Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+45
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
ahmedfire
franco
max steel
sepheronx
Vann7
Hisroyalhighness
NationalRus
Brovich
d_taddei2
gregoire
Rmf
collegeboy16
As Sa'iqa
Mike E
Zivo
KomissarBojanchev
cracker
Viktor
mutantsushi
mack8
ExBeobachter1987
VladimirSahin
F-15E
Strizh
Nikander
Kimppis
etaepsilonk
GarryB
kvs
TR1
Hannibal Barca
Walther von Oldenburg
flamming_python
Morpheus Eberhardt
medo
Kyo
Airbornewolf
2SPOOKY4U
Firebird
George1
par far
Regular
arpakola
49 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

Post  higurashihougi Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:21 am

http://en.hunternews.ru/?p=647

The Disgusting Media Blackout of the 8-Year-Old Girl Killed by Drunk Ukrainian Soldiers

A complete western mainstream media blackout has taken effect over the murder of eight-year-old Polina by drunk Ukrainian soldiers in the East Ukraine town of Konstantinovka.
    max steel
    max steel

The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #11

Post  max steel Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:22 pm

TBH, those GDP comparisons don't make any sense. Lithuania's population is very small. Baltic countries' GDPs per capita are actually reasonably high, they are close to $30 000 per capita (PPP) and all three have a very high HDI. I'm not an expert on Baltic countries, but those numbers indicate that they might be the most succesful ex-soviet (and eastern bloc as a whole) republics economically, despite the issues.

Wrong Kimmpis . None of the Baltic nation has gdp per capita close to 30,000 $ . Lithuania is at 25,000 $ and rest are below 20,000 $ .Nations having less population do usually have high gpd per capita . Look at qatar , norway and luxembourg . it ain't rocket science . But look at Hong kong , China with such a huge population they have high gdp per capita . That's true development . Look at Baltics except lithuania all lag behind Russia in gdp per capita , LT also lead merely by a 1000 $ not a big leap .

Leave russia aside , compare it with western Europe Baltic's lag much further .

Savaged by western loans the Baltic's lose their young nearly as fast as they are created. Austerity and wage cuts for a decade in order to feed payment schedules to western banks leave the Baltic's as sick nations, who will not recover economically as their natural markets lie to the East and South. Russia and Ukraine provide a 200 million person consumer market that is ripe for Baltic trade. But being slaves of Washington, the Baltic's sit and rot as minor weak economies sitting on the edge of the rich west, forbidden by Washington to trade with the east

Talking about HDI . The HDI is not a good indicator of national social policies' success or failure. It suffers from many problems including; having fewer indicators to monitor for the sake of simplicity; poorly chosen indicators; methodological problems; calculation flaws and trade-off issues between variables. However, this does not change the fact that the index is, at the moment, is one of the most trustworthy and cited indexes in the field of development and it is welcomed by many governments and institutions around the world. Having said that, there are still more
    ways for us to develop more accurate and targeted, well grounded indexes to monitor the progress of countries in human
    development.

max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:32 pm

Many of you might have heard in news that Russia is dying . It will loose @#$@ million people by xyz year . russia is a dying nation .  

SORRY BUTH RUSSIAN POPULATION IS NOT DYING . IT'S A MYTH :
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/markadomanis/2013/02/04/five-myths-about-russia/ study

Russia's Baby Boom. Fertility Rate Far Higher Than in EU, Rising Quickly. : http://russia-insider.com/en/politics_opinion_society/2014/10/27/03-27-22pm/russias_baby_boom_fertility_rate_far_higher_eu_rising love russia

Russia's Birth Rate Is Now Higher Than The United States' : http://www.forbes.com/sites/markadomanis/2013/07/25/dying-russias-birth-rate-is-now-higher-than-the-united-states/ russia
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:38 pm

It is funny because people here (Canada) keep saying how its dying cause they read it on "none propaganda news" but then when I show them these links they just say "well, that is what I heard". Well, you heard wrong then.

They been saying these myths for a very very long time. Yet here we are. And Russian companies are doing quite well under sanctions and Russian stock market is considered best performing last year/this year so far, and still considered greatly undervalued.
    par far

Post  par far Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:20 pm

max steel wrote:Many of you might have heard in news that Russia is dying . It will loose @#$@ million people by xyz year . russia is a dying nation .  

SORRY BUTH RUSSIAN POPULATION IS NOT DYING . IT'S A MYTH :
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/markadomanis/2013/02/04/five-myths-about-russia/  study

Russia's Baby Boom. Fertility Rate Far Higher Than in EU, Rising Quickly. : http://russia-insider.com/en/politics_opinion_society/2014/10/27/03-27-22pm/russias_baby_boom_fertility_rate_far_higher_eu_rising  love  russia

Russia's Birth Rate Is Now Higher Than The United States' : http://www.forbes.com/sites/markadomanis/2013/07/25/dying-russias-birth-rate-is-now-higher-than-the-united-states/ russia

This is indeed very good news, Russia has to continue this and raise it's fertility rate even higher. Russians are proud people and they are very tough as well, the government has done a good job and has to continue to do even a better job to help people who have children.

On other news there is heavy shelling in the Gorlovka (Horlivka) region, still unclear what is going on.

Some unrelated news, I just want your guys opinion. The Saudis have attacked Yemen, the oil prices have gone up 6%. Should Russia covertly(secretly) help the forces fighting the Saudis? Sent anti aircraft weapons and other weapons to the forces fighting the Saudis. The Saudis after control all the terror that happens in Russia(they finance the terrorists that operate in the Russian Caucasus) and they did try to hurt Russia by manipulating oil prices. If the Saudis are hurting, the oil prices will go even higher.
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:21 pm

max steel wrote: Wrong Kimmpis . None of the Baltic nation has gdp per capita close to 30,000 $ . Lithuania is at 25,000 $ and rest are below 20,000 $ .Nations having less population do usually have high gpd per capita . Look at qatar , norway and luxembourg . it ain't rocket science . But look at Hong kong , China with such a huge population they have high gdp per capita . That's true development . Look at Baltics except lithuania all lag behind Russia in gdp per capita , LT also lead merely by a 1000 $ not a big leap .

Savaged by western loans the Baltic's lose their young nearly as fast as they are created. Austerity and wage cuts for a decade in order to feed payment schedules to western banks leave the Baltic's as sick nations, who will not recover economically as their natural markets lie to the East and South. Russia and Ukraine provide a 200 million person consumer market that is ripe for Baltic trade. But being slaves of Washington, the Baltic's sit and rot as minor weak economies sitting on the edge of the rich west, forbidden by Washington to trade with the east  [/b]

Talking about HDI . The HDI is not a good indicator of national social policies' success or failure. It suffers from many problems including; having fewer indicators to monitor for the sake of simplicity; poorly chosen indicators; methodological problems; calculation flaws and trade-off issues between variables. However, this does not change the fact that the index is, at the moment, is one of the most trustworthy and cited indexes in the field of development and it is welcomed by many governments and institutions around the world. Having said that, there are still more
    ways for us to develop more accurate and targeted, well grounded indexes to monitor the progress of countries in human
    development.

As I mentioned, I was talking about purchasing power parity. Estonia is at 27K, Latvia 25K and Lithuania 28K. (And btw, Russia is at 24K, which is basically the same.)

Country's size has nothing to with the per capita income. Many smaller countries are poor, look at East Timor, for instance. I don't understand why are mentioning Hong Kong. It was separated from mainland China for over a century and it still has a special status. Hong Kong's per capita GDP is considerably higher than China's average. China is a middle income country as a whole, while many cities and coastal areas, Hong Kong amongst them, are highly developed and yes, that is a major development, you are right about that.

And btw, I didn't say that Baltic countries are "powerful" in any way or that they are important economies. Yes, I know that per capita GDP has nothing to with national power.

Comparing them with "western Europe" (whatever that is) isn't exactly fair, either. And it actually seems like they are roughly as developed as countries such as Spain and Portugal. And finally, I didn't say that HDI is perfect, but it tells you something. My point was that statistics show that Baltic countries are not any kind of economic disasters, actually far from it.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:26 pm

As time goes on, fiat currency is starting to wain. Yuan will overtake USD as reserve currency eventually but by then, most may go back to gold standard. Debt is what is really important as they can translate debt to physical assets. What are the sebt of the Baltic countries? Last I heard, real high.

max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:21 pm

I' dont have much data with me regarding baltic economies . I'll get back to you later .
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

The Situation in the Ukraine. #11 - Page 40 Empty The Situation in the Ukraine.

Post  flamming_python Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:33 pm

Kimppis wrote:
    max steel wrote: Wrong Kimmpis . None of the Baltic nation has gdp per capita close to 30,000 $ . Lithuania is at 25,000 $ and rest are below 20,000 $ .Nations having less population do usually have high gpd per capita . Look at qatar , norway and luxembourg . it ain't rocket science . But look at Hong kong , China with such a huge population they have high gdp per capita . That's true development . Look at Baltics except lithuania all lag behind Russia in gdp per capita , LT also lead merely by a 1000 $ not a big leap .

Savaged by western loans the Baltic's lose their young nearly as fast as they are created. Austerity and wage cuts for a decade in order to feed payment schedules to western banks leave the Baltic's as sick nations, who will not recover economically as their natural markets lie to the East and South. Russia and Ukraine provide a 200 million person consumer market that is ripe for Baltic trade. But being slaves of Washington, the Baltic's sit and rot as minor weak economies sitting on the edge of the rich west, forbidden by Washington to trade with the east  [/b]

development.

As I mentioned, I was talking about purchasing power parity. Estonia is at 27K, Latvia 25K and Lithuania 28K. (And btw, Russia is at 24K, which is basically the same.)

Country's size has nothing to with the per capita income. Many smaller countries are poor, look at East Timor, for instance. I don't understand why are mentioning Hong Kong. It was separated from mainland China for over a century and it still has a special status. Hong Kong's per capita GDP is considerably higher than China's average. China is a middle income country as a whole, while many cities and coastal areas, Hong Kong amongst them, are highly developed and yes, that is a major development, you are right about that.

And btw, I didn't say that Baltic countries are "powerful" in any way or that they are important economies. Yes, I know that per capita GDP has nothing to with national power.

Comparing them with "western Europe" (whatever that is) isn't exactly fair, either. And it actually seems like they are roughly as developed as countries such as Spain and Portugal. And finally, I didn't say that HDI is perfect, but it tells you something. My point was that statistics show that Baltic countries are not any kind of economic disasters, actually far from it.

The problem is that they've done everything to ruin relations with Russia. Now numerous economical sectors of theirs are under threat.

Some 2.4% of Lithuania's GDP was based around agricultural exports to Russia. Similar figures for Latvia and Estonia.
    Now that market is gone due to Russia's counter-sanctions and they've been forced to slash prices this year way below profitability due to all the surplus.

Russians compose the 1st or 2nd largest tourist group in the Baltic States.
    Due to the devaluation of the rouble first and foremost - Russians have been turning away from foreign tourism, more towards domestic tourism for the past year.
    I anticipate a significant decline in Baltic-bound tourism - although I may be wrong as the Baltics might grab a niche as a cheaper version of Finland - which has really become too expensive due to the devaluation for many Russians.

Baltic port traffic - down by an average of 30% over the past year across all the major ports there - Klaipeda, Riga, Tallin..
    This is due firstly to the devaluation, and secondly and more importantly to the Ust-Luga port near St. Petersburg which has recently come online, and has been growing by leaps and bounds in terms of traffic for the past 3 years. AFAIK there are still terminals under construction; when they become operational the tempo will be further added to.

Goods transit via road - this is big business for Lithuania in particular; and it was Lithuania in particular who suffered Russia's retaliation after its president called Russia a terrorist state. Lines of trucks held up at the border. Don't know how it is now - whether its got better or worse - but the poltiical wrangling is for sure not good for business, when it comes to Lithuania's truckers.

Gotta say - I don't anticipate good economic results this year in the Baltic states. AFAIK preliminary figures showed that their growth dropped the most out of anyone's compared to 2014.

Last edited by flamming_python on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:45 pm

[quote="par far"]
    max steel wrote:
    This is indeed very good news, Russia has to continue this and raise it's fertility rate even higher. Russians are proud people and they are very tough as well, the government has done a good job and has to continue to do even a better job to help people who have children.

On other news there is heavy shelling in the Gorlovka (Horlivka) region, still unclear what is going on.

Some unrelated news, I just want your guys opinion. The Saudis have attacked Yemen, the oil prices have gone up 6%. Should Russia covertly(secretly) help the forces fighting the Saudis? Sent anti aircraft weapons and other weapons to the forces fighting the Saudis. The Saudis after control all the terror that happens in Russia(they finance the terrorists that operate in the Russian Caucasus) and they did try to hurt Russia by manipulating oil prices. If the Saudis are hurting, the oil prices will go even higher.

Russia willn't help Saudis as Houthi rebels are backed by iran and hezbollah . They are trying to thwart their invasion of Saudi Arabia . Even Egypt joined them and they will send troops . At the end there will be power sharing in Yemen b/w Houthi and US puppet which fled Adden via boat .

Yemen another US mess .
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:07 pm

Another insane rabble which you've might heard from your western counterparts .

THAT CHINA WILL EVENTUALLY TAKE SIBERIA AS THEY GROW STRONGER . THEN RUSSIA WILL BECOME INSIGNIFICANT  

It's again a  myth .

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markadomanis/2014/05/27/the-chinese-invasion-of-siberia-is-a-myth/
    par far

Post  par far Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:25 pm

max steel wrote:
    par far wrote:
    max steel wrote:

Russia willn't help Saudis as Houthi rebels are backed by iran and hezbollah . They are trying to thwart their invasion of Saudi Arabia . Even Egypt joined them and they will send troops . At the end there will be power sharing in Yemen b/w Houthi and US puppet which fled Adden via boat .

Yemen another US mess .

I did not say that Russia should help the Saudis, I said that Russia should help the forces fighting the Saudis.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:27 pm

Of course that was a myth, even back then. Siberia is 44M population consisting of over 97% Russian ethnic. China's population is concentrated along the coast and sparsly populated near siberia. Actually, if anything, it would be China taking Mongolia as Mongolia is very under populated for size of land. But that also makes no sense as Mongolia was given their independence by China.

Then of course, there is the issue of Chinas population consisting of over 60% men vs woman and how majority are also old too. Thry have to thank the one child rule policy as they will face a population decline. Mind you, even in decline, they will be second most populated country in the world. But they may fall below that of India in terms of population.

Maybe one day there wont be a Russia or China but some merged society/country that will share the cultures (like it is in Russia and China).
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:32 pm

" I did not say that Russia should help the Saudis, I said that Russia should help the forces fighting the Saudis. "

there is no need 1) Houthi get their weapon supplies from iran 2) Houthi rebels have captured usa military equipment which they gave to yemen stooge . But puppet fled .

READ THIS . YOU'LL COME TO KNOW : http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20150326/1020063833.html

The end of this scenario will be : Power sharing b/w Houthi Shiite and whosoever from yemen govt comes forward . Russia has wasted enough time in Middle East already .

Last edited by max steel on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:36 pm

sepheronx wrote:Of course that was a myth, even back then. Siberia is 44M population consisting of over 97% Russian ethnic. China's population is concentrated along the coast and sparsly populated near siberia. Actually, if anything, it would be China taking Mongolia as Mongolia is very under populated for size of land. But that also makes no sense as Mongolia was given their independence by China.

Then of course, there is the issue of Chinas population consisting of over 60% men vs woman and how majority are also old too. Thry have to thank the one child rule policy as they will face a population decline. Mind you, even in decline, they will be second most populated country in the world. But they may fall below that of India in terms of population.

Maybe one day there wont be a Russia or China but some merged society/country that will share the cultures (like it is in Russia and China).

Russia will going to stay as it is russia . Nah no merging . Russia is 3rd Rome .
    par far

Post  par far Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:55 pm

max steel wrote:" I did not say that Russia should help the Saudis, I said that Russia should help the forces fighting the Saudis. "

there is no need 1) Houthi get their weapon supplies from iran 2) Houthi rebels have captured usa military equipment which they gave to yemen stooge . But puppet fled .

READ THIS . YOU'LL COME TO KNOW : http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20150326/1020063833.html

The end of this scenario will be : Power sharing b/w Houthi Shiite and whosoever from yemen govt comes forward . Russia has wasted enough time in Middle East already .

Thanks for the clear up max, I just don't like the Saudi ruling family as they sponsor terrorism in Russia and around the world.

Apparently there clashes at the Donetsk airport, I feel so sorry for the fighter talking in the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPp9PrbbPOM

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am