Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+27
franco
Firebird
KiloGolf
JohninMK
kvs
Godric
AlfaT8
2SPOOKY4U
Hannibal Barca
higurashihougi
arpakola
Mike E
macedonian
Ice Man
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
milky_candy_sugar
BTRfan
Deep Throat
Admin
medo
GarryB
Regular
flamming_python
gaurav
Viktor
d_taddei2
31 posters

Scottish Indepedence

KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Scottish Indepedence - Page 4 Empty Re: Scottish Indepedence

Post  KiloGolf Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:40 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:
    Godric wrote:early next year will see the 2nd Scottish Independence referendum .... we will not be a member Nato will make a stipulation of Scotland's continuing of basing the rUKs nuclear deterrent at faslane  which will never be accepted by any political party in Scotland accept from the Scottish tories

Don't mix these two issues. Shetland and Orkney will gladly keep the UK, same for major cities and counties in Scotland itself.
    If SNP wants to become the New Palestinian authority, they can go right ahead.

WTF has this to do with Ukraine???

It's a fitting response to a separatist post here. Move on and a direct your "WTF" posts elsewhere.
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:51 pm

KiloGolf wrote:
    Godric wrote:early next year will see the 2nd Scottish Independence referendum .... we will not be a member Nato will make a stipulation of Scotland's continuing of basing the rUKs nuclear deterrent at faslane  which will never be accepted by any political party in Scotland accept from the Scottish tories

Don't mix these two issues. Shetland and Orkney will gladly keep the UK, same for major cities and counties in Scotland itself.

seriously you are like John you haven't a clue when it comes to Scotland Shetlands and Okney's are both Scottish and have been part of Scotland or indigenous Scotland for 2000 years out of the past 2,400 years ... you have 1 lib dem councillor shouting his mouth of equating to Independence for Orkney's and shetlands ffs

my response was to Militarov's in regards to Nato bombing Serbia and the SNP were deeply opposed to Nato's bombing at the time ... SNP are very much pro UN and abiding by the UN

oh and john their will be another Indy vote early next year
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Godric wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:

seriously you are like John you haven't a clue when it comes to Scotland Shetlands and Okney's are both Scottish and have been part of Scotland or indigenous Scotland for 2000 years out of the past 2,400 years ... you have 1 lib dem councillor shouting his mouth of equating to Independence for Orkney's and shetlands ffs

my response was to Militarov's in regards to Nato bombing Serbia and the SNP were deeply opposed to Nato's bombing at the time  ... SNP are very much pro UN and abiding by the UN

oh and john their will be another Indy vote early next year

Insallah brother lol1
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:35 pm

KiloGolf wrote:

That picture is so ugly, its almost funny.
    Thats Muslim's smugness is only overshadowed by his disbelief that the woman can be so moronic.

I've no doubt that the way things are going, Britain will be much like 1990s Chechnya in around 20 or so years. Britain is already some kind of Orwellian state with all its harrassment of indigeneous citizens trying to speak their mind. The cops have to report "hate incidents" when no crime was commited but someone expresses disapproval eg of immigration. But if you try and report a real crime eg a violent attack/robbery/burglary etc they often refuse to record it because it might lower their "successful clearup" figures.

I got banned from Facebook this week for pointing out that a Pakistani is not "British". And I cited ASIAN newspapers in Britain as my authority. Because every single Asian in Britain was described as "Asian" not "British" or "Asian British" in it
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:41 pm

Firebird wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:

That picture is so ugly, its almost funny.
    Thats Muslim's smugness is only overshadowed by his disbelief that the woman can be so moronic.

I've no doubt that the way things are going, Britain will be much like 1990s Chechnya in around 20 or so years. Britain is already some kind of Orwellian state with all its harrassment of indigeneous citizens trying to speak their mind. The cops have to report "hate incidents" when no crime was commited but someone expresses disapproval eg of immigration. But if you try and report a real crime eg a violent attack/robbery/burglary etc they often refuse to record it because it might lower their "successful clearup" figures.

I got banned from Facebook this week for pointing out that a Pakistani is not "British". And I cited ASIAN newspapers in Britain as my authority. Because every single Asian in Britain was described as "Asian" not "British" or "Asian British" in it

muslims make up 0.5% of Scotland's population and the Scottish first Minister is the first minister of all of Scotland ... and by wearing a headscarf in place of muslim worship she is being respectful of their faith ... Scotland is a country of many faiths and No faith
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:43 pm

Godric wrote:muslims make up 0.5% of Scotland's population and the Scottish first Minister is the first minister of all of Scotland ... and by wearing a headscarf in place of muslim worship she is being respectful of their faith ... Scotland is a country of many faiths and No faith

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Scottish Indepedence - Page 4 Empty temp scot independence

Post  JohninMK Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:19 am

KiloGolf wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:

WTF has this to do with Ukraine???

It's a fitting response to a separatist post here. Move on and a direct your "WTF" posts elsewhere.

No problem. As you  instruct I will direct my WTF posts at any posts that take a thread here totally off topic.

EDIT

This post was moved, with others, from the Ukraine thread to take the Scottish stuff out of it and bring it here.

Last edited by JohninMK on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:05 pm

KiloGolf wrote:
    Godric wrote:muslims make up 0.5% of Scotland's population and the Scottish first Minister is the first minister of all of Scotland ... and by wearing a headscarf in place of muslim worship she is being respectful of their faith ... Scotland is a country of many faiths and No faith

we don't like what is going on in the West Bank .... Israel will face sanctions from Scotland when we leave the UK and we won't be kow towed by America to drop them
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:00 pm

Great thought but that will hardly have the Israelis quaking in their boots and planning a change in strategy.
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:14 pm

JohninMK wrote:Great thought but that will hardly have the Israelis quaking in their boots and planning a change in strategy.

it sets a precedence .... Israel does not take kindly to being criticised .... it will hurt more because Scotland is the only country not to have persecuted Jews in Europe ... Scotland has been a sanctuary for Jews throughout the centuries

in Scotland standing up to their illegal settlements hopefully other countries in the EU and beyond follow suit
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:18 pm

Godric wrote:Israel will face sanctions from Scotland when we leave the UK and we won't be kow towed by America to drop them

Sure lol!
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:40 pm

KiloGolf wrote:
    Godric wrote:Israel will face sanctions from Scotland when we leave the UK and we won't be kow towed by America to drop them

Sure lol!

remind us how it went with Scotland telling the US to mind their own business in regards to the so called Lockerbie bomber abdelbaset al megrahi convicted on the grounds of evidence provided by 2 paid CIA informants (unknown at the time) when we announced we were releasing him .... we don't answer to America and the SNP government has heavily criticised the Israelis government and stated they would put sanctions on them
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:33 am

Such a shame that your dream may never be realised. But then at least the impotence of a probably poor and small country will not be exposed.
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:49 pm

JohninMK wrote:Such a shame that your dream may never be realised. But then at least the impotence of a probably poor and small country will not be exposed.

seriously you haven't a clue John ... if threats and bullying is the UK establishment is the only tools left to keep the UK "United" then it is obvious that union is finished ... i think you will find the rest of the UK will lose way more For example its seat in the permanent council of the UN as you will no longer be the UK, over £65 billion exports to Scotland all Scotland's exports will leave from Scottish ports and airports 10s of thousands of oil and gas jobs in England back to Scotland you have very little oil and Gas and the maritime borders will have to be redrawn back to 1999 when the westminster redrew Scottish maritime borders without the consent of Scotland and UNCLOS when the rUK grabbed 6,000 square miles of Scotland's maritime waters ... we have vast amounts of oil and gas reserves worth trillions in even todays prices, we have large deposits of gold untapped over 200 tonnes in one site alone nr Loch Lomond ... i think you will find we will do just fine
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:07 pm

Godric wrote:
    JohninMK wrote:Such a shame that your dream may never be realised. But then at least the impotence of a probably poor and small country will not be exposed.

seriously you haven't a clue John ... if threats and bullying is the UK establishment is the only tools left to keep the UK "United" then it is obvious that union is finished ... i think you will find the rest of the UK will lose way more  For example its seat in the permanent council of the UN as you will no longer be the UK, over £65 billion exports to Scotland all Scotland's exports will leave from Scottish ports and airports 10s of thousands of oil and gas jobs in England back to Scotland you have very little oil and Gas and the maritime borders will have to be redrawn back to 1999 when the westminster redrew Scottish maritime borders without the consent of Scotland and UNCLOS when the rUK grabbed 6,000 square miles of Scotland's maritime waters ... we have vast amounts of oil and gas reserves worth trillions in even todays prices, we have large deposits of gold untapped over 200 tonnes in one site alone nr Loch Lomond ... i think you will find we will do just fine
    As I have said, I love your optimism and hope. I wish you God speed and, from the perspective of serf in middle England I hope it all happens and we lose both Scotland and the seat on the UNSC. But, I am not sure:

- that anyone other than a few in Scotland will be aware that they are being "bullied", it will be part of an honest, open and factual discussion of the financial implications of independence

- what we export that is worth £65B to Scotland and if we do where the alternative economic supply is for you as Scots will still want their Range Rovers, Astras, Nissans etc. Just as we will still want you whiskey etc

- if it was economic then Scotland's exports would already be going from Scotland's ports/airports. As I have said before, even most of your salmon goes via Heathrow as cargo in planes leaving from there. Those planes will never go to their destinations from Scotland

- there are no longer 10s of thousands of jobs in oil. With oil under $50 new undersea fields are no longer viable and exploration in them around the world has virtually stopped

- as the last point, ownership of the seabed is now irrelevant. But you are welcome to it as restitution costs are going to be serious

- good luck with the gold.
    franco
    franco

Post  franco Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:57 pm

Troll much Very Happy
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:47 pm

The Scottish First Minister has just announced she will be starting the process for a 2nd Scottish Independence referendum the UK is in a spin with support for Independence at 50% without even campaigning with the Scottish Greens the Yes movement has the majority in Holyrood again .... bring it f**king on

http://news.sky.com/story/sturgeon-seeks-second-scottish-independence-referendum-10800578

stick yer trident up the Thames
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:12 am

Can I ask Godric, how has this evolved...

Scotland is sick of being dictated to by London, but will leave the Britian to be dictated to by Brussels.

I just find it odd.

I mean I can semi understand it in the sense that we here in New Zealand wanted independence from London, but wanted to remain part of the british commonwealth... but that was mostly economic and really has no real meaning now as the EU dictates trade to us now.

For instance France murders a photographer in New Zealand and then threatens us that we wont be able to trade within the EU if we don't just shut up and ignore their act of terrorism.

No help from the UK and silence of course from interpol... I think a lot of New Zealanders started to turn to the US after all that...
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:45 pm

GarryB wrote:Can I ask Godric, how has this evolved...

Scotland is sick of being dictated to by London, but will leave the Britian to be dictated to by Brussels.

I just find it odd.

I mean I can semi understand it in the sense that we here in New Zealand wanted independence from London, but wanted to remain part of the british commonwealth... but that was mostly economic and really has no real meaning now as the EU dictates trade to us now.

For instance France murders a photographer in New Zealand and then threatens us that we wont be able to trade within the EU if we don't just shut up and ignore their act of terrorism.

No help from the UK and silence of course from interpol... I think a lot of New Zealanders started to turn to the US after all that...

Brussels is very different from Westminster/London our parliament has very little control over everything that matters leaving the UK and remaining in the EU will give Holyrood control over almost everything ... only a small percentage of power will be transferred over to Brussels ... you have to understand Scotland's history to understand our connection with Europe ... The Scottish alliance with France is the oldest in history dating back to 1296 AD and is still in operation 720 years later

and with Scotland leaving the UK it throws a massive spanner in Nato they would lose control of a massive area of the North Atlantic
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:38 pm

Scottish parliament backs new referendum on independence

More:
    http://tass.com/world/938085
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:03 pm

Godric wrote:

I just find it odd.

Brussels is very different from Westminster/London our parliament has very little control over everything that matters leaving the UK and remaining in the EU will give Holyrood control over almost everything ... only a small percentage of power will be transferred over to Brussels ... you have to understand Scotland's history to understand our connection with Europe ... The Scottish alliance with France is the oldest in history dating back to 1296 AD and is still in operation 720 years later

and with Scotland leaving the UK it throws a massive spanner in Nato they would lose control of a massive area of the North Atlantic

Don't see how being a small fish in a big pond can be any better than being a small fish in a small pond.

Scotland should just arrive at a compromise with Westminister on their respective differences and let it be. Scotland will never have everything it wants but in the long run it will certainly keep more of what it wants by being part of the UK then by becoming part of the EU and then slowly having more and more of its independence and identity eroded away in favour of a 'European' one and creeping military, political, cultural centralization. And the worst thing is that this will happen slowly and gently enough so that it doesn't build up a crucial amount of dissent and backlash (boiling the frog slowly rather than quickly), and what's more you'll eventually end up wanting all that stuff yourself - it will feel like an 'evolution' of public opinion whereas in fact what is happening is indoctrination under the influence of the media and EU-obsessed political elites.

There already was a referendum 3 years ago.. and the majority of the Scottish population decided that they want to remain part of the British crown and share in its decisions. That also entails going along with its international decisions; be it wars or be it memberships of this or that economic union. On the EU the British public made a united decision and you can't claim Scotland didn't have its say. If it was a war the government wouldn't have even asked. But people knew all this and voted for staying in the UK anyway.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:35 am

The issue now, even after the vote in Holyrood today, is that there will be no new vote on independence until after the UK has left the EU. It is as simple as that.

Even if there was the will in the UK Parliament to allow it, which there isn't, there will not be enough Parliamentary time to process it through given all the other work they will have to do surrounding Brexit.

So Scotland, whether it likes it or not, and there is some debate on the subject, will be out in a couple of years. If it then votes to be independent then it can decide whether to re-apply.
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:47 am

flamming_python wrote:
    Godric wrote:

I just find it odd.

Don't see how being a small fish in a big pond can be any better than being a small fish in a small pond.

Scotland should just arrive at a compromise with Westminister on their respective differences and let it be. Scotland will never have everything it wants but in the long run it will certainly keep more of what it wants by being part of the UK then by becoming part of the EU and then slowly having more and more of its independence and identity eroded away in favour of a 'European' one and creeping military, political, cultural centralization. And the worst thing is that this will happen slowly and gently enough so that it doesn't build up a crucial amount of dissent and backlash (boiling the frog slowly rather than quickly), and what's more you'll eventually end up wanting all that stuff yourself - it will feel like an 'evolution' of public opinion whereas in fact what is happening is indoctrination under the influence of the media and EU-obsessed political elites.

There already was a referendum 3 years ago.. and the majority of the Scottish population decided that they want to remain part of the British crown and share in its decisions. That also entails going along with its international decisions; be it wars or be it memberships of this or that economic union. On the EU the British public made a united decision and you can't claim Scotland didn't have its say. If it was a war the government wouldn't have even asked. But people knew all this and voted for staying in the UK anyway.

a lot has changed since then ... and the UK had their chance to deliver the federalism they promised to win that vote .... Scotland might be small but we are bigger than the Netherlands and Belgium combined ... we have vast reserves of oil and gas around our entire maritime waters

Scottish Indepedence - Page 4 16298699_1249442848467053_6393323469449220761_n

this is our reality within the UK
    Scottish Indepedence - Page 4 17426214_1831670497102016_5662268035216341799_n

we pre date almost every country in Europe Scotland/Alba (Ala-Pa) was founded in 862 AD

JohninMK wrote:The issue now, even after the vote in Holyrood today, is that there will be no new vote on independence until after the UK has left the EU. It is as simple as that.

Even if there was the will in the UK Parliament to allow it, which there isn't, there will not be enough Parliamentary time to process it through given all the other work they will have to do surrounding Brexit.

So Scotland, whether it likes it or not, and there is some debate on the subject, will be out in a couple of years. If it then votes to be independent then it can decide whether to re-apply.

they can't stop it all SNP needs to do is resign all of their 56 seats and we campaign on the grounds of a simple majority = Independence quite simply win 30 of those 56 seats and declare independence

Scottish Indepedence - Page 4 17240237_10211154885000732_6710845567594471171_o
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:03 am

Godric wrote:

they can't stop it all SNP needs to do is resign all of their 56 seats and we campaign on the grounds of a simple majority = Independence quite simply win 30 of those 56 seats and declare independence
    Its not that simple, Scotland is not a sovereign country, it is part of the UK and only Westminster can legally break the Union. You would have to declare some kind of unilateral declaration of independence.

Anyway, would the Scottish people accept some kind of 'first past the MSP post, vote on my behalf' deal? Surely they would want their own vote, you know, a referendum?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:49 am

But this is a unique case and the west loves giving independence to unique cases... hahahahaha

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:04 am