Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+47
Big_Gazza
Mike E
calripson
Vann7
collegeboy16
Viktor
Penguin
Walther von Oldenburg
franco
Manov
ali.a.r
Kimppis
Kyo
arpakola
par far
Nikander
etaepsilonk
flamming_python
GustavoHF
George1
Airbornewolf
AlfaT8
gregoire
NationalRus
Morpheus Eberhardt
kvs
Werewolf
Regular
magnumcromagnon
TheArmenian
Flyingdutchman
d_taddei2
As Sa'iqa
mack8
medo
Firebird
Petro007
Asf
George1000cy
GarryB
KomissarBojanchev
Zivo
TR1
VladimirSahin
Hannibal Barca
F-15E
higurashihougi
51 posters

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

Firebird

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

Post  Firebird Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:55 pm

Surely thats a typo error?
    I couldn't see Odessa as part of a Western Ukraine. Its more Russian speakers, it experienced the horrific massacre last yr, and it hates the Nazi W Ukr hohols from the Great Patriotic War times. Infact, there are many Odessans fighting in DOnbass, because its easier to start the campaign next door to Russia, than from Odessa.

Do you mean LVOV as the W Ukraine capital?
    Firebird

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Situation in the Ukraine. #10

Post  Firebird Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:01 pm

If the W Ukraine broke away, I dont think Russia should worry that much. That could/should mean the Central Ukr having to fall in with Novorossiya. If Kiev joined a pro Ru grouping I'd be happy. I couldn't care much for other Central Ukr places.

With the W Ukraine breaking away, I'd say that Russia should have bases across the Carpathians, and refuse to let the hohols join NATO. Other than that they could do whatever shit they wanted with the EU. But NO foreign troops on their soil, except CIS. Russia will never have a majority of friends in the W Ukraine. Because so many in Lvov etc are dickheads pure and simple. Too many Nazis, scum and ethnic cleansers.

With Nazis in power, Russia would have the perfect justification to send troops into the West. And its not like its got many friends there to lose. A little like the US having bases in Japan. And the hohols would be happy, being able to trade with their heroes in the EU. Or rather, clean toilets in England and Germany...
    par far

Post  par far Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:17 pm

medo wrote:
    Новороссия
    Полторак подтвердил участие иностранцев в карательной операции

Министр обороны Украины Степан Полторак заявил, что готов оказать поддержку в получении гражданства его страны иностранным гражданам, принимающим участие в зоне силовой операции в Донбассе на стороне Киева.
    http://novorossia.su/ru/node/13730

Ukrainian minister of defense Stepan Poltorak confirm, that foreign mercenaries fight for Kiev junta in Donbass and that Kiev will give them Ukrainian passports and citizenship.

This means that regular Ukrainians are running away and saying no to fighting, so the fascists need soldiers and they will bring in mercenaries and private military companies. (speaking private military companies, I am planning on opening my own, they make a lot money).
    par far

Post  par far Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:40 pm

Firebird wrote:Surely thats a typo error?
    I couldn't see Odessa as part of a Western Ukraine. Its more Russian speakers, it experienced the horrific massacre last yr, and it hates the Nazi W Ukr hohols from the Great Patriotic War times. Infact, there are many Odessans fighting in DOnbass, because its easier to start the campaign next door to Russia, than from Odessa.

Do you mean LVOV as the W Ukraine capital?

Sorry it is a typo, Odessa would part of Novorussia, there were protests in Odessa about electricity cuts and other cuts that were happening against the fascist Kiev government.

Last edited by par far on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:03 pm

par far wrote:
    medo wrote:
    Новороссия

Министр обороны Украины Степан Полторак заявил, что готов оказать поддержку в получении гражданства его страны иностранным гражданам, принимающим участие в зоне силовой операции в Донбассе на стороне Киева.

Ukrainian minister of defense Stepan Poltorak confirm, that foreign mercenaries fight for Kiev junta in Donbass and that Kiev will give them Ukrainian passports and citizenship.

This means that regular Ukrainians are running away and saying no to fighting, so the fascists need soldiers and they will bring in mercenaries and private military companies. (speaking private military companies, I am planning on opening my own, they make a lot money).  

Academi PMC and mercenaries in general are not familiar and are handicapped with the terrain/language/weather peculiarities of the Donbass. This is an advantage for the NAF. Anyway, where does Kiev get the funds necessary to finance them (it must be in hard currency, not Hrvinas)?
    par far

Post  par far Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:42 pm

Kyo wrote:
    par far wrote:
    medo wrote:
    Новороссия

Academi PMC and mercenaries in general are not familiar and are handicapped with the terrain/language/weather peculiarities of the Donbass. This is an advantage for the NAF. Anyway, where does Kiev get the funds necessary to finance them (it must be in hard currency, not Hrvinas)?

Kiev gets the money from the evil US and its puppets in EU.
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:56 pm

"Thus began the slaughter"--Debaltsevo and its Consequences

1/31/2015

The Debaltsevo Collapse

By Yurasumy

Translated from Russian by J.Hawk

Fighting in Debaltsevo outskirts have been continuing for several days. Their intensity approaches the earlier fight for the Donetsk Airport. Considering the length of the frontline, the Battle for Debaltsevo is increasingly reminiscent of the Battle of Ilovaysk.
    The wedge that was pushed into Novorossia defenses during the summer had strategic sense for the Ukrainian military. In the event the offensive was continued, one could have launched a disintegrating blow that would have cut off the entire Donetsk-Makeyevka-Gorlovka urban agglomeration in one fell swoop. But during the winter, when it became obvious the Ukrainian military is in no condition to attack, from the military point of view the salient should have been abandoned.
    But that’s the military point of view. As we know, wars are started and ended by politicians, the soldiers just do the dying. The Ukrainian politicians, for their part, could not care less about Ukrainian soldiers. The media, in its attempt to consolidate Poroshenko’s oligarchic regime, inflated many myths, about the “cyborgs”, the “unbreakable three lines of defense,” etc., thus luring the Ukrainian army into the Debaltsevo noose out of which there is no way out.
    One could not have thought of a better configuration of the frontline and the confluence of circumstances (specifically the junta’s attachment to its positions) in order to destroy the Debaltsevo grouping. Novorossia, of course, could not pass it up…
    But the Ukrainian soldiers could not retreat. They were forbidden by their commanders, who were told by politicians that they HAVE TO hold on to Debaltsevo, just as they were told half a year ago that they HAVE TO hold Ilovaysk. No matter what. Even if it is an ideal target for modern artillery.
    Just to understand the hopelessness of the Ukrainian position, one must keep in mind that at Debaltsevo 90% of casualties are caused by artillery fire. In the last few days Novorossia forces gradually used its artillery to force Ukrainian units off the commanding heights, took the only road from Artemovsk under fire. Junta soldiers report that Novorossia artillery superiority here is simply overwhelming. Even without a full encirclement, Novorossia can shoot Ukrainian fortified points with impunity.
    Thus began the slaughter.
    It’s been going for over a week. Most of Ukrainian heavy equipment (Debaltsevo alone absorbs a trainload of artillery ammunition per day) was destroyed in the first few days (artillery, armored vehicles, many tanks).
    In order to save face, the Kiev politicians have thrown new batches of cannon fodder into the slaughterhouse. In the last few days, only the Kharkov hospital has been receiving nearly 90 wounded from Debaltsevo. And that’s not the only hospital receiving them. So do the hospitals in Artemovs, Kramatorsk, Starobelsk, Slavyansk, Izyum. The official reporting has not changed (only 23 wounded along the entire front, officially). While according to a BBC broadcast, Artemovsk alone received 40 wounded soldiers on a single day.
    The recent bombardments of fortified checkpoints near the village of Luganskiy and Uglegorsk resulted in their complete destruction. Uglegorsk was liberated by Novorossia forces, and the junta counterattack ground to a halt as the approaching column was pinned to the ground by Grad MRL fire, which fell unexpectedly and accurately, as always.
    The events of January 29-20 show that the agony of the Debaltsevo garrison had begun. It is on that day that Kiev junta’s reserves reached the point of exhaustion and the garrison defense began to break down. Every day of fighting means new hundreds of wounded and tens of killed soldiers. Given the absence of heavy long-ranged self-propelled Ukrainian artillery near Debaltsevo, the upcoming battles will mean the reduction of the remnants of the garrison by artillery fire and the mopping up of liberated areas. Sooner or later one of the walls of the salient will buckle, with the ensuing panic causing the annihilation and capture of the garrison’s remnants.
    But it’s not as simple as that.
    For Ukraine’s political elite, such a turn of events means major shifts within the governing elite. Poroshenko is risking not only his power but also his head. Hundreds of armed militants have (spontaneously?) assembled in Kiev, which means that the recent pillar of the regime in the form of several hundred bayonets arrived in Kiev to hear the president report on the progress of his work. Moreover, it’s obvious from their faces they are not concerned about any reports. Dmitriy Yarosh is giving interviews about forming a parallel General Staff, the Right Sector is openly arming its supporters in Kiev, creating the so-called 13th Reserve Battalion. Kiev is hastily preparing for the anniversary of the coup.
    Meanwhile in the rear areas…
    Meanwhile the economy is sinking to the bottom. Industrial production fell by 20%, December to December. Tens of factories are closing. Even flagships (for example Yuzhmash) are halting production. The crisis of budget non-payment transformed itself into a crisis of wage non-payment. The reason is perfectly banal. The country has no money.
    The most fashionable word on the financial markets is DEFAULT. Everything is so bad that Kiev already gave up on talks with the IMF and hired an intermediary to undertake the restructurization of Ukraine’s debt. Ukraine’s Finance Minister Miss Yaresko yesterday proposed Russia (an aggressor, according to Kiev’s new classification) to also participate in the restructurization. It’s surprising she did not propose to buy ammunition from Russia. But I guess that’s the Minister of Defense’s job.
    But it will soon come to that, because the ammunition situation in Ukraine is pretty bad. The endless Soviet weapons stores seem to be coming to an end. Ukrainian forces are being supplied with ammunition produced in the 1960s. That’s all that’s left. Ukraine has no ammunition factories. In a few months the Ukrainian military will experience several “ammunition hunger”, to go along with the “vehicle, tank, APC hunger.” Military repair facilities have combed out of the Soviet-era stores everything that could have been fixed up and sent it to the front. There will be NO new replacements. From now on there will be fewer, fewer, and fewer armored vehicles, and more, more, more Bogdan buses build in Poroshenko-owned factories.
    The “Debaltsevo collapse” may be the straw the breaks the back of the Ukrainian armed forces. The consequences will likely include the overthrow of the entire Kiev regime. Instead of the plutocrats-oligarchs, the wave of popular displeasure may bring into power in Kiev a purely totalitarian regime of Ukrainian Nazis.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:11 pm

Good article comparing the two sides and changes since last summers battles. The author estimates 50,000 Ukraine forces and 25-30,000 NAF.
    https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftopwar.ru%2F&sandbox=1
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:33 pm

Flyingdutchman wrote:Mariupol was shelled and who else but the rebels would shell Mariupol?
    There were Ukrainian troops right there so why would Ukraine shell the city?
    Come on it had to be the rebels.

Don't get me wrong i am absolutely not supporting Ukraine in this war cause they do a lot war crimes aswell, i actually support no one.
    But the rebels commit war crimes aswell and you all know that.

Probably the rebels, unless the Ukrs f'ed up.

Listen, let me be straight with you for a second. I don't give a flying fuk about the shelling and war crimes.
    It sounds like an awful thing to say - and it is - but I care little about this issue. I understand that it's war, I understand the Ukrainians have inaccurate artillery, the rebels have inaccurate artillery, they both have to fight in urban areas, defend themselves in the midst of the rest of the population, etc... civilian casualties are inevitable (I'm excusing the accusations of Ukr forces deliberately shelling cities to empty them for the moment).

My beef is different. Namely - it's how dare these scum come and fight against Russians, on Russian land, in the first place?
    Did we shell them in 1991? Did we prevent their independence? Sent tanks to crush people on the streets? Prevent them from protesting against the USSR?
    Did we come to them, with bloody foam at the mouth, yelling with nationalist dribble about how they're all traitors, NATO agents, and deserve to be killed, burnt alive for wanting their own country seperate from the USSR?
    Who the fk gave them a right to do it against us 23 years later? We showed these scum compassion and they interpreted it as weakness. We gave them all this land, Russian land; millions of sq. km of it - and they interpreted all this as meaning that it's "Ukrainian land", that's to say Ukrainian 'patriots', Ukrainian culture and language come first there... Russian wasn't even recognized as a regional language in the BLOODY Donbass and Crimea, until about 2010 or so.

I am using a little artistic license here. After all Ukrainians formed a proportion of the USSR's military and political elite that was only a close second after Russians, and of course the very Donbassians that want to seperate - are Ukrainians by and large themselves.
    But I think you get the idea.

This whole thing wasn't even about seperatism at the beggining anyway, all this humiliation nonewithstanding. It was about the Ukrainians protesting, overthrowing an elected government who had millions of votes in the eastern regions of country, silencing and threatening all the elected eastern Ukrainian representitives in parliament, causing all this shit - and then having the gall to come and tell the Donbassians - that sorry, only Ukrainians have the right to overthrow their elected government; and you Russians don't even have the right to overthrow the unelected one that we're about to impose on you.

Maybe you'd enjoy it if Brussels, the administrative centre of your own supranational organization, the EU, arbitrarily decides to make some Dutch districts - part of Germany. Flash forward a couple decades, and your own language is being pressed out, in desperation you try to go through the democratic process - you and your fellow Dutchmen pile all your votes into a minority Dutchophone party that promises to restore language and cultural rights to Dutch-speakers. The party manages to build a coalition with a couple of moderate mainstream German parties; giving them just enough of a majority together, however this provokes outrage among other German parties, about how anyone could politically ally with the Dutch. Klitschko comes to Berlin and gets into a fisticuffs with several German MPs over the Dutch-language issue; "NO!! They must be assimiliated!!!". Eventually, Maidan comes to Berlin, topples the government, beats up all your party's MPs that were democratically elected, threatens them, forces their resignation; then the nationalist mobs start rampaging, assaulting anything to do with the Netherlands; symbols, language-use, statues of Dutch statesmen, buildings built by Dutch architects, etc.. some of these gangs arrive by train to YOUR neighbourhood, continue their vandalism, toppling some local statues - and get into fights with locals who try to defend their heritage.
    In the meantime, the new nationalist government asserts itself, and starts arresting protestors in the Dutch districts of Germany, who are protesting about the unconsitutional coup that took place and toppled the government they elected. New pro-government governors and officials are appointed for you, and gradually the situation heats up - the protestors start to demand more autonomy and written guarantees of their language rights, they also plead to the Netherlands for assistance - while the putcshist government in Berlin and their local collaborators, start identifying various protestors and activists as 'traitors' and 'seperatists'. A new law comes out, which punishes seperatism by upto 15 years in prison.

I would be quite interested in hearing about just what YOU would do in such a situation.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:23 pm

Apparently Novo information says they fully surrounded the ukies now in debaltsevo.. and that their counter
    offensive have halted.. that the kiev soldiers are in a real bad situation since their artillery have been mostly destroyed and they will be out of munition and food in just a week or two.

BREAKING: Debaltsevo fully surrounded.  

But the Ukrainian soldiers could not retreat. They were forbidden by their commanders, who were told by politicians that they HAVE TO hold on to Debaltsevo, just as they were told half a year ago that they HAVE TO hold Ilovaysk. No matter what. Even if it is an ideal target for modern artillery.

Just to understand the hopelessness of the Ukrainian position, one must keep in mind that at Debaltsevo 90% of casualties are caused by artillery fire. In the last few days Novorossia forces gradually used its artillery to force Ukrainian units off the commanding heights, took the only road from Artemovsk under fire. Junta soldiers report that Novorossia artillery superiority here is simply overwhelming. Even without a full encirclement, Novorossia can shoot Ukrainian fortified points with impunity.

http://fortruss.blogspot.ca/2015/01/thus-began-slaughter-debaltsevo-and-its.html

It looks like the victory of Russia in Ukraine is inevitable and will come sooner than expected. Either forced peace or peaceful peace.. Once the 8,000 soldiers in Devaltsevo surrender or defeated in combat.. don't think anyone will want to continue the fight..in the kiev side , there is also talk that kiev gave up with the IMF Loan and have a major problem of munitions ,and that it will not last another month fighting.. and will depend on NATO weapons exclusively to continue a fight.  So basically the only thing that keeps Ukraine Fighting is US gov financing and NATO supply of weapons and mercenaries.

Putin is doing the right thing.. his policy in Ukraine is all based in long term economy for Russia. He does not want
    Ukraine to collapse completely is economy because Russia trades with Ukraine and they buy Energy from Russia.
    Neither he wants the Rebels to be defeated.. but so neither he wants the rebels to advance to much , because the more territory liberated the more humanitarian help they will be responsible.  Possibilities for Ukraine.

1)A real cease of fire , and solving things politically..
    2)That NATO mercenaries replace the ukrainians and continue the fight endlessly..
    3)or that kiev becomes crazy and just continue fighting to the last man provoking a civil war..
    In that case i can see Poroshenko betrayed by USA and fleeing to Russia.. and Banderas taking control of kiev  .
    But if this happens it will be the end of Ukraine as a nation.. the Ukraine army will divide and new fronts will form..
    one in Odessa and another in Kharkiv.. a real Mess.  

Russia will likely not annex any other territory after Crimea because it will drag their economy even more..
    feeding millions of jobless people. In any case ,what im sure is that the more time pass ,the more clear looks the future about the total failure of the US financed revolution.  

IF Russia manage to make peace with Ukraine it will be a huge victory for them.. and the end of NATO plans
    for expansion because Russia will negotiate economic help to Ukraine  for friendship and reconcilation.   Smile
    Many in Novorosiya will feel betrayed by Russia.. but they do not understand that is not in RUssian interest to
    have a hostile nation forever at their borders..with NATO military bases. Russia goals is not only to protect
    Novorosiya but also win the majority of all other Ukraine too.. otherwise is there is no negotiated peace.. Eastern ukraine will become another Palestine.. and kiev the European Israel. Laughing

Last edited by Vann7 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:52 pm

I'm in disbelief about the whole Viktor thing... A guy that high up in Kiev saying that Russia isn't in Kiev is sure goons draw flak from Ukraine and the West. Or maybe not, in an attempt to keep it quiet... Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he gets killed sooner than later. 

We get this info while the West is claiming that Mother "saw" Russians invading the Ukraine. Where is the proof? From what I've read her accounts didn't even much of a base. Claiming that there was a "chance" they were Russians going into Ukraine... You really gotta be kidding. 

And Garry, I don't see myself as much of a contributor.  Wink
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:15 pm

FP: Think I got what you meant and agree in essence. Not sure however if the Dutch example was suited for the Ukrainian case, cause I'm informed that the Netherlands, as well as Belgium, Germany and Italy all harbour US nukes in their territory, nukes that are pointing at a common enemy that is Russia. All EU countries fall under the same US military umbrella and they're all being covertly seduced to sign this infamous TTIP stuff.
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:29 pm

Kyo wrote:FP: Think I got what you meant and agree in essence. Not sure however if the Dutch example was suited for the Ukrainian case, cause I'm informed that the Netherlands, as well as Belgium, Germany and Italy all harbour US nukes in their territory, nukes that are pointing at a common enemy that is Russia. All EU countries fall under the same US military umbrella and they're all being covertly seduced to sign this infamous TTIP stuff.

its true, i was an dutch airborne soldier untill last year. and before i continue please be aware i dont agree with my country's government statements and policy's.

first, american nuclear warheads are stored at the Dutch Volkel Airbase. its an dutch airbase but an section on there is rather frantically controlled by the U.S forces. they actually have authority to shoot and kill anybody touching their perimeter fence. no matter if its dutch forces or not. the weapons stored there are solely aircraft-dropped nuclear bombs. they are scheduled to undergo replacement in 2015 for more powerfull warheads. even when the major of the province and its people living there voted in majority for their removal. the dutch government allows the U.S the continued use of Volkel airbase as an nuclear weapon storage facility.

but these weapons are not solely intended for Russia, in NATO's headquarters in Belgium there are "contigency plans" stored for "american eyes only". with all of the U.S nuclear activation codes stored across europe. it was initially told to europe as "countering an soviet invasion". but the rumour also excists that it was an contigency plan, in the case Europe...in particular germany would choose Russia's side in an conflict and if the U.S would lose europe then no one would have it. meaning the U.S would detonate the nuclear weapons on the bases they where stored. Netherlands for its seaports, Belgium being NATO's center of Command, Germany for its millitary potential. Italy for its airbases/dominance over the Mediterranean. the list goes on really....

im not an conspiracy guy, but like an friend of me in France said: "if that was not the U.S goal for those weapons, why do we still have them here in 2014 in our country's after the fall of the soviet union?". i share his opinion, he's right.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:45 am

This "inaccurate artillery" angle is nonsense. The attacks on basically every village, town and city along the front are non stop since last year.
    There was some attenuation of the 24/7 shelling after the ceasefire accord, but it did not stop.

1) The rebels could have shelled Mariupol like the regime 24/7 since last fall given their proximity, but did not. So I call BS on the
    claim that all of the sudden started targeting civilians. There are eyewitness accounts that point to the attack coming from
    Ukr positions. The preponderance of evidence is that it was a regime false flag. And it worked. The rebels had to pull back
    to remove this propaganda gold mine for NATO and its Kiev quislings.

2) Attacking civilians is part of the Kiev regime strategy. Their objective is to displace the people of the Donbas. This is
    routine counter-insurgency procedure. You deny the insurgents local support. The US did this in Vietnam and Turkey
    did this in Kurdistan. Look it up, the Turks bulldozed dozens of villages and displaced millions of Kurds.

3) The rebels obviously have no interest in shelling civilians in regime controlled Donbas territory. And they have not.
    Did any of you hear Debaltsevo being shelled 24/7 since September 2014? There are a lot of towns and villages within
    rebel shelling range that have not been attacked systematically. Totally unlike the case with rebel held residential areas.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:24 am

If we believe Ukie propaganda, then Mariupol had military targets there and a taxi driver called arty strike on it. Sounds fishy
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:36 am

What happened lately in Belarus?
    There are reports of major breakup or tension in relations between LUkashenko and Putin..
    that he told something about distancing from Russia because of what is happening today.. no idea if is
    related with the ruble or with Ukraine.. But people are saying Lukashenko have told something about
    distancing from Russia..

Anybody heard anything about?
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:38 am

Vann7 wrote:

What happened lately in Belarus?
    There are reports of major breakup or tension in relations between LUkashenko and Putin..
    that he told something about distancing from Russia because of what is happening today.. no idea if is
    related with the ruble or with Ukraine..  But people are saying Lukashenko have told something about
    distancing from Russia..

Anybody heard anything about?

Lukashenko became a lobotomized person that not only warned just at the start of maidan that this could be orchastred in belarus and now he is doing suicide for an entire nation.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:59 am

Ok... found it..  

i know is radio liberty a CIA tool.. but don't think they will lie about direct quotes of what lukashenko told..
    not even CNN do that.

http://www.rferl.org/content/belarus-lukashenka-defiant-at-marathon-press-conference/26820252.html

Belarusian President Alyaksandr Lukashenka has displayed defiance toward Russia and the West, warning them in a marathon news conference that he would bow to no one's will.

Speaking for more than seven hours in an annual news conference on January 29, Lukashenka warned the "Kremlin" and "the West" that "you can't bend me over."

Lukashenka made clear he would seek another term in a November election after nearly 21 years in power, saying "the only reason for an incumbent president not to run is idiocy, stupidity, or illness, and I have none of these."

In a blunt message to Russian President Vladimir Putin, Lukashenka said Belarus has never been and will never be part of the "Russian world."

Kremlin critics have accused Putin of trying to reimpose hegemony and limit the sovereignty of neighbors under the guise of defense of the "Russian world."

Lukashenka's remarks were the latest in a series of warnings to Russia, which has unsettled neighbors by annexing Crimea and backing rebels in eastern Ukraine.

But he said Moscow is only partly to blame for Ukraine's loss of Crimea, telling Ukrainians, "you didn't fight for it, and that means it's not yours."

Lukashenka suggested Russia has a special responsibility to stop the conflict between pro-Russian separatists and government forces in eastern Ukraine.

He said that his only wish is that "Europe...the United States, Russia -- which is involved in this [Ukraine] crisis to an extreme degree -- and Belarus do their best" to end the fighting.

Lukashenka said there is a possibility that the conflict in Ukraine could "spread into the territories of Russia and Belarus."

He added that Belarus will "never fight with the West to please Russia."

Lukashenka said "there are people who say that historically a country called Belarus never existed. Well it does now, so what?"

He warned that "no matter who comes to fight against Belarus with a sword will be hit by the sword," but added that "God forbids fighting with Russians, which would be a catastrophe of global proportions."

Lukashenka said, "There are enough fools in Russia [who] have started calling me a Qaddafi" -- a reference to Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi -- "who say they will impale me or something.... But it is not clear yet who will, in fact, impale whom."

The Belarusian leader said, "If I fail to provide this country with security, I could be hanged. Be it upside-down or on a rope, as you wish."

Lukashenka said his country "does not rule out" leaving the Moscow-led Eurasian Economic Union (EES) if agreements by other member countries are not kept.

According to Lukashenka, "trade wars" within the new trade bloc are unacceptable and he pointed to an ongoing standoff between Moscow and Minsk over agricultural exports.

Lukashenka emphasized that Belarus and fellow EES member Kazakhstan have always pushed to preserve the "purely economic" status of the grouping, implying he opposes attempts by Russia to use it for political purposes.

He added that Belarus and Kazakhstan had rejected the idea of a common visa regime for EES members for that reason.

Belarus and Russia have close military ties and are partners in several groupings including a bilateral "union state."

Is surprising how Lukashenko blames Russia only for the crisis in Ukraine and no mention of USA coup in kiev..
    And he only blames kiev for not fighting to take back Crimea.. Shocked
    The guy doesn't look like someone i will like to have as partner.. LUkashenko looks like he will backstab
    anyone for the right price.. including Russia.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:33 am

WTF!!
    In more interesting news.. the Exceptional Lithuanians nazis.. cry and complain that is not fair..
    that Russia Bans food from Europe.. lol1

Essentially they accuse Russia of using politics to justify their sanctions.. exactly what they are doing.
    So they accuse Russia of seeking to create divisions in Europe..for their sanctions on European Food...
    but no mentions on their sanctions on Russia. Shocked    

In other words the European media is playing now the role of victims ,when they are the ones who
    triggered the round of counter sanctions to the EU.

Lithuanian analyst: Russia trying to sow discord in EU with import bans

http://en.delfi.lt/central-eastern-europe/lithuanian-analyst-russia-trying-to-sow-discord-in-eu-with-import-bans.d?id=67048886
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:58 am

Luka is just scared... He knows that if he walks towards Russia a Maidan will occur in Belarus, and it he warms up to the West they'll still throw him out because of his long "service".
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:09 am

He is talking tough in public, but I doubt he will resort to anything.  He relies heavily on Russia, and even though he states that he trades more with west than Russia (which is false technically.  He trades more with Russia than any other country, but when you combine a multitude of countries, then yes, west does trade more).  But Russia also owns a lot of assets in Belarus add to that, he is heavily in debt to Russia in terms of loans Russia has provided to Belarus.  If Russia decided to bar Belarus, Belarus' economy will collapse in same day.  Kazakhstan is in a similar position.  But Kazakhstan is a far closer Ally to Russia.  Lukashenko is trying to look like he has some control, and is telling both sides to go to hell.  But in the end, he will tow the line of Russia (since Russia has military bases in Belarus).

that article Vann mentioned, I remember reading it elsewhere, I think it was national Belarus website. And even he stated that Belarus and Russians are true "brothers" and tied historically and cannot be separated. So in other words, he is still explaining that he is geared towards Russia but not willing to do whatever is told to him by Putin. In reality, Belarus is really pissed that many products in Belarus have been barred in Russia (agriculture) due to many Belarussian companies selling european goods, rebranded to Russia. So really, Belarus should be kicking themselves in the butt and blaming themselves.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:34 am

Novo troops is attacking the south and southeastern side of Debaltsevo groups

The Situation in the Ukraine. #10 - Page 28 10891531_622005774566414_2850435282310278405_n
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:41 am

None of you are talking about Viktor Muzhenko? Unless what he said was just **** it is a big deal... The guy, high up there is Kiev, said Russia isn't in Ukraine. This can't be forgotten so easily.

Novo really is embarrassing those Uki's, pretty amazing achievement considering they aren't getting direct support from....
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:53 am

Mike E wrote:None of you are talking about Viktor Muzhenko? Unless what he said was just **** it is a big deal... The guy, high up there is Kiev, said Russia isn't in Ukraine. This can't be forgotten so easily.

Novo really is embarrassing those Uki's, pretty amazing achievement considering they aren't getting direct support from....

This event has already been (briefly) mentioned, and it further proves that what Porkie, Yatsenyuk and the others shits are just telling lies and lies.

Look at this, Porkie claimed that Ukraina is very united under his rule Laughing Laughing Laughing and everybody supports him Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhlPvz7hFbs&feature=youtu.be&a

Only the brainwashed people or people who has maximum IQ equal to pig can believe in that f*cking shit. Laughing
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:13 am

higurashihougi wrote:
    Mike E wrote:tongue None of you are talking about Viktor Muzhenko? Unless what he said was just **** it is a big deal... The guy, high up there is Kiev, said Russia isn't in Ukraine. This can't be forgotten so easily.

This event has already been (briefly) mentioned, and it further proves that what Porkie, Yatsenyuk and the others shits are just telling lies and lies.

Look at this, Porkie claimed that Ukraina is very united under his rule Laughing Laughing Laughing and everybody supports him Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhlPvz7hFbs&feature=youtu.be&a

Only the brainwashed people or people who has maximum IQ equal to pig can believe in that f*cking shit. Laughing
    Briefly is the problem. I myself might just have to go to the Murica' strong comment areas of the internet and shove this up their ***'s.

Porky is just trying to look good... It ain't working!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:31 pm