Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
sheytanelkebir
George1
Walther von Oldenburg
OminousSpudd
Erk
par far
KoTeMoRe
PapaDragon
Kadmos45
Vann7
Monarchist
KiloGolf
GunshipDemocracy
Cyberspec
NationalRus
Firebird
Dima
sepheronx
Solncepek
wilhelm
Hannibal Barca
Siempre_Leal
Zivo
Neutrality
Airbornewolf
Regular
Akula971
auslander
medo
Khepesh
Bolt
max steel
Heartbeer
zenmonk
Godric
zorobabel
Acheron
Odin of Ossetia
Rmf
Shadåw
BKP
Svyatoslavich
Stealthflanker
Rodinazombie
Karl Haushofer
higurashihougi
Morpheus Eberhardt
Bidoul
kvs
arpakola
magnumcromagnon
Project Canada
Big_Gazza
zg18
Cowboy's daughter
Fred333
whir
flamming_python
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
JohnSnow
ultron
GarryB
iraqidabab
Werewolf
68 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #4

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 26 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:42 pm

As "par far" is copy-and-pasting his posts across multiple threads, I am being forced to quote my post from the other thread here.

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    par far wrote:
    par far wrote: ...

par far wrote: ...

These items and the one Regular posted on the other thread seem to be fakes.

Be careful especially with the South Front; they were those who also initiated the fake about interference with the Russian shipping through Bosphorus.

You can check yourself: these are old stories; they are worded in an obviously fake language; and they haven't received any traction even in the other outlets after a significant passage of time. I had followed the propagation of all of these stories, or the lack thereof, from their inception long before them being posted on the RMF. One of these stories even had its date changed by up to 5 days when it was copy-and-pasted by a copycat outlet.

It's sad that RMF has been recently responsible for these fakes and a few others getting some traction. I am not saying the users responsible are doing this intentionally or not.

Edit: par far, see what you have done: these items are being discussed here now as though the are not fakes.

Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:36 pm

Reportedly Syrian BUK's being moved to Aleppo area

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 26 CVd_kInUkAAm_Re
    Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 26 CVd_kI5U4AA0dHK

AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Cyberspec wrote:Reportedly Syrian BUK's being moved to Aleppo area

Good hunting. paratrooper
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:16 pm

AlfaT8 wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:Reportedly Syrian BUK's being moved to Aleppo area

Good hunting. paratrooper

A Turkey-shoot! Wink
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:29 am

Syrian army liberated village Nasrallah in east Aleppo from ISIS

zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:34 am

Syrian army operations in Kessab region, Jabal Tourkoman - Latakia

zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:35 am

Iraqi Hezbollah in southern Aleppo

KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:25 am

IHH the well known NGO from Mavi Marmara... read their tweet, apparently that was their "bakery"... can't stop laughing. lol1

Humanitarian Relief ‏@IHHen  Nov 29
    A bread bakery, established by IHH in Syria's Idlib, has been hit by Russian airstrikes.
    https://twitter.com/IHHen/status/671024602190094336

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:48 am

"A man stabbed three people at an east London Tube station Saturday before police subdued him with a stun gun and made an arrest, London's Metropolitan Police said. Police said they were treating the stabbing at Leytonstone station as a terrorist incident. One man sustained serious injuries not considered to be life-threatening, police said. Two others suffered minor injuries. The suspect was taken to a London police station. Police said they were called just after 7 p.m. to reports of a number of people stabbed at the station and a man threatening others with a knife. Commander Richard Walton, who leads the Met's Counter Terrorism Command, said: "We are treating this as a terrorist incident." "I would urge the public to remain calm, but alert and vigilant. The threat from terrorism remains at severe, which means that a terrorist attack is highly likely."

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 26 151205184715-02-london-stabbing---restricted-exlarge-169

Police released no information about the man's identity or possible motive, but the United Kingdom is facing stepped-up threats from ISIS -- especially after British fighter planes began flying sorties against ISIS targets in Syria this week. Intelligence obtained by European security agencies indicates ISIS is aiming to attack the United Kingdom as a follow-up to its attacks in Paris last month, a senior European counterterrorism official told CNN. Videos posted to YouTube and on Twitter purport to show the aftermath of Saturday's London stabbing. A large pool of blood is on the ground near the exit gates. Several show police confronting a man in the ticket area, near the exit, and yelling, "Drop it! Right now!" They fire a stun gun at the man, who is wearing a gray top, tan pants and a black hat with ear flaps. But the man continues pacing in front of the officers and even lunges at them.

In one video, a woman can be heard saying, "I just want to get out of here." The scene is loud, with voices echoing throughout the station and police repeatedly shouting at people to get back. There is more shouting before a pop is heard, apparently from the stun gun, and the man falls to the ground. Someone watching shouts, "Yes! Stupid idiot!" Two police officers roll the man onto his stomach and handcuff him. A man in the crowd shouts, "You ain't no Muslim, bruv! You're no Muslim, bruv! You ain't no Muslim!" Hours later, the station was still roped off with blue and white police tape and police officers were standing guard outside. Investigators wearing protective clothing occasionally went in and out. Leytonstone is on the Central line, which runs roughly west to east through central London and into the northeastern suburbs. Transport for London, which runs the Underground, shut down a large part of the eastern Central line after the incident."

So he was apparently screaming "This is for Syria"...

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/05/europe/london-tube-stabbings/

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:12 am

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 26 CVfi4fEVEAEDhQ2

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 26 CVfi4fIUsAAzdux

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 26 CVfi4fGUYAAnD7n

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 26 CVd4mBsXIAAa4uK

Last night operations by UK Typhoons and few shots taken before takeoff. Notice warload, AMRAAM.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:31 am

Probably not feeling so cocky now... after having their asses handed to them by the Indians.

They'll be praying they're never told to use them.
    Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:08 am

Guys, UK conducted airstrikes in Syria, Israel blew up a building in Damascus (belonging to SAA)

http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/israeli-airstrikes-over-damascus-confirmed/

Turkey is either moving in or pulling out of Iraq (i dont know)

French aircraft carrier ran away after dropping 4 bombs and Germany wants to enter Syria.

None of them want to cooperate with Russia over this issue.

Please answer this question :

Have the Russians deployed their S300s and S400s in the region at all ?? How are they letting NATO jets come and strike in Syria withouth permission ?? Whatever is going on right now ??
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:43 am

Akula971 wrote:Guys, UK conducted airstrikes in Syria, Israel blew up a building in Damascus (belonging to SAA)

Turkey is either moving in or pulling out of Iraq (i dont know)

French aircraft carrier ran away after dropping 4 bombs and Germany wants to enter Syria.

None of them want to cooperate with Russia over this issue.

Please answer this question :

Have the Russians deployed their S300s and S400s in the region at all ?? How are they letting NATO jets come and strike in Syria withouth permission ?? Whatever is going on right now ??

Yes they have been deployed for over a week now, obviously they don't work very well if the Israeli's can just fly into Damascus when they want to and bomb something.

Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:02 am

Akula971 wrote:Guys, UK conducted airstrikes in Syria, Israel blew up a building in Damascus (belonging to SAA)

That's a fake story; please don't repeat it.
    Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:16 am

Thank you for clarifying. It looked fake but what about the German and UK intervention ?? UK did do a sortie.

EDIT : Wherever did the UK strike though, they have a video but no location is specified.

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:21 am

Akula971 wrote:

Thank you for clarifying. It looked fake but what about the German and UK intervention ?? UK did do a sortie.

So did France and US in last 72h. What is your point. They should attack French, UK and US bombers? Dont be silly.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:17 am

Militarov wrote:What is your point. They should attack French, UK and US bombers? Dont be silly.

That's exactly what some posters here expect dunno
    Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:37 am

Militarov wrote:
    Akula971 wrote:

So did France and US in last 72h. What is your point. They should attack French, UK and US bombers? Dont be silly.

I dont want Russia to shoot down their bombers. That is not what I am getting at. My point is - Russia imposed a De-Facto no fly zone over Syria. NATO intervention in Syria is illegal, Syrian government never asked NATO to intervene - its not 1999 anymore.

Now with NATO sending ground troops - the region is going to get unnecessarily hot. And no, I dont want the balkanization of Syria either. What about Russian force projection ??
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:25 am

Akula971 wrote:
    Militarov wrote:
    Akula971 wrote:

I dont want Russia to shoot down their bombers. That is not what I am getting at. My point is - Russia imposed a De-Facto no fly zone over Syria. NATO intervention in Syria is illegal, Syrian government never asked NATO to intervene - its not 1999 anymore.

Now with NATO sending ground troops - the region is going to get unnecessarily hot. And no, I dont want the balkanization of Syria either. What about Russian force projection ??

Well, all of this talk about about England's or France's incursions into the Syrian airspace aren't necessarily true. ...
    Akula971
    Akula971

Post  Akula971 Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:42 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:Well, all of this talk about about England's or France's incursions into the Syrian airspace aren't necessarily true. ...

Would you be so kind to tell me the real scenario then, all my sources are quoting each other and its a proper mess. If one bogus report is posted, even trusted sources started spewing them all over. For example, the Israeli incursion news came from a good Russian source lol.

I mean Twitter is always 98% BS but now those guys are going over too. Its confusing to say the least. Can you please tell me what is NATO doing, if anything at all, in Syria. Thanks !
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:15 am

Akula971 wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:Well, all of this talk about about England's or France's incursions into the Syrian airspace aren't necessarily true. ...

Would you be so kind to tell me the real scenario then, all my sources are quoting each other and its a proper mess. If one bogus report is posted, even trusted sources started spewing them all over. For example, the Israeli incursion news came from a good Russian source lol.

I mean Twitter is always 98% BS but now those guys are going over too. Its confusing to say the least. Can you please tell me what is NATO doing, if anything at all, in Syria. Thanks !  

To be honest, it seems that, as we speak, the pace of the current world war is expectedly picking up. The first casualty of any war has been the truth; so for a war with the expected magnitude of the current world war, the decimation of the truth should be of really massive proportions. While for the past decades I have studied, ruminated, and talked about the current world war more than anybody else that I know of, I am very hesitant to talk extensively about the scenario that I envisage except for the odd snippets that I post every now and then.

Edit: While a British air raid is "possible", why try to participate in an air raid when they can just claim that they have participated in one. Claiming is certainly more "possible" that "doing" it.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:45 am

Akula971 wrote:

So far what is happening now ..is a testing game.. NATO is testing how far they can push in Syria
    without engaging into a direct war with Russia.. So no worries Neither France or UK or US will attack Russia.. the one to watch however is Turkey.. it could be used as the mad dog ,said in another way. you should be worried if NATO do not show up a day in Syria airspace. that will mean they expecting something really bad to happen.

But so far no nato player is bombing Syrian government troops.. If that happens Russia will give an ultimatum that if ever happens again will start shooting down their planes. All this means that pretty much NATO is fucked in Syria it cannot impose a no fly zone there and remove Russia without starting world war 3 or without having to deal with S-400 missiles and others.

There is one S-400 in latakia.. there is an S-300 in Moscow warship coast near Turkey border and Syria have Many decent air defenses like Buks and Pantsirs that can defend its capital etc.

So Syrian air defenses are ok ,specially in nothern Syria. And it will only get better once they liberate Aleppo /Hama and homs. becuase will allow Russia to get a more deep and complex
    air defense network.

What you need to remember is that the engagement rules for Syria is to try to avoid as much as possible any confrontation with NATO and Israel.. even if they sneak and bomb at times.. But if
    a major war start Syria do have S-200s that can reach 300km range and start shuting down
    nato planes or Israel. If a major war start Syria will NOT allow Israel or any NATO plane to get close to its airspace ,but now since they are busy fighting terrorist.. they avoid any confrontation with foreign powers.. and will only strike back if is the only way to save lives or if
    any plane try to bomb the government Buildings.. something that have not happened in 5 years of conflict.

What is important to remember is that you need a lot more than one month of Airstrikes to
    defeat an army that is spread in all Syria. Russia for example have been bombing Syria for 1 month? and have not done enough damage to defeat ISIS.. only at best to hold their attacks and damage its supplies.So if Israel and Turkey start a full scale war ,lets say with 20-30 planes and invade Syria..all of them will be attacked or shotdown.
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:51 am

Vann7 wrote: So far what is happening now ..is a testing game.. NATO is testing how far they can push in Syria
    without engaging into a direct war with Russia.. So no worries Neither France or UK or US will attack Russia.. the one to watch however is Turkey.. it could be used as the mad dog ,said in another way. you should be worried if NATO do not show up a day in Syria airspace. that will mean they expecting something really bad to happen.

But so far no nato player is bombing Syrian government troops.. If that happens Russia will give an ultimatum that if ever happens again will start shooting down their planes. All this means that pretty much NATO is fucked in Syria it cannot impose a no fly zone there and remove Russia without starting world war 3 or without having to deal with S-400 missiles and others.

There is one S-400 in latakia.. there is an S-300 in Moscow warship coast near Turkey border and Syria have Many decent air defenses like Buks and Pantsirs that can defend its capital etc.

So Syrian air defenses are ok ,specially in nothern Syria. And it will only get better once they liberate Aleppo /Hama and homs. becuase will allow Russia to get a more deep and complex
    air defense network.

What you need to remember is that the engagement rules for Syria is to try to avoid as much as possible any confrontation with NATO and Israel.. even if they sneak and bomb at times.. But if
    a major war start Syria do have S-200s that can reach 300km range and start shuting down
    nato planes or Israel. If a major war start Syria will NOT allow Israel or any NATO plane to get close to its airspace ,but now since they are busy fighting terrorist.. they avoid any confrontation with foreign powers.. and will only strike back if is the only way to save lives or if
    any plane try to bomb the government Buildings.. something that have not happened in 5 years of conflict.  

What is important to remember is that you need a lot more than one month of Airstrikes to
    defeat an army that is spread in all Syria.  Russia for example have been bombing Syria for 1 month? and have not done enough damage to defeat ISIS.. only at best to hold their attacks and damage its supplies.So if Israel and Turkey start a full scale war ,lets say with 20-30 planes and invade Syria..all of them will be attacked or shotdown.  

I do not think Turkey will directly attack Russia ever again. This would cause serious response not because of Turkey but to show NATO where the red line is.

If Turkey would attack Russia it would not be 20-30 planes alone IMHO only much much more. My educated guess is there will be to push some Turkish troops ot Syria as "peacekeepers". You know Assad is not legitimate for criminal regimes in West. Thus they just protect willing turkey-men (or gey wolves) from Assad. Or better demanding from Iraqi govt broader Kurd autonomy (by Turks  Laughing ) but only ot keep US/Turkish forces there.

And breed new terrorists to slaughter civilians in he name of democracy and values.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:03 am

Akula971 wrote:........

Akula, Russia DID NOT impose no-fly zone over Syria, de-facto or real one.....yet.

I will copy here my reply from other tread that covers this topic, to lazy to type:

PapaDragon wrote:
    Couple of observations:

1) Russia does not mind Turkey entering Syria, Russia WANTS Turkey to enter Syria because as of last weekend it's Turkey hunting season for VKS.

2) The moment Iraq files request, Turks in Iraq get fried by VKS. Decision is up to Baghdad. But this is just cherry on top, secondary event...

3) NATO can take over entire Kurd/Eastern Syria if they want to, it is just a empty wasteland. NATO wants coastline/West Syria because that is prime strategic real estate. But since Russia already called dibs on that part, NATO is sh*t out of luck.

4) More Russian aircraft are to arrive and start ''working'' the ''rebels'' soon along with Iranians and Syrians will be getting fresh toys.

5) Turks are now officially village idiots of NATO and middle east...

So please, tone down the panic. Sleep

https://www.russiadefence.net/t4711p825-russian-military-involvement-and-aid-to-syria-6#140706
    GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:12 am

USA "going to a hard decision" if Russia and Iran will "block the political process in Syria," said U.S. Secretary of state John Kerry.

http://vz.ru/news/2015/12/5/782120.html

"If Russia and Iran will stand by the unit and will allow Assad simply to doom the process to failure, we will know who is a problem. In this case, we will have fewer options for action, and we have to make some tough measures," he said at a U.S.-Israeli conference in Washington.
    Kerry stressed that the U.S. "cannot afford" such a development. In his words, "threaten the security of the United States and all countries in Europe", reports RIA "Novosti".
    "Europe is not only a threat in terms of what happened in Paris or anywhere else. It is a threat, because this migration (from the Middle East) can change European politics once and for all" – quoted Kerry TASS.

Kerry said that some militants are joining the ranks of the "Islamic state" due to the fact that the government is Assad.

According to him, "if Assad will remain, those who continue to fight with him, will draw more jihadists, more of is militants," they "are better armed" and they will have more opportunities to depose him.

So Us will openly now deliver weapons to terrorists and continue love between gronw men: Kerry & Erdogan with geywolves?

BTW working closer with Iran on new toys and toy delivery is highly recommended.

Assad laughed at the words of Cameron on the number of fighters of the moderate opposition
    http://vz.ru/news/2015/12/6/782154.html

"The statement of the Prime Minister of great Britain David Cameron about the presence of 70 thousand moderate rebels in Syria - new series of the Comedy series, which shows false information is the truth ... Russia has asked for Western countries to provide information about the location of these militants and their commanders, but have not responded," - reports the words of al-Assad

Assad is not correct this time and Cameron not exact. Yes there is 70,000 armed terrorists in FSA but 95% of them in area of Birmingham and London.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:05 am