Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+45
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
ahmedfire
franco
max steel
sepheronx
Vann7
Hisroyalhighness
NationalRus
Brovich
d_taddei2
gregoire
Rmf
collegeboy16
As Sa'iqa
Mike E
Zivo
KomissarBojanchev
cracker
Viktor
mutantsushi
mack8
ExBeobachter1987
VladimirSahin
F-15E
Strizh
Nikander
Kimppis
etaepsilonk
GarryB
kvs
TR1
Hannibal Barca
Walther von Oldenburg
flamming_python
Morpheus Eberhardt
medo
Kyo
Airbornewolf
2SPOOKY4U
Firebird
George1
par far
Regular
arpakola
49 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

flamming_python
    flamming_python

The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:22 am

mack8 wrote:What is the significance of this flag? He is from Novorussia side. I ask because the colours are same as romanian flag (only those are vertical not horizontal). Is it a cossack flag?

Yes, the flag of the Don Cossack host.

Firebird wrote:Several times, I've read this thread and been rather embarrassed to be a member of the forum.

Yet again, on a RUSSIAN FORUM, people are writing utter crap that "poor Mr Hitler was treated SOOOOOOOO badly and forced into killing tens of millions by the Jews and the Anglos" ie INCLUDING 27 MILLION RUSSIANS.

Absolutely pathetic. Clearly words like "Mein Kamp" and "Lebenstraum" mean nothing to these "Einsteins".. :rolleyes:

You should know by now what sort of forum this is What a Face

Still though, as an information source for Russian equipment this site is unrivaled.
    When you get past the rif-raff, there are many very knowledgable people here, and some of these threads are worth their kilobyte space in gold.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:54 am

flamming_python wrote:
    mack8 wrote:What is the significance of this flag? He is from Novorussia side. I ask because the colours are same as romanian flag (only those are vertical not horizontal). Is it a cossack flag?

Firebird wrote:Several times, I've read this thread and been rather embarrassed to be a member of the forum.

Yet again, on a RUSSIAN FORUM, people are writing utter crap that "poor Mr Hitler was treated SOOOOOOOO badly and forced into killing tens of millions by the Jews and the Anglos" ie INCLUDING 27 MILLION RUSSIANS.

Absolutely pathetic. Clearly words like "Mein Kamp" and "Lebenstraum" mean nothing to these "Einsteins".. :rolleyes:

Still though, as an information source for Russian equipment  this site is unrivaled.
    When you get past the rif-raff, there are many very knowledgable people here, and some of these threads are worth their kilobyte space in gold.

Just stop this nonsense already. You keep brandishing a broadbrush and claiming 'this forum' when you know too well it's really only 3 or 4 members, a very small vocal minority.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:51 am

This two dingle dongles, have already put everyone on ignore list and still proclaim to be annoyed by those people...butthurt must be deep.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:23 am

SOme early combat footage devaltsevo..

Crimean students' message to Ukrainian students [eng subs]

Evacuation of civilians ..an hour must see very touching video..

a bit of topic..

This needs to be posted in the NATO buthurt forums..

Wesley Clark: "Our friends and allies funded ISIS to destroy Hezbollah"

He specifically mentions 1)FRIENDS and 2) Allies
    Obvious mention of ISrael (which is the major enemy of hizbolah) and other US allies in middle east being behind the support of ISIS.

Former French foreign minister [ROland Dumas ] you can youtube him., told in public in a interview how he was invited to a high ranked officials meeting in UK  to a plan for the invasion of Syria of thousands of islamic mercenaries years before the arab spring. and he was explained that the purpose of removing Assad was because of his anti Israel stance and support for palestinians. The armed terrorist used the initial peaceful protest as a trojan horse to attack the Syrian government.

We witness ladies and gentleman the major genocide and sabotage and criminal act ,against 20 millions citizens..
    in Syria.. the attempts of US and its allies for the total destruction of a sovereign nation as they did in Libya .
    last numbers of UN alone says that about 10 millions of Syrians were forced to leave their homes because of
    this illegal criminal war.. how can this happen.. happen is the question.. whats wrong with the world today?
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:48 am

blah blah blah.

If Islam did not exist, there would be no jihadi movements. And no young men wiling to die for virgins in paradise.

<end of message>
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:57 am

As Sa'iqa wrote:blah blah blah.

If Islam did not exist, there would be no jihadi movements. And no young men wiling to die for virgins in paradise.

<end of message>

If Christianity did not exist, there would be no Crusade, no slaughter of Jews, no murder of Native Americans, no destruction of Aztecs, Inca, Maya, no destruction of Báo Thiên pagoda for the sake of a very ugly church, so on and so forth.

And if Judaism did not exist, and if Paganism did not exist, and if religion did not exist, and if human did not exist, and if Earth did not exist...

Do you see how meaningless your argument is ?
    As Sa'iqa

Post  As Sa'iqa Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:27 am

I don'y see what relationship exists between Crusades and current Islamic terrorism. Probably none. Rolling Eyes
    cracker

Post  cracker Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:11 am

cracker wrote:guys please, can someone make a full detailed report of all western items already found? quantity, etc.. I know of javelins, M4 rifles, military rations (from US, and various EU), anti artillery radars, a lot of body armour from poland, UK and even USA(?) (helmets included)... The HMMWV vehicles (probably coming from a neigbour like CZ or poland? romania?)... the british SAXON APC... Some said sniper rifles too... Also this history of 155mm artillery shells found (was it fired on gorlovka?)... and "75mm mlrs"... Well, anything interests me!

Also, a list of all events involving NATO mercs... bodies of poles in airport? the english speaking guy filmed in kramatorsk (or was it another city)... report by a woman of "niggers dancing with guns on an APC".... anything?

please someone?

and stop off topic crap...
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:25 am

As Sa'iqa wrote:blah blah blah.

<end of message>

If Christianity did not exist today, abortion clinics would not be bombed in the US from time to time.
    Thousands of little boys would not be getting raped by their priests and then the crime being covered up.
    Abusive relationships would not be covered up because it is un-Christian to divorce.
    Evolution would not be a "debate topic".

blah blah blah
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:27 am

As Sa'iqa wrote:I don'y see what relationship exists between Crusades and current Islamic terrorism. Probably none. Rolling Eyes

One thing does have a lot to do with Islamic terror= the support of oppressive governments by "christian" majority states, the meddling within their borders by once again, largely Christian great powers, etc etc.

Get off your high horse.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:32 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

Still though, as an information source for Russian equipment  this site is unrivaled.

Just stop this nonsense already. You keep brandishing a broadbrush and claiming 'this forum' when you know too well it's really only 3 or 4 members, a very small vocal minority.

What a stupid comment. Its THIS forum. Not ANOTHER forum they're cluttering up. Yes the technical knowledge and MOST of the debate is top quality. But for Russian people, even ANY normal people to read a defence of Hitler in THIS of all places is absolutely pathetic. A friend of mine visited here, Russian, very knowlegeable, ex army, family were decorated in the Gr Patriotic War, looking to sign up. The comments? "I don't want to join. Why the hell is this place full of Nazis".

THAT is an illustration of nonsense. Not me stating what any sensible person would state.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:51 am

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

5 by my count, and they make up a large volume of the posts here.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:27 pm

franco wrote:... Don't see many Nazis in the regular UK army.

I refer to all of the illegitimate Ukrainian entities related to the coup installed government as Nazis, as their fundamentals mirror the fundamentals associated with the Nazi "Germany", e.g., the similar controlling of people's "minds" and their conversion to drones.

I suppose another term is Ukronazi or Ukrop.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:42 pm

As Sa'iqa wrote:I don'y see what relationship exists between Crusades and current Islamic terrorism. Probably none. Rolling Eyes
    funny thing is both are similar, esp. the barbarity. both even have their war cries, snackbar for one, do the dew for the other.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:37 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

5 by my count, and they make up a large volume of the posts here.

There's probably hundreds of registered members, but somehow you believe 5 members makes up the majority of the members here. That's some interesting mathematics you got there. And by large volume of posts, how about you compare the amount of posts that don't involve such beliefs, and by members that don't believe such beliefs, then compare how large that volume is.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:57 pm

Firebird wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

What a stupid comment. Its THIS forum. Not ANOTHER forum they're cluttering up. Yes the technical knowledge and MOST of the debate is top quality. But for Russian people, even ANY normal people to read a defence of Hitler in THIS of all places is absolutely pathetic.  A friend of mine visited here, Russian, very knowlegeable, ex army, family were decorated in the Gr Patriotic War, looking to sign up. The comments? "I don't want to join. Why the hell is this place full of Nazis".

THAT is an illustration of nonsense. Not me stating what any sensible person would state.

For the record I think holocaust denial is crazy, especially considering how so many Russians died liberating the camps, but your belief is still nonsensical and its irrational to claim a small minority of members with such beliefs (who I've criticized myself) is some how "the forum", when the overwhelming majority of the members don't espouse such beliefs. Now that's irrational...but btw, now to think about it your no saint yourself, I do recall you saying Russia should finance drug cartels in the United States, that's about as crazy is anything I've read posted on this forum:

Firebird wrote:Russia can do lots to strike back at the KEY aggressor.

The Western mainstream press talked about taking out a US bank in a cyber attack. I don't mean DDOS and shit to fuck up a website. I mean destroying the records of all transactions. This would cause ripples/waves throughout the whole NATO financial sector.

Ru could arm Lat Am drug gangs which are already pouring into the US. And as we discussed previously it could arm Muslim nuts, radical African Americans (maybe an extremist offshoot of Farakan's so caled Nation of Islam, La Raza extremists who consider California and many other places to be Mexican. It could also help the American Indians in a "liberation movement" from US control.

Russia could run campaigns about how "America's great founding fathers" actually supported genocide of Native Americans and loved slavery and mass slaughter of Hispanics. A few statues of Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Washington etc being tugged down would look rather shit for America. And in some Hispanics etc burning the US flag and suddenly America has to sit up and take notice about shit thats happening on it OWN soil for once. Maybe white cops taking indiscriminate shots at blacks, Indians and Hispanics.
    Who knows, maybe Kremlin officials handing out cakes to African American protestors/rioters.

https://www.russiadefence.net/t3807-the-situation-in-the-ukraine#80379

...For the record, Russia should never finance narco-terrorist drug cartels, for whatever the circumstance...EVER!
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:01 pm

Anyway.. back on topic

Latest figures show a Ukrainian Q4 GDP decline in 2014 of.. get this.. -15.2%!

Ouch!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102429883

Multiple other indicators are collapsing too.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:09 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:There's probably hundreds of registered members, but somehow you believe 5 members makes up the majority of the members here. That's some interesting mathematics you got there. And by large volume of posts, how about you compare the amount of posts that don't involve such beliefs, and by members that don't believe such beliefs, then compare how large that volume is.

The problem is not their numbers.

As proved by the Greeks at Thermopalae, and many other times throughout history, a strategically placed, motivated army can overcome an opposition with many times its own numbers.

And unfortunately that's what these trolls have done right here. They have surreptitiously positioned themselves around all the most active sub-forums and topics, and pounce at every opportunity with their own agendas.
    The end result is that barely a thread progresses on the various political subforums of russiadefense.net, at least those that aren't expressly related to a specific military-related topic or equipment - without being accousted by one of these members and turned into some conspiracy-fest, holocaust-denial, NSA-admonishing, incitation for mass-murder of Jews/Muslims/Americans trash-heap.
    Every.Single.Thread.

And it doesn't matter how many normal people there are here. It really doesn't. The ones who shout the loudest get their voices heard ten-fold more than the silent majority.
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:41 pm

Thanks for input Franco and Flamming_Python.

Setting aside for the moment some things  previously posted i'd be tempted to reply, what do you make of the recent news about the  alleged "terrorist  bomb attack" in Harkov (Kharkiv)? It is described in another article as taking place at a "patriotic"  meeting, was it some Right Sektor  gathering?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31575384

Last edited by mack8 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hisroyalhighness

Post  Hisroyalhighness Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:44 pm

#Ukrainians on local TV station "24" admit to ~1500 MIA at #Debaltsevo pocket. #ATO
    https://twitter.com/sbobkov/status/569421344552562690
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:13 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:There's probably hundreds of registered members, but somehow you believe 5 members makes up the majority of the members here. That's some interesting mathematics you got there. And by large volume of posts, how about you compare the amount of posts that don't involve such beliefs, and by members that don't believe such beliefs, then compare how large that volume is.

As proved by the Greeks at Thermopalae, and many other times throughout history, a strategically placed, motivated army can overcome an opposition with many times its own numbers.

And unfortunately that's what these trolls have done right here. They have surreptitiously positioned themselves around all the most active sub-forums and topics, and pounce at every opportunity with their own agendas.
    The end result is that barely a thread progresses on the various political subforums of russiadefense.net, at least those that aren't expressly related to a specific military-related topic or equipment - without being accousted by one of these members and turned into some conspiracy-fest, holocaust-denial, NSA-admonishing, incitation for mass-murder of Jews/Muslims/Americans trash-heap.
    Every.Single.Thread.

And it doesn't matter how many normal people there are here. It really doesn't. The ones who shout the loudest get their voices heard ten-fold more than the silent majority.

That was a great... analysis. I've noticed that too. Many (or active, that's a good point) "pro-Russians", not only here, but also on many other English language forums and sites are these conspiracy, New World Order, "zionists control the world" nutcases. Why is that? And often they accuse Kiev of "nazism" but at the same time they are anti-semite themselves. It doesn't make any sense. Or are they only "anti-zionists"? ... Just whatever. (And I'm not saying that Ukraine's current government doesn't have questionable elements or that I support it in any way.) And yes, the United States is a hypocritical piece of shit and their main objective is to stay the only (or atleast the number 1 in the long term) global power, but it doesn't require any kind of Jewish/Martian/New World Order conspiracy bullshit.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Kimppis wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:

Every.Single.Thread.

That was a great... analysis. I've noticed that too. Many (or active, that's a good point) "pro-Russians", not only here, but also on many other English language forums and sites are these conspiracy, New World Order, "zionists control the world" nutcases. Why is that? And often they accuse Kiev of "nazism" but at the same time they are anti-semite themselves. It doesn't make any sense. Or are they only "anti-zionists"? ... Just whatever. (And I'm not saying that Ukraine's current government doesn't have questionable elements or that I support it in any way.) And yes, the United States is a hypocritical piece of shit and their main objective is to stay the only (or atleast the number 1 in the long term) global power, but it doesn't require any kind of Jewish/Martian/New World Order conspiracy bullshit.

One might say that these people do more to discredit rational pro-Russian, or just pro-objective views and opinions, than anything else.
    Hisroyalhighness

Post  Hisroyalhighness Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:57 pm

"Anti-Terrorist Operation continues" - said Turchinov, adding that according to information that the SBU has, the group that committed the terrorist act was being trained in Belgorade, Russian Federation.
    http://www.pravda.com.ua/rus/news/2015/02/22/7059383/

Of course.  Rolling Eyes
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:58 pm

mack8 wrote:Thanks for input Franco and Flamming_Python.

Setting aside for the moment some things  previously posted i'd be tempted to reply, what do you make of the recent news about the  alleged "terrorist  bomb attack" in Harkov (Kharkiv)? It is described in another article as taking place at a "patriotic"  meeting, was it some Right Sektor  gathering?

I think it's a cowardly terrorist attack.

If it was done by anti-Maidanists/pro-Russians, and it probably was, then they should have reserved their actions and activism for the battlefield, defending the population of the DNR/LNR against the encroaching Ukrainian army.
    Or, if staying in Kharkov, then there are plenty of legitimate targets for partisan action. Supply convoys, railroad bridges, Ukrainian army positions, regime officials and functionaries, Maidanist paramilitaries, etc... you name it, Kharkov is full of targets for waging a proper partisan war.

Instead though they've just targeted a bunch of innocent albeit misguided people, and have become ordinary murderers in the process.
    How they figured such actions would help their cause, I dunno. Seems to me they've harmed their own cause a good deal.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:13 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    mack8 wrote:Thanks for input Franco and Flamming_Python.

I think it's a cowardly terrorist attack.

If it was done by anti-Maidanists/pro-Russians, and it probably was, then they should have reserved their actions and activism for the battlefield, defending the population of the DNR/LNR against the encroaching Ukrainian army.
    Or, if staying in Kharkov, then there are plenty of legitimate targets for partisan action. Supply convoys, railroad bridges, Ukrainian army positions, regime officials and functionaries, Maidanist paramilitaries, etc... you name it, Kharkov is full of targets for waging a proper partisan war.

Instead though they've just targeted a bunch of innocent albeit misguided people, and have become ordinary murderers in the process.
    How they figured such actions would help their cause, I dunno. Seems to me they've harmed their own cause a good deal.

When right sector group set the odessa building aflame, it really didn't do squat in the end.  No one cared but some people themselves and eastern Ukrainians.  Outside of the world, they were applauding the terrorists.  Who knows if it was even them that did it or someone crazy in general.

It sure was a pathetic turn out at that so called "patriotic" protest. 500 people? waste of time. Maybe someone on right sector side did this on purpose to keep banging the drums of war and using this as an excuse.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:09 pm