Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+75
Arkanghelsk
Dr.Snufflebug
Backman
Broski
caveat emptor
Gazputin
gc3762
Rodion_Romanovic
Dima
rigoletto
nero
Russian_Patriot_
Lennox
Daniel_Admassu
lancelot
par far
Rasisuki Nebia
owais.usmani
Kiko
Scorpius
lyle6
LMFS
Big_Gazza
x_54_u43
Tingsay
calripson
thegopnik
PhSt
Hole
miketheterrible
GunshipDemocracy
Singular_Transform
kvs
PapaDragon
Project Canada
Singular_trafo
George1
Kimppis
ExBeobachter1987
victor1985
mutantsushi
Morpheus Eberhardt
Cyberspec
Book.
Kyo
KoTeMoRe
Neutrality
Vann7
indochina
Mike E
r111
Rmf
vK_man
Strizh
Werewolf
Russian Patriot
Mindstorm
Asf
Hannibal Barca
TR1
Flanky
BlackArrow
gaurav
magnumcromagnon
Viktor
flamming_python
Firebird
AlfaT8
Austin
GarryB
Turk1
Stealthflanker
Vladislav
sepheronx
Admin
79 posters

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

Post  sepheronx Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:11 pm

Photofacts: Construction progress Angstrom-T
    Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 13 9ALyK6G

my fav quote:
    And I thought about this plant the whole country knows. In comments to the news by any opponents continually reduce calls to their own lack of microelectronic production. That this plant is the solution.

The truth is not all, but a large part of it. This is the first full-cycle plant (sputtering plates, lithography, korpusirovka chips). The installed equipment allows now producing chips with 90 nm toponormoy. After developing its own technology or licensing it from other plants (Micron, STM, IBM) will be producing chips with 45 nm toponormoy without serious modernization of equipment. If modify existing factory lithographers to use liquids as lenses, it will be possible to receive modern toponormy up to 22 nm.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 13 Empty Re: Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors

Post  sepheronx Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:46 am

Vice Premier Rogozin: Russia’s GLONASS needs 2 years to say bye to imports

I imagine it can be done sooner since various sub-components are apparently all made in Russia (caps, resistors, transistors, etc), while PCB's are also made at home.  It all comes down to the microprocessors which in this case, Elvees and Micran already produce for Glonass.  So I really do not know what else is actually imported.

Post  Guest Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:20 pm

sepheronx wrote:Vice Premier Rogozin: Russia’s GLONASS needs 2 years to say bye to imports

I imagine it can be done sooner since various sub-components are apparently all made in Russia (caps, resistors, transistors, etc), while PCB's are also made at home.  It all comes down to the microprocessors which in this case, Elvees and Micran already produce for Glonass.  So I really do not know what else is actually imported.

There are clearly components which they still import. Check this.

"Lavochkin Research and Production Association had to postpone the construction and launch of the Arktika space system, said General Director Sergey Lemeshevsky, Russian newspaper Izvestia reported.

The schedule under the Arktika project was postponed due to a need to reconstruct part of the equipment in view of the sanctions policy currently in place, Lemeshevsky said. The project's terms of reference provide for a substantial unification of the Arktika system with the geostationary satellite Elektro, which would be a logical step, as the systems' functionalities are similar, but have different orbits, as noted in the report. "Now we see that the first satellite Elektro-A is functioning but there are some faults hereto related. Therefore, we have significantly upgraded the second Elektro-L satellite. Similarly, we have decided to upgrade Arktika to avoid problems faced with the first Elektro-L satellite. But the difference is that we have manufactured both Elektro-L facilities using foreign components. We are not using the Chinese-made electronic and component base, so we rely mainly on the Russian electronics industry," Lemeshevsky said.

According to Ivan Moiseyev, the scientific director of the Space Policy Institute, the postponement in timing will likely not seriously impact the operations, as the Arktika network is to duplicate the functionality of the Russian satellite constellation already in use at the moment. The Arktika network should also assist in the exploration of minerals in polar regions."

Source: http://www.unian.info/economics/1171360-russia-faces-difficulties-in-launching-arktika-space-system-due-to-us-sanctions.html
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:32 pm

Militarov wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:Vice Premier Rogozin: Russia’s GLONASS needs 2 years to say bye to imports

"Lavochkin Research and Production Association had to postpone the construction and launch of the Arktika space system, said General Director Sergey Lemeshevsky, Russian newspaper Izvestia reported.

The schedule under the Arktika project was postponed due to a need to reconstruct part of the equipment in view of the sanctions policy currently in place, Lemeshevsky said. The project's terms of reference provide for a substantial unification of the Arktika system with the geostationary satellite Elektro, which would be a logical step, as the systems' functionalities are similar, but have different orbits, as noted in the report. "Now we see that the first satellite Elektro-A is functioning but there are some faults hereto related. Therefore, we have significantly upgraded the second Elektro-L satellite. Similarly, we have decided to upgrade Arktika to avoid problems faced with the first Elektro-L satellite. But the difference is that we have manufactured both Elektro-L facilities using foreign components. We are not using the Chinese-made electronic and component base, so we rely mainly on the Russian electronics industry," Lemeshevsky said.

According to Ivan Moiseyev, the scientific director of the Space Policy Institute, the postponement in timing will likely not seriously impact the operations, as the Arktika network is to duplicate the functionality of the Russian satellite constellation already in use at the moment. The Arktika network should also assist in the exploration of minerals in polar regions."

Source: http://www.unian.info/economics/1171360-russia-faces-difficulties-in-launching-arktika-space-system-due-to-us-sanctions.html

Does not sound like a desperation move to me. More like taking a chance to upgrade their systems "pod shumok".

Post  Guest Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:37 pm

kvs wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Does not sound like a desperation move to me.   More like taking a chance to upgrade their systems "pod shumok".

Probably delaying it so they get time to replace remaining foreign components with domestic, at least i assume so.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Militarov wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Militarov wrote:

Does not sound like a desperation move to me.   More like taking a chance to upgrade their systems "pod shumok".

Probably delaying it so they get time to replace remaining foreign components with domestic, at least i assume so.

Yeah, I posted that one on the space section:
    https://www.russiadefence.net/t2288p930-russia-space-news-and-discussion#132224

as I pointed out on the quote part states that it is specifically aimed for bringing in domestic components thus replacing all foreign and they refuse to use Chinese.

I am all for it if it means to delay the launch.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:43 pm

So after some real hard investigation for a company with such a basic name and basic DNS name as well, I found NPO Orion's website: http://orion-ir.ru/produkciya/

So this has the listings of its production of matrices used for Thermal imaging that was used on the Agat-MDT and such by Rostec (yes, Orion is a Rostec company as well).
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:53 am

Perhaps landmark meeting

This is quite important for the future of Multiclet.  It is, I believe the only real producer of multi cellular processors in Russia.

On Friday, October 30, 2015 on the basis of Mytishchi Research Institute of radio devices (FSUE "MNIIRIP") held a meeting on the theme "The multicellular architecture and processors." The meeting held by the Director of the Institute V.V.Alekseev commissioned by the Department of Industry and Trade of the RF radio-electronic industry. In the three-hour meeting was attended by representatives of 10 leading organizations in the industry, with a keynote address technical director of "Multiclet" N.V.Streltsov.

The main outcome of the meeting and the views expressed V.V.Alekseev summarized as follows: multicellular architecture there is Russian, has a number of incarnations in silicon and priborah.Odnako, not enough data to draw conclusions and further research is necessary, in particular, the completion of a "VSP C "tests for compliance with OTU on special purpose chip, as well as obtaining data on all types of functions assess the DSP.

Following the meeting, it will be allocated the appropriate protocol in the Department of Industry and Trade of the RF radio-electronic industry.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:38 pm

Production of microelectronics for space.
    Today, the domestic component base is used in a new modification of the rocket "Soyuz-2". Control systems manned "Soyuz" and cargo "Progress" is also equipped with our chips. Russian microelectronics working successfully at the International Space Station. The main centers, which creates a basis for the space component - Zelenograd and the Kurchatov Institute.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:17 pm

Named the term of the start of production and the price of Russia's first processor

Not Russian first processor but first civil processor really.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:17 am

First look at Elbrus-8C motherboard with processor
    Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 13 QfyNsAm
    Photo taken from sdelanounas website

So as a gift to all nerds such as myself for the new years, MCST has released the first look of Elbrus-8C microprocessor and its motherboard.

Last year (2015) was a tough year, with sanctions and the need to fast track development for import substitution, especially in the microelectronics sector of the economy. But MCST is working hard and so far have apparently completed tests of three chips: Elbrus-8C (8 core Elbrus E2K cores), Elbrus-1C+ (Single Elbrus E2K core with integrated GPU) and KPI-2 Southbridge chipset.

Other interesting news is that MCST is continuing work on their MCST-R line of processors (which use the V9 of SPARC architecture) and will be coming out with a 28nm variant of it, as well as tests completed on Elbrus Servers 4.4 using the Elbrus E2K Core 4 core processors (Elbrus-4C) and workstations Elbrus-401 which also utilizes the Elbrus-4C processor. Both systems are currently available for purchase but are not open to standard use but for government and industrial use as far as I am aware. So such systems will not be replacing your Intel or AMD systems anytime soon if you so wish to.

I wish MCST the best in 2016 in their endeavors, as this is very important for import substitution and for government agencies/military as a whole. Hopefully, with enough orders, such systems will become much cheaper in the long run and will become available for personal computer consumer market.

Sources:

sdelanounas.ru
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:21 pm

It seems that Russia isn't doing too well in supercomputers:

http://www.unz.com/akarlin/moores-law-for-supercomputers/

Any future plans? Are they only using domestic chips or why do they rank so low? Isn't that a major issue?
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:36 pm

Kimppis wrote:It seems that Russia isn't doing too well in supercomputers:

Any future plans? Are they only using domestic chips or why do they rank so low? Isn't that a major issue?

The only thing that matters is if the research institutes and industrial design centers have access to the systems
    they need. These won't be listed in any Top 500 list unless they feel the need to join this NATO circle jerk.

The largest supercomputers are useful for fluid dynamics simulations, which include nuclear bomb detonations
    and atmospheric chemistry and transport models at high resolution. It looks like Russia does not need to
    simulate its nuclear devices like the USA. One can laugh and dick stroke about how Russians are inferior, but
    they have always relied on mathematical approaches (e.g. asymptotic perturbation expansions) and pencil
    and paper instead of a big numerical box. They have clearly done quite well with their approach.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:40 pm

Major institutes like Rosatom or various schools amd defense companies have supercomputers.  The rest on the list is like what KVS said, wank session.  T-Platforms and another company deals with HPC's and making them, so they have them and the ability.  But to simply state that they need them to be part of a ranking is a waste of money.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:34 am

DIC develops secure hardware-based "Elbrus-8C"

yaaaaah!
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:21 pm

The microcomputer developed in Russia
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:52 am

Sepheronx, very positive news (an understatement) about the fabrication process for nanophotonics:

Russian scientists have said about the revolution in the creation of processors with thousands of cores

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 13 Microscheme_110615.t

Researchers from the MIPT experimentally proved that nanophotonic components based on copper can successfully work in photonic devices on a par with the components on the basis of gold and silver and copper components will soon become the basis for optoelectronic processors with thousands of cores.

"We managed to create the copper chips, optical properties are in no way inferior to the golden analogues", - transmits TASS statement of Dmitry Fedyanina leader of the study, with reference to scientific NanoLetters magazine.

"Moreover, we have achieved this in the production cycle is compatible with CMOS technology, which is the basis of all modern integrated circuits including microprocessors. It's kind of a revolution in nanophotonics, "- said Fedyanin.

Nanophotonics - area of ​​research, including working hard to replace the existing computing device components improved by using photons instead of electrons.

Nanoscale Photonic components are created on the basis of the so-called metal-dielectric nanostructures, and was previously thought that in its fundamental properties of only two metals can be used to create effective nanostructures - gold and silver.

However, in practice, to create components based on gold and silver is very difficult because both metals practically do not enter into chemical reactions, and hence the process of creating nanostructures expensive, long, and sometimes even unfeasible.

Revolutionary for photonics and computers of the future discovery made by researchers from the laboratory of nano-optics and plasmonics center nanoscale optoelectronics Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT). He was the first to make nanophotonic components based on copper, which by their characteristics are not inferior counterparts in gold.

On the basis of generalization of the theory of the so-called plasmonic metal they had in 2012 we found that the copper as an optical material can not only compete with the gold, but to surpass it.

Unlike gold, copper can be fairly easy to structure, use a liquid or plasma etching and create on its basis nanoscale components that are easily integrated into the photonic and electronic integrated circuits based on silicon.

The researchers took more than two years to purchase the necessary equipment, to develop a process, make samples, carry out a number of independent measurement and confirm this hypothesis experimentally.

Notably, the copper components were made by scientists within the standard technological process used for the production of most modern microcircuits.

These studies provide the foundation for the beginning of the practical use of copper nanophotonic and plasmonic components that will already be in the future used to create LEDs nanolasers, highly sensitive sensors and sensors for mobile devices, high-performance optoelectronic processors with up to tens of thousands of cores for graphics cards, personal computers and supercomputers.

Russian scientists have said about the revolution in the creation of processors with thousands of cores

kvs likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:35 am

New Baikal based PC:

http://www.sdelanounas.ru/blogs/74637/

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 13 D3d3Lm92ZXJjbG9ja2Vycy5ydS9pbWFnZXMvbmV3cy8yMDE2LzAyLzI2L1Rhdm9sZ2FfVGVybWluYWxfVFAtVDIyQlQuSlBHP19faWQ9NzQ2Mzc=
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:00 pm

Kimppis wrote:It seems that Russia isn't doing too well in supercomputers:

First and foremost..

The term "Super computer" is very misleading. It can mean anything .Many of those servers use hardware a decade old..the magic of the "super thing" comes by spending millions dollars in buying thousands of computers and organizing them in a network ,to work as a team. can you imagine a computer how obsolete becomes after 10 years?  All those servers contest about who is the faster is just a benchmark of the speed of a combination of many hundreds or thousands of computers together calculating a mathematical operation. And the speed at which those "super computers" , that will be better called Super networks. Is highly dependent on how much money you invest on it.

Means that if Russia wanted in this year to take the #1 position.. all they need to create a network bigger than the one China have..spend more money than them and configure /organize/Program the servers so no computer is idle doing nothing and that every server is always busy..whenever running any test.

That said. Any nation with money can create a super computer and be the fastest. it all depends of how much $$ money you invest in the servers. Those "Super computers" use ,are very limited. Usually they used to simulate Weather in the world.. or simulate earthquakes..
    no big deal.. the most important task could be sharing data.. like Facebook for example need to have Super Computers to actualize billions of tons of data that people enter in the world.

But if you do a test in real time graphics performance ,something like video games.
    then even a Playstation 4 will beat the hell of those top 500 super computers in running
    graphics in real time. That means ,that top 500 super computers it means next to nothing. that X country managed to organize lots of servers to do run one useless test very fast.

Perhaps those supercomputers will be very fast running mathlab or autocad. but if you pick for example a program like adobe video or Photoshop,it will lose the "super part" and become a super crap , its performance will be no better than your top of the line single personal PC.

So the best name for those "super computers.. will be something like Super Limited Super Servers. Because contrary to top of the line Personal Computers that people can buy , that can do everything. Those "SUper" Servers are only designed with one particular software or application in mind. either to Run Autocad/or Matlab very fast.
    or Transfer millions or billions of server files very fast.. something like transfering the personal medical record of a million of people from one server to another.. etc.

So there is nothing to look at the "super computers". Its a meaningless benchmark.
    Because do not measure new technology. it only measure Money invested ,organization of servers and good configuration to perform one or two task very fast. and nothing else.

What will be a real Test.. and really interesting .is to compare future Elbrus processors vs Intel I7 processors. In the most used business applications and video games. China design no computers , Russia does. BUilding a super computer is all about going shopping and spending hundred of millions dollars in Intel or Amd or IBM servers. and organizing,configuring them well ,for better performance in a limited applications.

All Said..
    Why would Russia need a "super computer"?
    it will not help Pak-FA to be better.. neither Armata. Neither will help Russia space program.
    Probably to predict earthquakes "better" but not even Japan had any success with that . the most practical use of them will be for Civil Engineer , to calculate very huge structures.
    SOmething like the China Super bridge for example had to be simulated there. But it could have been done in any other super server too in the top 500 or top 1000. but less fast.

A real super computer for me.. will be something totally new.. lets say quantum computers ,that
    do mathematical computations manipulating atoms. and that such technology is fully developed for consumer and business daily use and that runs all today application
    but a hundred of times faster.  That will be really BIG.  

Since the silicon based computers are with us..since when? since the 60's..
    Anyone that develops a computer that its circuits no longer use semiconductors /silicon and manipulate atoms this time and instead of electricity use light,that will be HUGEEEEEE as big
    as landing on mars today ,building a base while filming it and then return a year later safely .

This Elbrus Computer Russia is building is much more prestigious and more big deal
    than a going shopping of thousand american processors and organizing them ,to create the
    fastest Network in the world. This is because Russia is developing new Technology that could replace Americans one ,while China is not.

It looks like Russia does not need to
    simulate its nuclear devices like the USA. One can laugh and dick stroke about how Russians are inferior, but
    they have always relied on mathematical approaches (e.g. asymptotic perturbation expansions) and pencil
    and paper instead of a big numerical box. They have clearly done quite well with their approach.

Correct.. Russia have no need for being in the top 10 or top 100 supercomputers. To build
    a super server just for the fun of it and bragging rights is total silly . Yeah physical simulations,
    weather ,counting stars in the galaxy?  lol1    Japan used their super computers to predict
    earthquakes and so far no one will believe they have been successful in that. The best use
    i see for Super Computer is in Entertainment industry   Very Happy  , to render those nice shots of
    3d movies in no time. but also for engineering of super giant structures.. like very long bridges
    or buildings..and very quickly do double check by hand and pencil and by computer of everything.  Russia dont need a super computer..  but they do need to d comesign completely NEW COmputers never done before ,for import substition and for security ,to replace American technology in Russia.

the next article will illustrate more about super computers.. how they are used .

But what the heck can you do with a super computer?

The short answer is: Not much. Or at least, nothing that mere mortals like you or I usually concern ourselves with.  

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/122159-what-can-you-do-with-a-supercomputer

But is not so bad.. Supercomputers is used for research by scientist. The problem however
    comes ,for the very fact that the super speed will be totally useless even in the few things
    a super computer can be used.. if the program used is not done right. So if for example you
    have 1 million computers trying to solve a mathematical problem.. but one programmer by mistake enters the wrong value or formula.. then the entire work will be wasted.  Im really
    skeptic about the benefits of them. For the fact that computers do not work with real time
    information. things that happens in the now. computer data is always recorded ,stored and is old. So if you for example enter in a super computer all the traffic accidents in the world ,and how they happened. the computer will be still unable to predict future accidents with total accuracy. all said to study the behavior of nature or of the human body and to try to predict the future by looking at old data , is doomed to failure. because such things are random and do not follow any script or predictable pattern. Japan have failed in the use of their Supercomputers to
    predict earthquakes for examples.. and Super computers will also fail to predict illness or find cure for anything. the right place for Super Computers should not be research.. or to "discover anything" in my opinion.. but simply to speed things , that human can do ,but will take them much more time.. It also can be used to organize endless data so that you can more easier study it and find exactly what you want.

So in summary Computers/super computers,are useless to discover anything new.
    Because they operate with the data that you enter ,so do not reason..
    What Super Computers can do , is help Organize Mega Tons of Information that you enter
    ,so that it will help you see things.. to better study your own information ,that is to make it easier to visualize things. but also to speed calculations in mathematics. and display graphics too.  But Super Computers will never be able to discover anything new or create new science.
    So this is the reason Why Russia don't need a "super computer" in the top positions because there is no use for it.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:49 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:Sepheronx, very positive news (an understatement) about the fabrication process for nanophotonics:

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 13 Microscheme_110615.t

Researchers from the MIPT experimentally proved that nanophotonic components based on copper can successfully work in photonic devices on a par with the components on the basis of gold and silver and copper components will soon become the basis for optoelectronic processors with thousands of cores.

"We managed to create the copper chips, optical properties are in no way inferior to the golden analogues", - transmits TASS statement of Dmitry Fedyanina leader of the study, with reference to scientific NanoLetters magazine.

"Moreover, we have achieved this in the production cycle is compatible with CMOS technology, which is the basis of all modern integrated circuits including microprocessors. It's kind of a revolution in nanophotonics, "- said Fedyanin.

Nanophotonics - area of ​​research, including working hard to replace the existing computing device components improved by using photons instead of electrons.

Nanoscale Photonic components are created on the basis of the so-called metal-dielectric nanostructures, and was previously thought that in its fundamental properties of only two metals can be used to create effective nanostructures - gold and silver.

However, in practice, to create components based on gold and silver is very difficult because both metals practically do not enter into chemical reactions, and hence the process of creating nanostructures expensive, long, and sometimes even unfeasible.

Revolutionary for photonics and computers of the future discovery made by researchers from the laboratory of nano-optics and plasmonics center nanoscale optoelectronics Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT). He was the first to make nanophotonic components based on copper, which by their characteristics are not inferior counterparts in gold.

On the basis of generalization of the theory of the so-called plasmonic metal they had in 2012 we found that the copper as an optical material can not only compete with the gold, but to surpass it.

Unlike gold, copper can be fairly easy to structure, use a liquid or plasma etching and create on its basis nanoscale components that are easily integrated into the photonic and electronic integrated circuits based on silicon.

The researchers took more than two years to purchase the necessary equipment, to develop a process, make samples, carry out a number of independent measurement and confirm this hypothesis experimentally.

Notably, the copper components were made by scientists within the standard technological process used for the production of most modern microcircuits.

These studies provide the foundation for the beginning of the practical use of copper nanophotonic and plasmonic components that will already be in the future used to create LEDs nanolasers, highly sensitive sensors and sensors for mobile devices, high-performance optoelectronic processors with up to tens of thousands of cores for graphics cards, personal computers and supercomputers.

Seeing how sepheronx is posting more frequently again, what's your thoughts on this development? The question also goes for kvs as well.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:19 pm

magnumcromagnon wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:Sepheronx, very positive news (an understatement) about the fabrication process for nanophotonics:

Seeing how sepheronx is posting more frequently again, what's your thoughts on this development? The question also goes for kvs as well.

I just got back from India so now I got time to post.

This is very important news, cause it proves that using even the current methods of producing microelectronics in Russia, they can produce something far better than what is already available, thus making the entire process significantly cheaper. Cant say much now as we do not know the real world tests on these theories, but what I can say is that Russia has moved into the right path that were they can prosper and outdo others in.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:56 am

sepheronx wrote:
    magnumcromagnon wrote:

I just got back from India so now I got time to post.

This is very important news, cause it proves that using even the current methods of producing microelectronics in Russia, they can produce something far better than what is already available, thus making the entire process significantly cheaper.  Cant say much now as we do not know the real world tests on these theories, but what I can say is that Russia has moved into the right path that were they can prosper and outdo others in.

You'll also love this news (although a bit different):

Levitating train developed by Russian scientists

Russian scientists are planning to develop the vacuum-levitation transport system until the end of the year, according to TK "Russian Railways". This was told by the chairman of the Joint Academic Council of Russian Railways Boris Lapidus.

"Flying" trains can take up to thousands of kilometers of distance and will compete with air traffic. The vehicle will be able to develop a speed of up to 1200 kilometers per hour.

"Scientists of the Siberian Branch of the Academy of Sciences in their calculations quite justify that such a train can be technically produced," said Boris Lapidus.

Experts are already discussing the details of the development - the best way to create a vacuum environment for the movement of trains and to reduce aerodynamic drag.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftvzvezda.ru%2Fnews%2Fvstrane_i_mire%2Fcontent%2F201603190232-610v.htm&edit-text=&act=url

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:22 am

Russian processor "Baikal"

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 13 Baikal01

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1807051.html
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:36 pm

I was reading comments section on sdelanounas.ru on the computer using the baikal cup and good God are people negative and making crap up. They say all components are Chinese and that nothing is Russian and import substitution is all security and none for commercial, etc etc etc. I think the website got jacked to because I don't recognize any of the posters.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:36 pm

George1 wrote:Russian processor "Baikal"

Russian Electronics: Semiconductor and Processors - Page 13 Baikal01

http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1807051.html

The MIPS architecture used by the Baikal is very good. It has better per MHz performance than Intel CPUs. But is clocked lower.
    They should push the 6 CPU format into desktop machines.

https://imgtec.com/mips/warrior/p-class-p5600-multiprocessor-core/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:15 am