Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+60
medo
Heartbeer
wilhelm
franco
PapaDragon
Backinblack
Walther von Oldenburg
Regular
Dima
mack8
arpakola
victor1985
Prince Darling
marat
Karl Haushofer
Siempre_Leal
Cyrus the great
SturmGuard
crod
Rodinazombie
OminousSpudd
Vann7
Hannibal Barca
iraqidabab
GarryB
Stealthflanker
dino00
Kimppis
ult
Airbornewolf
Bolt
sepheronx
Neutrality
whir
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Bidoul
Erk
kvs
zorobabel
NationalRus
d_taddei2
Solncepek
Fred333
Morpheus Eberhardt
KoTeMoRe
par far
zg18
Kyo
ultron
George1
Cyberspec
JohninMK
Monarchist
max steel
Werewolf
Zivo
Khepesh
magnumcromagnon
KomissarBojanchev
ExBeobachter1987
64 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #3

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 8 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #3

Post  Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:03 pm

ultron wrote:
    NationalRus wrote:
    ultron wrote:Assad needs to stop down. For the sake of Syria. Or else he will end up like Hitler. Dead. FSA and SAA, they are all Syrians. Everyone must work together to beat jihadists. Do not be greedy. Step down and transition power. For Syria. For the Syrian people.

he cant, wont and shouldent step down for the sake of syria till another leader can be find to hold together the last goverment insitutions and all minority sects with moderates sunnis

by god he needs to stay in the moment

If he does not step down, then he will be killed. The US will send 10,000 TOWs to FSA and blow up every single Syrian tank and take Damascus. It's his life. It's his choice. Russia will not be able to save him by that point. Remember the saying, don't push your luck.

I hope you are aware thats is like probably way over half of existing US TOW stocks that they would share, since TOW 2Bs and variants are out of limits atm. Now you tell me, do you really belive US would give half of their ATGM stock to anyone Smile? They are getting TOWs via third parties not US directly dont be silly. Someone is paying for them US rarely does something out of good heart. What you think Saudis just suddenly decided to order more TOWs few weeks ago?
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:04 pm

arena, maybe shtora also, fuck off, era with a cage around it, will hold most shit off
    ultron

Post  ultron Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:12 pm

Militarov wrote:
    I hope you are aware thats is like probably way over half of existing US TOW stocks that they would share, since TOW 2Bs and variants are out of limits atm. Now you tell me, do you really belive US would give half of their ATGM stock to anyone Smile? They are getting TOWs via third parties not US directly dont be silly. Someone is paying for them US rarely does something out of good heart. What you think Saudis just suddenly decided to order more TOWs few weeks ago?

That's true. Saudi Arabia ordered 150,000 TOWs recently. The point is, with so many TOWs, they can even shoot individual soldiers with TOWs. This is a war Assad WILL lose if he does not step down and stop dictatorship in Syria.

Last edited by ultron on Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:13 pm

ultron wrote:How many tanks does SAA have? Let's say 5,000. The US can easily give 100,000 TOWs to FSA and blow all of them up. Assad has no choice but to step down. A dictatorship is the wrong choice for Syria.

Woah, woah...100.000 woah....easy boy, easy. That is probably nearing whole TOW production of wired variants since 80s. One TOW launcher costs 180.000USD, one missile is "In FY 2015, the unit cost of a TOW 2 missile is $58,908", now lets see... that would be almost 6 billion just for missiles. That is military budget of one very rich mid sized country.

Last edited by Militarov on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:15 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:
    ultron wrote:
    NationalRus wrote:
    ultron wrote:Assad needs to stop down. For the sake of Syria. Or else he will end up like Hitler. Dead. FSA and SAA, they are all Syrians. Everyone must work together to beat jihadists. Do not be greedy. Step down and transition power. For Syria. For the Syrian people.

he cant, wont and shouldent step down for the sake of syria till another leader can be find to hold together the last goverment insitutions and all minority sects with moderates sunnis

by god he needs to stay in the moment

If he does not step down, then he will be killed. The US will send 10,000 TOWs to FSA and blow up every single Syrian tank and take Damascus. It's his life. It's his choice. Russia will not be able to save him by that point.

Yeah because TOWs will win the war...

More likely is that FSA will run out of people to use those super legendary magical TOW's. Razz

VKS does not fuck around... Twisted Evil
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:32 pm

par far wrote:Don't know how reliable this is, if it is true, then Russia should start supporting the Houthis in Yemen.

https://twitter.com/Malcolmite/status/658039807134838784

Support for Yemen is necessary, but have patience now. I believe Russia should get involved (not just in Syria, but strikes are needed in Libya also), simply coz there is an absolute shortage of leaders in this world arena. India is the one nation that could have positively influenced the theater with its currently available military might (INS Vikramaditya, 24 x MiG-29K, 3-4 x 11356/P-17A, tankers) to protect ppl fighting against Saudi led aggression. But India severely lack leadership quality and backbone has been left in the dustbin for $ucking US di$k. In no foreseeable future will India grow pair of balls to stand up for what is right and will continue to hide their lack of intellect and cowardly act behind so-called pragmatism. In essence there are only two real natural leaders in this world and they are the two world powers, the US and Russia representing the Evil and Hope/Good. Rest of the world, as per their convenience, follows them!

If I have my way, I would wait for venturing into Yemen and that is mainly coz I dont have the assets right now and the assets that I want at my disposal to enter that theater are
    2 x 11356 (for air-defence & anti-ship)
    1 x 11437 (I can't think of any air base in the theater other than deck of Kuznetsov)
    1 x 1155 (Come as a package with Kuznetsov, ASW)
    1 x 11711 (I want supplies and the first military supplies needs to be Pantsir-S1 & Buk-M2)
    20-24 x MiG-29K (strike/air-superiority)
    6-10 x Su-33 (air-defense/superiority)

Include other support vessels like fleet replenishment etc

But before this sets in motion (say 4 months from now, considering the availability of the above said military assets), a concrete deal with Iran for a forward operating base to cater for the Persian Gulf/Indian Ocean and beyond. Basically I'm looking for a operating base to station a/c like Tu-22M3/ Su-34, force multipliers like IL-20M, IL-38N, A-50 and the air-defence fighters.

This will double up as forward operating base for the Yemeni and Syrian theater which can influence events directly and indirectly. The base does not need to be permanent and only need to be maintained as long as Syrian stabilization demands. It will also clearly send across message to Qatar and Saudi that any escalation in Syria will amount to Russia targeting the financial and support "headquarters". It will be more than enough to stop the Qatari and Saudi involvement.
    JMH thoughs/plans.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:48 pm

Militarov wrote:Soldier executed by ISIS Tank was identified as Syrian army soldier Fadi Ammar Zidan from Tartus. Kinda felt it would be nice to mention him as we already saw how brutally his life ended, looks very young to me.

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 8 CSHwIR9UsAAUvNo

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 8 CSHwfvEUcAASP3W

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 8 CSHwfxjUwAA0VQJ
    Young lad he was...R.I.P
    But what I dont understand is how come tankmen get abandoned, where was the infanty?
    Btw, which area of operation was this?
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:09 pm

Kyo and NationalRus i deleted the insulting posts. Anyone who will repeat it, he will receive a temporary ban

Post  Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:30 pm

ultron wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

That's true. Saudi Arabia ordered 150,000 TOWs recently. The point is, with so many TOWs, they can even shoot individual soldiers with TOWs. This is a war Assad WILL lose if he does not step down and stop dictatorship in Syria.

No, they didnt, noone ever ordered such amount of ATGMs in one batch in history, you are probably refering to order of 15.000 ATGMs from 2013. aybe USSR mid 60s or something of a sort. US recieved though last 45 years somewhat around 600.000 TOWs but their storage time is 20 years, most of those is long gone.

"Saudi Arabia signed two foreign military sale (FMS) agreements with the US Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) in December 2013. The first FMS worth $170m covers 750 BGM-71 2B TOW missiles, seven Fly-to-Buy TOW2B missiles, 1,000 BGM-71 2A TOW missiles, seven Fly-to-Buy TOW2A missiles, and the support equipment.

The second FMS worth $900m covers 9,650 BGM-71 2A TOW RF missiles, 4,145 BGM-71 2B TOW Aero RF missiles, 91 TOW-2A Fly-to-Buy missiles, 49 TOW-2B Fly-to-Buy missiles, and the associated equipment."

Post  Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:34 pm

Dima wrote:
    Militarov wrote:Soldier executed by ISIS Tank was identified as Syrian army soldier Fadi Ammar Zidan from Tartus. Kinda felt it would be nice to mention him as we already saw how brutally his life ended, looks very young to me.

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 8 CSHwIR9UsAAUvNo

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 8 CSHwfvEUcAASP3W

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 8 CSHwfxjUwAA0VQJ
    Young lad he was...R.I.P
    But what I dont understand is how come tankmen get abandoned, where was the infanty?
    Btw, which area of operation was this?

I guess tank was damaged or disabled in some way and he got captured, or other two crew members got killed in hit and he got captured i do not know for sure really.

“He said in his ‘confession’ that his name is ‘Fadi Ammar Zidan’ 19 years old and he is from the village of Sian in Jableh area in the northern countryside of Latakia, he also said in the ‘confession’: ‘I joined the Army under contract with the Air Force Intelligence, and I registered the contract in the Airport of Hama, and they sent me to serve in the field of Sha’er, and stayed for the seventh month then they sent me to area named Jazl where I remained there four days then the Islamic State brought me, and I was in Jazl area and I was a tank driver, and I a used a tank to run over bodies of the Islamic State’s soldiers’.”

Here you can see also video of his execution tho its quite...disturbing: http://www.clarionproject.org/news/isis-crushes-prisoner-under-tank-horrific-new-video
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:56 pm

ultron wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

So are you really concerned about Assad life? lol1
    You already told he was a dictator.. why would you care about Assad life?
    see how easy is to get you in your lies?

If Assad was concerned about his life and didn't had any support ,long time ago he will have
    left. But as others painfully explained to you ,but you refuse to listen. is that Assad is was maintain the unity of the Government..and the west only wants Assad to step down.. ONLY
    because that will make easier for them to disband the government and divide the army.

You have to be really naive if you believe US and Saudi Arabia cares about democracy, They want only the  destruction of Syria and nothing else. And IF Assad resign .. then they will start new set of demands asking for the Army chief to step down.and this and this and this,until no longer any patriotic Syrian in power..and only people they can buy and control in power.

They US alliance needs to see Syria destroyed and disbanded in several countries like Lybia ,so they can create a pipeline from the Gulf towards Europe ,that needs to travel through Syria territory ,that will allow them to bypass Russia Energy Business with Europe.  This is the real problem with Assad ,that he is not a puppet. and that Anglozionist powers needs to break Russia major profitable energy business with Europe. Is a war against Russia Economy. and Proxy war. and Assad have nothing to do with the west arming terrorist.  By stepping down
    it will allow more easily to Syrian enemies to disband the country. and it will make less secure his country. Notice how the west do not want to wait for any Democratic Elections.. they simply want people to be in Power in Syria elected by their fingers. Is a game the west playing and the destruction of Syria is their ultimate Goal..with the blockade of Russia energy business with Europe. IF Syria lose it will be another Palestine and with Israel and Turkey stealing their lands.

And Syrian army have Kornets missiles that are better and can do the same thing..
    more deadlier than TOW with more range. and TOW missiles cannot win a war.. ask NATO in Afganistan.. failing to defeat talibans. Artillery have more range than TOW and more lethal. and Airforce even more lethal. The major weapon the terrorist have is civilians they use as human shields. Forcing the army to a street fight and to be more careful the airforce with bombing. But if there was no civilians Syria could easily just bomb and turn into ashes  the whole regions terrorist control.

In other news.. it looks like a new dictatorship is forming in Portugal with the full blessing
    of the EU.. Shocked

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11949701/AEP-Eurozone-crosses-Rubicon-as-Portugals-anti-euro-Left-banned-from-power.html

Never in the history of the EU a party who wins elections is banned from taking power after
    it wins.. Shocked This really looks like a real dictatorship to me. lol1 So much for the EU
    being "Democratic" and "free".
    ultron

Post  ultron Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:33 pm

What SAA needs is a complete overhaul. Get new training from Russia. Get an AK-74 for every soldier, even those that are not on the front lines. Replace every T-55 and T-62 by T-80. Get 10,000 Kornets. Get the Mig-29M2 / Yak-130 that Russia is withholding. Get 10,000 KSVKs and 10,000 Kords. And all these must be done within 1 month.

Post  Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:15 pm

ultron wrote:What SAA needs is a complete overhaul. Get new training from Russia. Get an AK-74 for every soldier, even those that are not on the front lines. Replace every T-55 and T-62 by T-80. Get 10,000 Kornets. Get the Mig-29M2 / Yak-130 that Russia is withholding. Get 10,000 KSVKs and 10,000 Kords. And all these must be done within 1 month.

Turbine engine tanks to SAA? Most of their mechanics never saw turbine engine for God sake. And to replace every T55/T62 in SAA service with T80 that is likee... 2000 tanks. Tank crews need time to be trained, its not like you are switching to other car and everything is more or less identical. And who and how is supposed to move all that equipment to Syria?

AK74 would not affect outcome of fight whatsoever, i dont see even slightest reason why AK74s would be a priority. 10.000 Kornets? That is like 400+ mil USD.

10.000 .50 caliber sniper rifles and 10.000 HMGs? Are you aware that means they would have to use 50% of manpower only to operate HMGs and sniper rifles Smile?
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:20 pm

[/quote]In other news.. it looks like a new dictatorship is forming in Portugal with the full blessing
    of the EU.. Shocked

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11949701/AEP-Eurozone-crosses-Rubicon-as-Portugals-anti-euro-Left-banned-from-power.html

Never in the history of the EU a party who wins elections is banned from taking power after
    it wins.. Shocked  This really looks like a real dictatorship to me. lol1  So much for the EU
    being "Democratic" and "free".[/quote]

Off Topic
    Not true the right won the election...the left have the majority.
    I hope he choose the left but i doubt that.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:26 pm

Militarov wrote:
    ultron wrote:What SAA needs is a complete overhaul. Get new training from Russia. Get an AK-74 for every soldier, even those that are not on the front lines. Replace every T-55 and T-62 by T-80. Get 10,000 Kornets. Get the Mig-29M2 / Yak-130 that Russia is withholding. Get 10,000 KSVKs and 10,000 Kords. And all these must be done within 1 month.

Turbine engine tanks to SAA? Most of their mechanics never saw turbine engine for God sake. And to replace every T55/T62 in SAA service with T80 that is likee... 2000 tanks. Tank crews need time to be trained, its not like you are switching to other car and everything is more or less identical. And who and how is supposed to move all that equipment to Syria?

AK74 would not affect outcome of fight whatsoever, i dont see even slightest reason why AK74s would be a priority. 10.000 Kornets? That is like 400+ mil USD.

10.000 .50 caliber sniper rifles and 10.000 HMGs? Are you aware that means they would have to use 50% of manpower only to operate HMGs and sniper rifles Smile?
    Just ignore him, he is a delusional who has no understanding of the realities of life.

Post  Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:34 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Just ignore him, he is a delusional who has no understanding of the realities of life.

When i served we had 2 .50 caliber sniper rifles per company and 2 30mm automatic grenade launchers. Per company i repeat which is here somewhat above 100 men depending on unit. 10.000 .50 cal snipers...

Post  Guest Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:40 pm

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 8 CSMUjYbU8AAL8G5

Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 8 CSMM7JKXIAANkOt

Sand storm that hit Khanasser Road area today caused a delay of SAA operations.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:49 pm

This is the start of a long article describing the tale of woe suffered by the non-Government forces over the past few days. If its true then a lot of 'management' opportunities are opening up. A quick promotion before the virgins call.

No mention of the RuAF, now quietly operating in the background with the publicity being given to the Syrian Government. Good PR move.

TEHRAN (FNA)- Syrian government forces, aided by Hezbollah and Russian air backup, struck lethal blows at different terrorist groups across the country on Sunday, killing tens of commanders of Al-Nusra, ISIL and other terrorist groups in the last 24 hours.

The Syrian warplanes conducted several airstrikes on militants' positions in Hama province, and killed several top commanders of al-Nusra terrorist group, the official branch of the Al-Qaeda in Syria.

Field sources said Ali al-Turki aka al-Muhajer, one of the most notorious and dangerous leaders of al-Nusra Front, was killed around al-Mansoura village.

The Turkish national was the mastermind of the terrorist attacks committed by Turkish mercenaries in the Northwestern countryside of Hama.

Syrian airstrikes also destroyed the main command post of 'Jund al-Aqsa' terrorist group in al-Latamneh village, 35 km North of Hama city, killing all the terrorists inside.

The "emir" of the group, Mohammad al-Salem, was among the dead terrorists.

Meanwhile, the Syrian army killed Musa’ab al-Ashqar, the leader of a terrorist group, and all his comrades in the vicinity of al-Latamneh.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13940803001155
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:11 am

Militarov wrote:Syrian Civil War: News #3 - Page 8 CSMUjYbU8AAL8G5

Looks quite severe.

I wonder if thermal imaging can still work in such events ?

Post  Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:13 am

Stealthflanker wrote:

Looks quite severe.

Thermal imaging yes at least to certain extend, IR image intensifiers however wont help Very Happy

Post  Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:08 am

Militarov wrote:
    Stealthflanker wrote:

Looks quite severe.

Thermal imaging yes at least to certain extend,  IR image intensifiers however wont help Very Happy

Why would someone downvote this? Shocked
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:14 am

because there has been people downvoting for the sake of it. Maybe Ultron, maybe someone else. Done it to me, done it to others for no reason.

Post  Guest Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:20 am

sepheronx wrote:because there has been people downvoting for the sake of it.  Maybe Ultron, maybe someone else.  Done it to me, done it to others for no reason.

Not that i care, i got so many downvotes here on stuff with legit sources and explanations but this one is really mind blowing Very Happy Tho you never know, maybe some people belive moonlight helps you see though wall of sand.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:35 am

Militarov wrote:

Why would someone downvote this? Shocked

some people are just funny. Laughing
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:40 am

I doubt any air operations can be conducted in such conditions....same goes for any larger ground operations BTW

---

Latest Report from Sheikh Saeed District/Cement Plant Area. #SAA #NDF Repelled Militant Attack
    https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1/status/658332511379046400

Earlier the pro-jihadi twitters were bombastically announcing the "BIG" news that Daesh had captured the cement factory and cut off the supply route to the SAA in the area.

They're starting to look a bit desperate, clutching at straws, trying to put a positive spin on the situation and consoling themselves with reposting TOW videos....I'm gonna suggest they contact Strelkov & Comp (El-Murid, Cassad....etc) so they can once again regain their mojo and regain their faith in the coming catastrophic defeat of Russia

---

In other news.. it looks like a new dictatorship is forming in Portugal with the full blessing
    of the EU.. Shocked

Just another (obvious) sign of the coming end of the EU

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:41 pm