Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+62
Pincus Shain
Rodion_Romanovic
mnztr
par far
GunshipDemocracy
T-47
AMCXXL
Tolstoy
JohninMK
ArgentinaGuard
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Broski
LMFS
andalusia
calripson
bandit6
higurashihougi
sepheronx
billybatts91
lyle6
Regular
Firebird
AlfaT8
Lapain
Mir
PhSt
Odin of Ossetia
Scorpius
flamming_python
zare
nomadski
Erk
Arrow
lancelot
Isos
Kiko
VARGR198
franco
Sujoy
Big_Gazza
kvs
Krepost
thegopnik
Backman
d_taddei2
Dr.Snufflebug
ucmvulcan
Arkanghelsk
caveat emptor
Sprut-B
Godric
TMA1
Belisarius
ahmedfire
GarryB
Airbornewolf
PapaDragon
Werewolf
Serberus
Hole
SeigSoloyvov
ALAMO
66 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46

Post  flamming_python Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:16 am

Arkanghelsk wrote:Such a tactic is not "safer"

It has killed 30,000 men and 3x more wounded

Meaning if you draft more men, and subject them to this "tactic" you are going to kill a hell of a lot of conscripts

So yes, the polls agree with what I am saying

This needs to be finished violently and quickly

Not with using us in trenches as they did to Wagner and the poor volunteers

People do not want a mobilization, and the government will do it anyway

Right now polls show people prefer peace talks to drafting average fathers, sons, and brothers to be used as meat shields

People are more hardline, then any politician in Russia and the demands are more maximalist

If the war is not prosecuted as a real one, then people will push for peace talks, and this election will show itself

Men also, when polled, do not want to go fight in the SMO, and we extrapolate that from Wagner, volunteers declining, and overall discontent from high level generals who were muzzled by the MOD

They have 40,000 "volunteers" a month, but they are getting ready to draft another army

So it is reaching the end of the line, if the MOD and Putin have any more fuckups, society will not tolerate it , if you want to test that theory keep it going as it is

You want to keep attrition fighting ? We will end this with 60,000+ dead and 3x wounded

Like I'm saying, society WILL NOT tolerate it

My life is more valuable then any hohol

So if you value your own ass, I would not send draftees to fight under the current tactics

I would switch to a real war, and raze everything in front of the conscripts

Otherwise,  I am telling you now, its not gonna be good the way it ends

And for the record, I am not advocating for a blitzkrieg, I'm advocating for a wholesale destruction of Ukraine, which should have been done since the beginning - not allowing NATO to rearm Ukraine over and over, and killing our guys by the thousands in this insane wack a mole strategy

We are hitting some arbitrary targets , after they blow up our ships , tankers,  they are hitting Moscow, the Kremlin, they have sunk our ships, they have blown up the bridge twice, they have killed thousands of donbass people

And we continue to coddle these faggots

If you want a convoy of peace 2x, keep it up, you will get one , but it will be the army

Like PD was saying earlier, if the pressure from the public for peace talks becomes such that you end up not persecuting the war to its conclusion then you will end up with a 'fuckup' far worse than anything you can pin on the MOD and Putin. I'd be surprised if Russia survives some sort of negotiated peace, the effects on internal stability, geopolitics, national self-confidence and security in bordering Russian regions will be devastating. And it will only set the stage for a renewed and possibly deadlier war in the future.

But I'm confident that Russian society accepts and understands all that and I haven't seen any data to suggest that they are about to start pressuring the Kremlin for peace. On the contrary people have adapted to the idea that we're in the long-haul, that we can't have peace until the threat is dealt with or surrenders wholesale, and that the war may expand and escalate and that there may be more waves of mobilizations to come. And that any weakness at this juncture will only lead NATO to further provoke and escalate. Even if no-one likes the idea.

I don't understand how your 'real war' idea will help anything. You start razing everything; towns, cities, infrastructure as punitive measures - what will it achieve? The ones you're fighting are armed forces of the Ukraine and foreign mercs. You can make civilians suffer but it won't affect their ability to wage war. You can turn settlements into ruins but there is no guarantee that they won't wait out your barrages in the basements and then turn the ruins into new defensive positions.
    The ones you need to make hell for are anyone on the other side with a gun in their hands; but that's what's already being done.

Last edited by flamming_python on Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total

GarryB likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46

Post  JohninMK Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:22 am

Zlatti71
    @djuric_zlatko
    NabrezhnyeIntel:

Missile and Aviation attacks last night in Ukraine were designed to detect air defense forces, but the main objective of the attacks was the Starokonstantinov airbase (one of the largest operational airbases in Ukraine).

According to our sources, nearly a dozen fighter aircraft were destroyed, and with it too, ammunition for the aircraft.

#source

@Slavyangrad

GarryB, flamming_python, kvs, PapaDragon, Hole, owais.usmani, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:29 am

when the enemy has stepped up the work of their UAVs.
    Hitting civilian targets. Because they can´t do anything else.

constantly changing course
    Next stop: Western MSM calls the cruise missiles changing course a warcrime.  Rolling Eyes

I’m fine with Asians, but Russians are Asians. 
    Where did I hear that before? Or better when. Straight outta Nazi textbooks.  No

You'll be back, sweetheart Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46 - Page 38 Herz
    Nobody can resist our charm.  lol1

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, kvs, PapaDragon, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:48 am

This is a bit more like it

GarryB, d_taddei2, Hannibal Barca, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, Godric and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:51 am

ayden
    @squatsons
    ·
    17h
    63 days

Tens of thousands of casualties

Hundreds of tanks and armored vehicle losses

Results…

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46 - Page 38 F2x2H-fbIAE11uc?format=jpg&name=small

GarryB, xeno, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, Godric and like this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:55 am

ODAB-500 ? This looks bigger than even a 1500kg bomb. Shit, if tvis is a 500kg bomb I can't imagine the 1500kg version.

GarryB, d_taddei2, PapaDragon and Broski like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:58 am

Kiev reverting to strange numbers. Clearly, given the damage, the 7 cruise missiles that got through were the 'super' multi target version of the missiles.

MilitaryLand.net
    @Militarylandnet
    ·
    38m
    🗞️Russians unleashed large missile attack targeting Ukrainian infrastructure last night. UA Air Force Command says it shot down:
    - 13 of 20 Kh-101/Kh-555 cruise missiles
    - 17 of 20 Calibr cruise missiles
    - 0 of 3 Kh-47 Kinzhal
    - 27 of 27 Shahed kamikaze drones
    #UkraineRussiaWar

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, PapaDragon, Hole, Mir and like this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:08 pm

Zlatti71
    @djuric_zlatko
    2h
    ‼🇷🇺At night, a group strike was carried out with long-range precision weapons on the airbases of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the districts of Starkonstantinov, Khmelnytsky region and Dubno, Rivne region — Ministry of Defense

The goal of the strike has been achieved, all designated objects have been hit, the ministry said.
    http://t.me/RVvoenkor

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, zardof, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:19 pm

GarryB, xeno, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, kvs, Isos, Hole and like this post

Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:06 pm

That ODAB-500 blast radius looks bigger than 500kg bomb and on top of that the information about the kill radius of 500m is ridiculous. It's closer to 30-60 meter kill radius.

FOAB has a total "annihilation" radius stated to be roughly 300 meters and that is a 7 ton bomb with equivalent of 44k TNT. It's of course absolutely not comparable due to the nature of both explosive charges, however it's still false information.

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, JohninMK, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:27 pm

flamming_python wrote:

Like PD was saying earlier, if the pressure from the public for peace talks becomes such that you end up not persecuting the war to its conclusion then you will end up with a 'fuckup' far worse than anything you can pin on the MOD and Putin. I'd be surprised if Russia survives some sort of negotiated peace, the effects on internal stability, geopolitics, national self-confidence and security in bordering Russian regions will be devastating. And it will only set the stage for a renewed and possibly deadlier war in the future.

But I'm confident that Russian society accepts and understands all that and I haven't seen any data to suggest that they are about to start pressuring the Kremlin for peace. On the contrary people have adapted to the idea that we're in the long-haul, that we can't have peace until the threat is dealt with or surrenders wholesale, and that the war may expand and escalate and that there may be more waves of mobilizations to come. And that any weakness at this juncture will only lead NATO to further provoke and escalate. Even if no-one likes the idea.

I don't understand how your 'real war' idea will help anything. You start razing everything; towns, cities, infrastructure as punitive measures - what will it achieve? The ones you're fighting are armed forces of the Ukraine and foreign mercs. You can make civilians suffer but it won't affect their ability to wage war. You can turn settlements into ruins but there is no guarantee that they won't wait out your barrages in the basements and then turn the ruins into new defensive positions.
    The ones you need to make hell for are anyone on the other side with a gun in their hands; but that's what's already being done.

The average Ukrainian, is not Vietnamese, or Afghan - They are not ready to suffer in a total war like they pretend

They are not capable of tolerating destruction of their social services, and comforts such as electricity,  water, heating, transportation

That is evidenced by 50% of Ukrainian leaving the country at the outset of the war

This war can be won quickly, by bringing Ukrainian people to their knees-

By playing a game with them of offensives, counteroffensives, artillery duels

We are only entertaining their ideas

Let's finish this shit already, bomb Kiev, Kharkov, Chernigov, Poltava, Sumy , take away the electricity and water, take away the transportation and hospitals

That is all,

We are already war criminals, let's finish the job

You want them to leave the frontline? Missile their wives and children, their mothers and fathers, and these bitches will go home like the Chechens did

These are not hardened taliban or resistance vietcong and NVA, these are EU whores who want to be on Kvartal 95

This is a joke

Last edited by Arkanghelsk on Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

owais.usmani likes this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:29 pm

Despite several attacks on Ukrainian bases with Su 24s, they still fly and shoot Stom Shadows.

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:36 pm

JohninMK wrote:All hell let loose tonight. Poke the bear.......................................

Zlatti71
    @djuric_zlatko
    ·
    2m
    ⚡Relaunches of "Caliber"....

I just realized: next time I hear that Ukrainians pulled off whatever I should probably be happy about it because it's definitely one thing that can motivate Russians to get off their asses and do something efficient thumbsup

Couple of windows on some office building in Moscow or a hole in some useless Soviet Navy bathtub are insignificant cost to pay for such epic missile spankings

GarryB, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:36 pm

Despite several attacks on Ukrainian bases with Su 24s, they still fly and shoot Stom Shadows.

I'm just curious, doesn't Russia have optical spy satellites to view Ukrainian airfields from the sky and see where their planes are parked? I'm not an expert but I think with the right tools which Russia currently has it shouldn't be that difficult to locate and destroy airfields and hangars that house these planes

Arrow

Post  Arrow Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:48 pm

higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:03 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:We are already war criminals, let's finish the job

You want them to leave the frontline? Missile their wives and children, their mothers and fathers, and these bitches will go home like the Chechens did

No. They won't leave the frontline, they will stay more at the frontline to avenge the deceased wives and children killed by your missiles.

If you claim yourself as war criminals then you have no ground to criticize or condemn the war crimes carried out by Maidan Nazi in Odessa and Donbass.

Sorry if it offends you but that thinking makes you no differents from the monsters in Kiev.

And by the ways, Zelensky, Biden, Western billionaires, and the true masterminds behind the Kiev regime, are living luxuriously in somewhere safe, even not in Ukraina. Again, sorry if it offends you, but it seems like several people do not have the gut to get a direct confrontation with these top masterminds and instead choose to cowardly pour their anger into defenseless, bare-handed Ukrainian civillians ?

Last edited by higurashihougi on Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

GarryB and TMA1 like this post

VARGR198
    VARGR198

Post  VARGR198 Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:04 pm

ahmedfire, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Godric, Gomig-21, nomadski, Hole and like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:11 pm

Perhaps Russia needs to develop a 300mm version of the TOS-1 thermobaric mlrs and another rocket system similar to the Polonez. These systems will really help in saturating Ukrainian meat fodders and hasten to end their misery attack

d_taddei2 and Tolstoy like this post

Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:31 pm

higurashihougi wrote:Again, sorry if it offends you, but it seems like several people do not have the gut to get a direct confrontation with these top masterminds and instead choose to cowardly pour their anger into defenseless, bare-handed Ukrainian civillians ?

**** the Ukrainian civilians

Kill them all, force them to sign a surrender

Wel see who shouts Slava Ukraina afterward

higurashihougi wrote:If you claim yourself as war criminals then you have no ground to criticize or condemn the war crimes carried out by Maidan Nazi in Odessa and Donbass.

I never cared to condemn, we are the superpower on the continent, we should impose our will without the consideration of vassals

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:33 pm

This is so fucked up on many levels. I don't even know what to say.

https://t.me/sashakots/41480?single

In Transbaikalia, a member of the SMO who lost his leg in battle was beaten

It is alleged that two men kicked a disabled person yesterday in the Nerchinsko-Zavodsky district, while the other 6 participants (among them 2 girls) cheerfully cheered them up. Another member of the SMO tried to protect his comrade, but he was also without a leg, and therefore the forces were unequal. Both military men were insulted, the car of one of them was smashed. The reasons for the conflict are not reported.

💬 KP.RU asked the governor of the Trans-Baikal Territory to comment on the incident: "At first, the guys did not succumb to the conflict, they tried to leave them. Nevertheless, they were pursued, and then this fight happened. The reaction to the beating of a member of the SVO will be tough and serious."

Alexander Osipov also added that in the coming days, law enforcement agencies will figure everything out to the end. "The question whether there is a possibility of detaining the instigators is being decided according to those articles that have been initiated."

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46 - Page 38 Img_2138
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:37 pm

Mir wrote:...and the Serbs are on a roll today Laughing Laughing Laughing

PD you should really apply for a job at Radio Free Europe - you will blend right in Laughing

The moments when they try to insult someone using their own social code nobody other cares about is what I adore each time Laughing
    But works on them, obviously. One way or another Laughing

This Cheburashka is very short-ranged, sub10km. Even shorter than marine breed Ogon. It has been constructed with one goal only, a mass suppressive salvos delivered for trench warfare.

This was reported as Cheburashka at work.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Hole, PhSt, Mir, Broski and Belisarius like this post

PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:45 pm

https://t.me/intelslava/50405

A Ukrainian Nazi who attempted to kill Russian soldiers has been captured somewhere on the frontlines, I do not agree with keeping this rabid filthy dog alive. Chances are, he will be exchanged in the next prisoner swap and will again to brought to the frontlines and will have another opportunity to fulfill his demented dreams to kill Russians. He should have been killed right there and his corpse fed to the dogs attack
    PhSt
    PhSt

Post  PhSt Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:47 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    In Transbaikalia, a member of the SMO who lost his leg in battle was beaten

It is alleged that two men kicked a disabled person yesterday in the Nerchinsko-Zavodsky district, while the other 6 participants (among them 2 girls) cheerfully cheered them up.  Another member of the SMO tried to protect his comrade, but he was also without a leg, and therefore the forces were unequal.  Both military men were insulted, the car of one of them was smashed.  The reasons for the conflict are not reported.

💬 KP.RU asked the governor of the Trans-Baikal Territory to comment on the incident: "At first, the guys did not succumb to the conflict, they tried to leave them. Nevertheless, they were pursued, and then this fight happened. The reaction to the beating of a member of the SVO will be tough and serious."

Alexander Osipov also added that in the coming days, law enforcement agencies will figure everything out to the end.  "The question whether there is a possibility of detaining the instigators is being decided according to those articles that have been initiated."

The authorities should immediately find the terrorists who did this, extract confession, then strap bombs on these thugs and make them blow themselves up in a Ukrainian Nazi dugout or someplace where dozens of Anglos will get killed
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:52 pm

PhSt wrote:

https://t.me/intelslava/50405

A Ukrainian Nazi who attempted to kill Russian soldiers has been captured somewhere on the frontlines, I do not agree with keeping this rabid filthy dog alive. Chances are, he will be exchanged in the next prisoner swap and will again to brought to the frontlines and will have another opportunity to fulfill his demented dreams to kill Russians. He should have been killed right there and his corpse fed to the dogs attack

Sorry to disappoint you, but this guy's life was not in danger. He is being interrogated to reveal his squad positions in the forest and threatened that if he won't, or will lie about that - they will make him crippled. Cutting his limb he will spend the rest of his life on a chair.
    Utterly stupid to record this kind of vids, and even more stupid to share it, even if the context is clear to any Russian speaker.

GarryB, flamming_python, Werewolf, PhSt and Broski like this post

d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:08 pm

I think it would be kinda useful for Belarus to provide Polonez-M and their Flute Mini MLRS systems to Donbass army to give them a chance to battle test it.

The flute system although having a short range would be a cheap method of causing mass wounded casualties as well as actual deaths within Ukrainian troops. Although the range is 3-6km depending on the rocket used. The vehicle is armoured to STANAG-2. The system can't be expensive and the rockets are the S-8 (80mm) so plenty of variety types available it carries 80 launch tubes so that's a fair amount of rockets. This pretty much works like the lofting method the Su-25 use but vehicle based. The vehicle has a fire control system that also calculates wind, ballistic trajectory etc etc so it should be fairly accurate for saturation fire. There is another version that's armed with a 16 tube 122mm rockets (BM-21 type system).

The Russians also show cased a few years back the "SEL" rocket system. Basically a 4x4 armed with a 40 tube rack carrying S-8 rockets. A shoot and scoot tactic vehicle. Very cheap saturation fire support vehicle.

Belarusian Flute 80x80mm rockets (S-8 )
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46 - Page 38 Belaru10

Russian SEL 40x80mm rockets (S-8 )
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #46 - Page 38 Ad8b2010

Last edited by d_taddei2 on Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PhSt likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:17 pm