Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+54
Morpheus Eberhardt
KomissarBojanchev
zepia
2SPOOKY4U
onwiththewar
chinggis
Cowboy's daughter
George1
Hannibal Barca
HeNeArKrXeRn_
Walther von Oldenburg
Cyberspec
OminousSpudd
PapaDragon
kvs
calripson
ExBeobachter1987
BKP
franco
Firebird
Werewolf
Viktor
wilhelm
Boreas
par far
Da_Vinci
Karl Haushofer
TheArmenian
arpakola
higurashihougi
Mr.Comrade
AirCargo
cracker
mutantsushi
Akula971
Neutrality
Erk
mack8
magnumcromagnon
Regular
KoTeMoRe
sepheronx
whir
flamming_python
Godric
medo
gregoire
Cahaba
Flagship Victory
auslander
Ghoster
Monarchist
Khepesh
Rodinazombie
58 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

auslander
    auslander

The Situation in the Ukraine. #15 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

Post  auslander Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:44 pm

JohninMK wrote:Hi Khepesh, good to see your name again.The photo I have seen shows a big crater, aren't thermobaric weapons primarily surface blast devices?

John, as was so politely said to me when I arrived here, welcome home.

The crater is in my opinion no doubt Tuchka. As far as I know OSCE has yet to visit the scene of the crater or any Tuchka crater since the beginning.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

The Situation in the Ukraine. #15 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #15

Post  JohninMK Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:51 pm

auslander wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Hi Khepesh, good to see your name again.The photo I have seen shows a big crater, aren't thermobaric weapons primarily surface blast devices?

The crater is in my opinion no doubt Tuchka. As far as I know OSCE has yet to visit the scene of the crater or any Tuchka crater since the beginning.
    Thank you. I will try to be useful.

Clearly the OSCE don't have a head for heights, or should that be depths!
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:29 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    auslander wrote:

Thank you. I will try to be useful.
    Clearly the OSCE don't have a head for heights, or should that be depths!

One of the better days of my life was when OSCE showed up on our north border last March, all military types including several American officers and with a rather large convoy of automaidan with them, the convoy including lots of right sector types. Berkut told OSCE they could not enter at which point OSCE had a cow, I think it was the first time in their existence they had been told 'no'. One of the right sector thugs decided to argue the point and when he set foot on the bridge he got a rubber bullet in the side, didn't hurt him but boy did he squeal.

In my opinion OSCE should be tossed out of Novorossiya. They have zero equipment, not even a measuring tape, and by eye they decide where a round came from, what it was and who fired it. Not a danged one of them knows what he's talking about and two of them have been caught, both Ukes, setting up targeting devices for the uke arty, that was in late March and early April in Donetsk.
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:31 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Not sure what this means. Sometimes Bausurin seems to over exaggerate.

MOSCOW, June 17. /TASS/. The reconnaissance units of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic have identified the arrival of another 40 pieces of military equipment and some 300 troops at the frontline, the spokesman for the unrecognized republic's defense ministry has told TASS.

"The Donetsk republic’s intelligence groups keep registering redeployments of Ukrainian manpower and materiel. Two multiple rocket launchers Grad have been moved from Volnovakha to Andreyevka. Five multiple rocket launchers have been moved eastwards from Kurakhovo," the Donetsk News Agency quotes Basurin as saying.

In the village of Ostroye 19 Grad launchers and four Uragan launchers have been deployed, and four self-propelled artillery systems MSTA-2S and three systems Giatsint-B have been spotted in the village of Kleban-Byk.

"In the area of Andreyevka the location has been established of three Grad multiple rocket launchers. Up to 300 troops have arrived in the town," Basurin said.
    Perhaps underestimating. ukrops have a  battery of BM-30 near Kurakhovo and it is possible that the attack on the chemical plant yesterday was by two thermobaric missiles fired in salvo. The warhead weight of two 9M55S is the same as one Tochka-U
    Hi Khepesh, good to see your name again.

The photo I have seen shows a big crater, aren't thermobaric weapons primarily surface blast devices?
    Does indeed look like a Tochka-U crater to me, but for some reason it is being said to be thermobaric, and I don't know why that is so. One complication to all these explosions at DZRHI is that if an incoming munition does hit one of the storage facilities, then, if it is a direct hit, the primary and secondry explosions will be essentially simultaneous and an explosion of the RDX stored there will leave a huge hole. There is something not quite right about the reporting of what happens there, and the previous explosion, about a month or so back, being put down to controlled demolition of unexploded munitions did not seem to be the truth then, and not now.

Edit: I just saw this on Voice of Sevastopol, and timed after my intial post about this, that repeats about the explosion being caused by two rockets fired from BM-30 at Kurakhovo. Perhaps Rozhin looks at the same sources as me, I don't know. http://voicesevas.ru/news/yugo-vostok/15004-hronika-voennyh-sobytiy-v-novorossii-za-17062015.html#dt1819

Last edited by Khepesh on Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:36 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Not sure what this means. Sometimes Bausurin seems to over exaggerate.

MOSCOW, June 17. /TASS/. The reconnaissance units of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic have identified the arrival of another 40 pieces of military equipment and some 300 troops at the frontline, the spokesman for the unrecognized republic's defense ministry has told TASS.

"The Donetsk republic’s intelligence groups keep registering redeployments of Ukrainian manpower and materiel. Two multiple rocket launchers Grad have been moved from Volnovakha to Andreyevka. Five multiple rocket launchers have been moved eastwards from Kurakhovo," the Donetsk News Agency quotes Basurin as saying.

In the village of Ostroye 19 Grad launchers and four Uragan launchers have been deployed, and four self-propelled artillery systems MSTA-2S and three systems Giatsint-B have been spotted in the village of Kleban-Byk.

"In the area of Andreyevka the location has been established of three Grad multiple rocket launchers. Up to 300 troops have arrived in the town," Basurin said.
    Perhaps underestimating. ukrops have a  battery of BM-30 near Kurakhovo and it is possible that the attack on the chemical plant yesterday was by two thermobaric missiles fired in salvo. The warhead weight of two 9M55S is the same as one Tochka-U
    Hi Khepesh, good to see your name again.

The photo I have seen shows a big crater, aren't thermobaric weapons primarily surface blast devices?
    Does indeed look like a Tochka-U crater to me, but for some reason it is being said to be thermobaric, and I don't know why that is so. One complication to all these explosions at DZRHI is that if an incoming munition does hit one of the storage facilities, then, if it is a direct hit, the primary and secondry explosions will be essentially simultaneous and an explosion of the RDX stored there will leave a huge hole. There is something not quite right about the reporting of what happens there, and the previous explosion, about a month or so back, being put down to controlled demolition of unexploded munitions did not seem to be the truth then, and not now.

Whatever it was it seems to have hit dead square on a rail line and also seems to have taking out a fair sized box car. Perhaps the ukes got lucky with an arty round and hit a boxcar full of ammo? Still, the crater is huge and having seen older photos of munitions brewing up in boxcars I've never seen a crater that size except from other Tuchka hits.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:44 pm

AFAIK Ukraine does not have Tochka-U with Thermobaric warheads all they have is HE-Frag warheads. Thermobaric warheads leave the ground dried out in a grey-ish/brown color, but the earth on those pictures looks wet, meaning it is not a thermobaric warhead also they explode meters above ground and do not impact.
    whir

Post  whir Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:45 pm

News-Front wrote:The picket the US embassy in Kiev: people demand to remove US troops and weapons to the Donbas

More than a thousand people of Kiev near the American embassy demanding the United States to stop the war in the Donbas

Джон Траст / John Trust wrote:Unkind morning near Marinka (Brigade "tag" to repel the attacks APU, 06.17.15)
    Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:58 pm

auslander wrote:Whatever it was it seems to have hit dead square on a rail line and also seems to have taking out a fair sized box car. Perhaps the ukes got lucky with an arty round and hit a boxcar full of ammo? Still, the crater is huge and having seen older photos of munitions brewing up in boxcars I've never seen a crater that size except from other Tuchka hits.
    Looking at all the photos I would also say that the crater was made by HE 100%, not thermobaric, and that the crater width and depth is to large to be made by even two rockets fired from BM-30 hitting at the same time, even if they were HE and not thermobaric, and had not detonated any stored munitions. Pion would not make such a big crater either as the warhead weight is only quarter that of Tochka.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:16 pm

Khepesh wrote:
    auslander wrote:Whatever it was it seems to have hit dead square on a rail line and also seems to have taking out a fair sized box car. Perhaps the ukes got lucky with an arty round and hit a boxcar full of ammo? Still, the crater is huge and having seen older photos of munitions brewing up in boxcars I've never seen a crater that size except from other Tuchka hits.
    Looking at all the photos I would also say that the crater was made by HE 100%, not thermobaric, and that the crater width and depth is to large to be made by even two rockets fired from BM-30 hitting at the same time, even if they were HE and not thermobaric, and had not detonated any stored munitions. Pion would not make such a big crater either as the warhead weight is only quarter that of Tochka.

Watched the vid on Strelkov and there was a couple of quite large radius metal pieces at the bottom of the hole, way larger than Pion or BM-30. If they are indeed parts of the delivery system it's Tuchka.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:05 pm

auslander wrote:...............................................

In my opinion OSCE should be tossed out of Novorossiya. They have zero equipment, not even a measuring tape, and by eye they decide where a round came from, what it was and who fired it. Not a danged one of them knows what he's talking about and two of them have been caught, both Ukes, setting up targeting devices for the uke arty, that was in late March and early April in Donetsk.  

What you just described pretty much sums up OSCE's approach to the T.

This is the same thing they have been doing here in the Balkans. Trust me, they know damn well where every shell came from and who fired it and everyone who thinks that they are impartial in this (or any other) matter is a very naive individual (to put it politely).

This goes beyond OSCE. International Red Cross has more than once demonstrated nasty habit of smuggling weapons and ordinance to some very unsavory groups and when our guys would seize the shipments the "humanitarians" would go on camera and scream bloody murder.

Doctors Without Borders also have some nasty skeletons in their closets...
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:07 pm

auslander wrote:
    Khepesh wrote:

Watched the vid on Strelkov and there was a couple of quite large radius metal pieces at the bottom of the hole, way larger than Pion or BM-30. If they are indeed parts of the delivery system it's Tuchka.
    Someone doesn't want to say the T word

MOSCOW, June 17 /TASS/. A chemical plant explosion that occurred in Donetsk’s Kuibyshevsky district last night had been caused by a fallen Smerch MRLS missile fired from the village of Kurakhovo, an army source of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic told the Donetsk news agency on Wednesday.

"The expertise of the explosive’s remains in the soil and the detailed analysis of the craters and vegetation in the hitting area are pointing to that," the source said. According to him, the plant was shelled by fuel-air shells fired from Kurakhovo village located 30 kilometers away from Donetsk.

The Ukraine army used to shell the Donetsk chemical plant many times in the past.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:09 pm

Ukrop Hind was shot down, here Video from cockpit view of ukrop hind.
    18+
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:12 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

This is the same thing they have been doing here in the Balkans. Trust me, they know damn well where every shell came from and who fired it and everyone who thinks that they are impartial in this (or any other) matter is a very naive individual (to put it politely).

This goes beyond OSCE. International Red Cross has more than once demonstrated nasty habit of smuggling weapons and ordinance to some very unsavory groups and when our guys would seize the shipments the "humanitarians" would go on camera and scream bloody murder.

Yes, I remember reading a case where a red cross parcels were dropped in south sudan, contained weapons and ammo for the rebels.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:25 pm

OK, clearly there is something there that is significant and they haven't found it yet, or they want to say they have just found it. These are not crash investigators this is a police/MoD 'pin the blame' team.

MOSCOW, June 17 /TASS/. The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission (SMM) to Ukraine will help a group of Dutch experts to gain free access to the MH17 crash site in Donbas, the press service of the OSCE mission in the Donetsk region told the Donetsk news agency on Wednesday. The OSCE mission’s task is to monitor the situation in the region. Besides, our colleagues from Donetsk will provide free access to the MH17 crash site for the Dutch experts who will arrive in Donbas for the purpose of investigating the tragedy site, the OSCE said.

On June 16, the Dutch prosecutor’s office said that it was sending a mission to eastern Ukraine as part of criminal investigation into the MH17 crash. The mission comprises defense ministry employees and law enforcers.

The Dutch mission’s task will be to collect evidence, which can either confirm or disprove the existing crash versions. The Dutch experts are expected to work in eastern Ukraine for about two weeks.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:05 pm

http://rt.com/business/267802-eu-russia-economic-sanctions/

You knew this was coming.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:27 pm

par far wrote:http://rt.com/business/267802-eu-russia-economic-sanctions/

Yup, several hours old news.

Now with this officially of the way, I expect to start seeing some changes on the ground.
    Khepesh said he thinks that events will start to unfold 7 weeks from now. Bit of a long wait if you ask me, but I trust his judgment.
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:29 pm

The US/EU have declared war on Russia, if not in words but actions. Sanctions are just one of their weapons of war.

auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:37 pm

PapaDragon wrote:

I don't trust any of them and haven't since I was about 18, I've seen to much over the years from all of them. NGO's are the same, actually worse. We've shut most, if not all, of them down in this AO, we don't need their 'help', we can do all that's needed ourselves. That includes our little covey of Baptists who used to live literally a block west of us on our street.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:48 pm

Erk wrote:
    The US/EU have declared war on Russia, if not in words but actions. Sanctions are just one of their weapons of war.

I don't think many know how true your words are. Not many decades ago what US/EU are doing would have brought a visit from the Russian ambassador with a formal declaration of war.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:55 pm

Oh no, you didn't  !!!  lol1 russia  

Ukraine president’s former factory to service Russian Black Sea Fleet’s ships

After Crimea’s reintegration into Russia, the Sevastopol government took a decision to place the Sevastopol Sea Plant into state ownership

http://tass.ru/en/russia/801444

SEVASTOPOL, June 17. /TASS/. Ships and submarines that will enter service with the Russian Black Sea Fleet will eventually undergo upgrade and maintenance at the Sevastopol Sea Plant that previously belonged to Ukrainian billionaire President Petro Poroshenko, Plant Director Alexander Yuryev said on Wednesday.

The Sevastopol Sea Plant has recently been turned into a state unitary enterprise, the director said.

"After the arrival of Project 636 submarines and the expiry of their warranty period operation, repairs will be held here. The corvettes under construction at the Yantar shipyard will undergo modernization and repairs at our plant. This has already been decided," he said.

The Russian Black Sea Fleet is to get six Project 636.3 Varshavyanka-class submarines before the autumn of 2016. The first two submarines dubbed Novorossiysk and Rostov-on-Don were already transferred to the Navy last year. So far, they are undergoing deep-water tests in Russia’s Northern Fleet.

The third submarine dubbed Stary Oskol will be handed over the Navy during the international naval show in St. Petersburg in July.

The Sevastopol Sea Plant, formerly known as the Lazarev Admiralty, was founded in 1783. This largest ship-building enterprise in Sevastopol has three dry docks.

During the Soviet period, the Sevastopol Sea Plant was among the world’s leaders in the construction of crane vessels but actually ground to a halt by 2010, keeping only 200 workers out of the 16,000 workforce.

The Sevastopol Sea Plant was placed under full control of Ukrprominvest Group owned by Poroshenko in December 2010.

After Crimea’s reintegration into Russia, the Sevastopol government took a decision in February 2015 to place the enterprise into state ownership.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:05 pm

PapaDragon wrote:Oh no, you didn't  !!!  lol1 russia  

After Crimea’s reintegration into Russia, the Sevastopol government took a decision to place the Sevastopol Sea Plant into state ownership

SEVASTOPOL, June 17. /TASS/. Ships and submarines that will enter service with the Russian Black Sea Fleet will eventually undergo upgrade and maintenance at the Sevastopol Sea Plant that previously belonged to Ukrainian billionaire President Petro Poroshenko, Plant Director Alexander Yuryev said on Wednesday.

The Sevastopol Sea Plant has recently been turned into a state unitary enterprise, the director said.

"After the arrival of Project 636 submarines and the expiry of their warranty period operation, repairs will be held here. The corvettes under construction at the Yantar shipyard will undergo modernization and repairs at our plant. This has already been decided," he said.

The Russian Black Sea Fleet is to get six Project 636.3 Varshavyanka-class submarines before the autumn of 2016. The first two submarines dubbed Novorossiysk and Rostov-on-Don were already transferred to the Navy last year. So far, they are undergoing deep-water tests in Russia’s Northern Fleet.

The third submarine dubbed Stary Oskol will be handed over the Navy during the international naval show in St. Petersburg in July.

The Sevastopol Sea Plant, formerly known as the Lazarev Admiralty, was founded in 1783. This largest ship-building enterprise in Sevastopol has three dry docks.

During the Soviet period, the Sevastopol Sea Plant was among the world’s leaders in the construction of crane vessels but actually ground to a halt by 2010, keeping only 200 workers out of the 16,000 workforce.

The Sevastopol Sea Plant was placed under full control of Ukrprominvest Group owned by Poroshenko in December 2010.

After Crimea’s reintegration into Russia, the Sevastopol government took a decision in February 2015 to place the enterprise into state ownership.

Poroshenko's goons just walked in six years ago, told all the workers to leave and padlocked the gates. His plan was to turn it in to a yacht club next to City Center. One can not own stolen property, that includes stolen government property.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:13 pm

auslander wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:Oh no, you didn't  !!!  lol1 russia  

Poroshenko's goons just walked in six years ago, told all the workers to leave and padlocked the gates. His plan was to turn it in to a yacht club next to City Center. One can not own stolen property, that includes stolen government property.

I guess poor old Porky will now have to park his yacht on the Kiev Riviera.... lol1
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:34 pm

http://lenta.ru/news/2015/06/17/usa_kiev/

Head of "Brotherhood" and former leader of UNA-UNTSO calls on to create concentration camps for the citizens of Donbass in order to break the moral spirit of the resistance. Bombing of civilian quarters is a good thing. He's taking the USA's example when they bombed Dresden in order to break the Wehrmach morale.

Total insanity. I hope the UN, OSCE and the UNSC are listening to this gentlemen.
    whir

Post  whir Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:43 pm

17 Канал wrote:Forbidden Donbass. Tank Battalion DNR
    In tankers of DNI every day are learning. The special correspondent of "17 channel" Roman Hnatiuk made a report about the life of a tank battalion of militia. The action takes place in one of the ranges under Torez Donetsk region. Militants talk about the reasons that led them to the militia and forced to speak out against official Kyiv in arms. About how hard to drive a tank, and people looking at the world through sight, seeing the future. They say the tankers and their commander, and instructor with the call sign "Efim".
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:11 am

Neutrality wrote:

Head of "Brotherhood" and former leader of UNA-UNTSO calls on to create concentration camps for the citizens of Donbass in order to break the moral spirit of the resistance. Bombing of civilian quarters is a good thing. He's taking the USA's example when they bombed Dresden in order to break the Wehrmach morale.

Total insanity. I hope the UN, OSCE and the UNSC are listening to this gentlemen.
    Credit where credit is due, the RAF hit Dresden first then the USAAF followed up the following day. Nothing to do with sharing the responsibility as 'Bomber' Harris of the RAF took all the blame.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:31 am