Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+19
KoTeMoRe
George1
collegeboy16
Mike E
Hannibal Barca
Werewolf
Scarr25
magnumcromagnon
Regular
NationalRus
KomissarBojanchev
Mr.Kalishnikov47
flamming_python
Zivo
GarryB
Sujoy
BTRfan
TR1
TheArmenian
23 posters

Civilian Firearms Market

Scarr25

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 5 Empty Who is familiar with 1970's Baikals?

Post  Scarr25 Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:30 am

I am the original owner of a Baikal MTs-5. There doesn't seem to be anyone who is knowledgeable about them and it's impossible to dig up any info on the web. They must be rare.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 5 Empty Re: Civilian Firearms Market

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:48 am

Have heard the comment they are like Holland and Holland Quality Shotguns for the price of a Barretta.

Personally I prefer more practical weapons that can be handled and shot... I would be more inclined to put an MTs-5 on a wall than shoot it.
    Scarr25

Post  Scarr25 Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:14 pm

GarryB wrote:Have heard the comment they are like Holland and Holland Quality Shotguns for the price of a Barretta.

Personally I prefer more practical weapons that can be handled and shot... I would be more inclined to put an MTs-5 on a wall than shoot it.

Hi Gary,

I have heard that quote. I also prefer more practical weapons. I inherited this from my father. I have always
    wanted to make a nice case for it and put it on the wall. It's a coincidence that you say that.

Thanks,
    Steve
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:38 am

From the few examples I have seen like it they are beautifully made.

The best English language info I have found is here:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=124415

And I see at the bottom of page three you have also found that page too. Smile

Scarr25

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 5 Empty Thanks!

Post  Scarr25 Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:39 pm

I'll get the hang of replying down sooner or later.

Yes and thank you. I wrote an email to the same gentleman who responded with pricing in the link you shared.
    We'll see if he responds, I'll let you know.

Be well,
    Steve
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:52 am

Well Duh... there are photos of the Griffin on the first page of this thread... how quickly we forget...
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 5 Empty Domestic Firearms Market

Post  Sujoy Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:35 pm

Russians can now carry guns for ‘self-defense’

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 5 87236210

In an amendment to its tough gun control laws, the Russian government eases restrictions, allowing citizens to carry licensed weapons for the purposes of ‘self-defense.’

Until now Russian gun enthusiasts were only permitted to carry firearms for hunting or target shooting after obtaining a license through the Interior Ministry. Russian gun licenses are to be renewed every five years, and applicants face strict background checks and are required to take gun safety courses.

The addendum to the law now lists self-defense as a legally acceptable reason for carrying a weapon.

However, a 2011 Levada poll found that 81 percent of Russians opposed easing the existing gun regulations.

In spite of its restrictive gun laws, Russia has seen its share gun violence. In 2012, a 30 year old lawyer opened fire on his colleagues at a pharmaceutical company, killing six. Just last year, 15-year-old straight A student, Sergey Gordeyev, killed a teacher and a police officer after taking 29 students hostage.

The government’s press service underscored that carrying a weapon will remain prohibited at educational institutions, establishments which operate at night and serve alcohol, and mass public gatherings such as street demonstrations or protests. The legislation also forbids carrying a weapon while under the influence of alcohol.

The law broadly defines self-defense weapons, including smoothbore long barrelled guns, pistols, revolvers, and other firearms, as well as Tasers, and devices equipped with teargas. Long barrelled fire arms and edged weapons are, however, forbidden by the law.

In addition, the amendment softened requirements for foreigners bringing arms into the Russian Federation or purchasing arms on Russian territory. The grace period for foreigners awaiting a license from the Interior Ministry for firearms has been increased from 5 to 10 days.

http://rt.com/news/206703-russia-guns-self-defense/
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:47 pm

I can't be the only one who thinks that this is a step in a bad direction?
    Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:48 pm

Personally I am not overly worried but having a large portion of the population being "americanished" means that you will probably experience one or two massacres, schools, hospitals, clubs you name it.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:31 am

Werewolf wrote:I can't be the only one who thinks that this is a step in a bad direction?
    You're alone, gun control is ****, doesn't work, and allows govs. to control their citizens.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:05 am

The police are not always there when you need them the issue however is that the rules around defending yourself have to be made totally clear to anyone wanting to take up arms to defend themselves.

Here in NZ it is illegal to own any sort of firearm for the purpose of self defence. Pepper sprays and tasers are also illegal... in other words if you are attacked you basically have to make do with whatever comes to hand... and don't get caught carrying around weapons either.

Personally I like the fact that pistols are fairly hard to get in NZ as they are very desirable to criminals for their fire power and concealment.

If the bad guys already have guns then why not let civilians defend themselves with the same?

As far as I am concerned gun control is being able to hit your target.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:41 am

Check out these... totally awesome...

Miniature guns made by the Arsenal company that makes the Strike pistol.

these guns are real and they fire real ammo scaled down to size... they cost something like $60,000 each and the ammo is something like $100 per shot or more... but look at them!!!

Note if you want to see them fire skip to the last vid...
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:11 pm

hehehe, thats just kawaii as fck. Twisted Evil .
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:28 pm

Funny and amazing stuff, but i doubt he got lot of costumers for such price per unit, well maybe Babtistas son would buy it...plated in gold.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:34 pm

GarryB wrote:Check out these... totally awesome...

Miniature guns made by the Arsenal company that makes the Strike pistol.

these guns are real and they fire real ammo scaled down to size... they cost something like $60,000 each and the ammo is something like $100 per shot or more... but look at them!!!

Note if you want to see them fire skip to the last vid...

They're pretty damn cool!
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:55 am

The stumbling block of custom made ammo is a problem... I have a friend who used to make model radio controlled aircraft... he made a huge spitfire with about a 3m wingspan that was very cool and it reminded me that the old 20mm Shkas cannon used a cannon shell that actually looked rather a lot like a .22LR rifle round.

Would be cool to make a Yak or LaGG with 20mm cannons that use .22LR ammo as that is cheap and it could even be loaded with tracer rounds.

Obviously incredibly dangerous... and would likely not be legal, but having scale model 20mm cannon firing .22LR would be interesting.

You could expand it from small arms to include artillery... actually I have always thought the 115mm shell from the T-62 tank looked a lot like a 30/30 rifle round... imagine a half scale tank... Twisted Evil
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:04 am

GarryB wrote:The stumbling block of custom made ammo is a problem... I have a friend who used to make model radio controlled aircraft... he made a huge spitfire with about a 3m wingspan that was very cool and it reminded me that the old 20mm Shkas cannon used a cannon shell that actually looked rather a lot like a .22LR rifle round.

Would be cool to make a Yak or LaGG with 20mm cannons that use .22LR ammo as that is cheap and it could even be loaded with tracer rounds.

Obviously incredibly dangerous... and would likely not be legal, but having scale model 20mm cannon firing .22LR would be interesting.

You could expand it from small arms to include artillery... actually I have always thought the 115mm shell from the T-62 tank looked a lot like a 30/30 rifle round... imagine a half scale tank... Twisted Evil

Yea, i always dreamed about a RC turbined Mi-24 with function YaK-12,7 with some small rounds.

Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:59 am

Those tiny guns are nuts.

That freaking VSS. attack
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:14 am

Civilian version of the AK-74M - "Saiga MK"

JSC "Concern" Kalashnikov "(part of the State Corporation" Rostec ") in a press release September 15, 2016 reported that launched the sale of the upgraded 5.45-mm semi-automatic carbine" Saiga MK "execution 030. In accordance with the wishes of consumers, carbine design changes have been made that improve ergonomics and to double the performance of the product.

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 5 3545021_original

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2136420.html

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:59 pm

The Moscow International Exhibition of Arms & Hunting 2016

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2160536.html
    TheArmenian
    TheArmenian

Post  TheArmenian Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:11 am

And now we have a pump-action AK
    Called KSZ-223

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:07 pm

Nice.

A rifle that I can buy to get around all the semi auto machine gun legislation BS.

They wont be able to call it a military style assault rifle now if it is a pump action... Smile

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:14 am

TheArmenian wrote:And now we have a pump-action AK
    Called KSZ-223

Actually it's not a "pump". But a straight action made to look like a pump. The rifle is just like a normal AK with a busted gas port. Clever Russian is clever.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:06 pm

It seems it is easier to use a standard cocking lever when prone than operate a pump slide.

This rifle has a cocking handle on both sides of the rifle to allow it to be operated manually by either hand.

AFAIK a lot of european countries don't allow military semi auto rifles in civilian ownership, so this would be a great way to sell to civilians around the world.

Personally I would prefer to see a pump action multi calibre bullpup weapon able to take standard magazines in 7.62 x 39mm, 5.45mm, 12 gauge, 7.62 x 54mm, etc.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 5 Empty Russian Military and Civilian small arms?

Post  miketheterrible Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:44 am

Mods - can we rename this to: Russian Military and Civilian small arms? Because instead of all these little other threads, can have one big one on all Russian rifle and small arms development.

ORSIS showcases new rifle: K-151

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/30/new-russian-rifle-orsis-k-151/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com

Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 5 TW3zVLN
    Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 5 Fu41hxq
    Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 5 2bSPFTh
    Civilian Firearms Market  - Page 5 Jeqg7bE

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 am