Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+48
limb
calripson
Arkanghelsk
nemerson
lancelot
owais.usmani
Daniel_Admassu
Kiko
The-thing-next-door
Scorpius
PhSt
Gazputin
Nibiru
Hole
KiloGolf
GunshipDemocracy
KomissarBojanchev
gaurav
Big_Gazza
PapaDragon
miketheterrible
T-47
George1
OminousSpudd
Singular_Transform
Project Canada
kvs
Flanky
Regular
Austin
Kyo
Rmf
Werewolf
mack8
Vann7
mutantsushi
Mike E
zg18
xeno
TR1
Morpheus Eberhardt
Hannibal Barca
navyfield
coolieno99
Viktor
GarryB
solo.13mmfmj
Admin
52 posters

Next Generation Rocket Angara: News

kvs
    kvs

Next Generation Rocket Angara: News - Page 4 Empty Re: Next Generation Rocket Angara: News

Post  kvs Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:32 pm

Next Generation Rocket Angara: News - Page 4 Angara5_s

The A5 about to be erected at the launch pad.  

Next Generation Rocket Angara: News - Page 4 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=35807
    zg18
    zg18

Next Generation Rocket Angara: News - Page 4 Empty Re: Next Generation Rocket Angara: News

Post  zg18 Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:06 pm

Next Generation Rocket Angara: News - Page 4 ZEPe3yj
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:52 pm

Maiden Launch of Heavy Angara Rocket Is Due December 25: Roscosmos

ZHUHAI, November 12 (RIA Novosti) – Russia’s new heavy Angara rocket will make its maiden flight from the Plesetsk Space Center in northwestern Russia on December 25, the head of the Russian space agency Roscosmos said Wednesday.

“I have just received a report on the issue. All preparations are moving along according to schedule,” Oleg Ostapenko told RIA Novosti on the sidelines of the Airshow China-2014 space exhibition.

During the week before the maiden flight, experts will conduct various tests to ensure launch complex' and rocket's readiness for the successful launch, Russia's construction watchdog Spetstroy said.

The Angara family of rockets, in development since 1995, is being built in light, semi-heavy and heavy versions to lift a variety of payloads between two and 40 metric tons into low Earth orbit.

The development of super-heavy version of the Angara was included into Russia’s draft 2016-2025 federal space program, Ostapenko said without giving further details.

The first manned flight of the heavy Angara is expected to take place in 2018. It will launch from the Vostochny Cosmodrome in Amur region, in the Russian Far East.

Earlier, Roscosmos said that new Angara rocket will give Russia an independent access to the space, and a possibility to advance to a new technological development level. Angara will put heavy space vehicles into the geostationary orbit. All parts used for rocket development have been produced in Russia, which secures the process safety in the country. Apart from the above, ecologically clean fuel will be used in the rocket, including oxygen and kerosene.

In Russia, heavy Angara will replace Proton rocket family, which has been previously used to put space vehicles into the low Earth orbit.

coolieno99
    coolieno99

Post  coolieno99 Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:12 am

nice video of  Angara A5  space launch vehicle

http://tvzvezda.ru/news/forces/content/201411102356-kagv.htm
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:06 pm

The roll control of the core stage of Angara-5, Angara-5P, Angara-7, ... is sure very interesting.

Does everybody think what I am thinking of?

Here's the best picture I have of the tail section of the Angara-1.2PP. Interesting.

Next Generation Rocket Angara: News - Page 4 TOUw6Is
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:01 pm

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:The roll control of the core stage of Angara-5, Angara-5P, Angara-7, ... is sure very interesting.

Here's the best picture I have of the tail section of the Angara-1.2PP. Interesting.
    Roll control... Do you mean the "tails"? - Which are, AFAIK, only installed on the 1.2PP. 

?
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:42 am

Mike E wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:The roll control of the core stage of Angara-5, Angara-5P, Angara-7, ... is sure very interesting.

Roll control... Do you mean the "tails"? - Which are, AFAIK, only installed on the 1.2PP. 

?

A little bit of elaboration on my previous post:

- Angara-5 core has no roll control tail surfaces.
    - They say it uses thrusters for roll control.
    - I am not sure if I see two thrusters or four. Whether there are two thrusters or four thrusters, they are positioned asymmetrically.
    - Ignoring hidden aspects of the design, the asymetrical positioning of roll thrusters is "wasteful".
    - If the Angara-5 core can use roll control thrusters for roll control, why did Angara-1.2PP and Naro-1 needed roll control tail surfaces. Is it just because of the fact that the Angara-5 core at separation is lighter and has a lower moment of inertia around the roll axis, having already burned some of its propellants, than Angara-1.2PP at launch with full tanks? What other reason can there be?
    - How about Angara-7? It's core surely would't fire before separation; so it would even be heavier and with a larger moment of inertia around the roll axis than Angara-1.2PP at launch.
    - Very interesting.
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:49 am

Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

?

- I am not sure if I see two thrusters or four. Whether there are two thrusters or four thrusters, they are positioned asymmetrically.
    - Ignoring hidden aspects of the design, the asymetrical positioning of roll thrusters is "wasteful".
    - If the Angara-5 core can use roll control thrusters for roll control, why did Angara-1.2PP and Naro-1 needed roll control tail surfaces. Is it just because of the fact that the Angara-5 core at separation is lighter and has a lower moment of inertia around the roll axis, having already burned some of its propellants, than Angara-1.2PP at launch with full tanks? What other reason can there be?
    - How about Angara-7? It's core surely would't fire before separation; so it would even be heavier and with a larger moment of inertia around the roll axis than Angara-1.2PP at launch.
    - Very interesting.

Yep, and it doesn't need them... 

It appears so, most launch vehicles do if their engines aren't up to the task.

There appears to be three, which is odd...

Probably that reason... Plus, with more cores, there are more roll thrusters.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:04 am

Mike E wrote:
    Morpheus Eberhardt wrote:
    Mike E wrote:

?

- Very interesting.

Yep, and it doesn't need them... 

It appears so, most launch vehicles do if their engines aren't up to the task.

There appears to be three, which is odd...

Probably that reason... Plus, with more cores, there are more roll thrusters.

Can you elaborate?
    Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:09 am

On what, the three thrusters?
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:22 am

Mike E wrote:On what, the three thrusters?

On the thrusters and the other things that you said.
    Rmf
    Rmf

Post  Rmf Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:28 pm

angara is following western approach and using top-heavy design , instead of clustered engines and bottom-heavy design.
    saturn V used tail surfaces too...
    i dont like horizontal rollout ,it adds structural reinforcements and weight -and reduces payload.
    vertical build ,assembly ,and rollout - like soyuz in french guayana - cooperation.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Angara heavy-lift rocket to be first launched Dec 25 as planned — source
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:59 pm

Angara A-5 Heavy lift Rocket. russia

http://military-industry.ru/missilery/3728
    Rmf
    Rmf

Post  Rmf Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Старт ракеты-носителя «Ангара» запланирован примерно на 09:00 мск 23 декабря.
    the page says on 23 december , 11 am GMT welcome
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:47 am

I find shocking the level of incompetence of Russian Government in promoting their space program . You have here
    bran new next generation heavy rocket angara 5 being launched successfully and not a single video anywhere in
    any Russian media of major event. How can they expect to attract investors to Russia if they don't advertise
    their nation capabilities.

So you have an interesting situation in Russia ..where not only the western media have done a good job , in brainwashing people that Russia innovate nothing and is only a gas station.. but also Russian media incompetence
    in to properly promote any new technology or machine they create.

SImply Russia government is not very efficient in advertising its own industry. RT for example is highly view in the west.. but they do not take advantage of their media success in promoting either Tourism or foreign investments
    in Russia.
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Finally, a vid on the A5.

http://www.1tv.ru/news/techno/274476.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:40 pm

Kyo wrote:Finally, a vid on the A5.

http://www.1tv.ru/news/techno/274476.

2 videos here.. and had to be spanish RT to do it right the report..

http://actualidad.rt.com/actualidad/161247-rusia-realiza-primera-prueba-angara

[Angara guarantees geostationary orbit access to Russia from its territory — expert]

http://itar-tass.com/en/non-political/768644

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Mike E
    Mike E

Post  Mike E Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:21 pm

russia russia russia russia russia russia russia russia russia russia russia russia russia russia russia

The excitement!
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Euronews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byae093d9R0
    Kyo
    Kyo

Post  Kyo Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:07 am

Some extra details on the relevance of today's successful launch of the A5 booster. russia

http://sputniknews.com/russia/20141223/1016162725.html
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:31 am

Kyo wrote:Euronews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byae093d9R0

And there is the usual youtube retard commenter hoping it falls on Putin's head. Clowns in the EU should worry about their
    own problems (like being Uncle Sam's butt monkey) before getting the hate on Russia.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:45 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lDydw8QaFU0

Mounting on the launchpad.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:37 pm

kvs wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lDydw8QaFU0

Mounting on the launchpad.

+1. Most high resolution imagery of the base of the vehicle that I have seen. As a result, it added more questions than answers regarding the core roll control. dunno

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:33 am