Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+23
kvs
ATLASCUB
HUNTER VZLA
RedJasmin
higurashihougi
PapaDragon
Solncepek
max steel
KoTeMoRe
mack8
Kyo
Battalion0415
Werewolf
sepheronx
flamming_python
Hannibal Barca
Regular
Zivo
NationalRus
Sujoy
GarryB
TR1
KomissarBojanchev
27 posters

North Korea's Nuclear Program

flamming_python
    flamming_python

North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 Empty Re: North Korea's Nuclear Program

Post  flamming_python Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:21 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:A 5.1 earthquake translate to some megatons of yield, at least. So if the information is true, it was quite massive.

Na. 10 Kilotons its been calculated as, AFAIK. Making it a not-quite H-bomb; they're still missing something. Which is good, last thing anyone needs is these nutjobs with nuclear weapons. Hope China piles on the pressure.

So far there are only two nutjobs with nukes. US and Israel, one has used it and the other constantly mentions to use it if their superiority is ever being touched. I am glad NK has nukes and i hope they get ballistic missile technology to actually be capable to deliver such nukes to US east coast that will make the country free from this illegal sanctions while the scum regime of Israel has never faced any sanctions despite having done billion times illegal actions aswell broke international law all North Korea couldn't do through its entire existence along with Korea before that.

BTW, the USSR itself threatened to nuke Britain, France and Israel during the Suez Crisis, just so you know (albeit it was but a bluff)
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:41 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    Hannibal Barca wrote:A 5.1 earthquake translate to some megatons of yield, at least. So if the information is true, it was quite massive.

Na. 10 Kilotons its been calculated as, AFAIK. Making it a not-quite H-bomb; they're still missing something. Which is good, last thing anyone needs is these nutjobs with nuclear weapons. Hope China piles on the pressure.

So far there are only two nutjobs with nukes. US and Israel, one has used it and the other constantly mentions to use it if their superiority is ever being touched. I am glad NK has nukes and i hope they get ballistic missile technology to actually be capable to deliver such nukes to US east coast that will make the country free from this illegal sanctions while the scum regime of Israel has never faced any sanctions despite having done billion times illegal actions aswell broke international law all North Korea couldn't do through its entire existence along with Korea before that.

BTW, the USSR itself threatened to nuke Britain, France and Israel during the Suez Crisis, just so you know (albeit it was but a bluff)

The North Koreans never threatend to nuke anyone as a threat or aggression. The US constantly does and that is why North Korea reacted! They obtained nukes for self defense not to conquer or intimidate anyone for some expansionist ambitions. There is your difference, but unlike for many other countries when people talk about North Korea they complete lose their shit and forget that they have brains and you are one of them.

North Koreans with nukes are much safer than any other country, yes russia included.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:54 am

Just because you are paranoid it doesn't mean the whole world isn't out to get you.

I am sure the fact that NK is paranoid is not without valid reasons...
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:34 am

Werewolf wrote:The North Koreans never threatend to nuke anyone as a threat or aggression. The US constantly does and that is why North Korea reacted! They obtained nukes for self defense not to conquer or intimidate anyone for some expansionist ambitions.

Correct me if I am wrong but the nuke of NK caused some shocks in the stock market and gold price. I heard that gold price rise and stock fall significantly.

Some people claimed that the nuke is used to crush U.S. stock market and to send a message to the White House, that you cannot bully me.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:21 pm

higurashihougi wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:The North Koreans never threatend to nuke anyone as a threat or aggression. The US constantly does and that is why North Korea reacted! They obtained nukes for self defense not to conquer or intimidate anyone for some expansionist ambitions.

Correct me if I am wrong but the nuke of NK caused some shocks in the stock market and gold price. I heard that gold price rise and stock fall significantly.

Some people claimed that the nuke is used to crush U.S. stock market and to send a message to the White House, that you cannot bully me.

What a huge pile of bullshit.

How can a bomb from the smallest nuclear nation that is absolutley isolated from the market we are in have any affect on the market?

I honestly believe that as soon as something is "reported" better to say lied about North Korea people turn into Ukrainians and just swollow the most retarded propaganda to envile, dehumanize and create a mantra prejudice against North Koreans who can not do anything good, not even neutral, everything is because they are evil to the core. The Anti-North Korea propaganda is on further stage than the russophobic propaganda, they at least can do something good due the lack of US brain.
    RedJasmin

Post  RedJasmin Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:06 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    mack8 wrote:I can't but fully agree with Werewolf here. I'm dejected by the apparent russian and chinese reaction though, don't know if it's just for show or they mean it.

Kinda both

Anything that makes the scumbags in Washington sh*t their pants is good for Russia and China. As opposed to the painful list of victims of US imperialism, NK could really bite back even if that's the last thing they'll do.

I suppose it might be good if it means that NK reduces their huge army and military spending and spends that money on economic development and raising living standards instead.. as they say they'll do. Time will tell.

However, I just view it all as too risky, NK with nukes. It's proliferation and proliferation is never good - it would push neighbours into more armament and possibly their own nuclear capabilities (unlikely with the US presence, but who knows).
    Also, there's the possibility for nuclear brinkmanship and threats. NK is a real hard-liner - sure they may not be out to conquer anyone, but they're ridiculously paranoid and fiercely territorial, they view anything and everything the US/South Korea/Japan does as an affront, and always raise the military option and promise retaliation. Think of them as a cornered rat. They might not be the aggressor, or the instigator - but they are the most unpredictable. Russia has more political influence over Iran than China does over NK; despite the Chinese all but control their purse strings. One of these days this whole thing might escalate and if it does; I'd rather not that nukes come into the equation. Better that both sides keep to conventional arms in that case.

I agree. The NK leadership feels threatened and cornered, and when you've got nukes to hand, that just isn't good for anyone. Also, I agree China doesn't have as much control over NK as the US and EU seem to think. The only real returns China gets on it's "investment" is 1) It stops NK completely imploding and leaving a gigantic mess on their doorstep, and 2) As long as NK is there, America isn't.

If NK really had detonated an H-bomb right on China's border, I imagine they would have already gotten together with Russia and begun to reassess their options. There is a world of difference between having a schizophrenic neighbour with a few non-portable / proof-of-concept 10kt WW2 era A-bombs, and a Castle Bravo shit-storm.

I doubt NK will wind back their regular military expenditure though. The conventional forces are hopelessly poorly equipped with obsolete and equipment and lack any chance for training due to supply shortages for exercises and paranoia about defectors. The end result is that the only real strength of such a force lies in sheer weight of numbers.
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:33 am

Why do the North Koreans feel a bit hostile to The Empire?

"The story dates to the early 1950s, when the U.S. Air Force, in response to the North Korean invasion that started the Korean War, bombed and napalmed cities, towns and villages across the North. It was mostly easy pickings for the Air Force, whose B-29s faced little or no opposition on many missions.

The bombing was long, leisurely and merciless, even by the assessment of America’s own leaders. “Over a period of three years or so, we killed off — what — 20 percent of the population,” Air Force Gen. Curtis LeMay, head of the Strategic Air Command during the Korean War, told the Office of Air Force History in 1984. Dean Rusk, a supporter of the war and later secretary of state, said the United States bombed “everything that moved in North Korea, every brick standing on top of another.” After running low on urban targets, U.S. bombers destroyed hydroelectric and irrigation dams in the later stages of the war, flooding farmland and destroying crops.

Although the ferocity of the bombing was criticized as racist and unjustified elsewhere in the world, it was never a big story back home. U.S. press coverage of the air war focused, instead, on “MiG alley,” a narrow patch of North Korea near the Chinese border. There, in the world’s first jet-powered aerial war, American fighter pilots competed against each other to shoot down five or more Soviet-made fighters and become “aces.” War reporters rarely mentioned civilian casualties from U.S. carpet-bombing. It is perhaps the most forgotten part of a forgotten war."

Blue Beret UN-ified Command killed 40,000 leftists before the war started while the World was being told that they were UN peace-keepers - not even classified
    : https://www.dropbox.com/s/opz97y744zlanv2/ucp_2013.pdf?dl=0
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:53 pm

DPR Korea's deterrence

Aldin Abazović ‏@Ald_Aba Mar 9
    #NorthKorean miniaturized warhead design seems to fit on the KN-08 (Hwasong-13) road mobile ICBM.

#NorthKorea claim this is latest #nuclear miniaturized warhead..
    North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 CdHILktW0AAJ1B6

Some more pics
    North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 CdMK5xCUUAArH8s
    North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 CdMK5wMUMAEcT_4
    North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 CdMK5iXVIAAdXrx
    North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 CdMK5wOUEAIzKtc
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:55 pm

The Koreans have been showing good progress in the development of their long rangers, maybe some fund and field testing from Iran could help sort out any issues.
    Syria needs few dozen of these long-rangers to help the two 3rd rate $hitoles from the west and their big daddy, itching for a fight, to chill out.
    North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 Dmmd5
    North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 XfCXP

http://militaryrussia.ru/blog/topic-848.html
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Air Koryo gets Boeing 747-8 Laughing
    North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 1BMNI7S
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:04 pm

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Russia shared with US data indicating North Korea's missile was not intercontinental

"But the Americans say they have their own calculations," Russia's top diplomat noted

MOSCOW, July 21. /TASS/. Moscow shared with Washington data indicating that North Korea’s missile test-launched in early June was not an intercontinental missile, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said in an interview with NBC on Friday.

When asked whether the crisis on the Korean Peninsula could be resolved through the regime change, he answered in the negative. "We don’t believe in regime change anywhere," he stressed.

"I hear very enthusiastic voices in the United States, including in some parts of this administration, that the patience has been over and they must do something because the threat is growing and growing and an intercontinental ballistic missile was launched," Lavrov said, adding that, according to Russia’s data, the missile was not intercontinental.

"By the way, we provided to the US on that very day when the presidents met in Hamburg, our military provided to the Pentagon our objective data we received from our radars located just on the border with North Korea. And, according to that data, it is not an intercontinental missile," he said. "But the Americans say they have their own calculations."

He also stressed that Russia has supported all United Nations Security Council resolutions geared to freeze North Korea’s nuclear program. He reminded that initially the sanctions were meant only against those who are linked with the development and financing of the nuclear program. However, further sanctions seemed to target the entire North Korean economy by banning all imports to and exports from the country and prohibiting all contacts with North Korean leaders. Russia, in his words, cannot support such approach.

Korean Central Television (KCTV) said on July 4 the country had successfully launched its first-ever intercontinental ballistic missile Hwasong 14. The missile reached an altitude of 2,802 kilometers and flew 933 kilometers within 29 minutes. The Pentagon confirmed the missile had been intercontinental, while Russia’s Defense Ministry said the missile’s performance indicated that it was an intermediate-range missile.

Controversy over the type of North Korea’s missile continued at the emergency meeting of the United Nations Security Council on the following day. Russia’s position voiced by deputy Representative to the United Nations Vladimir Safronkov came under criticism from his US colleague, Nikki Haley who said she was ready to provide US intelligence data to prove that it had been an intercontinental missile.

On the same day, Russia and China came up with a joint initiative aiming to reduce tensions on the Korean Peninsula. They called on North Korea to freeze its nuclear program in exchange for the United States’ and South Korea’s suspension of joint military drills. The initiative however won no support from the United States.

More:
    http://tass.com/politics/957331
    nomadski
    nomadski

North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 Empty Second , the logical approach for Korea ,

Post  nomadski Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:46 am

So what if Japan builds nukes ? Will yanks impose sanctions ? Will Russia and China go along with maintaining sanctions ? Will Russia or China declare war against Japan ? I can not imagine that they will . So why should north Korea be punished ? It is about time for Russia and China to at least not give the yanks a blank cheque at the security council . Purely based on possession of nukes by a state . Enough of this double standard . If nukes are good for them . Then they are good for most others .

Second , the logical approach for Korea , is to use actual force , in defence of it's trade . Securing land and sea routes . If any nation blocks the safe passage , then it is justifiable and right to defend at that time . Sending missiles over territory of other states ( not directly and immediately involved ) is not a good option . Why not send a ship full of exports to Iran ? If ship stopped , then logical to defend .

The lawlessness that is talked about is false thinking . A law is not simply a law because it is dictated by the powerful or the wicked . A law has to satisfy many conditions before it can be considered to be a law . Most important of which is it's morality and universality . It is immoral to subject a peaceful ( non - invading ) nation to starvation . The UNSC " law " is nothing of the sort .
    HUNTER VZLA
    HUNTER VZLA

Post  HUNTER VZLA Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:19 pm

Kim Jong Un observing the launch of the HS-12 which overflew Japan

North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 DIbbLHzW0AA4x74

North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 DIbbLG7XkAMkBim

North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 DIbbLHFXgAAVxAR

North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 DIbbLHRXkAQScvX

attack
    ATLASCUB
    ATLASCUB

Post  ATLASCUB Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:44 pm

nomadski wrote:So what if Japan builds nukes ? Will yanks impose sanctions ? Will Russia and China go along with maintaining sanctions ? Will Russia or China declare war against Japan ?  I can not imagine that they will . So why should north Korea be punished ?  It is about time for Russia and China to at least not give the yanks a blank cheque at the security council . Purely based on possession of nukes by a state . Enough of this double standard . If nukes are good for them . Then they are good for most others .

Second , the logical approach for Korea , is to use actual force , in defence of it's trade . Securing land and sea routes . If any nation blocks the safe passage  , then  it is justifiable and right to defend at that time . Sending missiles over territory of other states ( not directly and immediately involved )  is not a good option . Why not send a ship full of exports to Iran ? If ship stopped , then logical to defend .

The lawlessness that is talked about is false thinking . A law is not simply a law because it is dictated by the powerful  or the wicked . A law has to satisfy many conditions before it can be considered to  be a law . Most important of which is it's morality and universality  . It is immoral to subject a peaceful ( non - invading ) nation to starvation . The UNSC " law " is nothing of the sort .

Russia/China do not control the world financial system to the degree the U.S does and their currency is not the world's reserve. That's the difference as to why the law is heavier on some vs. others. Just that simple. POWER.
    HUNTER VZLA
    HUNTER VZLA

Post  HUNTER VZLA Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:59 pm

graph showing the trajectory of the new missile launched by North Korea

North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 DJw3O5LVoAAhxk_

North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 DJw3O83VwAEoBvB
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:24 pm

To add some relevant context: it is actually legal to launch missiles over any part of the Earth.   There is no sovereign "space" above
    a certain altitude.   This was established during the 1960s through satellite launches.   No country can demand that any satellite launched
    by another country stop transiting above its territory.

So NK did not violate any laws by overflying Japan.   Japanese bitch-spazzing means f*ck all.   I recall these wankers were telling
    Japanese citizens to stay inside their homes when Mir was being deorbited.    A bunch of vapid drama queens.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:43 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aposematism

Korea needs to display numerous atmospheric tests on TV . Also yank population needs tangible signs that they can be reached . Since they are brain dead . Small plastic floating and wind blown spheres with peace messages from Korea can be dispersed in America . Equivalent to leaflet air drops . Or flares can be lit by passing satellites over yank space with radio message of peace !

Between war and peace and death and life there is a big gap . In nature many organisms display tangible non lethal display of their armoury . Something that any brain dead animal will feel on a microscopic and cellular level .
    andalusia

Post  andalusia Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:06 am

This is a good article:

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2017/09/03/korean-crisis-way/
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue May 29, 2018 5:34 am

Dima
    Dima

North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 Empty US-DPR Korea summit went ahead

Post  Dima Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:30 pm

US-DPR Korea summit went ahead rather smoothly to the utter displeasure of the fake news fellows. Its full credits to Trump and Pompeo who was at the forefront pulling it off.

The press meet of Trump after the summit was filled with fake media's questions except for 4-5 non western news outlets rather on-topic and matured questions. Unlike the western fake newscasters, all the non-western reporters congratulated Trump for a successful summit.

Couple of points that Trump said during the press meet questions regarding DPR Korea's nuclear test and arsenal.

1) Trump put North Korea's thermonuclear test at 8.8 on Richter's magnitude scale.

2)  North Korea's nuclear arsenal is "substantial"

Trump quoted a 8.8 ritcher scale figure couple of times during his reply to a question. This is closer to the first emerged figure of 9 for the nuclear test which was then scaled down to 6.3, which is the most often quoted figure by fake media.
    Unlike figures for PR, Trump as President gets to have actual figures from the intelligence. So the real strength of that nuclear test was 8.8 and not 6.3 as quoted by media.

To the question of how much was the size of Korea's nuclear arsenal, Trump didn't specify any number but said it was "substantial". So unlike the 10 or so nuclear weapons which is often quoted in the media, the real figures are probably in the region of 60+ which have few times popped up in the media.

"Substantial" could also mean that probably they are in the region of 100. I say it coz during a PBS newshour program last year or so, an expert who was involved in the early 90s nuclear deal to halt the nuclear program, said that that the deal in the 90s had indeed prevented Korea from making a 100 bombs.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:04 pm

I just want to put Trumps press meet video here in which he talks about the nuclear test reading of 8.8 and the arsenal size (starting 1:06:52 ) in addition to the main theme of the summit itself. The press meet itself was filled with garbage questions from the presstitutes.

This also have that full video presentation in Korean and English that Trump brought to the meeting and was later played to the media. When the "promotional" video first played in Korean, the presstitutes all around thought it was some "propaganda" material from North Korean side.

Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:37 am

North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 Dfpwo8CUYAE9lfq

North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 DfpwqfjVAAEnUhn
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Some nations need nukes to keep the peace . Iran and Korea both need them . And should keep them . Display this power now and again by tests . Who does not need nukes ? Maybe Switzerland .

After yanks reneged on Iran deal . And sanctions being imposed to " choke " Iranian nation and do a regime change . Do we still trust them ?

Safety from military attack is more immediate problem than hunger . Iran and Korea should trade together . Iran needs protein and metals . What does Korea need ?
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:30 pm

North Korea Centrifuge Capabilities (U)
    Heavily redacted but still a lot of tid bits in here

North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 DvS3xntUUAEWRQQ

North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 DvS3xntUUAEWRQQ

North Korea's Nuclear Program - Page 3 DvS3xo4V4AAHtWx

https://t.co/rWMr68tl9G

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:46 pm