Abroomz.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:31 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:While i told you that I cannot exclude Metis use touted as Kornet, the same long footage showed Kornets in use. However, the missile does a full blow, there fumes bursting on both sides of the bustle...which indicate an In/Out penetration on the bustle itself, the missile never penetrated the fighting compartment, although given how the TC GTFO the overpressure bent the shutter. ISIS aimed at the bustle and blew it out, not the worst effort as the tank was clearly disabled (yeah at least).

I still remain with my point that it is never a Kornet due to the ignition illuminator it would have absolutley zero use on a LBR guided ATGM that is why i suspect a wire guided system, the velocity is also much lower than it should be if it is a Kornet.

Not suprising it penetrated that weak part of the paper thin armor compared with the punch any ATGM has even the Malyutka has enough to penetrate any tanks rear turret part. The ammunition bustle worked with the blow out panels unlike the actual Kornet that penetrated the M1A1M front to rear and killed the crew or the Konkurs with Saudi M1A2S.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:44 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:While i told you that I cannot exclude Metis use touted as Kornet, the same long footage showed Kornets in use. However, the missile does a full blow, there fumes bursting on both sides of the bustle...which indicate an In/Out penetration on the bustle itself, the missile never penetrated the fighting compartment, although given how the TC GTFO the overpressure bent the shutter. ISIS aimed at the bustle and blew it out, not the worst effort as the tank was clearly disabled (yeah at least).

I still remain with my point that it is never a Kornet due to the ignition illuminator it would have absolutley zero use on a LBR guided ATGM that is why i suspect a wire guided system, the velocity is also much lower than it should be if it is a Kornet.

Not suprising it penetrated that weak part of the paper thin armor compared with the punch any ATGM has even the Malyutka has enough to penetrate any tanks rear turret part. The ammunition bustle worked with the blow out panels unlike the actual Kornet that penetrated the M1A1M front to rear and killed the crew or the Konkurs with Saudi M1A2S.

I'd say that given how poorly that tank was used during the whole episode (it's a 6 minute footage from Ramadi) the tank crew blew it. Also, I have no problem with Abrams blowpanels working here, Iraqis don't need to lose crews, may they work like that every time those tanks are used by you know who, the tank is done the same.

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:47 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:

I'd say that given how poorly that tank was used during the whole episode (it's a 6 minute footage from Ramadi) the tank crew blew it. Also, I have no problem with Abrams blowpanels working here, Iraqis don't need to lose crews, may they work like that every time those tanks are used by you know who, the tank is done the same.

The tank itself is inadequate for such missions and lack of adequate AP ammunition does not help in such urban COIN missions either.
    short_fuze

Post  short_fuze Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:52 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    TheArmenian wrote:One flew over the Flip-flop's nest

#TacticalHamsters every where...FFS the Metis criminality is damn high. Small, portable, lethal, nice little killer there.

@2:40 original 60's 20-round magazine meant for Egypt...with a 1950's Izhevsk AK-47. That's a family of ass-kickers right there. Rifle was probably taken by the gramps from a the Egyptians...

Also two videos above, M82A1 from Saudi in Houthi hands. I love these guys.

#JeSuisFlipFlop

That's a mighty fine rifle. It looks nicely worn in.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:39 pm

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bed_1458849870

NSFW, #FlipFlops, The Romanian Connection (PM 63 galore)/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:02 am