Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+17
Ispan
Dima
Airbornewolf
alexZam
Viktor
Morpheus Eberhardt
OminousSpudd
max steel
PapaDragon
Cowboy's daughter
George1
GarryB
JohninMK
archangelski
Book.
zepia
magnumcromagnon
21 posters

Hello from me and 3 mosquitoes that are trying to kill me tonight

Hello from me and 3 mosquitoes that are trying to kill me tonight Empty Hello from me and 3 mosquitoes that are trying to kill me tonight

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:29 am

Hello, i saw its a habit here to introduce yourself so i thought i probably should do it too.

I am Serbian born in Bosnia and Herzegovina living in Serbia, i am 26 years old. I am educated in IT field (engineering), served in Serbian armed forces (last mandatory to serve generation) in Air defence and finished Reserve Officer School after it. Served in 250th Air Defence Missile brigade, 240th Air Defense Self Propelled Missile Battalion as communication engineer.

If anyone has something to ask...ask i guess Smile.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Hello from me and 3 mosquitoes that are trying to kill me tonight Empty Re: Hello from me and 3 mosquitoes that are trying to kill me tonight

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:33 am

welcome In your time in the military, have you learned how to use microwave ovens 'effectively'?.... Wink

Hello from me and 3 mosquitoes that are trying to kill me tonight Empty Re: Hello from me and 3 mosquitoes that are trying to kill me tonight

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:44 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:welcome In your time in the military, have you learned how to use microwave ovens 'effectively'?.... Wink

Heard of those legends, however i belive they are just that Smile. However we did get many tips from older officers regarding equipment evacuation after turning on radar for few minutes, com. equipment, hiding launchers and radars, wheeled workshops... and naturally how to "plug and play" decomissioned Mig21 radar to make them waste ALARMs Very Happy
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:46 am

Militarov wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:welcome In your time in the military, have you learned how to use microwave ovens 'effectively'?.... Wink

Heard of those legends, however i belive they are just that Smile. However we did get many tips from older officers regarding equipment evacuation after turning on radar for few minutes, com. equipment, hiding launchers and radars, wheeled workshops... and naturally how to "plug and play" decomissioned Mig21 radar to make them waste ALARMs Very Happy

I loved the fact that the Serbians made a mockery of NATO HARM's with a clever use of decoys... lol1

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:59 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

I loved the fact that the Serbians made a mockery of NATO HARM's with a clever use of decoys... lol1

You know just part probably tho Smile (not that i know all) but one of the funniest things is when Serbs would put couple old trucks in small forest, light a small camp fire, and put few chimney pipes up to sky and partially mask them with nets (to imitate howtizers) and then turn engine on one of the trucks, and if none work then chainsaw and let it be there, move away 500m. Enjoy the fireworks 30min later they were dropping tons and tons on payload on such targets recklessly thinking they found concentrated forces.

Or turning on all types of old and decomissioned radars that were repaired for that purpose to make them waste expencive anti-radiation missiles, even spare fighter radars with powersource.
    zepia
    zepia

Post  zepia Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:52 am

welcome
    Book.
    Book.

Post  Book. Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:11 am

Hello miltarov
    archangelski
    archangelski

Post  archangelski Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:09 am

welcome
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:09 am

Welcome. Love the comments. For some reason none of this has been reported in the western press Smile
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:28 pm

welcome Smile
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:12 pm

welcome
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Hope you got those mosquitoes!

Welcome from me as well. Also enjoyed the intro. and comments. Very Happy
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:28 pm

welcome

Dobro dos'o zemljace! thumbsup

One veteran gave me a tip about microwave owens: break the glass, plug it in and wait for boom. It is simple solution but NATO could not risk having possible radar operating undisturbed. Couple of million $$$ missile wasted...

Just make sure you have a big extinction cord... lol1 lol1 lol1
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Respect yes sir cheers

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:Hope you got those mosquitoes!

Fight wasnt fair but i won, fkn NATO spies i tell you, got more bitemarks than a Witcher.

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:08 pm

PapaDragon wrote:welcome

Dobro dos'o zemljace!  thumbsup

One veteran gave me a tip about microwave owens: break the glass, plug it in and wait for boom. It is simple solution but NATO could not risk having possible radar operating undisturbed. Couple of million $$$ missile wasted...

Just make sure you have a big extinction cord... lol1 lol1 lol1

Bolje te našao Smile

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:10 pm

max steel wrote:Respect yes sir  cheers

/Salute

I see you have achievs of my Brigade in your signature, tho you should put "Yugoslavia" not Balcans dem Greeks didnt help much you know Razz You can put incidents from Earlier in that decade in my homeland Bosnia and Herzegovina with Mirage 2000 and Sea Harrier Smile
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:36 pm

welcome Awesome history you've got there.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:39 pm

Militarov wrote:

Fight wasnt fair but i won, fkn NATO spies i tell you, got more bitemarks than a Witcher.
    Yup that's the future so they say in the USA, micro UAVs.

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:44 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

"IAI's Mosquito is a super-mini unmanned air system that is launched by hand." - Those were modernised version most likely Razz

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:47 pm

OminousSpudd wrote:welcome Awesome history you've got there.

I was mostly sitting and listening to Air Defence notification radio system i did not participate in any of stories i mentioned above (Not sure if i am sad or thankfull for that) army service in peacetime is quite boring. Ty for warm welcome Smile
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:34 am

Militarov wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

"IAI's Mosquito is a super-mini unmanned air system that is launched by hand." - Those were modernised version most likely Razz
    Weaponised more like.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:16 am

welcome

Post  Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:25 pm

Ty everyone Very Happy

Post  Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:40 am

Forgot to drop in. welcome aboard Militarov!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:04 am