Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+65
Werewolf
mavaff
ahmedfire
zepia
berhoum
Tolstoy
Sujoy
RTN
ludovicense
DerWolf
Walther von Oldenburg
Godric
mack8
higurashihougi
Stealthflanker
d_taddei2
Kiko
ucmvulcan
Isos
thegopnik
zare
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
TMA1
Scorpius
xeno
Firebird
PhSt
Regular
limb
GunshipDemocracy
SeigSoloyvov
zorobabel
caveat emptor
JohninMK
Broski
lyle6
Mir
Arrow
Dr.Snufflebug
Arkanghelsk
Erk
sepheronx
kvs
Big_Gazza
Airbornewolf
mnztr
dionis
Odin of Ossetia
littlerabbit
Azi
pavi
Podlodka77
nomadski
franco
flamming_python
Hole
famschopman
Rodion_Romanovic
GarryB
ALAMO
billybatts91
Backman
PapaDragon
VARGR198
69 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  sepheronx Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:21 am

I like how Ukraine keeps begging to China. They think that China can benefit more from them than from Russia when China needs Russian resources just to stay competitive and not reliant on the US.

I guess they think China is about as stupid as they are.

Ukraine is constantly begging and I'm honestly surprised people still fall for it.

Edit: @KVS, I didn't hear any of that. Actually, it was more like stoltenberg saying nato won't get involved and borell begging everyone to hand over non working tanks.

GarryB, d_taddei2, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 40 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38

Post  thegopnik Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:28 am

PapaDragon wrote:Nothing will happen

Why do you think anything would happen?

I am hoping that those three Russian 4 Xs not in the frontlines are not just there to jack off for the entire war watching Wagner and AFU fight it out. https://militaryland.net/maps/deployment-map/

flamming_python likes this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:40 am

So I see what KVS was saying as I saw it posted on intel Slava. The funny thing about the Munich conference was all these European leaders talking tough but not a single one of them is willing to go to war with Russia over Ukraine.

Instead, they are all saying they don't have enough weapons to help Ukraine, let alone themselves.

At this point, they just make themselves look absolutely stupid and with their rather empty words, they also prove to everyone else that they aren't a defense pact and that they provoked Russia thus hence rest of the world can use their little circle jerk as a tool against them.

GarryB, flamming_python, d_taddei2, Big_Gazza, Hole, Mir, Broski and like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:10 am

I think it's clear that Uncle Sam is running the show. Europe is at much under control as Ukraine.

Honestly, I wasn't expected the US to wield such influence.

GarryB, d_taddei2, par far, JohninMK, famschopman and Broski like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:31 am

The problem is not whether some vassal state is prepared to fight. They weren't prepared to fight in 1914 either. The problem
    is the circle-jerk yapping in a spiral towards a world war. The assumption of rational decision making is not justified. It is a collective
    regime psychosis.

GarryB, flamming_python, zardof, LMFS, Mir, Broski, jon_deluxe and Belisarius like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:03 am

I have a sense that a year on from the conflict , there appears a convergence in opinion about the situation . Not only among those with closely related positions previously , but among different people and nationalities . The outcome of this war is not entirely predictable , and Russian planners should allow for flexibility in approach , in a way that allows any instrument of planning , a value or place , in cases of different situations , and outcomes .

Serberus
    Serberus

Post  Serberus Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:59 am

Theres seems to be a shitload of fanfare surrounding the upcoming speech by President Putin, a lot more than his previous speeches, I don’t see what he could possibly announce to warrant this kind of spectacle. We know Russia wont declare war, we know the conflict is a grind that won’t end any time soon so I assume some medals will be handed out and it will be just as underwhelming as the previous ones.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:23 am

Yes Russia did annex parts of Ukraine when you go on with force and absorb another countries territory that is literally the definition of annexation.

They were invited in to four autonomous regions of the Ukraine by those regions to resist violence and aggression from their own government in Kiev, who was violating agreements signed with Germany and France and Russia regarding procedures to proceed with negotiations that Kiev violated every day of the 8 years they were in effect.

Russia has more right to be there than US forces currently in Syria stealing oil.

Can say whatever you want doesn't change that's what happened and any nuclear attack on Poland will lead to a western nuclear response, then that lead's to the end of everything

I can say whatever I want, and so can you, but do you honestly think if Poland sends troops into the Ukraine on whatever pretext that Russia will just ignore them... if so then why doesn't the US send in the marines and the airborne to occupy just behind the front line so Russia can't move forward without risking getting nuked?

If Poland joins this conflict Article 5 means nothing at all and there is no requirement for any other HATO member to join or help them... especially after the missiles landing on their (Polish) territory start destroying things.

You want to play stupid games... win stupid prizes.

It's none-sense to think you can nuke a country who isn't directly marching on your capital and get away with it.

You mean like Imperial Japan?

It is absolutely necessary for Ukrainians to leave these cities. The Russian Armed Forces will no longer conduct a police operation. Such nonsense as it was in Mariupol, when the position of an enemy sniper/machine gunner could not be demolished because in a dilapidated five-story building "there can be civilians", will no longer apply.
    And after all the horrific videos of tortures and shootings of our soldiers, the joyful reaction of a large number of Ukrainians to them, the attitude of soldiers and officers to "peaceful population" has changed somewhat.”

Interesting on its own...

I rember that in 2014- 2015, every time that vice president Boden visited Kiev, the 404 military (together with the neonazy battalions) increased the amount of shelling and bombardments against the Donbass.

And it reminds me that members like PD who want the head of the snake attacked and the whole country leveled would love the opportunity to kill the actual head of the snake himself Creepy Joe, without which this entire shit show probably would never have kicked off.

Is he a martyr being offered by those in power in the US to get rid of a problem and blame Russia for it?

What happens if a Ukrainian kills him like Maiden with the Georgian snipers hired to shoot both sides to get panic and hysteria to make changes you can't make in peace time with level heads...

I can imagine a growing need for Russian leadership to contain / curb the growing political influence of Prigozhin as to avoid lobbying or influence of public opinion.

They clearly don't care about public opinion as most Russians seem to want them to move faster yet they do not move faster to please the social media, they move at the pace they move to keep losses down.

Based on that I don't think they would withhold ammo and risk the lives of soldiers and allies either... perhaps they are crying wolf...

Oh, by the way, Prigo is Kremlins man and has no political ambitions. I think over so many years he proved that he is trustworthy and not some James Bond villain like media wants to portray him

The ammo resources of even Russia are not unlimited and if they are being diverted to other places ready for certain upcoming events then local shortages would be to be expected... but also not likely to last for long periods.

That's a cuck move by Russia. How does Russia know what the Anglo satanists have in mind ? They could have rooftop snipers ready to take Biden out. Then what ? All Russia had to say was we guarantee nothing.

Or hire some Georgian snipers and say it wasn't Russia...

Guys from VDV were just harvesting the whole area with ZU-23-2 on BMD ... That monster makes about 3x more firepower Laughing
    Yes I know, it is just 2x more barrels, but those are cooled and can shoot longer Twisted Evil

Their belts are longer than 50 rounds per gun, and as you mention they are water cooled.

Honestly, I wasn't expected the US to wield such influence.

I knew Europe was a weak vassal, but didn't realise they were so flaccid they would accept being cut off from cheap energy by a so called ally and then thank them for it.

Theres seems to be a shitload of fanfare surrounding the upcoming speech by President Putin, a lot more than his previous speeches, I don’t see what he could possibly announce to warrant this kind of spectacle. We know Russia wont declare war, we know the conflict is a grind that won’t end any time soon so I assume some medals will be handed out and it will be just as underwhelming as the previous ones.

Some people are victims of their own over inflated expectations.

Perhaps he will announce new entries into BRICS, or perhaps he is going to cut all energy supplies to the west in response to all the bullshit the west is doing to Russia and all the terrorist activity going on...

d_taddei2, par far, kvs, Hole, Broski and Podlodka77 like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:32 am

Their belts are longer than 50 rounds per gun, and as you mention they are water cooled.

They have 500 pcs boxes for each gun.
    You can open a sawmill having one Laughing
    I would say that the tactic for using them is quite innovative.
    Never saw this earlier, in Chechenya the ZU-23-2 were used in a much more conventional way.

GarryB, d_taddei2, kvs, Broski and Belisarius like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:45 am

We had a discussion in this thread about sabotage in Russia. Some claimed it was accidents being over-interpreted as sabotage. Well,
    according to Hersch's sources there are sleeper cells in Russia and they have been activated. Mercouris speculates that it is the UK that
    is involved since it has a lot of hostile "ex-pat Russians" to use for such activity. It can recruit these losers and send them back.

But it looks to me like the sabotage is a fail. It has not disrupted any economic activity or supplies to the front. No, it has not resulted
    in any munitions shortage so the Wagner melodrama is some other BS.

'Send them back'?

First of all - how? It can annul their visas, but they'd sooner relocate to Thailand than go back to Russia

And this brings me up to the next point - the whole reason for their 'hostility' to Russia is because they don't want to live there and don't want to be associated with the country, and they certainly won't be going undercover and risking their lives on account of the British. They're not motivated by ideals, but by the material gains as they see of it living comfortably in a rich country. Being sent 'back' to Russia abrogates all the goals they set for themselves in life.
    By all means would many of those Russians be ready to co-operate with London. But only from afar. Without going anywhere. And certainly not at any kind of personal risk.

The only real sleeper cells the West has in Russia are not liberal-sellouts who have all escaped from the country, but Ukrainian nationalists living in the country and the occasional groups of Anarchist idiots who got up to some hooliganism in recent years and were praised by the Western media for it.

sepheronx and Broski like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:53 am

https://vk.com/wall-123538639_3459371

and an hour before the speech of the President, Yevgeny Prigozhin made a very bold and strong statement, in which he directly accused the Chief of the General Staff and the Minister of Defense of counteracting the Wagner PMC: - Akhmat and other units shared what they could. - The generals around the leadership of the group sign documents, including those for which the military prosecutor's office will put in a cell, just to provide for us. - The Chief of the General Staff and the Minister of Defense give orders not only not to provide Wagner PMC with ammunition, but also not to help us with air transport. - Now information has come that they have crossed out the receipt of sapper shovels so that the guys can dig in. “There is a complete opposition and an attempt to destroy the Wagner PMC, which can be equated with treason when the fighters are fighting for Bakhmut.” wrote:

owais.usmani likes this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:59 am

@KVS
    Certainly the British media and its corrupt snr politicians.
    But British people... to some extent see through all the lies in our media.

Britain is one of the most closed countries in the World in terms of its Establishment. Comparable to feudal Arab monarchies, the caste system of India and more. Put simply the "ruling class" talk differently, live differently, look different, come from completely different backgrounds and are to all intents and purposes basically a different "nationality" from the remaining 99% or so. They control the media, most of finance, government, judiciary, the major political parties, the lot.

Their only "rivals" are the internationalist Establishment of Davos and Washington.

No matter how unpopular Britain's foreign policies are, the majority of the population are unable to change it.
    Marx's claims of "false class consciousness" are as relevant today in England as they were 150 years ago. (Ironic given that the fucker is actually buried in N London and planned for England, not Russia to be the first Soviet Union!)

franco, flamming_python, Big_Gazza, kvs, wilhelm, Hole, Mir and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:06 am

Putin starts his speech right now.

GarryB likes this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #38 - Page 40 Empty Russian special military operation in Ukraine #39

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:20 am

Putin needs to fire his speechwriter. Smile Out of all the crap available, he picked "Edelweiss" as an example of a nazi-esque UA thing.

Sure, but there were/are Russian regiments with the same name. It's not inherently nazi, just a common symbol for mountaineers etc.
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:29 am

But this time he was only 5 min late Laughing

Till now, nothing really important.

I will edit with things that I find interesting, so feel free to add your perspective folks.

Edit : a special federal-level fund will be established to cover all the physical needs of families of the fallen and wounded. Every single family of the fallen, or wounded, shall receive a personal social care assistant. The structure will be independent of the existing social structures that cover all the existing allocations.

Edit 2 : all the soldiers who presented themselves will be prioritized for promotions, access to military academies, and positions in civilian structures at the local and federal levels.

Edit 3 : workers of MIC will be secured at the federal level, and a project of building social apartments will be established. Those will be cofinanced y the federal budget and granted to the people at rates much below the market ones.

Edit 4 : the scale of business support totaled one trillion RUR (trillion in Russian meaning, not Anglosaxon, so add zero). And that was not financed by debt emission, but hard cash.
    Turnover on RUR doubled and totals 1/3 of all, and with the other "friendly" currencies jumped over 50%.

Edit 5 : 3.7% unemployment rate - a historical low. Some other economic parameters, like record harvest, record export potential, record roadbuilding. GDP growth already in Q3&Q4 2022, new GDP growth cycle follows.

Edit 6 : special attention for N-S transport corridor, 4.5m draft vessels are already going there. A transcontinental road will be extended up to Vladivostok, with extensions to Kazachstan and Mongolia.

Edit 7 : tons of federal subsidia projects, 4.5 trl RUB for living infrastructure, new loan fund for enterprises, subsidized by the govt, with modernization credit up to 0.5bln RUR.

Edit 8 : liquidity of the banking system is stable. Increase in corporate loans +14%, no external financing sources are needed. Inflation in 2023 will be closing the CBR goal of ... 4%.

Edit 9 : a mass program of deoffshoring of the economy, all business shall work under Russian jurisdiction.

Edit 10 : lol1  no regular Russian citizen felt sorry for the oligarchs who lost their wealth in the West

Edit 11 : a mass Russification of Novorussia territory will be carried with the cultural means.

Edit 12 : new tools for supporting young scientists and specialists. An enormous increase in middle-level education graduates who can find a job easily. This is much more than it seems, as he announced a de facto total redirection of the educational system and binding it with the economy.  Transgression will be fluid, existing students can finish the process witheen old system or redirect to the new one.

Edit 13 : giant increase in family support. Indexation of all the allowances. Putin instructed to cover the maternity capital for ALL families in new territories ... since 2007.

edit 14 : more than doubling tax relief for expenses covering education and healthcare.

Edit 15 : started to be interesting. Russia is freezing the START agreements. Rusia will resume nuclear testing if US will.

Last edited by ALAMO on Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:47 am; edited 14 times in total

GarryB, franco, flamming_python, Airbornewolf, kvs, Manov, Rodion_Romanovic and like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:54 am

I think its the fact the Edelweiss name was chosen very recently. And he was mentioning in passing.

GarryB and Belisarius like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:18 am