Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+27
franco
Firebird
KiloGolf
JohninMK
kvs
Godric
AlfaT8
2SPOOKY4U
Hannibal Barca
higurashihougi
arpakola
Mike E
macedonian
Ice Man
Werewolf
magnumcromagnon
milky_candy_sugar
BTRfan
Deep Throat
Admin
medo
GarryB
Regular
flamming_python
gaurav
Viktor
d_taddei2
31 posters

Scottish Indepedence

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Scottish Indepedence Empty Scottish Indepedence

Post  d_taddei2 Sat May 11, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi all, as some of you may already know Scotland is voting on independance on the 18th September 2014. I personally believe we should be independant.
    But i also see this as an good opportunity for Russia to make a good ally, not it terms of military might but, in terms of an western European ally, as Scotland wont be getting involved in USA, France, and UK led wars or arming rebels in various parts of the world. And with Scotland not being apart of the UK this will reduce the UK military aswell as economy which in a sense make it weaker in terms of flexing its muscle on the world stage. I also believe that when Scotland forms its defence force that Russian equipment would be ideal, as the UK has stated that wont get all the latest equipment and maybe given some reserve equipment which i am sure will be rejected and a cash alternative will be provided, this option has already been mentioned when Typhoons were mentioned. I think he YAK 130 with is versatility and cheapness would be ideal for a defence force. So Russia could win a few defence contracts aswell.

So my question to you is do you think Russia should advise/help Scotland gain independance or form closer relations with Scotland now? and what the benefits could be? any views would be welcome (but please dont bother with anti Scottish ones).
    Viktor
    Viktor

Scottish Indepedence Empty Re: Scottish Indepedence

Post  Viktor Sat May 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Im aware of the Scottish independence voting. As I remember Scotland owns some huge oil field and perhaps Scotland and Russia could

find common interest there. As for the weapons I believe Russian weapons give best efficiency/price ratio.
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav Sat May 11, 2013 4:20 pm

And with Scotland not being apart of the UK this will reduce the
    UK military aswell as economy which in a sense make it weaker in terms of flexing its muscle on the world stage.

Exactly. THIS MUST BE THE GOAL OF SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE.

I like that. Twisted Evil
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat May 11, 2013 4:27 pm

Scotland will not be independent in this case; it will simply become another micro-state controlled by the EU.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sat May 11, 2013 6:45 pm

Flaming_Python, yeah You are right or they could always follow Belarus model and stay truly independent although isolated. They only need a guy named Mc Luckoshen for a start.

You guys can't be more independent than Northern Ireland. But if You want total independence, prepare for total collapse. Only after going through anarchy, political clean up (all loyalists to the British flag have to be ousted of political circle) You can build Your own country. It's not easy and I bet Britain will do everything to ruin Your day. Why shouldn't they?
    Wait till UK will get weaker only then You will have chance. Soviet union only dissolved when it was on it's knees.

Last edited by Regular on Sat May 11, 2013 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Frrrreedom!!!)
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Scottish Indepedence Empty reply

Post  d_taddei2 Sat May 11, 2013 10:08 pm

flamming_python wrote:Scotland will not be independent in this case; it will simply become another micro-state controlled by the EU.

thats if they decide to join, they have stated that they want to join the UN and possibly NATO.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sat May 11, 2013 10:16 pm

Regular wrote:Flaming_Python, yeah You are right or they could always follow Belarus model and stay truly independent although isolated. They only need a guy named Mc Luckoshen for a start.

You guys can't be more independent than Northern Ireland. But if You want total independence, prepare for total collapse. Only after going through anarchy, political clean up (all loyalists to the British flag have to be ousted of political circle) You can build Your own country. It's not easy and I bet Britain will do everything to ruin Your day. Why shouldn't they?
    Wait till UK will get weaker only then You will have chance. Soviet union only dissolved when it was on it's knees.

Northern Ireland isnt independant its apart of the UK.
    There is loyalists in parts of Scotland who love the Union want to remain part of the UK but i cant see them being anything like IRA or UVF.
    I dont think we should wait as if the UK is at its Knees then that means the whole of the UK would be at there knees which will include Scotland, but if we leave before it gets to that then Scotland will be spared. And yes westminister and the rest of UK will no doubt try to spread lies and put people off voting for independance but thats what u would expect from Cameron/Camerons rats and westminister there all filthy scumbags who lie and are only interested in filling there pockets especially money from other countries.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun May 12, 2013 10:13 am

Independence is a serious step, and should not be taken lightly.

Britain reminds me of New Zealand, though we are not made up of separate countries we of course have different regions... mainly a north island and a south island, and it is pretty much the southern equivalent of the UK in that all the bureaucracy is in the north (your south), and many of the people flock to the main cities in the far north (your far south) and become self centred aholes when they get there.

All I can say is that politicians are the ideal people to fuk anything up, and by becoming independent you are creating a reason for being for a few hundred more of the bstards. Don't think a Scottish politician voted in by Scotsmen and women will be any better for you than the bast@rds in the deep south... they are all cnts that only think for themselves. they will continue to have 4 hour power lunches while the countries balance sheets are in tatters.

Keep in mind that Oil only makes a country wealthy when it is nationalised and the countries that nationalise their oil... include Iran and to a lesser extend Russia. These two pariahs have suffered for their serious crime of not letting western oil companies to go in and rape them of their black gold, and Scotland will either suffer if it does, or watch its wealth fill the coffers of western oil companies if it doesn't.

My advice would be to say no, but I am not Scottish... just demand a sort of autonomy and get control of your affairs first and see if you can manage yourself within a sensible budget.

If you do separate from the Uk then all the best, and I suspect that Russia would be happy to sell you military equipment... in return for some radar stations like the ones NATO has in the Baltic states... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    gaurav
    gaurav

Post  gaurav Sun May 12, 2013 11:06 am

in return for some radar stations like the ones NATO has in the Baltic states...

HEY HEY cheers thumbsup
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Sun May 12, 2013 1:06 pm

Sorry but what radar station in baltics? As far as i know Russia has radar station in Kaliningrad
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sun May 12, 2013 5:29 pm

GarryB wrote:Independence is a serious step, and should not be taken lightly.

Britain reminds me of New Zealand, though we are not made up of separate countries we of course have different regions... mainly a north island and a south island, and it is pretty much the southern equivalent of the UK in that all the bureaucracy is in the north (your south), and many of the people flock to the main cities in the far north (your far south) and become self centred aholes when they get there.

All I can say is that politicians are the ideal people to fuk anything up, and by becoming independent you are creating a reason for being for a few hundred more of the bstards. Don't think a Scottish politician voted in by Scotsmen and women will be any better for you than the bast@rds in the deep south... they are all cnts that only think for themselves. they will continue to have 4 hour power lunches while the countries balance sheets are in tatters.

Keep in mind that Oil only makes a country wealthy when it is nationalised and the countries that nationalise their oil... include Iran and to a lesser extend Russia. These two pariahs have suffered for their serious crime of not letting western oil companies to go in and rape them of their black gold, and Scotland will either suffer if it does, or watch its wealth fill the coffers of western oil companies if it doesn't.

My advice would be to say no, but I am not Scottish... just demand a sort of autonomy and get control of your affairs first and see if you can manage yourself within a sensible budget.

If you do separate from the Uk then all the best, and I suspect that Russia would be happy to sell you military equipment... in return for some radar stations like the ones NATO has in the Baltic states... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Good points garry, but the way i see it, would be better off and at least our crappy politicians cant be biased on south or north like it is now, it can really on focus on the country as a whole due to the size. and majority of the money raised in scotland in taxes, the full amount doesnt even make it back north. And Scotland has no intentions to get involved in wars abroad or supporting regime changes/terrorists around the world. So far Scotland been making closer ties to eastern european, and scandinavian countries aswell as China, and Denmark.

If you saw how little our views in Scotland are taken into account you would want independance, its was only a few months ago that Scottish MP's voted 89% against the bedroom tax but still the bedroom tax was introduced in Scotland (and the rest of the UK) last month so yet again Scotland views being pushed aside this happens all to often.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon May 13, 2013 12:25 pm

Sorry but what radar station in baltics?

Of course... NATO has no secret listening stations in the Baltic states to spy on Russia... that would make the Baltic states the only places they didn't have such things of course...

If you saw how little our views in Scotland are taken into account you would want independance, its was only a few months ago that Scottish MP's voted 89% against the bedroom tax but still the bedroom tax was introduced in Scotland (and the rest of the UK) last month so yet again Scotland views being pushed aside this happens all to often.

I appreciate your frustration... here in New Zealand our National government has been trying to sell of state assets to raise some cash... and they have been selling it to the general public by claiming mum and pop investors will be able to buy shares and own a piece of an electric power company... of course we already own all of it, but this is a chance for a few people with money to buy 49% of something they already own... the price will go up a little and they will sell to foreigners and make a little bit of money and soon enough all our power stations will be foreign owned and the price of power will be based on how much those foreign companies want to pay as dividends to its foreign share holders.

I think Autonomy would be a much better first step to find out what it is really like without committing to anything that might actually turn out to be worse.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon May 13, 2013 5:15 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Sorry but what radar station in baltics?

Of course... NATO has no secret listening stations in the Baltic states to spy on Russia... that would make the Baltic states the only places they didn't have such things of course...

I'm yet to see these stations. We bought our radars in 2004 from EADS. They are NOT implemented with NATO system and they are not NATO standard.
    We missed Russian airforce SU-27 in 2005. It was flying in Lithuanian airspace for 30 minutes until it crashed. Belarus acted as gentlemen and provided us with their radar records. They could see what was going over our airspace, but we couldn't .
    And we missed 3 German planes in 2011 too.
    NATO jets were never scrambled and I bet You could wonder why they are there in first place? Like sitting ducks waiting to get bombed without warning.
    There are NO plans in getting new radars anyway. So theory about secret radars doesn't hold water.

For example Hungary is perfect place for NATO radars. Not too close to Russia so Radars are relatively safe.
    Russia on other hand has radars in Kaliningrad. But I really think that there is not much to spy on both sides. Not these days anyway.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Mon May 13, 2013 5:24 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:
    As far as I understand there are certain number of Scottish people that are very loyal to the Queen? What about them? What kind of independence You imagine?
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue May 14, 2013 11:33 am

There are NO plans in getting new radars anyway. So theory about secret radars doesn't hold water.

No public plans about SECRET radars... and I am not suggesting that even when operational that these radars would be looking at Baltic air space... they will be oriented for a different mission...

As far as I understand there are certain number of Scottish people that are very loyal to the Queen? What about them? What kind of independence You imagine?

Most commonwealth countries still have the queen as head of state but are fully independent. The Queen is a bit of a figurehead even in Britain and doesn't exactly wield that much actual power.

Just ritual and ceremony.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Tue May 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Luckily, Scotland has Cameron who, judging by his statements, should be the pinup boy of the Scottish independent movement.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:45 pm

A lot will depend on decision of Scotland about their independence and membership in NATO and on a deal with UK what military equipment Scotland will inherit.

On the other hand Kingdom of Scotland in history have good relations with France, so maybe even now they will more consider french equipment than russian. But who knows, Russia could also offer them good stuff.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:19 am

I have spoken to many Scottish residents, none of them thinks it will pass.  I certainly hope it does, there are very few things I would rather see than the dissolution of the UK.
    Deep Throat
    Deep Throat

Post  Deep Throat Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:19 pm

Vladimir79 wrote:I certainly hope it does, there are very few things I would rather see than the dissolution of the UK.

Mind if I ask Why ? They built an empire by subjugating and torturing people across the world . When the British finally left their colonies these countries were left as barren wasteland .

When the USSR retreated from its empire, these countries were left as modern and industrialized nations with the probable exception of Afghanistan , but that was a different ball game.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:11 pm

only issue i see about France is that westminister is very friendly with them and i think France would side with westminister than scotlland, after all its westminister and France who go around getting involved with foreign countries affairs along with the USA.

medo wrote:A lot will depend on decision of Scotland about their independence and membership in NATO and on a deal with UK what military equipment Scotland will inherit.

On the other hand Kingdom of Scotland in history have good relations with France, so maybe even now they will more consider french equipment than russian. But who knows, Russia could also offer them good stuff.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Well it depends on whats Scots you speak to, if there protestant then they want to be kept under westminister's boot, but if there catholic or have a brain in there head, then they want independence. I for one will be voting YES for independence next year.

Vladimir79 wrote:I have spoken to many Scottish residents, none of them thinks it will pass.  I certainly hope it does, there are very few things I would rather see than the dissolution of the UK.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:16 pm

That was long ago, Scotland isnt a barren wasteland, it has a strong economy and huge renewable energy sources, aswell among other things, infact scotland is out perfoming most the UK.

Mind if I ask Why ? They built an empire by subjugating and torturing people across the world . When the British finally left their colonies these countries were left as barren wasteland .

When the USSR retreated from its empire, these countries were left as modern and industrialized nations with the probable exception of Afghanistan , but that was a different ball game.[/quote]
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Well British apparently have huge fears worst might happen so they are securing themselves in every possible way.

Media: Database of nuclear submarines in Scotland may pass under the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:01 pm

The trouble with Scotland... is that it's full of Scots!!
    Smile

Vladimir79 wrote:I have spoken to many Scottish residents, none of them thinks it will pass.  I certainly hope it does, there are very few things I would rather see than the dissolution of the UK.

Wow! But why?
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:03 pm

flamming_python wrote:The trouble with Scotland... is that it's full of Scots!!

Very Happy 

Scottish Indepedence 34oqww9

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:00 am