Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
Werewolf
mavaff
ahmedfire
zepia
berhoum
Tolstoy
Sujoy
RTN
ludovicense
DerWolf
Walther von Oldenburg
Godric
mack8
higurashihougi
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
Kiko
ucmvulcan
Isos
thegopnik
zare
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
TMA1
Scorpius
xeno
Firebird
PhSt
Regular
limb
GunshipDemocracy
SeigSoloyvov
zorobabel
caveat emptor
JohninMK
Broski
lyle6
Mir
Arrow
Dr.Snufflebug
Arkanghelsk
Erk
sepheronx
kvs
Big_Gazza
Airbornewolf
mnztr
dionis
Odin of Ossetia
littlerabbit
Azi
pavi
Podlodka77
nomadski
franco
flamming_python
Hole
famschopman
Rodion_Romanovic
GarryB
ALAMO
billybatts91
Backman
PapaDragon
VARGR198
69 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:18 pm

By the way, concerning tank production,
    it would be interesting to know the exact numbers. (E.g how many refurbished T-72 and T-80, how many new production for T-90 M and T-14 , and maybe how many refurbishment of older tanks (T62-, T-55 etc for Syria or other foreign countries)

d_taddei2 likes this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  billybatts91 Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:33 pm

GarryB, franco, d_taddei2, par far, Big_Gazza, GunshipDemocracy, JohninMK and like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:36 pm

The spy drones in the Black Sea , they have Radar sideways to look at Armour movement ? Does America have a Satellites in position over area for real-time data or photo ? The Russians should know , perhaps maxar has them ? Are they real-time ? If the yanks or other , do not have real-time data on Armour and troop movement , then it makes sense to fly drone , looking sideways . Otherwise why bother ? In this case , then 100,000 private cars moving across Roads in Russia sector , could confuse the attack points . Worth a try , just before big push ?
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:41 pm

@franco,
    I havn't read that in Kommersant, only saw some reprint concerning the number of tanks to be delivered for Ukrowehrmacht.

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Today at 2:09 pm
    Probably that number also includes refurbishment of old tanks.
    Anyway I read somewhere that Uralvagonzavod produces more tanks annually than the rest of the world combined.

Yes of course, the number included both new and refurbished.

NOTE: 80 brigades sounds about right with all the reserve and territorial brigades formed. However all are understrength, poorly equipped and cadre weak.

There is one much more important note.
    A brigade at full strength is about 5000 men.
    So considering that all the battle brigades are fully manned, we talk about 400k active army.

We know that those are not, most of them has been decimated at multiple directions, so in a best case scenario those might be 3-4k strong each.
    That makes us 240-320k forces.
    And from reports on the ground reports, this is about the size people are calling.

That is a number that Russkie with a high probability have already killed ...

Last edited by ALAMO on Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

GarryB, d_taddei2, JohninMK and Hole like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:48 pm

To ALAMO nad FRANCO

Brian Berletic talked about 850 tanks in one of the last video links, but it is not easy to find the exact video link.

I found this related to 850 tanks... I don't want to open the links from Novaya Gazeta because it is liberal pro-Western garbage, that is, I don't want to look for the original link.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiD5Zv7jIb9AhVKlosKHQ-wBQQQFnoECBQQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmobile.twitter.com%2FTrollstoy88%2Fstatus%2F1622965326722871296&usg=AOvVaw0VPH9N2-Bzqt-lA_DiURJU

franco and ALAMO like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:18 pm

Oh, NG!
    Even better Laughing

GarryB and Podlodka77 like this post

pavi

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 2 Empty About Izium problems

Post  pavi Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:26 pm

I found quite interesting article from stalker zone today. It is about Izium retreat last summer. Maybe more informed people can comment it after reading it? https://www.stalkerzone.org/retreat-from-izyum-testimony-of-an-fsb-officer/

I read yesterday this novaya gazeta article about tank production capacity. It stated 250 new + 600 refurbished. It was very heavy mocking article, as many of you may expect. The article just repeat the garbage that russia can't produce steel for its cannons etc. I don't know, but I think it is "a bit" exaggerated, even though I don't believe that everything is so roy either.
    Azi

Post  Azi Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:27 pm

nomadski wrote:The spy drones in the Black Sea , they have Radar sideways to look at Armour movement ? Does America have a Satellites in position over area for real-time data or photo ? The Russians should know , perhaps maxar has them ? Are they real-time ? If the yanks or other , do not have real-time data on Armour and troop movement , then it makes sense to fly drone , looking sideways . Otherwise why bother ? In this case , then 100,000 private cars moving across Roads in Russia sector , could confuse the attack points . Worth a try , just before big push ?
    The drones are normally variants of the RQ-4 "Global Hawk". They have radar, high resolution cameras etc... but normally they are used to catch the electronic communication of Russian Armed Forces. All informations combined (radar, communication etc) can give a glimps of the activity at a specific frontline.

Troop gatherings are better spotted by satellites.

GarryB, flamming_python and GunshipDemocracy like this post

franco
    franco

Post  franco Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:30 pm

"Anti-Russian Novaya Gazeta admits Russia can make at least 850 tanks a year (combination of modernized tanks + new tanks), almost 2x what the West pledged for Ukraine;

Tanks Russia can make will be of varieties RuAF are familiar with operating and sustaining on the battlefield."

My thoughts were 750-900 tanks (combo) per year. Just to clarify 3 shifts cannot produce 3 x the amount as there is redundancy work in each shift (2.5 times has been mentioned and I agree based on personal experience and observations) Product increases above this would depend shift personnel and equipment increases.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, zepia, VARGR198, Hole, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:39 pm

The Russians have Uralvagonzavod, Omsktransmash and the 103rd Armored Plant near Chita, which works on the modernization of T-62 tanks.
    By the way, this is what Omsktransmash looked like 3 years ago, that is, there was a lot of work even then.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 2 F_c2rl17
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 2 F_c2rl13Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 2 F_c2rl14
    Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 2 F_c2rl15

GarryB, franco, psg, flamming_python, Werewolf, d_taddei2, Airbornewolf and like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:07 pm

I found quite interesting article from stalker zone today. It is about Izium retreat last summer. Maybe more informed people can comment it after reading it? https://www.stalkerzone.org/retreat-from-izyum-testimony-of-an-fsb-officer/

I read yesterday this novaya gazeta article about tank production capacity. It stated 250 new + 600 refurbished. It was very heavy mocking article, as many of you may expect. The article just repeat the garbage that russia can't produce steel for its cannons etc. I don't know, but I think it is "a bit" exaggerated, even though I don't believe that everything is so roy either.

Not that I want to be accused of glossing over criticism

But that article/book does read a tad sensationalist

Russian forces retreated from the Kharkov region, but there were only some 1500 or so Rosgvardia there when the Ukrainians attacked. They were already in the process of withdrawing. It wasn't due to some tactical mishaps. If Russian command had considered that region vital, it would have reinforced it. I don't believe there was some juxtaposition of ****-ups, communication failures and whatever that simply left a huge entire sector of the front-line undefended despite a firm intention to hold it. It doesn't happen on that scale.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, klahtinen, Hole, jon_deluxe and Belisarius like this post

Odin of Ossetia dislikes this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:18 pm

Isn't the whole STALKER thing Ukro origin?
    Asking as never been a fan.
    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:19 pm

TO FP

I'm still not sure that Russia wants to capture/liberate Kharkov.
    The problem is the population in Kharkov, Odessa or Nikolaev, because even if the Russians take all those cities, a large part of the population will still leave them. Although, capturing Odessa is "locking" the Black Sea to any future Ukroshitstan as a state.
    After that, the Russians need to seize Istanbul and have an open entrance to the Mediterranean Sea and a "clean" exit from the Black Sea. I'm joking about the latter, although I can't regret that Constantinople is in Turkish hands.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:22 pm

Tsarist Russian Empire was quite close to that goal my friend once Twisted Evil

GunshipDemocracy, Rodion_Romanovic and Podlodka77 like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:24 pm

To ALAMO...

That's right bro, that's exactly why I wrote it... welcome
    You deserve another drink ! thumbsup

ALAMO, GunshipDemocracy and Rodion_Romanovic like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:45 pm

This statement wins for the idiocy of the day at least as far as I'm concerned..

February 8, 13:44
    Military operation in Ukraine

Sunak says UK expects Ukraine to win 'decisive victory' in 2023

The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom announced that his country intends to start training pilots of the Armed Forces of Ukraine to fly fighter jets in service with NATO, and will also begin to train Ukrainian marines

LONDON, 8 February. /TASS/. Britain expects Ukraine to win a "decisive victory" over Russian forces in 2023. This, speaking on Wednesday in the House of Commons of the British Parliament, said Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Rishi Sunak.

"I want to assure the Chamber that we will continue to support Ukraine to ensure it has a decisive victory on the battlefield this year," the head of government said.

He also announced that the UK intends to start training pilots of the Armed Forces of Ukraine to fly fighter jets in service with NATO, and will also begin to train Ukrainian marines. The expansion of the training program for fighters of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the kingdom is timed to coincide with the visit to London of Ukrainian President and Nazi **** Volodymyr Zelensky, who will soon address members of the British Parliament.

In weekly conversations with parliamentarians, Sunak avoided answering the question of whether he intends to increase the kingdom's defense budget beyond the amount approved by former Prime Minister Boris Johnson. He also did not make any promises regarding the possibility of confiscation of Russian assets frozen in the country, the recognition of Wagner PMC as a terrorist organization, and Russia as a state sponsoring terrorism.

https://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/16995893

GarryB and Big_Gazza like this post

Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:06 pm

Costantinople will be freed sooner or later.

I doubt Russia will be able to keep it, but it will be great if it could go to a new neutral and not Atlantic aligned Greco-Roman federation. (I suggest latin as main official language and Italian and modern Greek as everyday working languages)

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:24 pm

To Rodion....

It's too late for that, my friend, and the population has drastically increased in Turkey since the disappearance of the Russian Empire, which for me is the most tragic event in the history of Russia.
    But let's not deviate from the topic. Greetings to you... Very Happy
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:30 pm

There is place here in Krautland for more Turkish families.

And some greeks, Italians and christian Slavs can move instead to Anatolia.

Furthermore according to the prophecy of father Paisios a large part of current Turks will convert to the Greek orthodox faith after the liberation of Costantinople.

Podlodka77 likes this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:33 pm

To RODION...

Bro, you are even crazier than me…. Laughing Laughing Laughing
    Everyone should stand behind who they are. ALAMO and I are not of the same religion and that is not important, but what matters is how a person thinks.

I don't like utopias (European Union, USSR, SFRY), violent creations (Nazi Germany, again EU and USSR, SFRY), Nazism (Nazi Germany, again EU) and fascism (Italy, Nazi Germany and again - EU)...
    littlerabbit
    littlerabbit

Post  littlerabbit Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:56 pm

Who knows what will happen in the future...Turkey is not 100% Turks. More than 20 million are Kurds and there are a lot of other minorities, including 8 million people of Serbian origin (they still remember from where they come from and some of them actually knows a little of Serbian language, so you can never know).  What a Face

After WW1 Turkey almost seized to exist, it was saved only thanks to United Kingdom.

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:05 pm

U.K. has nothing to do with saving Turkey after the First World War.

Essentially the Turks saved themselves.

dionis

Post  dionis Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:07 pm

@FP.

You gotta stop with the Rosgvardia only comment.

There were obviously elements of the 1st Guards Tank Army as they left T-80BVMs behind, plus some other rather good gear.

Someone has said on Slavyangrad that Russia has 2, maybe one high res imaging satellite in orbit? Sounds rather dismal - Shoigu even admitted with not quite such words.

Odin of Ossetia likes this post

Odin of Ossetia
    Odin of Ossetia

Post  Odin of Ossetia Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:17 pm

"P.S.concening the training of ukrianian pilots I am curious if Russia should openly declare that they are going to train military forces for the IRA (irish republican army) and for a Scottish independence army."

The problem here is:

IRA - practically useless and defunct or close to it.

"Scottish independence army" - does not even exist.

Arming willing Poles to sabotage the supply lines to Ukraine makes much more sense:

http://michalw.narod.ru/index-ZiemiLubelskiej.html

http://michalw.narod.ru/index-ZiemiKieleckiej.html

http://michalw.narod.ru/index-SynowieMazowsza.html

http://michalw.narod.ru/index-GL.html

http://michalw.narod.ru/index-GL42.html

GarryB likes this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:27 pm

To Dionis...

I think it's about other variants of the T-80 tanks, but not the T-80BVM..

As for the 1st Guards Tank Army, it had the following at the beginning of 2021.

* Separate tank battalion of the 27th motorized rifle brigade - 40 T-90A and T-90M tanks (eight T-90M received in 2021). Over and above the state, several T-14 tanks were attached to conduct military tests. By the end of the year, to completely replace the T-90A tanks, the brigade will receive the first twenty serial T-14 tanks.

* 6th tank brigade - three tank battalions - 93 T-72B3M tanks. Above the state - one training tank company on T-72B3 tanks

* 2nd Guards M. I. Kalinin Taman Motor Rifle Division
    - 1st tank regiment - three tank battalions - 93 T-72B3M tanks
    - Tank battalion of the 1st motorized rifle regiment - 27 T-90A tanks and 13 T-72B3 tanks
    - Tank battalion of the 15th motorized rifle regiment - 21 T-72B3 tanks and 10 T-72B tanks

* 4th Guards Kantemirovskaya
    - 12th tank regiment, three tank battalions - 93 T-80U and T-80UE-1 tanks.
    - 13th tank regiment, three tank battalions - 93 T-80U and T-80UE-1 tanks.
    - Tank battalion of the 423rd motorized rifle regiment - 21 T-80BVM tanks and 20 T-80BV tanks.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjS3JCjuIb9AhUIp4sKHUVkAxIQFnoECA4QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fbmpd.livejournal.com%2F4393829.html&usg=AOvVaw2TRjMxOBsLRtzrvH8PWbwd

zardof, littlerabbit and Hole like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:50 pm