Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Libyan Crisis

    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 1070
    Points : 1078
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  ultimatewarrior on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:45 pm

    Egypt wants Libya's massive oil crescent. Control of Sirte / Jufra / Sabha = control of Libya's massive oil crescent. That's why Sirte / Jufra / Sabha front is Egypt's red line. If Erdogan goes after that then yes there will be war. And a mighty big one at that.

    If you believe Egypt don't dare to fight a war against Turkey AKA world's biggest backer of Muslim Brotherhood then you gotta get your head checked.
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 1070
    Points : 1078
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  ultimatewarrior on Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:49 pm

    Tsavo Lion wrote:
    As US stepping in, I see no serious escalation over Libya. They wont let either party to grab all the power and let quagmire continue.
    I wouldn't count on it- Libya can be divided up w/o any US participation- they had enough in Iraq & Syria. Trump declared an end to interventions abroad & doesn't need another war for oil in the election year.
    He has a bigger fish to fry in the Pacific & has to realign forces for that.

    And with China building 20 massive Type 055 destroyers and 10 aircraft carriers they better. They BETTER! Stay away from Libya Yanks. Stay AWAY! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Very Happy
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 2030
    Points : 2022
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:19 pm

    ultimatewarrior wrote:
    Tsavo Lion wrote:
    As US stepping in, I see no serious escalation over Libya. They wont let either party to grab all the power and let quagmire continue.
    I wouldn't count on it- Libya can be divided up w/o any US participation- they had enough in Iraq & Syria. Trump declared an end to interventions abroad & doesn't need another war for oil in the election year.
    He has a bigger fish to fry in the Pacific & has to realign forces for that.

    And with China building 20 massive Type 055 destroyers and 10 aircraft carriers they better. They BETTER! Stay away from Libya Yanks. Stay AWAY! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Very Happy

    China has planned to build Eight type 55's and isn't going to build 10 CV's.

    I have no idea where you get such terrible information.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 6183
    Points : 6175
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  Isos on Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:47 pm

    China has planned to build Eight type 55's and isn't going to build 10 CV's.

    I have no idea where you get such terrible information.

    Well they have tens of islands transformed into "carriers" that are directly threatening world trades roues.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 6183
    Points : 6175
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  Isos on Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:51 pm

    No bombing reported. They only broke the sound barrier. Just a show of force.


    Babak Taghvaee - Μπάπακ Τακβαίε - بابک تقوایی (B)
    ·
    21h
    #BREAKING: Almost an hour ago, several #Egyptian Air Force's F-16C/D fighter jets left Sidi-Barrani Air Base in northwest of #Egypt & are headed toward #Misrata. We might see some fireworks tonight! It also can be a show of force to #GNA!

    Babak Taghvaee - Μπάπακ Τακβαίε - بابک تقوایی (B)
    ·
    21h
    #BREAKING: At-least one Airbus A330-243MRTT tanker of #UAE Air Force is airborne to refuel the F-16C/Ds during their mission over #Libya. It is still not clear whether this is a show of force or they are going to bomb #GNA in #Misrata!
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 1070
    Points : 1078
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  ultimatewarrior on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:21 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    ultimatewarrior wrote:
    Tsavo Lion wrote:
    As US stepping in, I see no serious escalation over Libya. They wont let either party to grab all the power and let quagmire continue.
    I wouldn't count on it- Libya can be divided up w/o any US participation- they had enough in Iraq & Syria. Trump declared an end to interventions abroad & doesn't need another war for oil in the election year.
    He has a bigger fish to fry in the Pacific & has to realign forces for that.

    And with China building 20 massive Type 055 destroyers and 10 aircraft carriers they better. They BETTER! Stay away from Libya Yanks. Stay AWAY! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Very Happy

    China has planned to build Eight type 55's and isn't going to build 10 CV's.

    I have no idea where you get such terrible information.

    A lot more than 8 Type 055. 8 is only the first batch. Do you know how many Type 052D were built? Do you know?


    Last edited by ultimatewarrior on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 4449
    Points : 4445
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:25 pm

    Well they have tens of islands transformed into "carriers" that are directly threatening world trades roues.
    that's the US & Japanese propaganda. The SC Sea can be bypassed w/o much $ lost. China's SLOCs around SE Asia r threatened more by the USN, & that's why the infamous 9 dash line in the SC Sea & the "string of pearls" bases/ports.
    The US hides behind the fig leaf of UNCLOS which it didn't ratify & "freedom of navigation" to justify its containment efforts towards the PRC.
    Back to topic, Egypt will create a security & no-fly zone in E. Libya; the locally extracted oil will pay for it. The US Neocons who dreamed of this scheme for Iraq can eat their hats.
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3914
    Points : 3998
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  medo on Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:11 pm

    Isos wrote:No bombing reported. They only broke the sound barrier. Just a show of force.


    Babak Taghvaee - Μπάπακ Τακβαίε - بابک تقوایی (B)
    ·
    21h
    #BREAKING: Almost an hour ago, several #Egyptian Air Force's F-16C/D fighter jets left Sidi-Barrani Air Base in northwest of #Egypt & are headed toward #Misrata. We might see some fireworks tonight! It also can be a show of force to #GNA!

    Babak Taghvaee - Μπάπακ Τακβαίε - بابک تقوایی (B)
    ·
    21h
    #BREAKING: At-least one Airbus A330-243MRTT tanker of #UAE Air Force is airborne to refuel the F-16C/Ds during their mission over #Libya. It is still not clear whether this is a show of force or they are going to bomb #GNA in #Misrata!

    https://twitter.com/ForSpokesman/status/1274800141988507648

    This could be connected with No fly zone, which LNA imposed over Sirt region.

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Ebd_ms10
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 1070
    Points : 1078
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  ultimatewarrior on Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:25 pm

    medo wrote:
    Isos wrote:No bombing reported. They only broke the sound barrier. Just a show of force.


    Babak Taghvaee - Μπάπακ Τακβαίε - بابک تقوایی (B)
    ·
    21h
    #BREAKING: Almost an hour ago, several #Egyptian Air Force's F-16C/D fighter jets left Sidi-Barrani Air Base in northwest of #Egypt & are headed toward #Misrata. We might see some fireworks tonight! It also can be a show of force to #GNA!

    Babak Taghvaee - Μπάπακ Τακβαίε - بابک تقوایی (B)
    ·
    21h
    #BREAKING: At-least one Airbus A330-243MRTT tanker of #UAE Air Force is airborne to refuel the F-16C/Ds during their mission over #Libya. It is still not clear whether this is a show of force or they are going to bomb #GNA in #Misrata!

    https://twitter.com/ForSpokesman/status/1274800141988507648

    This could be connected with No fly zone, which LNA imposed over Sirt region.

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Ebd_ms10

    I wouldn't be surprised if UAE deploys Patriot PAC 3, France deploys MiG-29M/M2 and Rafale, Greece deploys F-16 Block 52+ to enforce LNA No Fly Zone over Sirte / Jufra / Sabha. They know Putin is in bed with Erdogan because Erdogan refuses to activate S-400 to make Putin his personal slave so they don't exactly trust Putin either.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 4449
    Points : 4445
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:31 pm

    Russia & Turkey r rivals in Libya, not to mention Syria. S-400s wouldn't be bought if they weren't needed or politically unacceptable- pl. stop posting nonsense.
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 1070
    Points : 1078
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  ultimatewarrior on Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:34 pm

    Tsavo Lion wrote:Russia & Turkey r rivals in Libya, not to mention Syria. S-400s wouldn't be bought if they weren't needed or politically unacceptable- pl. stop posting nonsense.

    The only reason Erdogan bought S-400 is to make Putin his personal slave. Think about why Erdogan will never activate S-400. It's called Low Hanging Fruit LHF.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 6183
    Points : 6175
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  Isos on Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:50 pm

    ultimatewarrior wrote:
    Tsavo Lion wrote:Russia & Turkey r rivals in Libya, not to mention Syria. S-400s wouldn't be bought if they weren't needed or politically unacceptable- pl. stop posting nonsense.

    The only reason Erdogan bought S-400 is to make Putin his personal slave. Think about why Erdogan will never activate S-400. It's called Low Hanging Fruit LHF.

    You are wrong. Tgere was a nice thread on twitter made by a turk that tells what happened behind the scebe about the s-400.

    The S-400 is playing against Erdogan. US want him removed. Russia is protecting him because it destroys NATO. Libya is less important for Russians than removing Turkey from NATO.

    The day they think they are losing their time with Turkey they will just improve their presence in Libya and Syria and retake both country totally.

    Right now their main objectif is Turkey out of NATO. Both Libya and Eastern/Northern Syria are less important. That's why they tolerate Turkish presence there as they fight directly US/EU interests (Kurds/Haftar) and that pisses off their relations abd Erdogan think he is the new sultan retaking its empire which again pisses off arabs and EU/US. Putin is laughing at that. S-400 is just puting some salt on NATO wounds...

    Cyberspec likes this post

    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 2030
    Points : 2022
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:13 pm

    Isos wrote:
    ultimatewarrior wrote:
    Tsavo Lion wrote:Russia & Turkey r rivals in Libya, not to mention Syria. S-400s wouldn't be bought if they weren't needed or politically unacceptable- pl. stop posting nonsense.

    The only reason Erdogan bought S-400 is to make Putin his personal slave. Think about why Erdogan will never activate S-400. It's called Low Hanging Fruit LHF.

    You are wrong. Tgere was a nice thread on twitter made by a turk that tells what happened behind the scebe about the s-400.

    The S-400 is playing against Erdogan. US want him removed. Russia is protecting him because it destroys NATO. Libya is less important for Russians than removing Turkey from NATO.

    The day they think they are losing their time with Turkey they will just improve their presence in Libya and Syria and retake both country totally.

    Right now their main objectif is Turkey out of NATO. Both Libya and Eastern/Northern Syria are less important. That's why they tolerate Turkish presence there as they fight directly US/EU interests (Kurds/Haftar) and that pisses off their relations abd Erdogan think he is the new sultan retaking its empire which again pisses off arabs and EU/US. Putin is laughing at that. S-400 is just puting some salt on NATO wounds...

    Russia is not stupid enough to think Turkey will ever be removed from NATO, if you think that's going to happen you are crazy.

    The straight is far too important for NATO, so they will put up with Ero's crap because of this and he knows it.

    So no that is not Russia goal because they know that goal is beyond feasible.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 6183
    Points : 6175
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  Isos on Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:11 am

    Russia is not stupid enough to think Turkey will ever be removed from NATO, if you think that's going to happen you are crazy.

    The straight is far too important for NATO, so they will put up with Ero's crap because of this and he knows it.

    So no that is not Russia goal because they know that goal is beyond feasible.

    I never said they will succeed.

    NATO can close its eyes on Erdogan but not the countries themselves. NATO is a military (terrorist) organization that is under military control so they will always think Turkey is strategical.

    But countries part of NATO are against midern Turkey. US politicians hate Erdogan and US citizen too thanks to mainstream media. They rejected him from f-35 program and removed all stuff from Incirlik base incluing nuks. That's not nothing.

    France wish just one thing: Erdogan killed in a coup and let them become a third workd country.

    Greece is almost at war with them and is supported by all NATO countries.

    Germany hates Turkey just line all EU because of the blackmailing with migrants.

    Erdogan is untouchable thanks to Russia. Russia keeps him untouchable because he pisses off all the west and now even Arabs. It's all good if he keeps like that because either he keeps pissing off west or west destroys him and Turkey. Erdogan forgot he has no nuk, no strategical weapons, no oil or gaz, no big economy and its army is totally dependant on NATO. He is playing like he is Putin but he is not. He doesn't have Putin's cards in his hands.

    Third scenario would be that he go back to pre-su24 shooting down but he won't because he is now too much hungry about its dreams of becoming the new Sultan.

    He will lead Turkey to its destruction for sure.
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 1070
    Points : 1078
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  ultimatewarrior on Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:22 am

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    ultimatewarrior wrote:
    Tsavo Lion wrote:Russia & Turkey r rivals in Libya, not to mention Syria. S-400s wouldn't be bought if they weren't needed or politically unacceptable- pl. stop posting nonsense.

    The only reason Erdogan bought S-400 is to make Putin his personal slave. Think about why Erdogan will never activate S-400. It's called Low Hanging Fruit LHF.

    You are wrong. Tgere was a nice thread on twitter made by a turk that tells what happened behind the scebe about the s-400.

    The S-400 is playing against Erdogan. US want him removed. Russia is protecting him because it destroys NATO. Libya is less important for Russians than removing Turkey from NATO.

    The day they think they are losing their time with Turkey they will just improve their presence in Libya and Syria and retake both country totally.

    Right now their main objectif is Turkey out of NATO. Both Libya and Eastern/Northern Syria are less important. That's why they tolerate Turkish presence there as they fight directly US/EU interests (Kurds/Haftar) and that pisses off their relations abd Erdogan think he is the new sultan retaking its empire which again pisses off arabs and EU/US. Putin is laughing at that. S-400 is just puting some salt on NATO wounds...

    Russia is not stupid enough to think Turkey will ever be removed from NATO, if you think that's going to happen you are crazy.

    The straight is far too important for NATO, so they will put up with Ero's crap because of this and he knows it.

    So no that is not Russia goal because they know that goal is beyond feasible.

    The Bosporous strait ain't that strategic anymore. Russia has plenty of Pacific ports and a bridge is being built to connect Sakhalin to Russian mainland. Even if Turkey closes Bosporous strait they can't stop Russia because Russia has Pacific ports.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

    Posts : 4724
    Points : 4702
    Join date : 2016-11-06

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  miketheterrible on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:03 am

    I don't think it's as hardcore as that in the Turkish and Russian relations

    I think Russia simply has given enough to Turkey to form it's own protection as a "what if" when US and Turkish relations drop further and also a olive branch to Turkey so that it is never in Turkeys interest to try and outright screw Russia when Turkish and US relations improve
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 1070
    Points : 1078
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  ultimatewarrior on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:11 am

    miketheterrible wrote:I don't think it's as hardcore as that in the Turkish and Russian relations

    I think Russia simply has given enough to Turkey to form it's own protection as a "what if" when US and Turkish relations drop further and also a olive branch to Turkey so that it is never in Turkeys interest to try and outright screw Russia when Turkish and US relations improve

    Appeasement didn't work with Hitler and it sure won't work with Erdogan. The only thing Erdogan understands is force. That's why UAE, France, Egypt, Greece set up No Fly Zone over Sirte / Jafra / Sabha front. Any F-16 that flies there will go ka boom ka ka boom. This is the only language people like Hitler and Erdogan understand.
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 4449
    Points : 4445
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:42 am

    By expanding to ME & N. Africa., Erdogan tries to prevent the breakup of Turkey itself. https://regnum.ru/news/polit/2989243.html

    I doubt he'll succeed, being stuck between Greeks, Kurds, Israelis, Russians, Iranians, & Egyptians.
    Time will tell!


    Last edited by Tsavo Lion on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add link)
    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 25917
    Points : 26463
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  GarryB on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:07 am

    The only reason Erdogan bought S-400 is to make Putin his personal slave. Think about why Erdogan will never activate S-400. It's called Low Hanging Fruit LHF.

    I don't understand what your point is... Erdogan has bought S-400s and wants more and will try to get an agreement to produce at least the missiles locally... the purchase alone has driven a stake in relations with the US for Turkey.... Turkey wont be getting F-35s... which is probably a fantastic escape for Turkey to be honest, but Turkey was a major partner in the F-35 programme and makes wings for the programme and wont be so easy to kick out of the programme. They will likely also want a refund for the 100 F-35s they are probably not going to get now... that is billions of dollars of orders for an aircraft that was supposed to be cheap because they were all going to order lots of them... but the price is very high and that means every customer has reduced their orders... which actually makes them even more expensive... a cancellation of these F-35s for Turkey will make them even more expensive even after they organise another company to make wing parts for them...

    It doesn't matter if Erdogan turns his S-400 systems on or not... they are paid for so why would Putin care what Erdogan does with them... for all it matters to Russia they could use them to launch sounding rockets into the air for atmospheric tests and weather prediction... Russia got paid and products were delivered and the Turkish military said the performance of the radars and missiles they tested was even better than promised... If anything I would say it was a good deal for both sides... and totally irrelevant to Libya.

    Even if Turkey took their new S-400 batteries to Libya to form an air defence shield it wouldn't make that much difference... the S-400 is a potent system but could be overwhelmed with cheap simple stand off weapons... eventually they will run out of missiles or missile shipments can be intercepted and destroyed.
    medo
    medo

    Posts : 3914
    Points : 3998
    Join date : 2010-10-24
    Location : Slovenia

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  medo on Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:49 am

    You are all looking in wrong direction. It's all about Israel. This is zioglobalist plan, that Israel become global hegemon, that Jews will rule the World with their Mesiah from Jerusalem. To reach that goal, all big powers must be destroyed. It's their plan, that regional powers destroy each other in wars, like war between Turkey, Greece, Egypt and Iran, KSA, etc. To spread war through migrants and Turkey to destroy Europe, to confront NATO and Russia, to provoke civil war in US and to destroy India, Pakistan and China in regional nuclear war. What will remain, will be ruled by sole global nuclear power Israel. Zioglobalists are the real power behind the scene as they have all money, debt, power, medias, miltinational companies, etc in their hands and they pull all the strings, like the spider in his net.
    Isos
    Isos

    Posts : 6183
    Points : 6175
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  Isos on Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:30 pm

    Funny thing, Haftar is a CIA guy and used to overthrow Ghadafi. Now he works with Russia, Egypt and Assad.

    Another failure for the CIA.

    But that will work against him. Neither Sisi nor Russia will support him if he takes the country. He will be quickly replaced by an anti US guy.
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 1070
    Points : 1078
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  ultimatewarrior on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:56 pm

    GarryB wrote:
    The only reason Erdogan bought S-400 is to make Putin his personal slave. Think about why Erdogan will never activate S-400. It's called Low Hanging Fruit LHF.

    I don't understand what your point is... Erdogan has bought S-400s and wants more and will try to get an agreement to produce at least the missiles locally... the purchase alone has driven a stake in relations with the US for Turkey.... Turkey wont be getting F-35s... which is probably a fantastic escape for Turkey to be honest, but Turkey was a major partner in the F-35 programme and makes wings for the programme and wont be so easy to kick out of the programme. They will likely also want a refund for the 100 F-35s they are probably not going to get now... that is billions of dollars of orders for an aircraft that was supposed to be cheap because they were all going to order lots of them... but the price is very high and that means every customer has reduced their orders... which actually makes them even more expensive... a cancellation of these F-35s for Turkey will make them even more expensive even after they organise another company to make wing parts for them...

    It doesn't matter if Erdogan turns his S-400 systems on or not... they are paid for so why would Putin care what Erdogan does with them... for all it matters to Russia they could use them to launch sounding rockets into the air for atmospheric tests and weather prediction... Russia got paid and products were delivered and the Turkish military said the performance of the radars and missiles they tested was even better than promised... If anything I would say it was a good deal for both sides... and totally irrelevant to Libya.

    Even if Turkey took their new S-400 batteries to Libya to form an air defence shield it wouldn't make that much difference... the S-400 is a potent system but could be overwhelmed with cheap simple stand off weapons... eventually they will run out of missiles or missile shipments can be intercepted and destroyed.

    Good cop bad cop. Turkey gives S-400 to Uncle Sam and gets F-35 from Uncle Sam. EU gives Turkey billions of free refugee money anyway so it's not like Turkey is buying S-400 out of its own pocket.
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 1070
    Points : 1078
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  ultimatewarrior on Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:57 pm

    Isos wrote:Funny thing, Haftar is a CIA guy and used to overthrow Ghadafi. Now he works with Russia, Egypt and Assad.

    Another failure for the CIA.

    But that will work against him. Neither Sisi nor Russia will support him if he takes the country. He will be quickly replaced by an anti US guy.

    US doesn't care who Haftar is. US backs the side that fights Russia. In Syria that be FSA. In Libya that be GNA. If Russia backs GNA then US backs Haftar to fight Russia.
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

    Posts : 1332
    Points : 1510
    Join date : 2010-11-11
    Location : The Land Of Pharaohs

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  ahmedfire on Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:56 pm

    ultimatewarrior wrote:Egypt wants Libya's massive oil crescent. Control of Sirte / Jufra / Sabha = control of Libya's massive oil crescent. That's why Sirte / Jufra / Sabha front is Egypt's red line. If Erdogan goes after that then yes there will be war. And a mighty big one at that.

    If you believe Egypt don't dare to fight a war against Turkey AKA world's biggest backer of Muslim Brotherhood then you gotta get your head checked.

    Egypt needs the Libyan oil to be only for the Libyans ,not for Turkey or Egypt or anyone .We didn't trade with their oil since their country was broken ,simply Egypt doesn't act like Turkey did with the Syrian oil .
    ahmedfire
    ahmedfire

    Posts : 1332
    Points : 1510
    Join date : 2010-11-11
    Location : The Land Of Pharaohs

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  ahmedfire on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:01 pm


    Funny comments about the Egyptian airforce and ground forces .Very Happy

    Well , the fact is Egypt announced the initiative since 17 days and from that time the GNA backed Turkey didn't even fire one bullet .

    The last Sisi's message was clear , move to Sirte and we will come directly to you Twisted Evil

    Sponsored content

    Libyan Crisis - Page 39 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:20 am