Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
sheytanelkebir
George1
Walther von Oldenburg
OminousSpudd
Erk
par far
KoTeMoRe
PapaDragon
Kadmos45
Vann7
Monarchist
KiloGolf
GunshipDemocracy
Cyberspec
NationalRus
Firebird
Dima
sepheronx
Solncepek
wilhelm
Hannibal Barca
Siempre_Leal
Zivo
Neutrality
Airbornewolf
Regular
Akula971
auslander
medo
Khepesh
Bolt
max steel
Heartbeer
zenmonk
Godric
zorobabel
Acheron
Odin of Ossetia
Rmf
Shadåw
BKP
Svyatoslavich
Stealthflanker
Rodinazombie
Karl Haushofer
higurashihougi
Morpheus Eberhardt
Bidoul
kvs
arpakola
magnumcromagnon
Project Canada
Big_Gazza
zg18
Cowboy's daughter
Fred333
whir
flamming_python
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
JohnSnow
ultron
GarryB
iraqidabab
Werewolf
68 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #4

Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #4

Post  Big_Gazza Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:21 am

Odin of Ossetia wrote:
    Big_Gazza wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Sanction on import of food was just expanded that is still  not a war crime since that food is supply for turkish terrorist groups who else they would want to provide this "humanitarian aid" to SAA? to Kurds? or to ISIS?

100% legitimate target.

Maybe to the civilians that are living under the control of their proxy forces?

Can't be that much of a whack theory, wasn't so long ago that Russia was doing (and still is) something like that in a somewhat similar situation.

Civilians???  The true "civilians" packed up and left long ago.... Where do your think the hordes of refugees entering Europe came from if not terrorist-Occupied North Syria?

The only civilians left in terrorist-controlled Northern Latakia are Islamist irredentist Turkish slimebags, and i care not a whit if they go hungry for the next 200 days...

Not everyone can always leave, this applies especially to the poorer people.

On what planet do you live?

I accept your point, and I'm likely guilty of using an excessively broad brush, but Syria has ~4-7 million of internally displaced people (the estimate vary wildly) and the areas of combat in the terrorist-held areas are often ghost-towns.  Poor people pack and leave when terrorists and nutters with guns take over their communities, and if tehy cannot afford to flee to Europe, they'll head for the coast and government-held areas.  Even the poor don't want to stick around and watch the friend and families killed.  Of those that stay, a large number are terrorist sympathisers and when you choose to staying a war zone, you run the risk of being 'collateral damage" (what a ghastly Western-invented phrase...), and its simply unrealistic to expect wars to simply stop because civilians happen to be in the war zone.

BTW, would I be correct in thinking that your views on this subject might be influenced by the Georgian aggression against South Ossetia in 2008? If so, I fully understand your point of view as it would apply to that disgraceful war as S.Ossetians had no warning, and nowhere to run. With all die respect, I think that Syria and its 4 years of foreign backed salafist insurrection is a very different situation.

Last edited by Big_Gazza on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:26 am

Zivo wrote:OK from the looks of it Al Nusra's S. Aleppo counterattack has failed.

Here's the latest update I've seen, and I haven't heard of any change today.

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 14 OdiJG

http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/islamist-rebels-fail-recapture-tal-al-eiss-southern-aleppo-offensive-stalls/

This is good, the SAA didn't overextend, their lines held, and Al Nusra's Idlib reserves accomplished very little. The next order of business should be a SAA offensive, hopefully supported with Russian CAS and those T-90's.

I hope those T-90s don't become Russian Bismarcks or Yamatos so to speak... massive propaganda targets.

But in saying that, lets see those beasts in action, I want to see that Shtora staring a TOW crew down. Twisted Evil
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:37 am

OminousSpudd wrote:
    Zivo wrote:OK from the looks of it Al Nusra's S. Aleppo counterattack has failed.

Here's the latest update I've seen, and I haven't heard of any change today.

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 14 OdiJG

http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/islamist-rebels-fail-recapture-tal-al-eiss-southern-aleppo-offensive-stalls/

This is good, the SAA didn't overextend, their lines held, and Al Nusra's Idlib reserves accomplished very little. The next order of business should be a SAA offensive, hopefully supported with Russian CAS and those T-90's.

I hope those T-90s don't become Russian Bismarcks or Yamatos so to speak... massive propaganda targets.

But in saying that, lets see those beasts in action, I want to see that Shtora staring a TOW crew down. Twisted Evil

As long as the T-90's are used as a dense offensive spear point they should be fine. I don't want to see crews sitting around thumbing their butts like the Saudis do with their M1's.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:10 am

Reinforces what I was said, Al Nusra sources are saying the SAA Coalition in S. Aleppo are mobilizing to assault the northern line and Khan Touman.

https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/670028112562884609

KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:19 am

#SAA #NDF backed by #RuAF take control of Tel Al-Satrak which is north of Tel Al-Malouha in #Latakia countryside

https://twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/669838257169920000

AND video from the region:
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=912526555507966

Post  Guest Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:33 am

"With Russian air cover, Kurdish YPG & Jaysh al-Thuwar enters Malikia village north of Aleppo."

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 14 CUxyzURWEAAkHQ0
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:00 am

sepheronx wrote:Much like how food containers dropped in S. Sudan for regions under rebel control, which then S.Sudnese army captured, wasnt food but weapons onboars.

This time, it is supposed food, to an unidentified target, that were not burned while everything else was, and no one staked claims or made international request for delivory of said humantarian aid.

I would blow it up too, and then demand that proper channels are used next time.

How do we know it was "humanitarian" food? Food trucks are operating around the world 24/7 engaged in commercial activity.

Post  Guest Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Agence France-Presse :

BREAKING: French FM sees Syrian regime participating in anti-IS fight

Source: https://twitter.com/AFP/status/670152360576987136

Post  Guest Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 14 CUy0j1JUAAA679k

Journalist Roman Kosarev shared photo of whats remaining from missile that engaged their car (seems it actually missed and wasted itself into soft soil).

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 14 ORD_TOW_2B_Cutaway_lg

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 14 CUy_x3_UcAAhyOm

TOW engine?
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Militarov wrote:Agence France-Presse :

BREAKING: French FM sees Syrian regime participating in anti-IS fight

Source: https://twitter.com/AFP/status/670152360576987136

Oh dear, more bad news for turkey and the usa
    Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:17 pm

Sorry , but the right info is a little different :

France's FM says SAA could take part in the fight against IS only after 'regime change'
    Rodinazombie

Post  Rodinazombie Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:43 pm

Solncepek wrote:Sorry , but the right info is a little different :

France's FM says SAA could take part in the fight against IS only after 'regime change'

Ah, forget my previous comment, this sounds more like what i would have expected coming from the 'constructive' talks between putin and mr bean last night.

France is not to be trusted, they fooked russia over with the mistrals, they are only dealing with russia now because they have been forced into fighting isis after the attacks back home.

They will screw russia over again the next time uncle sham orders him too. Thats why i take no notice of articles in sputnik saying that the talks were a blow to american policy.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:00 pm

That statement can also be for public consumption aka the US Govt.

Yesterday in discussion on Al Jazeera, another US assole Kurt Volker, US Ambassador to NATO 2008-09, was saying that Germany and France is the weakest link and they have made the split in the otherwise 'united' stand against the Russians in the 'fight" against the IS.

But, the assole Olland and his regime should never be trusted completely. Hope Russia is treading carefully. France changed completely with the end of Jacques Chirac's era. Now the only hope for a more rational/neutral France is Marie Le Pen.

Werewolf, howz it with the US lapbitch Merkel?
    Kadmos45
    Kadmos45

Post  Kadmos45 Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Dima wrote:

But, the assole Olland and his regime should never be trusted. Hope Russia is treading carefully. France changed completely with the end of Jacques Chirac's era. Now the only hope for a more rational/neutral France is Marie Le Pen.

Yeah dont expect anything constructive from this YKW pawn. He is the weakest ruler in France since Petain.

But funny thing is that Le Pen party actually want to expell turks from NATO.

But the problem is that she could be assasinated by jihadianglojob. She is very dangerous for their interests.
    Acheron
    Acheron

Post  Acheron Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Dima wrote:
    Yesterday in discussion on Al Jazeera, another US assole Kurt Volker, US Ambassador to NATO 2008-09, was saying that Germany and France is the weakest link and they have made the split in the otherwise 'united' stand against the Russians in the 'fight" against the IS.

Yeah, I miss Gerhard Schroeder, Jacques Chirac and their independent (of US) foreign policies. Hopefully Le Pen will take over soon, or the spirit of De Gaulle will be forever snuffed out in French politics.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:39 pm

Acheron wrote:Yeah, I miss Gerhard Schroeder, Jacques Chirac and their independent (of US) foreign policies. Hopefully Le Pen will take over soon, or the spirit of De Gaulle will be forever snuffed out in French politics.
    Yes miss those guys. Also hope France gets a new direction from what it is following now.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:25 pm

Militarov wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 14 CUy0j1JUAAA679k

Journalist Roman Kosarev shared photo of whats remaining from missile that engaged their car (seems it actually missed and wasted itself into soft soil).

TOW engine?

Yes, it's Tow booster. Can you zoom on it, I can't see the numbers.

Edit Rad 002/ This is a newer TOW.

Post  Guest Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:31 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:

TOW engine?

It says RAD 00x 007-001
    Grain LOT 92/61
    S/N 35 i guess
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:35 am

Militarov wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

TOW engine?

It says RAD 00x 007-001
    Grain LOT 92/61
    S/N 35 i guess

Actually it doesn't mean this is newer TOW, means just the booster is newer. C/F TOW missiles are sometimes refurbished as the initial USMC stocks proved (missiles made in 1990, refurbished in 2001, restocked (put back in storage) in 2012.

Yeah, this might actually be US American.
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:12 am

How UTTERLY pathetic....  This is a classic example of the sort of lunatic Pravda/Tass-style propaganda that destroys a nations credibility....  The SAA has been fighting ISIS since it first seized areas of SE Syria, and that useless cheese-eating surrender-monkey Hollande and his shirt-less apes have the unmitigated gall to utter this fucking arrogant absurdity???????????  I'm wishing for a virulent pox upon all things Gallic...
    Kadmos45
    Kadmos45

Post  Kadmos45 Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:18 am

Big_Gazza wrote:  I'm wishing for a virulent pox upon all things Gallic...

They're not galls but latinized Germans, and Hollande is neither of them.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:26 am

Glorious MBTs across the border

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 14 Iz1uP1DBY_w

Post  Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:37 am

KiloGolf wrote:Glorious MBTs across the border

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 14 Iz1uP1DBY_w

Was in one few years ago in Bosnia, cant say i was impressed.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:50 am

Big_Gazza wrote:I accept your point, and I'm likely guilty of using an excessively broad brush, but Syria has ~4-7 million of internally displaced people (the estimate vary wildly) and the areas of combat in the terrorist-held areas are often ghost-towns.  Poor people pack and leave when terrorists and nutters with guns take over their communities, and if tehy cannot afford to flee to Europe, they'll head for the coast and government-held areas.  Even the poor don't want to stick around and watch the friend and families killed.  Of those that stay, a large number are terrorist sympathisers and when you choose to staying a war zone, you run the risk of being 'collateral damage" (what a ghastly Western-invented phrase...), and its simply unrealistic to expect wars to simply stop because civilians happen to be in the war zone.

That's the logic Kiev applies to the Donbass, and the same justifications too.

No, it's beyond doubt that there are many civilians living in those areas, as civilians that live everywhere in Syria. There are also cities completely controlled by ISIS, the worst of the lot, but most people in those cities are innocent too, and are just trying to get by in their lives and hope that things will somehow work out under whoever's rule that they end up living under, without their home being blown up or them having to leave and become refugees.

A great deal of caution should be taken to avoid civilian casualties.

Post  Guest Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:08 am

Syrian Civil War: News #4 - Page 14 CU11KDjWcAEwoP8

Latakia

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:54 pm