Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+82
nomadski
Begome
sundoesntrise
zepia
Ghoster
ALAMO
Krepost
owais.usmani
Hole
lyle6
LMFS
Backman
thegopnik
Walther von Oldenburg
kvs
auslander
The-thing-next-door
Fallen
HUNTER VZLA
Visc
par far
Godric
max steel
PapaDragon
JohninMK
AlfaT8
Skandalwitwe
miketheterrible
calm
VladimirSahin
Arctic_Fox
Zivo
George1
TimeTraveller
victor1985
Bolt
Mike E
bmtppk
Big_Gazza
Russiaftw
suzu
mack8
OminousSpudd
KoTeMoRe
franco
Mr.Comrade
magnumcromagnon
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Hannibal Barca
Werewolf
etaepsilonk
collegeboy16
KomissarBojanchev
Jyshky
flamming_python
Sujoy
ali.a.r
Hachimoto
Stealthflanker
Corrosion
Regular
Viktor
Austin
TR1
BTRfan
ahmedfire
Pugnax
Pervius
Flanky
GarryB
NationalRus
IronsightSniper
Julia
nightcrawler
solo.13mmfmj
Turk1
milky_candy_sugar
Jelena
soldieroffortune
sepheronx
Vladislav
Admin
86 posters

Hilarious-Funny posts Thread

Viktor
    Viktor

Hilarious-Funny posts Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Hilarious-Funny posts Thread

Post  Viktor Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:15 am

Shocked  Very Happy 

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:17 pm

All Eastern European drivers are shit. I was very dangerous driver too:) Especially when I was 19 and I had Audi S2 quatrro. Smile You live and learn from mistakes an look back how stupid it was.
    Only problem is that Russia has worse roads and loads of old cars. DUI is a problem too, but road heroes, technically abused cars, bad driving culture is the main things that kill.
    How hard is to get driving license in Russia?
    How hard is to go through technical check?
    Are bad drivers tolerated by society?
    How tough are fines?
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:35 pm

I was busted during my college time with 3.29% alcohol in my blood while running away from police. It was real police chase like in Hollywood movies.

At the end 3 police cars and one truck with special unit barricaded the road in front of me and caught me. I dont need to say that my time in police station was

not very pleasant Very Happy . Anyway from that day on, Im careful in traffic and dont drink and drive. I have learned my lesson. (with the intensive police help Very Happy )
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Good Thing is you didnt hurt your self or for that matter others.

I know of some folks in India who cant drive without drinking specially those Lorry Transport drivers who go long road route , they seem to driver better and are in full control after drinking Laughing 

The amazing thing is they driver around drive , hills and ghats at night with just plain vehical light.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:48 pm

Austin wrote:Good Thing is you didnt hurt your self or for that matter others.

I know of some folks in India who cant drive without drinking specially those Lorry Transport drivers who go long road route , they seem to driver better and are in full control after drinking Laughing 

The amazing thing is they driver around drive , hills and ghats at night with just plain vehical light.

There is a saying that goes like this: " God watches over stupid, drunk and fools". I think at the time I satisfied all three requirements Very Happy 
    Austin

Post  Austin Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:55 pm

Laughing 
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:39 pm

God watches over stupid, drunk and fools"
    Usually the drunk driver survives while his passengers die.
    I really hope You learned Your lesson Viktor. Did You loose Your license or got it suspended?

Austin, how is driving situation in India? I have Indian friend who got his licence in UK and he was too afraid to drive in his home country. I prefer to drive in UK too. Way better driving culture than in my country.

Our driving culture possibly is even worse than in Russia. What You will see below is happening in the street. It's not legal. It's not planned. Cops can't do anything. Cool to participate but when You want to go back home and road is blocked then You just want to mow them down with PKM.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Regular wrote:
    God watches over stupid, drunk and fools"
    Usually the drunk driver survives while his passengers die.
    I really hope You learned Your lesson Viktor. Did You loose Your license or got it suspended?

1 Year without licence and medical exam afterwards and of course 2000 E ticket Embarassed 
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:37 pm

Damn, thats crazy!

I will I admit I have done my fair share of driving while drink, but usually I was not utterly plastered, and I drove very carefully. Never got into an accident or came close to it, but it is not something I will be doing again.

My scariest driving experience was when I fell asleep behind the wheel. Had a huge party at my house the night before (actually was supposed to be small and only friends, then suddenly a mob of people showed up) and early next morning I had to drive several hours to grab some of my things from a storage locker. My friend was with me, but being similarly tired, quickly dozed off. I remember my eyes feeling like lead, closing on their own. Next minute, my eyes slowly open, and I am going on the highway emergency lane, right next to the cement wall. Freaked out, swerved back into the normal lane and spent the rest of the drive spasing out and talking out loud to keep myself from falling asleep. It was scary as hell, if I opened my eyes up a second later we would have totaled the car and maybe worse.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:46 pm

Driving tired is much more dangerous than driving drunk.
    Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Nah, driving drunk is more dangerous as most of people don't feel the speed, they are not aware of situation.
    It's easy to recuperate from being tired. Even 20 minute sleep will help alot. Can't say same about being drunk.
    Drove from UK to the end of EU. With dog and two people who couldn't drive. I had to keep my window open all the time, consumed massive amounts of redbull. It came to the point I started to miss exists from highways. I had to drives miles just to get back where I was from. We couldn't stop at BB because dogs weren't allowed so I've only turned in rural places and fuel stations to piss and walk around. Eventually my concentration was so shit, I was driving LHD car, it was hard to take over cars, almost caused couple accidents, turned on windows wipers instead of indicating and so on. I was comforting myself that military pilots experience more stress and fatigue than me and they still get their job done.
    Corrosion

Post  Corrosion Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Regular wrote:Austin, how is driving situation in India? I have Indian friend who got his licence in UK and he was too afraid to drive in his home country. I prefer to drive in UK too. Way better driving culture than in my country.
    Driving situation in India sucks. Over 100,000 people die every year on Indian roads, which is highest in the world. Indian roads are full of idiots who dont believe in traffic rules. Mad
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:18 am

I remember an interview with the Indian actor who plays the main character on the "Kumars at number 42"... and he said when he went to India that he told his brother that he did not want to drive at night because when you see a single light coming towards you on some hill top road it could be a truck with one light working or it could be a motorbike... to which his brother said "or it could be two guys on motorbikes carrying a wardrobe...!"

On another interview program I remember someone saying they saw a truck driving over a narrow mountain pass at night with four children on the front... two were holding torches and two had buckets with the top child with the bucket feeding water into the radiator and the other kid with a bucket catching as much leaking water as he can and passing the bucket when full to the other child putting water into the radiator...
    Austin

Post  Austin Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:41 am

In the cities in India we lack lane discipline , every one drives the way they feel and then we have two wheeler , 3 wheeler and 4 wheeler all in the same lane some time competing with each other.

The general public too ofter try to cross roads even when they are not suppose to but damn the signal.

The road and bad too at many places lot of potholes specially tar road.

All this makes driving dangerous and cross the same ....infact there are many cases of two wheeler meeting with fatal accidents due to potholes and it gets worse in rainy seasons.

In the 30 plus years that I have been in my city I havent seen things changed much , all we have is more flyovers and some concrete roads at few places but exponontial rise in traffic which cant be catered by present infra ..... have no clue what would happen in the future .....looking back 20-25 years back it was far far better then what it is now.
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Hilarious-Funny posts Thread - Page 5 Empty Eid Mubarak

Post  Stealthflanker Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Assalammu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakkatuh

Greetings to all readers and alike Very Happy

As the title said Eid Mubarak I'dl Fitr 1434H

May Allah SWT Bless you all and allow us to see next year's Ramadhan.

That's all.

Wassalammualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakkatuh.
    NationalRus
    NationalRus

Post  NationalRus Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Hilarious-Funny posts Thread - Page 5 Tumblrm5meusrnm11rqp4rg

how sweet
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:24 pm

Maleikum Salaam.

That being said I am not fasting for no religious reasons Very Happy
    Hachimoto

Post  Hachimoto Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:53 pm

Thanks Stealthflanker Smile

Ramadan is gone, too fast as always Sad
    ali.a.r

Post  ali.a.r Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:22 am

Alayna Wa Alaykum
    Smile
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:50 pm

Stealthflanker wrote:Assalammu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakkatuh

Greetings to all readers and alike Very Happy

As the title said Eid Mubarak I'dl Fitr 1434H

May Allah SWT Bless you all and allow us to see next year's Ramadhan.

That's all.

Wassalammualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakkatuh.

Thanks for the heads up Stealthflanker . I used to live in Hyderabad before & had lots of friends/colleagues who were Muslims so the month of Ramadan was a blast as someone or the other treated the entire team daily .

Anyways , nostalgia apart ... Eid Mubarak to all you guys .
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:17 pm

Valaikum Alsalam!

Ain't Mubarak a former dictator in Egypt? Razz 
    Stealthflanker
    Stealthflanker

Post  Stealthflanker Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:15 pm

flamming_python wrote:Valaikum Alsalam!

Ain't Mubarak a former dictator in Egypt? Razz 
    surely not Hosni Mubarak XD but it means "Blessed"

Jyshky
    Jyshky

Hilarious-Funny posts Thread - Page 5 Empty Union of Eurasia

Post  Jyshky Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:51 pm

I know that there is the Eurasian Economic "Coalition?". So, what do you think of this idea?

Its fictional alright, but still mighty?
    KomissarBojanchev
    KomissarBojanchev

Post  KomissarBojanchev Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:45 pm

This would be my dream country.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

Post  collegeboy16 Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:21 pm

F*ck that.  lol1 

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:32 am