Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+67
sheytanelkebir
kvs
Bidoul
Cucumber Khan
TheArmenian
whir
Project Canada
Kyo
Neutrality
soigneerin
Svyatoslavich
Giulio
auslander
Airbornewolf
Rodinazombie
Shadåw
Zivo
Monarchist
Heartbeer
Kimppis
zorobabel
Morpheus Eberhardt
mack8
Flyboy77
victor1985
As Sa'iqa
VARGR198
ultron
Hannibal Barca
HUNTER VZLA
NationalRus
Solncepek
d_taddei2
zg18
Dima
Werewolf
kap-the-head
mutantsushi
Khepesh
Akula971
George1
iraqidabab
higurashihougi
Vann7
magnumcromagnon
sepheronx
medo
PapaDragon
flamming_python
OminousSpudd
par far
Prince Darling
KoTeMoRe
ExBeobachter1987
GarryB
Cowboy's daughter
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Stealthflanker
Viktor
Book.
Fred333
JohninMK
max steel
jka
Walther von Oldenburg
AlfaT8
franco
71 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #2

Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #2

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:06 pm

And I think it's time to stop with these boring moral tirades. It's easy to say "oh, they support the tyrant X" or "oh, they support the group X that does Y" etc. sitting in front of a computer and drinking beer. Put yourselves in the shoes of people responsible for US foreign policy who have to navigate the complex world of geopolitics and make decisions that can affect their country for decades to come - and the entire thing will not look as simple anymore.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:08 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:And I think it's time to stop with these boring moral tirades. It's easy to say "oh, they support the tyrant X" or "oh, they support the group X that does Y" etc. sitting in front of a computer and drinking beer. Put yourselves in the shoes of people responsible for US foreign policy who have to navigate the complex world of geopolitics and make decisions that can affect their country for decades to come - and the entire thing will not look as simple anymore.

You should have told them before meddling in someone else's affair forcefully .
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:18 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter - so don't be too quick to call them terrorists.
    Thank you.  I get so sick of those attacking Saudia Arabia for backing 9/11.  They are the real patriots. /sarcasm

Last edited by mutantsushi on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:20 pm

This is what Russian embassy in UK said in their official Twitter feed:
    https://twitter.com/RussianEmbassy

"Moscow appreciates that US actions against IS are conducted in a way that doesn’t harm Syrian govt forces’ capability "

See, Werewolf? So after all, there is a US miliary action against ISIS  -and Moscow even appreciates it! This comes from an official Russian govt. source.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:And I think it's time to stop with these boring moral tirades. It's easy to say "oh, they support the tyrant X" or "oh, they support the group X that does Y" etc. sitting in front of a computer and drinking beer. Put yourselves in the shoes of people responsible for US foreign policy who have to navigate the complex world of geopolitics and make decisions that can affect their country for decades to come - and the entire thing will not look as simple anymore.

Ohh yes i will have much more understanding for the US foreign policy makers like Breninzky, such a Philantrop is just a good guy, that poor soul was just placed in his decision making position for the greater good, lets forget everything evil that cunt has made because he does that for good cause right?

You are truelly disgusting person by the meaning a subhuman to be precise. It isn't the first time you come up with this kind of anti human behavior and thoughts.

You prefer germany being occupied, killed, enslaved and ethnically genocided by US politics and its nuclear precense, its drive for suicide against russia. You like germany being what it is, you called several times this Orenburg subhuman of yours a great soldier who massacred african tribes and now you fully justify americunt foreign genocide policy with their spread and invention of terrorism to achieve their goals by proxy mercs, that is truelly a disgusting subhuman behavior. Wouldn't cry a tear if you get red by your beloved just americunts.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Werewolf...

Just ask out friends from behind our eastern border if they would like to have US bases in thei country -  and the threat of nuclear annihilation of Germany will be over. Poland would be very happy to have US bases redeployed to their country.

I never said I like US support for Islamists in Syria. I only said that in a complex world of geopolitics sometimes there is no choice. Americans and their allies fight Assad because he is not pro-American. They don't fight him because he's secular. If Assad was an Islamist, they would be supporting secularists against him. If Russia wanted to topple a pro-US secular dictator and the only way to do that would be by supporting Islamist rebels - it would do the same thing.

Imagine - you become one of the top policymakers in US government - US President . You inherit a geopolitical situation you had no influence on and you may like or not like the way it looks. And although you have limited power, you have to successfully manage alliances with several countries in a messed up, unstable region of the world. Then massive protests erupt in a country that is de facto an ally of your enemy. Your allies are pressuring your country to let them take over the entire mess and turn it into an organized, armed rebellion to eventually topple the dictator and install another dictator - how easy would it be for you to simply say "sorry guys,, we can't let you do that, it's immoral"? You must deal with the fact that your allies (some of whom have personal wealth higher than GDPs of some smaller countries) may start distrusting your country and turn against it.

BTW: That general was called von Trotha. I call myself von Oldenburg because I am from Oldenburg. Personally, I have much more appreciation for Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Werewolf...

Just ask out friends from behind our eastern border if they would like to have US bases in thei country -  and the threat of nuclear annihilation of Germany will be over. Poland would be very happy to have US bases redeployed to their country.

I never said I like US support for Islamists in Syria. I only said that in a complex world of geopolitics sometimes there is no choice. Americans and their allies fight Assad because he is not pro-American. They don't fight him because he's secular. If Assad was an Islamist, they would be supporting secularists against him. If Russia wanted to topple a pro-US secular dictator and the only way to do that would be by supporting Islamist rebels - it would do the same thing.

Imagine - you become one of the top policymakers in US government - US President . You inherit a geopolitical situation you had no influence on and you may like or not like the way it looks. And although you have limited power, you have to successfully manage alliances with several countries in a messed up, unstable region of the world. Then massive protests erupt in a country that is de facto an ally of your enemy. Your allies are pressuring your country to let them take over the entire mess and turn it into an organized, armed rebellion to eventually topple the dictator and install another dictator - how easy would it be for you to simply say "sorry guys,, we can't let you do that, it's immoral"? You must deal with the fact that your allies (some of whom have personal wealth higher than GDPs of some smaller countries) may start distrusting your country and turn against why it it.

That's why it is being said to dismantle NATO . NATO is all about hegemony , rest Europe doesn't need US to help them defend their homeland.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:04 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Werewolf...

Sure ask those countries who are already since many decades under US influence of constant anti russian and anti slavic propaganda. Ask the polish people how many of them already believe to be germanic and not slavic. Their opinion does not matter since their opinion is based on decade old anti slavic, Divide et impera, propaganda same as germans some idiots believe People from Switzerland are not germans or Austrians not germans, such stupidity has no say in anything whatsoever and that rightfully.

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:

So there is no choice in the world but the US must out of good deed and will spread terrorism, destroy nations, seize their resources, occupy their nations, enslave their governments as vassals. That is a must because otherwise this world would just implode if there is not someone struggling for unrivaled world domination right? An Unipolar world can not be according to you? Russia wouldn't do jackshit in that case, russia isn't some empire that needs resources from around the world, US does. Russia already has everything the world has in natural resources and the minor things it does not have it can easily trade without need to invade other countries to assure its domination over economy. Russia through entire history was never in any need of more soil or control over more resources. The US is based on only that, a colony of a small unimportant country that managed by barbarism to achieve an empire status, occupied and genocided an entire continent to assure its colonial assurance and control of resources and soil, this colony seperated than and has kept this exactly same mantra and barbarism. The US exists 239 years and it hasn't spend 9 years through tis entire existence without invading another country. Such a record of barbarism points only to one thing US is good for nothing but invasions, they will never learn untill they turn to ashes.

Imagine - you become one of the top policymakers in US government - US President . You inherit a geopolitical situation you had no influence on and you may like or not like the way it looks. And although you have limited power, you have to successfully manage alliances with several countries in a messed up, unstable region of the world. Then massive protests erupt in a country that is de facto an ally of your enemy. Your allies are pressuring your country to let them take over the entire mess and turn it into an organized, armed rebellion to eventually topple the dictator and install another dictator - how easy would it be for you to simply say "sorry guys,, we can't let you do that, it's immoral"? You must deal with the fact that your allies (some of whom have personal wealth higher than GDPs of some smaller countries) may start distrusting your country and turn against it.

I certainly through my life have obtained morals, do not have psychological disease or disfunctions to make me a sociopath, i certainly would make or stand for politics that are based on genocide, massacres and enslavement. If i would ever put in a such position i would obtain as much as information as possible and defect, but such policy making positions are not made for people with morals. They choose very wisely based on psychological profiling of people who they see fit for their sociopathic politics. Your subhuman behavior of justifying sociopaths and their genocide around the globe points only to one diagnosis, Stockholm Syndrome, unfortunatley to many vassal non-states occupants suffer such syndrome due the massive generation lasting brainwashing.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:42 pm

max steel wrote:

BREAKING: Defense officials tell NBC News that US special ops. forces are on ground in Syria assisting Kurdish forces in fight against ISIS

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/644171963884261377?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

This was clearly expected after Russia sent in it's army, it was crystal clear that the assholes would announce it, they were already there.
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:48 pm

Straight from the beast's mouth, on their "containment"/exploitation (vs. defeat) strategy vs. their Jihadi creation:
    Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 6 CPDGgoFWUAI-twm
    https://twitter.com/theLemniscat/status/644233012360683521
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:18 am

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:This is what Russian embassy in UK said in their official Twitter feed:
    https://twitter.com/RussianEmbassy

"Moscow appreciates that US actions against IS are conducted in a way that doesn’t harm Syrian govt forces’ capability "

See, Werewolf? So after all, there is a US miliary action against ISIS  -and Moscow even appreciates it! This comes from an official Russian govt. source.

yes ..and Putin called Ukraine ..brotherly nation.. when was bombing civilians women and children.. not only in eastern ukraine..but inside Russia.. Is called Diplomacy .. to try to influence
    Them to stop the hostilities against them..

Putin/Lavrov recently told that had inside information from the so called "anti ISIS coalition"
    that American Commanders had the exact locations of ISIS positions and that they refused to allow anyone to bomb them.. You have to be really naive to think Americans war against ISIS and Alqaeda was real.. is was a fraud.. ISIS is only a trojan horse american used to justify their interference in Syria through indirect ways.  They now can bomb Syrian army.. (as they have done days ago) and claim they "though it was ISIS).  and they also have bombed IRAQ..

Syria government have no choice but to allow Americans/Saudi coalition to continue to fly over northen Syria.. in the zones ISIS control . This is real practice makes no difference to them..
    as long they are not blocked from bombing any place they want. But as soon American airplanes fly over Syria military bases will be shut down..

in similar news..

This is the anglozionist agenda for Europe.. the islamization of Europe..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDKk15KcqNk

Going to quote what i posted before..

The whole Muslin invasion to Europe thing.. is an Anglozionist Neocon elite project . Is part of American Imperialism project.. and Israel greater middle east. IS about control.. they want to replicate the Saudi Arabia success into controlling its society ,through fear and through medieval punishment in society.. like public executions , beheading people , cut people hands to thieves.. and keep people busy working and praying and not interfering with the people in Power.  And this have everything to do with Russia = A Christian nation.  Because Christianity is seen by muslins radicals as the greatest danger to their religion.. this will be really ideal environment to turn All Europe ,into anti Russian Muslin continent. SO Europeans needs to be thankful to Americans Imperialism.. for this muslin invasion. They control your military ,with NATO, your economies with American/Jews Central banks and now the final one ,your religion too.
    So as soon as 5 to 10 years , you should expect Europe turned into a war zone.. just like Syria. And American military bases in Europe will provide weapons to them.  The only way to avoid this violence is to become 100% loyal to US imperialism.. and fully surrender your nation indentity and power to them.  Americans also is helping through NGOS  to raise the Ultra Nationalism too in Europe.. So you have there 2 extremist sides , and ideal setup for endless Unrest.  Countries like Germany and France that are opposing US proxy war against Russia in Ukraine.. already are under attack by this unrest. All this soft speaking muslins in cameras.. will take a gun against your nation any time ,they given one to control your state by force
    with Americans government support.. This is that country become rebelious to US imperialism.. ie.. seek to leave NATO and create alliance with Russia. So the investigator is right when he says Islam is a fascist ideology..  The way to fight this is for Europe retaking its Power Back from Americans.That is becoming Independent again.. leaving NATO ,and creating a major economic and military alliance with Russia to fight this muslins.. before is too late.  This is why all the Gay Rights crap.. so muslins can overtake Europeans and become majority more faster. and Femen Crap and Puzzy Riot crap.. All of them are financed by Jews..zionist  millionaire. The Anglozionist powers wants to Destroy the European Identity , destroy your traditional family values ,your religion ,to make it more easier to fully control Europe and that you become totally controlled society ,as muslins are in the middle east in muslins nations. Europeans are commiting a really bad mistake in allowing Americans to take control of their nation policies and to install military bases there.. those will be used to smuggle weapons to the muslins that Americans policy force Europeans through Belgium to take.. The third major world war will be muslins vs Christians.. history repeats again.. and Americans Elite will stay away of this conflict selling weapons to both sides. How easily can be to arm muslins in Europe.. many of them will be trained for combat. Americans can for example can stage another Mosul false flag..and allow muslin to overrun an American military base with tones of weapons. and they will say it was a "failure" in intelligence.. bla bla as they justified 9/11 in wtc. Islam is a "Religion of Peace" says Obama and Bush.. no is not a religion of peace..is pure Fascism..Islam totally control every little thing in people lives.. from food to what you eat.. how to use the toilet. how to pray..everything
    and all of them see womens as inferior and its only role in society to be pregnant and please man .

Islam controls society through Fear and submission of society as is the case of so called moderates ones (chechenia ,Dagestan and IRAN) , or through terror as is the case of Saudi Arabia ,Qatar and ISIS) and they (US,UK-Israel) the anglozionist powers also help to spread this terrorism  muslin ideology through the entire world. first a more moderate secular islam and later a more extremist one..Because this can easily allow them to control whole armies of millions by simply controlling their religious corrupt leaders. . So this is alQ and IRAN and Sso a weapon not only against Christian nations but also against secular muslin nations .  Islamic extremism is a weapon that US - UK and israel helps to spread ,to control more easily entire nations. and if Europe do not wake up and break alliance with Americans and joins an alliance with Russia ,they will end fighting muslins in every street ,every city ,every park..and the muslins being armed by US. All this religions conflicts are very convenient blackmail tool of Americans to pressure nations to stay in their Imperialism policies.

Last edited by Vann7 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:44 am

Hi, can you keep on topic and not post "Islamization of Europe" screed in Syria Civil War thread?
    Likewise for re-quoting your own old wall of text. Thanks.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:50 am

mutantsushi wrote:Hi, can you keep on topic and not post "Islamization of Europe" screed in Syria Civil War thread?
    Likewise for re-quoting your own old wall of text.  Thanks.

IF you read what i posted you will see this is connected with Syria..
    thanks!  wake up, turn on your brains a little bit . this is NOT off topic.

Syrian refugees in greece attacked by Afgan muslins..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfeCvrT0uaY&feature=youtu.be

Europe now is in a real mess.. and all this is consequences of their irresponsibility
    of not standing against US imperialism when they could.

Here another report.. by a dutch journalist. he got a fake Syrian passport to proof
    how easy is for anyone to get one.. and enter illegally in Europe.. he also proof that ISIL
    fighters or Alqaeda could easily do the same.

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20150917/1027120303/harald-doornbos-obtains-fake-syrian-passport-uses-mark-rutte-photo.html
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:38 am

Werewolf wrote:So there is no choice in the world but the US must out of good deed and will spread terrorism, destroy nations, seize their resources, occupy their nations, enslave their governments as vassals. That is a must because otherwise this world would just implode if there is not someone struggling for unrivaled world domination right? An Unipolar world can not be according to you? Russia wouldn't do jackshit in that case, russia isn't some empire that needs resources from around the world, US does. Russia already has everything the world has in natural resources and the minor things it does not have it can easily trade without need to invade other countries to assure its domination over economy. Russia through entire history was never in any need of more soil or control over more resources. The US is based on only that, a colony of a small unimportant country that managed by barbarism to achieve an empire status, occupied and genocided an entire continent to assure its colonial assurance and control of resources and soil, this colony seperated than and has kept this exactly same mantra and barbarism. The US exists 239 years and it hasn't spend 9 years through tis entire existence without invading another country. Such a record of barbarism points only to one thing US is good for nothing but invasions, they will never learn untill they turn to ashes.
    Foreign policy of every country is not (and should not be) assessed on the basis of what thugs and criminals it supported in other countries - but on the basis of how well it served the interests of it's own country - if German foreign policy resulted in death of hundreds of milions, then as long as Germany's vital interests are secured - it's good.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:58 am

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Foreign policy of every country is not (and should not be) assessed on the basis of what thugs and criminals it supported in other countries - but on the basis of how well it served the interests of it's own country - if German foreign policy resulted in death of hundreds of milions, then as long as Germany's vital interests are secured - it's good.

The problem is that other countries won't stay still and barely look at their own population being massacred to serve the "vital interest" of Mr. ABCXYZ. And the problem is that countries are loosely connected to each others and need each others to survive.

That's while people make compromise and things like "moral code" and "ethical value" were born. Moral and ethics is the means to ensure the development of the whole community without sacrifice too much benefits of individuals.

When you do things which harm the greater good of the community, it is evil. When you do things which benefit the growth, progress and development of the whole society, it is good.

I didn't say the current authority system managed to 100% maintain the moral code. But it is enough to let the society live on and thrive on.

Long live Han Fei Zi.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:13 am

IT's a rule in diplomacy to be kind towards your allies. But there's also a rule to be harsh towards your enemies. Assad bets the wrong horse. Had he become an ally of America and his country would be safe and peaceful now while Assad would still have power with the ability to rule it as he pleases.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:49 am

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:IT's a rule in diplomacy to be kind towards your allies. But there's also a rule to be harsh towards your enemies. Assad bets the wrong horse. Had he become an ally of America and his country would be safe and peaceful now while Assad would still have power with the ability to rule it as he pleases.

White House does not have allies. It only has minions and servants.

In 1945 our country expressed the will to be a friend with the U.S. by 8 successive letter to president Truman. But the White House didn't answer and we suffered a terrible war for 3 decades.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:52 am

I know that ZH is sometimes a bit OTT but this is a quite a good bit of realism about the airfield 'upgrading' and 'influx' of Russian troops. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-16/satellite-image-supposedly-proves-presence-russian-troops-and-aircraft-syria

So you don't have to wade through the endless comments this is probably the best one, its by Paveway IV

This is the usual MSM spew as directed by ZATO. Bibi is all butt-hurt that Assad took out one of his F-16s a few weeks ago - censored in the MSM of course.

Israel lost an F-16 to a Syrian S-300 near the end of August. It was defending al Nusra that were attacking something in Quneitra. The Israelis are desperate to annex more land inside Syria and need their al Nusra rats to take over Quneitra. The Israelis pretty much want to steal all the UNDOF-guarded buffer zone from Syria and declare a new buffer zone even further inside Syria so they can finally attack Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon with their aircraft WITHOUT worrying about Syrian air defense.

On the map, you'll see Mt. Hermon. The highest spot near there is Jabal ash Shaykh, the northern tip of the UNDOF zone, which Israel figures it owns. Like the Golan, Israel will not be happy without owning everything that might be used to resist their aggression. Syrian air defense sites on ash Shaykh would be problematic for them, and they want their own missile bases there to attack Damascus. They also need to invade Southern Lebanon and ethnically cleanse the Shebaa Farms and attack Hezbollah, but they can't do that without controlling the mountains.

The Israeli airstrike earlier this week was further up in Beqaa Valley. This is a place of extreme historic significance to Israel. They were able to take out Syria's entire Soviet-era air defense network there in 1982. Israel has basically uses the same strategy today - take out all the SAM sites on the Syrian side of the Golan, then take out all Syrian SAM sites around Damascus and in the Beqaa Valley. They're trying to do that last part now, but then Russia showed up to spoil the party.

Israel was able to use al Nusra for the Syrian Golan SAM sites, but they're starting to lose those. Al Nusra just isn't as reliable as they thought. Israel has been trying to use al Nusra in Quneitra and Shebba Farms, but they keep getting their ass kicked by Hezbollah and the SAA. The recent loss of al Zabadani means their al Nusra/FSA Beqaa valley conquest is not going well either. In other words, their 'defeat the Syrian air defense network' has hit a wall.

Nettanyahu is heading to Moscow next week to threaten Putin. We'll see how well that goes. The current MSM spew is suppose to demonize Russia vis Syria and bolster Israel's psychopathic plans in the eyes of the public. So far, it's been a colossal failure. Everyone hates Israel and everyone likes Russia (except ZATO - and they're starting to come around).

Bibi's threats to nuke the Middle East always let him get whatever he wanted from the U.S. in the past. I would kill to be a fly on the wall of the Nettanyahu-Putin meeting. Bibi goes into a long rant about Hezbollah and Iran, threatening to nuke them both. Putin (bored - trying to remain awake) looks at his watch and says "Are we done here yet, you fucking psychopath? Nuke whomever you want. Russia will attend to her interests however we see fit." Leaving a sputtering, red-faced Nettanyahu demanding promises for Israel's protection as Putin walks out the door - laughing.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:41 am

Pressure to Expand Syrian Airstrikes as 330 ISIL Militants Killed by UK RAF

Syrian Civil War: News #2 - Page 6 1024122883

According to UK Defense Secretary Michael Fallon, Britain's Royal Air Force has killed 330 ISIS militants in Iraq, whilst RAF jets and drones have been deployed around 1,300 times.

Answering a written parliamentary question from Green MP Caroline Lucas, Mr Fallon said:

"The estimated number of ISIL fighters killed as a result of UK strikes from September 2014 to 31 August 2015 is around 330."

"This figure is highly approximate, not least given the absence of UK ground troops in a position to observe the effects of strike activity".

Fallon added that the government does not "believe there have been any civilian casualties as a result of UK strike activity. Any overall estimates would be a matter for the coalition."

UK Prime Minister David Cameron has once again suggested that the UK should pursue with its military mission in Iraq, extending it into Syria. A move rejected by parliament in 2013, when MPs voted against any British military action.

Meanwhile, drone attacks in Syria recently killed two suspected British jihadis, Reyaad Khan and Ruhuk Amin. David Cameron justified the attack on legal grounds of self-defense — but the new Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has suggested the strike was "legally questionable".

In 2014, MPs from all parties approved air strikes against ISIL extremists in Iraq. In July 2015, Britain's Defense Secretary said the UK should consider air strikes in Syria to combat extremists operating from the country — but added that a Parliamentary vote would be needed first.

Jeremy Corbyn recently told the Observer that:

"The Prime Minister will soon again be asking us to bomb Syria. That won't help refugees, it will create more."

Military action might not only lead to more refugees fleeing conflict, as Corbyn suggests — but potentially escalate the surge in support in the area for Islamic State.

US President Barack Obama recently said: "We're going to have to pick up our game to prevent these attacks" and to prevent "lone wolf" attacks on US soil. But Obama was accused by republicans of not having a successful strategy.

"His rhetoric doesn't match reality. Over the last year, ISIL has expanded its reach exponentially — and the group's influence continues to grow," said Senator Tom Cotton.

The head of the MI5 in the UK, however, has told British media that the terror threat to Britain is at its highest level in over 30 years and is "growing".

Andrew Parker, director-general of MI5 said police and intelligence agencies had foiled six terrorist plots in the past year alone.

"That is the highest number I can recall in my 32-year career, certainly the highest number since 9/11."

But it appears David Cameron is hoping to win over public and political opinion to increase support for air strikes in Syria by using the list of successful strikes in Iraq announced by Michael Fallon and reported in the British press.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150917/1027150434/iraq-isil-airstrikes-syria-uk.html#ixzz3m2RAINqx
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:02 am

mutantsushi

Post  mutantsushi Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:27 am

Vann7 wrote:
    mutantsushi wrote:Hi, can you keep on topic and not post "Islamization of Europe" screed in Syria Civil War thread?
    Likewise for re-quoting your own old wall of text.  Thanks.
    IF you read what i posted you will see this is connected with Syria..
    thanks!  wake up, turn on your brains a little bit . this is NOT off topic.
    No really, "Christian Prophecy" videos from 2012 are not "news".  Neither is reposting your walls of text "news".
    I don't see any reason to repost one's own posts like that unless it to specifically respond to an issue, in which case you can trim the quote down to the minimum.
    There is another thread for refugee/immigration crisis in Europe.  Likewise we can keep discussions of UKR/RU immigration to California out of RU/UKR war threads.

If you can refrain from condescending calls to "turn on your brains a little bit" I would appreciate it. Although I'm not sure what information you think I don't know, or even which opinion I differ from you on.
    Regardless, people have differing opinions or simply different emphasis in tone.  We can maintain a civil respectful tone.  I am about to quit this forum permanently for this reason (not just you).

Last edited by mutantsushi on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:29 am

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:IT's a rule in diplomacy to be kind towards your allies. But there's also a rule to be harsh towards your enemies. Assad bets the wrong horse. Had he become an ally of America and his country would be safe and peaceful now while Assad would still have power with the ability to rule it as he pleases.

Listen to the Vietnamese dude.

And really Vietnam is a good example - it didn't take shit from anyone, US included, and these days its being courted by them and treated with respect.

Werewolf wrote:So there is no choice in the world but the US must out of good deed and will spread terrorism, destroy nations, seize their resources, occupy their nations, enslave their governments as vassals. That is a must because otherwise this world would just implode if there is not someone struggling for unrivaled world domination right? An Unipolar world can not be according to you? Russia wouldn't do jackshit in that case, russia isn't some empire that needs resources from around the world, US does. Russia already has everything the world has in natural resources and the minor things it does not have it can easily trade without need to invade other countries to assure its domination over economy. Russia through entire history was never in any need of more soil or control over more resources. The US is based on only that, a colony of a small unimportant country that managed by barbarism to achieve an empire status, occupied and genocided an entire continent to assure its colonial assurance and control of resources and soil, this colony seperated than and has kept this exactly same mantra and barbarism. The US exists 239 years and it hasn't spend 9 years through tis entire existence without invading another country. Such a record of barbarism points only to one thing US is good for nothing but invasions, they will never learn untill they turn to ashes.
    Foreign policy of every country is not (and should not be) assessed on the basis of what thugs and criminals it supported in other countries - but on the basis of how well it served the interests of it's own country - if German foreign policy resulted in death of hundreds of milions, then as long as Germany's vital interests are secured - it's good.

Germany's vital interests cannot be secured if it's foreign policy leads to humanitarian catastrophies everywhere that result in even a tiny fraction of the figures you're talking about.
    It will all rebound onto Germany itself through a variety of direct and indirect means, some sooner, some later.

And that's really the story with America too. It's not so much that they're ruled by evil-doers, as much as they're ruled by idiots who can't help but turn everything to shit in each country they touch. In some ways that's actually more dangerous.

Of course this is all leading to a quiet but very much noticeable erosion of American power, credibility and influence.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:08 am

flamming_python wrote:

Listen to the Vietnamese dude.

And really Vietnam is a good example - it didn't take shit from anyone, US included, and these days its being courted by them and treated with respect.

Germany's vital interests cannot be secured if it's foreign policy leads to humanitarian catastrophies everywhere that result in even a tiny fraction of the figures you're talking about.
    It will all rebound onto Germany itself through a variety of direct and indirect means, some sooner, some later.

And that's really the story with America too. It's not so much that they're ruled by evil-doers, as much as they're ruled by idiots who can't help but turn everything to shit in each country they touch. In some ways that's actually more dangerous.

Of course this is all leading to a quiet but very much noticeable erosion of American power, credibility and influence.

It's Viet Nam FFS. They only need harsh words and a straw to kick ass. pirat
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:36 am

US to Continue Ignoring Damascus Government on Military Strikes in Syria

The United States will continue to carry out military operations in Syria and in the airspace over it without recognizing or notifying the country’s government, Department of Defense spokesperson Peter Cook told reporters.

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — The forces of the US-led coalition against ISIL remain active every day in Syria, Cook noted.

"We’ve made it clear from the start that the Syrian government should not be interfering with our operations," Cook told the Defense Department daily press briefing on Thursday.

However, "We’re not notifying, not coordinating with the Syrians on anything," he explained.

Cook insisted that the US government wanted to avoid clashes or any kind of misunderstanding with Russia, which is working with the Syrian government to support its armed forces battling ISIL.

"We want to avoid miscalculation, we want to avoid problems," Cook insisted.

However, he added that the Obama administration remained determined to maintain its current level of military involvement in authorizing air strikes against Islamic State forces without getting them approved or coordinated in any way with the Syrian government of President Bashir Assad.

"We want to keep as much as possible coalition aircraft operating in this space," he said.

A group of Syrian rebels supported by US politicians for their “moderate” position, and who received US military equipment, has disbanded after heavy losses.

The Defense Department and US Central Command (CENTCOM), which directs US military forces and training programs to fight ISIL, are facing growing criticism over revelations their efforts to train moderate opposition fighters have proven a complete failure.

On Wednesday, CENTCOM Commander, General Lloyd Austin, admitted to the US Senate Armed Services Committee that currently only "four or five" individual trained opposition troops were active against ISIL when the US goal had been to train and deploy 5,400 by the end of 2015.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150918/1027167531.html#ixzz3m3OSxMFw
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:36 am

Kerry Shares US Lawmakers’ Dismay of Syrian Train-Equip Program

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150918/1027164996.html#ixzz3m3Oc1kcr

US Military Fails to Track Volunteers Trained to Fight Islamists in Syria

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20150918/1027164655.html#ixzz3m3Ogf7ri

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 am