Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+19
KoTeMoRe
George1
collegeboy16
Mike E
Hannibal Barca
Werewolf
Scarr25
magnumcromagnon
Regular
NationalRus
KomissarBojanchev
Mr.Kalishnikov47
flamming_python
Zivo
GarryB
Sujoy
BTRfan
TR1
TheArmenian
23 posters

Civilian Firearms Market

BTRfan

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 4 Empty Re: Civilian Firearms Market

Post  BTRfan Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:41 pm

What sort of pistols can you own in Russia?

Can a Russian citizen own a Makarov?
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:12 pm

BTRfan wrote:What sort of pistols can you own in Russia?

Can a Russian citizen own a Makarov?
    hardly we have a lot of strict totalitarian gun laws
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:26 pm

New civilian carbine based on the KEDR submachine gun reveled at the ARMS & HUNTING 2013 exhibition in Moscow.
    The name is KRECHET and the caliber is 9 x 19. The manufacturer is the Zlatoust plant www.zlatmash.ru

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 4 11iczcx

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 4 2hz2045

Here are some photo galleries from the show:

http://forum.guns.ru/forummessage/3/1246446.html

http://vitalykuzmin.net/?q=node/529
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:12 am

Interesting the new calibres... 10 x 28mm?

And seeming lack of known calibre 9 x 21mm...

Some very interesting new weapons there, but nothing too radical as far as I can see.

Still waiting for the multi calibre weapons... a 12 gauge/.22LR/.22WMR/7.62 x 39/.223 weapon would be very handy IMHO.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:24 am

Interesting new product....

http://www.archangelmanufacturing.com/new-products-2013/
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:24 am

I guess this will be of interest to BTRFan... Smile

http://en.ria.ru/russia/20140116/186587220/Kalashnikov-Signs-Contract-to-Sell-200000-Guns-in-US-Canada.html

Being able to sell 200,000 guns per year in the Canadian and US market should boost numbers of Russian weapons available there.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:54 am

GarryB wrote:I guess this will be of interest to BTRFan... Smile

http://en.ria.ru/russia/20140116/186587220/Kalashnikov-Signs-Contract-to-Sell-200000-Guns-in-US-Canada.html

Being able to sell 200,000 guns per year in the Canadian and US market should boost numbers of Russian weapons available there.

Even the most Russophobic Neo-Con can appreciate a Kalashnikov rifle which are ironically the biggest consumers of their products in North America; my only problem is that designers were too conservative for too long and was late to the party on the ergonomics front, and that third party's took up the responsibility.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:30 am

The designers had bullpup and balanced recoil designs decades ago, it was the military that was being conservative...

The AK12 should be a rifle that does not require custom parts except pic attachment parts like scopes and lights etc.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:37 am

What really needs to be done is make it legal to own a firearm in Russia without needing to be a member of a hunting club or security company and allow owning automatic weapons as long as you have a government permit. This would increase gun selling profits, reduce petty violence, increase the interest in sport shooting and guns in general for Russians meaning better home guard and more accurate conscripts, hell some americans might even view Russia in a more positive light and move there. Also life would be more fun there(at least for me attack ).

Theres all to win and nothing to lose.

That would be my dream
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:29 am

They need to change their laws on self defence... AFAIK they are similar to British laws like the ones here in NZ where minimum force must be used otherwise you risk prosecution.
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:30 am

The new Saiga MK-107 in 223 Rem caliber.
    It is based on the AK-107.

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 4 N6rh3c

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 4 2lu3yfp

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 4 2rw55rb
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:50 am

Ambidextrous cocking handle... and push through safety bar above the centre of the trigger area.

The control in the top picture directly between the safety and the cocking handle looks like a bolt release for a bolt hold open device...

I am very much liking the look of this weapon.

However to be legal in New Zealand the folding stock and pistol grip would need to be changed to a thumb hole stock and the muzzle brake could not be a flash hider too.

The latter is easy to fix... just fit it with a suppressor...  Twisted Evil and a thumbhole stock and it would be NZ legal... and I want one.

Having a balanced recoil mechanism it should be nice and smooth to fire while the piston assembly should maintain decent reliability.

Actually I will take 2... one in .223 and one in 7.62 x 51mm... I'll trade my SLR for it... Smile
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Or do I wait for a multi calibre rifle in 223, 308, 7.62 x 39, 5.45 x 39, and 7.62 x 54, with 12 gauge and .22lr and .22WMR add ons...

I guess I will just have to go for anything I can get.  Twisted Evil 
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:26 am

Garry,

You should go for the Tigr rifle which is basically the SVD.
    It is available in your country and it is legal.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:32 am

These are the rifles I am looking at at the moment:

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 4 Www_gu10

As a .223 calibre rifle for rabbits at long range... I already have a suppressor to fit it.

And this in 308 winchester:

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 4 Www_gu12

The latter is made at the Molot factory with the RPK as its basis with a strengthened receiver for the larger calibre.

The main problem is the latter is a military style semi automatic because its magazine holds 10 rounds instead of 7.  Rolling Eyes 
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Is there any pro-gun attitude cropping up in Russia or the or is the European "legal guns cause violence" still universal? Its a shame that all these nice pieces tula and izhmazh make are inaccessible for the ordinary Russian citizen. dunno

Last edited by KomissarBojanchev on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:59 am

What the F are you talking about?
    All of these guns that are exported to USA, Europe or NewZealand are available for sale to Russian citizens who have firearms/hunting licenses.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:24 am

But you can't get such licence unless you're a policeman or security employee. And aren't only shotguns and bolt action rifles allowed in Russia?
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:37 am

KomissarBojanchev wrote:But you can't get such licence unless you're a policeman or security employee. And aren't only shotguns and bolt action rifles allowed in Russia?

Stop spreading BS and lies.
    Those laws are for countries like England and Australia.
    In Russia hunters are sport shooters can and use semi-auto rifles and shotguns like Saiga, Tigr etc.
    In Russia you first get a shotgun license (it can be a sem-iauto). After five years you can buy a rifle (and yes, it can be semiauto). You don't need to be a policeman or security employee. The only types of firearms that are not allowed for civilians are pistol and machine guns.
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Do you have to be part of a hunting club to get a shotgun license? Is it allowed in Russia to go hunting individually? Are there any restrictions on accessories like silencers or muzzle breaks?
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:43 am

GarryB wrote:These are the rifles I am looking at at the moment:

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 4 Www_gu10

As a .223 calibre rifle for rabbits at long range... I already have a suppressor to fit it.

And this in 308 winchester:

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 4 Www_gu12

The latter is made at the Molot factory with the RPK as its basis with a strengthened receiver for the larger calibre.

The main problem is the latter is a military style semi automatic because its magazine holds 10 rounds instead of 7.  Rolling Eyes 

Hey Garry, are civilian models of the AK-74 legal in New Zealand? Because if they are you might want to look in to grabbing an Arsenal AK-74M, check out this good review on the Arsenal AK-74M:

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:04 am

I have decided to apply for a military style automatic licence endorsement for my licence which would mean I can buy and own semi auto AKs of various types like Dragunovs and AKs etc.

No disrespect but why would I buy an American made Arsenal AK when I can buy a Kalashnikov AK?

I want Russian made weapons... that is my thing...  Very Happy russia 
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:35 am

GarryB wrote:I have decided to apply for a military style automatic licence endorsement for my licence which would mean I can buy and own semi auto AKs of various types like Dragunovs and AKs etc.

No disrespect but why would I buy an American made Arsenal AK when I can buy a Kalashnikov AK?

I want Russian made weapons... that is my thing...   Very Happy russia 

Technically the Arsenal's are "Russian", but when they arrive in the States they're the neutered versions without the pistol grip and have to be corrected in a US factory.

IMO, Molot's are the best you can buy. The one problem is in the States, you cannot find parts to fit them. The RPK's receiver is slightly thicker. I think is 1.6mm, which means standard AK parts need to be slightly shaved down to fit. Stocks are an easy fix, but the hand guards are hard to come by. I also find the finish on the Molot weapons to be better than Izhmash.

In New Zealand the part shortage probably holds true, be warned if you get the Molot. It gets costly.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:53 am

"Kalashnikov" first Europeans to introduce new items brand Baikal

Concern demonstrate in Germany 140 samples of hunting rifles

European consumers see new brand Baikal . We are talking about semi-automatic gun MP-135, MP-pneumatic pistols 654KM, MP-657, MP-657K and compressed gas guns MP-553, MP-553K. Reports the press service of the concern "Kalashnikov" .

Overall Concern introduce visitors to the international exhibition of sporting and hunting goods IWA & Outdoor Classic in 2014 140 samples of hunting rifles. The event will be held from 7 to 10 March in the German city of Nuremberg.

Among the known European consumer items - sports carbine "Saiga-MK-107" gun for practical shooting "Saiga-12 App. 340 "and carbine" Saiga-9 "in caliber 9x19 mm and 9x21 mm, release the first production batch which is scheduled in 2014.

Over 20 carbine rifles and present Vyatskie Polanski plant "Hammer". Including new rifles performance series "Wild Boar" 7,62 x39 mm and .308 Win, carbine "Griffin" with changeable barrels caliber 223Rem, .308 Win and 20h76 mm and 9x19 mm caliber ohotkarabiny and .22 LR based AKM.

The delegation was headed by the Group General Manager of "Kalashnikov" Alexei Krivoruchko . During the exhibition, scheduled to hold talks with dealers concern, as well as with potential partners in the supply to the enterprise of modern machines for production updates.

At the booth of 200 square meters. meters will be presented a wide range of civilian weapons discharged Concern "Kalashnikov", "IMZ" and "Vyatskie Polyansky engineering plant" Hammer ".

European IWA - one of three exhibitions of hunting weapons in the world, conducted on a regular basis. Two others - Shot Show in the United States and Russia "Arms and Hunting."

Motto fairs IWA - only hunting and sporting weapons, equipment, clothing and shoes for hunting accessories and knives for hunters and tourists. Demonstration of military weapons here is not assumed.

CONCERN "KALASHNIKOV" (FORMERLY NGO "IZHMASH") - Russia's largest producer of automatic and sniper combat arms, guided artillery shells, as well as a wide range of civil products - shotguns, sporting rifles, machines and tools. The company was founded in 1807. Included in the State Corporation Rosteh. "Kalashnikov" united large state enterprises Infantry branch of Russia (NGOs "Izhmash" JSC and "IMZ"). In the future, the concern will Vyatskie Polyansky Machine Works "The Hammer", KBAL behalf Koshkin and THREAD "Progress". Production is delivered in 27 countries, including USA, UK, Germany, Norway, Italy, Canada, Kazakhstan and Thailand.

http://rostec.ru/news/4365
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:09 am

carbine "Griffin" with changeable barrels caliber 223Rem, .308 Win and 20h76 mm and 9x19 mm caliber ohotkarabiny and .22 LR based AKM.

Now we are talking... Griffin sounds interesting with those calibres... ie 5.56mm NATO, 7.62mm NATO, 20 gauge 3 inch shotgun, 9mm NATO and .22lr.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:04 am