Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+71
lyle6
marcellogo
jhelb
OminousSpudd
psg
ArgentinaGuard
0nillie0
owais.usmani
xeno
eridan
ATLASCUB
mnrck
Azi
sundoesntrise
Serberus
Ispan
TMA1
VARGR198
LMFS
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Belisarius
GunshipDemocracy
Tolstoy
Ned86
PhSt
Airbornewolf
Firebird
Scorpius
limb
Werewolf
Mir
11E
adder
Arrow
kvs
GarryB
Rodion_Romanovic
Sujoy
Dr.Snufflebug
lancelot
flamming_python
PapaDragon
crod
par far
mnztr
franco
Isos
dionis
Broski
ucmvulcan
Erk
Regular
calripson
nomadski
ludovicense
billybatts91
Arkanghelsk
Podlodka77
JohninMK
thegopnik
Stealthflanker
Walther von Oldenburg
sepheronx
Big_Gazza
zorobabel
SolidarityWithRussia
SeigSoloyvov
Hole
caveat emptor
ALAMO
Backman
75 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:15 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Mass grave found in Izyum
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/mass-grave-more-than-440-bodies-found-izium-ukraine-police-2022-09-15/
    Russian army made a video of a burial of said soldiers. I believe it was recorded sometime in May.

par far, ALAMO, BliTTzZ and Mir like this post

Hole
    Hole

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 2 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25

Post  Hole Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:23 pm

sepheronx wrote:Apparently Volunteers also get a ton of benefits too.  It was either posted here before or on one of the telegram channels.
    Yes, but they´re not pulled away from their working place or families. No disruptions for the economy or angry wifes. 

The other side, from an Saker article:

By the way, some sofa-generals have pointed out to me that the Ukraine has 30M people and that it can continue to throw meat at Russian forces for a long time.  I disagree. For starters, the real population is under 30M, but that is not even the point.  If you have 100 people, only a certain percentage (say 25%) can be used as soldiers (even old clueless Volkssturmers).  “Ze” spoke of “only” ONE million soldiers, and that included everybody from the local cop to the top army generals.  But even the one million misses that point.  The Ukronazis are have massive manpower shortages (hence their constant waves of mobilization which I have lost track of) not only due to the Russian meat-grinder, but because many/most Ukrainians are trying to avoid being set to the frontlines.  The rich have already left (either for the EU or Russia), the really hardcore nationalists are being killed en masse by the Russians.  The numbers of Ukronazi soldiers pretty well trained by NATO is only in the tens of thousands.  As for the Ukronazi elite forces (death squads, diversionary-reconnaissance groups, terrorists gangs and GUR/SBU special forces), they are many a few thousands max (probably a few hundreds).
    Also, whatever the actual size of the Ukronazis forces currently may be, the bigger the force, the bigger the logistical difficulties in keeping these forces at the right locations and adequately resupplied. And, of course, the closer these Ukrainian forces are the more the Russian can destroy them AND their supply lines.
    So, my alternatively gifted sofa-generals, you can wave your Ukie flags even harder, just don’t get your hopes too high :-)

GarryB, Werewolf, Big_Gazza, kvs, ALAMO, BliTTzZ, Mir and like this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:24 pm

Backman wrote:
    Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Mass grave found in Izyum
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/mass-grave-more-than-440-bodies-found-izium-ukraine-police-2022-09-15/

STFU. Call it what it is. Another propaganda psyop. I reported on it 2 pages ago
    More on that:

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/09/ukraine-dissecting-some-war-propaganda-news-items.html#more

GarryB, par far, Big_Gazza, kvs, Mir and Belisarius like this post

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:25 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if the Saker and Martyanov venture over to team doom if things keep going as they are.
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:26 pm

JohninMK wrote:Today's new allocation of US gifts

As for the newly approved $600 million package, the package includes the following according to a Department of Defense list:

Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS)
       36,000 105mm artillery rounds
       1,000 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds
       Four counter-artillery radars
       Four trucks and eight trailers to transport heavy equipment
       Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems
       Mine clearing equipment
       Claymore anti-personnel munitions
       Demolition munitions and equipment
       Small arms and ammunition
       Night vision devices, cold weather gear, and other field equipment
    Still part of the first "aid" package.
    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:41 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:
    I am ashamed that this "mountaineer" is my countryman. Alamo, you'll sooner reach the next nearest star than explain anything to him. A complete idiot...

Oh, a connoisseur of Romanov's German sausage entered the chat. Believe me son, feeling is mutual.
    They've let you out for the weekend? How's therapy progressing?
    I can bet that everything you've seen from the foreign countries is Nesebar and Paralia.

Listen to me crowbar, you are not worthy to write with me. It is better for you to climb that mountain in the picture and breathe fresh air than to blow something else.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:44 pm

Putin said that the special operation's overall plan won't see any major alterations. "The plan is not subject to adjustment, the General Staff makes operational decisions during the operation...This work continues despite these counteroffensive attempts by the Ukrainian military," he said.

Putin emphasized that Moscow is "in no hurry" to reach its objectives, and using only contract troops, not the full force of the Russian army.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:45 pm

"Our troops were withdrawn from the Kiev direction to create conditions for concluding such an agreement. Instead, the authorities in Kiev immediately abandoned all agreements, threw them in a box, and announced that they would not seek any agreements with Russia, but victory on the battlefield. Well, be our guests," Putin said.

Putin stressed that Russia was "serious" about the security guarantee idea hammered out in the course of talks in the spring, and recalled that guarantees were required from Russia, major Western powers and Turkey. "In general, we agreed with this. There were some things that required minor adjustments, but we agreed in general. This was a very important demand but Kiev authorities then delayed it," he lamented.
    Arkanghelsk
    Arkanghelsk

Post  Arkanghelsk Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:46 pm

So the Kremlins bet, is that the West won't last the duration of the conflict which they will keep going for long time

Based on Putins words

Hopefully he's right- if he's wrong, it's a fatal error

thegopnik and owais.usmani like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:51 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:

Listen to me crowbar, you are not worthy to write with me. It is better for you to climb that mountain in the picture and breathe fresh air than to blow something else.

Eventually, therapy will start to work. Don't lose hope. Medicine does wonders nowadays. Blowing and sucking i'm leaving to you. Hence the German sausage comment.

"That mountain" is none other than Matterhorn. Great climb. I can recommend.

owais.usmani likes this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:53 pm

caveat emptor wrote:
    Podlodka77 wrote:

Eventually, therapy will start to work. Don't lose hope. Medicine does wonders nowadays. Blowing and sucking i'm leaving to you. Hence the German sausage comment.

"That mountain" is none other than Matterhorn. Great climb. I can recommend.

Clint Eastwood said in Dirty Harry "a man must know his limitations" which you don't understand. That's how you regularly swallow fatty sausages from others in the comments, but you are not aware of it. People here tear you like a condom. I assume you like the BBC, but that doesn't apply to British TV.

psg likes this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:59 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:

Clint Eastwood said in Dirty Harry "a man must know his limitations" which you don't understand. That's how you regularly swallow fatty sausages from others in the comments, but you are not aware of it. People here tear you like a condom. I assume you like the BBC, but that doesn't apply to British TV.
    I think that it is time for your pills. They shouldn't let you among regular folks. Obviously, you're still not ready.
    Stop ruining the thread.

Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:10 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:Putin said that the special operation's overall plan won't see any major alterations. "The plan is not subject to adjustment, the General Staff makes operational decisions during the operation...This work continues despite these counteroffensive attempts by the Ukrainian military," he said.

Putin emphasized that Moscow is "in no hurry" to reach its objectives, and using only contract troops, not the full force of the Russian army.

He could be lying. He's done that in this war before. He better be lying.

Anyway other news

The Pentagon expects that NASAMS SAMs will be delivered to Ukraine within two months.

Pentagon spokesman Patrick Ryder said at a briefing. So in other words, they are already there and will be used at any moment.
    billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:19 pm

Putin doesn't seem interested in this war.

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:21 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:So the Kremlins bet, is that the West won't last the duration of the conflict which they will keep going for long time

Based on Putins words

He's dead wrong. The hate for Russia and Russians in the West will prolong this war for as long as the West wants. They will never ever give Russia a victory for free out of being tired of supporting Ukraine. He's delusional.
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:33 pm

They should announce that they will start constructing and building a mosque some where in ukraine, to piss off the ukrainians even more since they are all nationalists along with plenty of jews supporting this war. Laughing
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:36 pm

Yeah. They want an escalation. An escalation that they will lose !

par far and Big_Gazza like this post

ludovicense
    ludovicense

Post  ludovicense Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:54 pm

Arkanghelsk wrote:So the Kremlins bet, is that the West won't last the duration of the conflict which they will keep going for long time

Based on Putins words

The tactic is clear.... destroy material and manpower as much as possible. Leaving an unbearable cost of lives for Ukraine and material for its western suppliers.... if need be, he changes tactics. There's a resource for that. Equally important is economic warfare. Russia will break Europe, which will not have cheap energy, making production unfeasible. Putin is thinking strategically, not localized combat.

sepheronx, GarryB, Big_Gazza, Rodion_Romanovic, BliTTzZ, Broski, Belisarius and Podlodka77 like this post

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:09 pm

ludovicense wrote:

Based on Putins words

The tactic is clear.... destroy material and manpower as much as possible. Leaving an unbearable cost of lives for Ukraine and material for its western suppliers.... if need be, he changes tactics. There's a resource for that. Equally important is economic warfare. Russia will break Europe, which will not have cheap energy, making production unfeasible. Putin is thinking strategically, not localized combat.

This was obvious back then too. They are hoping that EU will eventually feel the pinch to the point backing out and Winter is best time for that. If by Mid Winter and the EU is willing to take heavy losses, then things may ratchet up.

GarryB, par far, BliTTzZ and Belisarius like this post

nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:27 pm

I have said before " Ukrainians will run out of bodies , before Russia runs out of bullets . "  And  that " the West will run out of fuel ( most probably )  , before Russia runs out of reserves . "  But neither of these things will stop the war , and stop missile strikes against Russia , since you only need a small , well paid crew to launch missiles. And neither of these things will remove Nazis from Kiev , since you need to occupy entire Ukraine for sometime , to ensure that . and neither of these things will ensure that Russian fuel embargo against West , will work in time for sure . So a prolonged operation , as it stands now , will not achieve the stated aim of denazification and demilitarization . The only action that will achieve these aims , is a surge in forces , enabling entire Ukraine to be cleared of Nazis . A surge is possible and will not damage the economy , if it is in the order of a few weeks , enough time to capture most Nazis . After this surge , a more modest number ( equal to present numbers of a little more ) will patrol the borders of Ukraine  . If per chance , it does not work , then nothing , or much less is lost . Economic activity can return to normal . But if it works it will end the war , together with the cost of the war in blood and treasure , in the long term .

Last edited by nomadski on Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    calripson

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 2 Empty He Is Wrong

Post  calripson Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:30 pm

billybatts91 wrote:

Based on Putins words

He's dead wrong. The hate for Russia and Russians in the West will prolong this war for as long as the West wants. They will never ever give Russia a victory for free out of being tired of supporting Ukraine. He's delusional.

Putin's calculus seems to be the West - and in particular Europe - will break and seek a compromise. The US/UK are relatively unscathed and in fact important interest groups like the MIC are making money hand over fist. The neocons are practically orgasmic at the thought of manipulating Ukrainians and Russians to kill each other (real Orthodox brotherhood). The flaw in Putin's logic is the West can always up the ante in terms of provocations to the point where he has to react. Bombing Belgorod might not get a rise out of the Russian population. I bet bombing Moscow does.

nomadski and ucmvulcan like this post

Regular
    Regular

Post  Regular Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:32 pm

The problem is that US is willing to sacrifice EU for this and destroy it’s economy just to hurt Russia.
    Europeans are too docile to do anything about it

Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, nomadski, Broski and ucmvulcan like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:35 pm

Our economy nor would the EU be sacrificed over sending mere equipment, I you guys think the west will crash over the current situation buts that hilariously misguided and just mind blowing feeble minded logic.

A case of when fan boys hope their wet dreams will become reality but it won't
    Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:41 pm

Scott Ritter ex UN weapons inspector, on the Grayzone live stream earlier today.
    thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:47 pm

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #25 - Page 2 Fczu6q10

also more chechens or caucasians on the way or whatever since I dont feel like being corrected again.https://twitter.com/mdfzeh/status/1570856580404641794

Firebird, BliTTzZ, Hole, Mir and Podlodka77 like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:31 pm