Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+64
Karl Haushofer
par far
calripson
bandit6
Mir
limb
Azi
Isos
LMFS
Big_Gazza
TMA1
ALAMO
nomadski
lyle6
Erk
kvs
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
mnztr
caveat emptor
dionis
0nillie0
mr_hd
rfan
Arsenic
zorobabel
ludovicense
Dr.Snufflebug
billybatts91
Rodion_Romanovic
OminousSpudd
Ispan
Singular_Transform
psg
Werewolf
crod
Firebird
Scorpius
PapaDragon
PhSt
flamming_python
Odin of Ossetia
Regular
JohninMK
ATLASCUB
lancelot
walle83
Airbornewolf
Stealthflanker
ucmvulcan
VARGR198
ArgentinaGuard
SeigSoloyvov
Podlodka77
Arrow
Belisarius
andalusia
Broski
Arkanghelsk
sepheronx
GarryB
thegopnik
franco
Backman
Hole
68 posters

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Azi

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Post  Azi Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:52 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Ukrainian forces in this region can easily be redeployed to the northern areas. And then Russia is massively outmatched. The Oskol river is a good defense line for Russia, but unfortunately also for Ukrainian Forces. They can move large groups to other theaters of war and small forces can pin down easy any russian advance over the river.

When they group up to fight they can be hit by artillery and dumb bombs and dumb rockets.

Is it your nazi trained HATO soldiers have become super soldiers overnight... nazis by day... superior to Russian forces by night... what a transformation western propaganda is able to achieve.

Almost as if they are lying.  Rolling Eyes
    I hope so! Crush them, squeeze them, kill them!!!

Beside Geneva Conventions and no use of nuclear weapons ALL gloves should be put off and show this NAZI bitch ass trash what real might and power looks like.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 38 Empty Re: Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23

Post  GarryB Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:52 pm

Abandoned Russian equipment during withdrawal as planned.

Stripped of equipment and tool panniers empty... HMGs all removed...

Looks to me like they don't expect to be away for very long...

kvs, Hole, Broski and Belisarius like this post

SolidarityWithRussia

Post  SolidarityWithRussia Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:54 pm

Hopefully Russia will reconquer the lost parts before Ukrainian Nazis have the time to massacre Pro-Russian residents and then blame their own crimes on Russia. A second propaganda show like in Butscha is the last thing we need.

kvs, BliTTzZ and Belisarius like this post

Azi

Post  Azi Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:55 pm

Arrow wrote:Abandoned Russian equipment during withdrawal as planned.
    https://twitter.com/tinso_ww/status/1568880258631221249?s=20&t=8lGRrlm3QJlr8clp-T2aFA

No critisicsm! It's a 5D masterplan from Kremlin. clown

But to be honest...equipment looks damaged. Is of no use.
    Azi

Post  Azi Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:58 pm

SolidarityWithRussia wrote:Hopefully Russia will reconquer the lost parts before Ukrainian Nazis have the time to massacre Pro-Russian residents and then blame their own crimes on Russia. A second propaganda show like in Butscha is the last thing we need.

It is as certain as amen in church that that is exactly what will happen. For the Western NAZi propaganda press, the Russians must be portrayed as a primitive barbaric subhumans. I'm sure film crews are already there!

BliTTzZ likes this post

Azi

Post  Azi Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:04 pm

New map of Russian MoD shows everything west of the Oskol river abandoned.

Russian special military operation in Ukraine #23 - Page 38 Img_2012

Okay enough of shitstorm...I have no power and mood to critize anymore! Russian MoD and the Kremlin must get the head out of their ass to win this war. They should adapt quickly! Next ukrainian offensive in the making in the Ugledar direction.

BliTTzZ dislikes this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:24 pm

Ukraine covered exactly 8,370 km2 of land within 96 hours.
    Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:26 pm

Here you write more and more about weapons of mass destruction.
    I see many here are calling for Russia to use FOAB bombs which leads to exactly what I wrote - tactical nuclear strikes.
    Which you are ashamed of, since you yourself know that it is the best solution. So the H-102 or the nuclear version of the 9M729 missile from the Iskander-K system. If the West does not stop and we see that Russia does not want to lose a large number of soldiers in Ukroshitstan (and the USA would lose the same or even greater number of soldiers in such a conflict), then eventually there will be tactical nuclear strikes.
    If Russia opens this chapter by renaming the SMO to war, then I don't rule out any option.
    And if Russia declares a state of war, then the clause for the use of nuclear weapons can be applied, for example "The survival of Russia is threatened" (one of the terms of use), because in that case the Russians would start cleaning up.

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:33 pm

A nuclear war is not an option - unless NATzo attacks Russia directly (not happening). So forget about these wet dreams of a nuclear war - its not going to happen.

d_taddei2, Hole and Belisarius like this post

Firebird

Post  Firebird Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:35 pm

|Arm America's enemies. Make America suffer.
    And the Empire of Satan will shrivel up like the Wicked Witch of the West in a swimming pool.

GarryB and BliTTzZ like this post

Podlodka77
    Podlodka77

Post  Podlodka77 Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:37 pm

Mir wrote:A nuclear war is not an option - unless NATzo attacks Russia directly (not happening). So forget about these wet dreams of a nuclear war - its not going to happen.

You are wrong, these are not my dreams and I do not wish for them, I have already written that the declaration of war could lead to the use of nuclear weapons. The West does not want to stop, it has no brakes, so it is clear that they want this conflict to last for years. I am convinced that it will not last for years because everything has its end, especially Russian patience.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:38 pm

Anyway this retreat reminds me of the first "betrayal" Georgian people accuse Russia.

At the end of the 18th century the east Georgian kingdom of Kartli-Kakheti signed an alliance with Russia (becoming a sort of vassal kingdom to the Russian empire but maintaing most of its sovereignity), the famous Treaty of Georgievsk, abjuring so any form of dependcy from Persia (which had been the suzerain of the Georgian kingdoms for several centuries).

In response to this the Persians attacked Georgia and Russia did nothing to protect its vassal, actually they had already previously (a few years earlier) pulled out the troops they had in Tbilisi in order to fight the ottomans in another front.

Probably the Russians are not clear with their allies about their intention and their interest in fighting a lost battle, but the allies should also remember that the Russians choose to give away their former capital (Moscow) (and even burn it) to the invading french troops in 1812.

One of the other issues about Georgia in 1795 is that at that time Russia had really a lot of wars against several different enemies (e.g the ottomans, the Persians, various European states, etc) and probably should not have promised support it could not maintain.

Anyway it is tipical for the Russian to leave momentarily territories and even cities to the enemies in order to regroup and fight another day in order to win the war.

Probably they should be clearer with their allies about this.

Hannibal Barca, kvs, Broski and Belisarius like this post

Mir
    Mir

Post  Mir Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:55 pm

Podlodka77 wrote:
    Mir wrote:A nuclear war is not an option - unless NATzo attacks Russia directly (not happening). So forget about these wet dreams of a nuclear war - its not going to happen.

You are wrong, these are not my dreams and I do not wish for them, I have already written that the declaration of war could lead to the use of nuclear weapons. The West does not want to stop, it has no brakes, so it is clear that they want this conflict to last for years. I am convinced that it will not last for years because everything has its end, especially Russian patience.

I am saying that NATzo will never attack Russia directly - only through proxy (even though foreign troops are directly involved).
    Hence no nuclear war - but if it happens those few in Europe and elsewhere that may survive the exchange will be the unlucky ones.

If this conflict escalates into Russian territory then Russia will have no choice but to declare war - which is probably what they are going to do anyway. Even then NATzo will hide behind the Ukr's apron.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:59 pm

Firebird wrote:|Arm America's enemies. Make America suffer.
    And the Empire of Satan will shrivel up like the Wicked Witch of the West in a swimming pool.

It is tricky. Too much stimulus will organize western countries to properly fight back. But keeping the
    situation more or less at current levels will enable the complacent rot to continue. I even think that Russia
    sets up its "retreats" partly to feed the western complacency. The war is not just along the local Ukr front,
    it is with NATzO.

Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ and Hole like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:45 pm

JohninMK wrote:
    Rodion_Romanovic wrote:I don't know if this had already been posted, but it is interesting

Kadyrov: the truth must be told, even if unpleasant: mistakes were made in Kharkov.  If no steps are taken to remedy this, I will contact the leadership of the country to explain the situation on the ground and you will see concrete results.

https://t.me/dimsmirnov175/37454

Unlike us, Kadyrov is inside the bubble and has access to real information and the ear of the leadership.

That doesn't mean he always says the truth. Far from it, he's also a part of the information war.
    Even if he is telling the truth, he admits in this same post that he's not privy to the strategy employed by command

All effort is being made to lure the Ukrs in further.

GarryB, Big_Gazza, BliTTzZ, Sprut-B, Hole and Belisarius like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:49 pm

Del
    Double posting

Last edited by caveat emptor on Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Arrow

Post  Arrow Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:50 pm

Russia probably to withdraw completely from Kharkiv Oblast Rolling Eyes

https://twitter.com/mdfzeh/status/1568937691269709824
    lyle6
    lyle6

Post  lyle6 Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:51 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Abandoned Russian equipment during withdrawal as planned.

Stripped of equipment and tool panniers empty...  HMGs all removed...

Looks to me like they don't expect to be away for very long...

They probably removed the hermetic seal on the main gun breech. Load one round, press fire and the next thing you know you're in hell.

GarryB, JohninMK, Hole and Belisarius like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:59 pm

Aleksandr Khodakovsky's take on situation
    https://t.me/aleksandr_skif/2373
    Aleksandr Khodakovsky (@Aleksandr_Skif) writes from the front:

Information about indications of preparations for an offensive in the Kharkiv direction came from various sources—this was not a surprise. How it was assessed, how the recepients reacted to it, how they managed to prepare and whether they were preparing is another question.

But my observations say that no effective system of reaction has developed, such that when on receiving signals some rollers start to spin, triggering everything into motion and bringing the resource, whatever it is, to maximum readiness.

Russian troops are fighting on the front, the LDNR corps, which are subordinated to the Russian Ministry of Defence and are, in fact, part of the Russian army - but there are also units fighting that are not directly subordinated to the Russian Ministry of Defence. These are the internal troops of the LDPR, various special forces - there are quite a few of them and they are not badly trained. But because of different departmental affiliation there are frictions, when the curators of the "alternative army" do not agree with the army's approaches and hold their ground, and the army squeezes resources in retaliation - our battalion, for example, has not received supplies from the army for more than three weeks and lives only on reserves.

Of course, one could say that we should put everyone under one command—and the problem is over—but no: the army's approaches are often so specific that there is little desire to pile everyone into one fire and burn it down.

We circumvented the difficulties caused by overhead differences by strengthening horizontal ties on the ground, and it worked - but not always, unfortunately. The "alternative army" - let me call it that - retained its human resource, although the intensity of its "exploitation" was very high - just a different approach. Some army brigades have fewer storm troopers than our battalion - but they have equipment and artillery which is used at seven percent efficiency, but which they stubbornly refuse to share.

Now we are receiving information that the enemy is preparing a strike fist on the Ugledar direction and intends to launch an offensive in the direction of Vladimirovka-Sladkoye. It will happen soon—the enemy has been inspired by recent events. How will we meet it? Will the army change its approach and make every effort to prevent the enemy from achieving another success? I, with my three mortars and the rest of the ammo will certainly give bbattle....'s
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:00 pm

Ispan wrote:https://guerraenucrania.wordpress.com/2022/09/11/parte-de-guerra-12-09-2022-manana/

Part of war 12/09/2022 - tomorrow
    11 September, 2022 Zhukov

Brief summary of the general situation on the Oskol front:

The Russians have withdrawn from Izyum after a rearguard action and the troops and materiel have been saved. The withdrawal was inevitable and it is the right decision because the disparity of forces was enormous. There were very few forces in this inactive sector, about 5,000 fighters and the Ukrainians have engaged in the offensive a minimum of 30,000 bayonets and continue to bring forces, up to 50,000. That is, there can be no talk of either collapse or conquest because the Ukrainian offensive has struck in an unprotected area.

A new front has formed on the Oskol, at both ends of the reservoir. In Kupyansk a few battalions defend the eastern part of the city, which is the industrial zone and conducive to defense, although there are infiltrations of patrols, to the south on a stretch that is fordable a new front is being formed between Kupyansk and the Pecheneg reservoir, from East to West. It seems that the Russians are waiting to evacuate all the civilians so that the camp will be empty. The Ukrainian offensive seems to be losing momentum due to the lengthening of the supply lines and the losses suffered.

To the south Krasny Liman resists and with the arrival of Izyum troops the bridgehead in Stary Karavan will be able to be contained and eliminated. The front of the Donbass salient is not in danger.

The Ukrainian offensive has conquered ground but has not achieved any military objectives. It has not encircled or destroyed Russian forces, which in the worst case have suffered no more casualties than those successfully defending the Kherson front (about 2,000), and a further advance to the north to reach Vovchansk and the Russian border or turn east and cross the Oskol River higher up from Kupyansk is no longer possible.

Summary of Rybar:

Situation in the Kharkov direction
    at 13.00 on September 11, 2022

At the moment, Russian units continue to reconfigure the front in the Kharkov direction. The withdrawal of the Russian Armed Forces from the Udy — Kazachya Lopan — Bolshye Prokhody line has begun.

The Russian Armed Forces maintain a limited presence, covering convoys with refugees departing for the territory of the Russian Federation. East of Seversky Donets, separate mobile groups of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have so far reached the Khotomlya-Bolshoy Burluk border. To the north, Russian units continue to evacuate civilians.

Due to the lack of coordination between the Ukrainian units, the Ukrainian Armed Forces shelled Bolshoy Burluk, although only civilians remained in the village.

The Russian Armed Forces continue to alignthe front along the Oskol River, bringing reinforcements to the left bank. In the area of the village of Oskol, detachments of the 60 OMSB maintain a rear guard so that the road remains open, ensuring the exit of certain groups of refugees.

In the area of the village of Senkovo, the army aviation of the Russian Armed Forces destroyed a pontoon crossing of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

kvs, BliTTzZ and Broski like this post

billybatts91
    billybatts91

Post  billybatts91 Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:01 pm

Seems like BS to me and why wait 30 days? Seems like folks are getting real delusional.

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:09 pm

Doctorow

"In last night’s talk show program, host Vladimir Solovyov said that this latest push in the Ukrainian counter-offensive was timed to coincide with the gathering at the Ramstein air base, Germany of top officials from NATO and other allies under the direction of the visiting U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin. If the Ukrainian efforts were failing in the field, then the cry would go up: we must provide them with more weapons and training. And if the Ukrainian efforts in the counter-offensive were succeeding, those in attendance at Ramstein would hear exactly the same appeal to aid Kiev."

Later he continues with what the highest-placed panelist had to say:

"So, what did Solovyov have to say? First, that Ramstein marked a new stage in the war, because of the more threatening nature of the weapons systems announced for delivery, such as missiles with accuracy of 1 to 2 meters when fired from distances of 20 or 30 kilometers thanks to their GPS-guided flight, in contrast to the laser-guided missiles delivered to Ukraine up till now. In the same category, there are weapons designed to destroy the Russians’ radar systems used for directing artillery fire. Second, that Ramstein marked the further expansion of the coalition or holy crusade waging war on Russia. Third, that in effect this is no longer a proxy war but a real direct war with NATO and should be prosecuted with appropriate mustering of all resources at home and abroad.

Said Solovyov, Russia should throw off constraints and destroy the Ukrainian dual use infrastructure which makes it possible to move Western weapons across the country to the front. The railway system, the bridges, the electricity generating stations all should become fair targets. Moreover, Kiev should no longer be spared missile strikes and destruction of the ministries and presidential apparatus responsible for prosecution of the war. I note that these ideas were aired on the Solovyov program more than a month ago but then disappeared from view while the Russians were making great gains on the ground. The latest setbacks and the new risks associated with the Western policies set out at Ramstein bring them to the surface again.

Solovyov also argued that Russia should now use in Ukraine its own most advanced weapons that have similar characteristics to what NATO is delivering to the other side. As a sub-point, Russia should consider neutralizing in one way or another the GPS guidance for U.S. weapons. Of course, if this means destroying or blinding the respective U.S. satellites, that would mean crossing a well-known U.S. red line or casus belli.

Next, in the new circumstances, Russia should abandon its go-it-alone policy and actively seek out complementary weapons systems from previously untouchable countries, such as Iran and North Korea. Procurements from both have till now been minimal. On this issue, a couple of panelists with military expertise were allowed to explain that both these countries have sophisticated and proven weapons that could greatly assist Russia’s war effort. Iran has unbeatable drones which carry hefty explosive charges and have proven their worth in operations that are unmentionable on public television. And North Korea has very effective tanks and highly portable field artillery which are both fully compatible with Russian military practice, because the designs were based on Chinese weapons, which in turn were copies of Russia’s own. These weapons also have shown their worth in the hands of unnamed purchasers in the Middle East. Moreover, North Korea has a vast store of munitions fully compatible with Russian artillery. It was also mentioned in passing that insofar as Kiev has mobilized in the field many Western mercenaries and covert NATO officers, Russia should also recruit from abroad, as for example, whole brigades from North Korea available for hire.

If any of these ideas put out by Solovyov last night are indeed implemented by the Kremlin, then the present confrontation in and over Ukraine will truly become globalized, and we have the outlines of what may be called World War III. However, I note that the use of nuclear weapons, tactical or otherwise, does not figure at all in the set of options that official Moscow discusses in relation to the challenges it faces in its Ukraine operation. Such a possibility would arise only if the NATO forces being sent to the EU’s ‘front line states’ grew in number by several times those presently assigned and appeared to be preparing to invade Russia."

https://gilbertdoctorow.com/2022/09/09/u-s-ups-the-ante-are-we-indeed-headed-into-wwiii-and-what-can-save-us/

d_taddei2, kvs and Ispan like this post

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:36 pm

Azi wrote:New map of Russian MoD shows everything west of the Oskol river abandoned.

Okay enough of shitstorm...I have no power and mood to critize anymore! Russian MoD and the Kremlin must get the head out of their ass to win this war. They should adapt quickly! Next ukrainian offensive in the making in the Ugledar direction.

This map only confirms how delusional the fanboys are and proves what I said was right from the get go
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:40 pm

billybatts91 wrote:Seems like BS to me and why wait 30 days? Seems like folks are getting real delusional.

Un likely Putin could rush through a deco of war, additionally that might be time they need to mobilize more troops, IF THIS IS TRUE.

It's a step in the right direction and the utter failure they let happened in Kharkov FINALLY made them get their heads out of their asses.

So completely good news if true and if I was pro-russian I'd be praying it is

billybatts91 likes this post

Erk
    Erk

Post  Erk Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:40 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    Azi wrote:New map of Russian MoD shows everything west of the Oskol river abandoned.

This map only confirms how delusional the fanboys are and proves what I said was right from the get go
    Unfortunately, maps tell you very little about what is actually going on, only where things are located at the time the map was drawn.

Big_Gazza and Ispan like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:47 am