Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+39
Arrow
Azi
Big_Gazza
Odin of Ossetia
ahmedfire
d_taddei2
Rodion_Romanovic
Karl Haushofer
kvs
SeigSoloyvov
Walther von Oldenburg
Hole
Manov
Regular
Cyberspec
Isos
auslander
miketheterrible
thegopnik
nero
medo
yavar
AbdulhamidtheSecond
franco
Admin
crod
PapaDragon
Airman
par far
magnumcromagnon
flamming_python
Viktor
GarryB
George1
Vann7
zorobabel
ultimatewarrior
nomadski
JohninMK
43 posters

Syrian War: News #20

nomadski
    nomadski

Syrian War: News #20 - Page 33 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #20

Post  nomadski Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:54 pm

The SAA to liberate IDLIB.  As warrior said let the Turks and Yanks Duke it out. The kurds stuck between a rock and a hard place. Then let SDF, disband and join SAA. Then SAA and allies move East. Close border crossings for Yanks. Surround their bases. And then push Turks backs into their own territory.

If SDF will not join SAA.  Then let them be ground down between Turks and Yanks. After SAA liberate the west. Then by itself cross into East. And push yank and Turk out. But worth the wait. Don't reel the fish ( SDF) in, until it is tired and ready. They have about 40,000 infantry, I think . Very useful against Yanks and Turks.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:48 pm

JohninMK wrote:

Will they stop now or just keep going? Or reposition south to retake M4?

If terrorist running away. they should continue moving and don't stop until they reach turkey border or reach the outskirts of idlib main city ,but with caution and a rapid mobile force that can retreat if they see a major counter offensive.

But the M4 front should start too. and liberate the rest of the highway to connect lattakia with aleppo , this will significantly help ,with the supplies of food ,armor and weapons from Russian base to to aleppo or the other way.
    so facilitate reinforcement and movements of troops.. expanding the area of aleppo however allows a major air base with air defenses to reinforce an area denial zone to NATO airforces and push US airforce away from aleppo or idlib zones.. i both for both ,expanding aleppo zone and taking too the m4 .. and huge big bonus will be encircling and or capturing [Jisr -Alshughur] city , to block the terrorist from moving major heavy armor from idlib to aleppo or from idlib to latakkia zone.. capturing jisr-Alshughur city will significantly help the security of Russian base from drones attacks from idlib. that will be a huge blow to the terrorist and Erdogan.

from 1-5 to 5 weeks we should see if a major war start or not.. the turning point of syrian war ,will be in that time.. and the end of the war could be with the capturing of [Jisr -Alshughur] city. im convinced that syria should never invade idlib main city ,unless it keep that city completely isolated from the rest of syria. is very dangerous to allow millions of anti -assad civilians 5th column ,friendly to erdogan and terrorist to freely move in syrian cities.. they sabotage and destroy syria from the inside.. don't forget that soviet union was disbanded from the inside.. and syria is even more vulnerable to that.

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:48 pm

JohninMK wrote:

Will they stop now or just keep going? Or reposition south to retake M4?

If terrorist running away. they should continue moving and don't stop until they reach turkey border or reach the outskirts of idlib main city ,but with caution and a rapid mobile force that can retreat if they see a major counter offensive.

But the M4 front should start too. and liberate the rest of the highway to connect lattakia with aleppo , this will significantly help ,with the supplies of food ,armor and weapons from Russian base to to aleppo or the other way.
    so facilitate reinforcement and movements of troops..  expanding the area of aleppo however allows a major air base with air defenses to reinforce an area denial zone to NATO airforces  and push US airforce away from aleppo or idlib zones..  i both for both ,expanding aleppo zone and taking too the m4 .. and huge big bonus will be encircling and or capturing [Jisr -Alshughur] city , to block the terrorist from moving major heavy armor from idlib to aleppo or from idlib to latakkia zone..  capturing jisr-Alshughur city will significantly help the security of Russian base from drones attacks from idlib. that will be a huge blow to the terrorist and Erdogan.

from 1-5  weeks we should see if a major war start or not.. the turning point of syrian war ,will be in that time.. and the end of the war could be with the capturing of [Jisr -Alshughur] city.  im convinced that syria should never capture by force idlib main city ,unless it keep that city completely isolated from the rest of syria. is very dangerous to allow millions of anti -assad civilians 5th column ,friendly to erdogan and terrorist to freely move in syrian cities.. they can sabotage and destroy syria from the inside.. don't forget that soviet union was disbanded from the inside.. and syria is even more vulnerable to that.

updates..

credit to @ultimatewarrior for the good twitter source.. Smile

Y.N.M.S
    @ynms79797979
    ·
    3h
    @Ragip  Soylu says ...

The whole of West Aleppo is in the hands of Assad.

The air strikes stopped. The entire M5 fell into the hands of the Assad regime. Aleppo control achieved.

There is also a so-called truce.

There is major celebrations in aleppo now, is night time ..and people on streets
    and cars firing shots in air..

Syrian War: News #20 - Page 33 EQ6V7pIXkAAX5F6?format=png&name=small

Syrian War: News #20 - Page 33 EQ6VkEvWoAABu9b?format=jpg&name=small

update..

Se what i said ? the war is not only fought with bullets.. between militaries..
    the enemies of syria are targeting syrian economic infrastructure too ,they want to break
    syria economy by targeting syrian oil refineries too..

Syrian War: News #20 - Page 33 B4QBfS0m?format=jpg&name=900x900

Syrian Army thwarts terrorist attack with five drones against Homs Refinery - Geopolitics News
    By Ruaa al-Jazaeri The Syrian Arab Army on Sunday thwarted a terrorist attack with five drones against Homs Refinery.

T-90A SAA 🇸🇾 Alepo

Syrian War: News #20 - Page 33 EQ26p8FXkAEjE4d?format=jpg&name=medium

the best for last..
    the leader of terrorist organization HTS ,confirming the alliance between erdogan ,alqaeda and them ,
    because they have common interest.. he claim the reason they are there .. is because iran and russia wants
    to change the demographics and replace their sunni with iranians and russians ..
    what will @ODIN now say about dictator erdogan being praised by the terrorist in syria..

https://twitter.com/i/status/1228831347705335808

Last edited by Vann7 on Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:54 pm; edited 5 times in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:06 pm

Unconfirmed, use salt copiously!

https://twitter.com/NorthernStork/status/1229100729576697860

Russia firing cruise missiles from the Mediterranean Sea on west Aleppo countryside!

ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

Post  ultimatewarrior Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:15 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Unconfirmed, use salt copiously!

https://twitter.com/NorthernStork/status/1229100729576697860

Russia firing cruise missiles from the Mediterranean Sea on west Aleppo countryside!

Turks love to bully the weak. Let's see Turks bully Russians. Yeah fucking right. Pfffft.
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:21 am

VKS very active in the combat zone..

The #RuAF conducted a large-scale operation in the areas of the settlements Arihah / El Atarib.

According to reports, the target was a meeting of senior militant commanders. At least 40 liquidated jihadists are reported.

Syrian War: News #20 - Page 33 EQ7dtw5XUAAzksT?format=png&name=900x900

https://twitter.com/Cyberspec1/status/1229240940117676033

and 1 more

BREAKING: 10 high ranking leaders of Al-Nusra terrorist organization have just been killed by Russian Air Force 🇷🇺 airstrikes.
    https://twitter.com/As_SourceBrkNew/status/1229163493225566208
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:11 am

Awesome work russia attack
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:47 am

looks like Russia airforce is now eyeing the M4 highway.. good idea.. russia

they should take jisr-Alshughur and muhanbal cities directly on near the m4 highway and after freeing the M4 highway clear in full latakkia .. that will be good enough for me.. to end the war in the north..
    and let the turks hold idlib for a year or two ,so Erdo can save some face at home , otherwise he could be removed by his military and called a traitor and a more radical president take his place.. idlib main city can be negotiated later with diplomacy or a new government.. Syria always had problems with that city , it was the chechenia of syria.. and will only create major pain in the ass to syria ,if take control of it.. and feed it.. it will only bleed
    the syrian economy and cause major civil unrest the people there. and make the SAA feel like an ocuppation
    force..

From Syrian perspective..

MOSCOW:  The Russian Ministry of Defense has accused Ankara of arming its Alqaeda allies with Turkish Army uniforms, helmets, something under 70 tanks, less than 200 armored vehicles, 80 pieces of artillery and American- manufactured anti-aircraft rockets, and, Turkish Army gas masks. So far, of the 70 tanks, 20 have been destroyed by the Syrian Army. A troop carrier loaded with Nusra (HTS) rodents was incinerated as it headed toward Areeha with the number of dead confirmed at 18.

ALEPPO:  The Syrian Army has liberated the following towns and villages in southwest Aleppo Province:

Kafr Naahaa

Awram Al-Kubraa (Greater Awram)

Kafr Ta’aal Farms

Al-Radhwaan Association Co-op

The army is now moving toward ‘Uwayjil, ‘Aajil, Al-Sa’diyya.

---------------------
    @Igor Bundy

For the first time in the Syria conflict, associations of the Kurdish militia YPG apparently have joined the Syrian army to carry out a major joint offensive in Aleppo.

nice video animation that summary the major geographical  advances on idlib..  

https://www.syrianperspective.com/2020/02/sturm-und-drang-the-inevitable-move-to-liberate-all-idlib-from-turks-and-terrorists.html

updates..
    reports on twitter of israel spy plane monitoring lebanon airspace..
    it seems they planning something to start a new war and slow down the SAA advances
    in IDLIB.

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:56 am

Kremlin stated it supports Syria in its fight for terrorism.

While again there will be no direct confrontation between the Turks and Russia, Putin is letting Erod know where his position is.

Turks are also conducting massive arty strikes on SAA positions. Trying to kill as many has they can.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:26 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Kremlin stated it supports Syria in its fight for terrorism.

While again there will be no direct confrontation between the Turks and Russia, Putin is letting Erod know where his position is.

Turks are also conducting massive arty strikes on SAA positions. Trying to kill as many has they can.

There are report of missile strikes from Hmeimim on west Alepo.

Also russians are deploying on the newly captured highways.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:26 am

@ Vann7

The Usrael will not likely send ground troops. Too afraid. Just airforce. Lebanon can respond by missiles. Like Yemen. Nothing stopping Lebanese. Soon they will get tired.

@ SeigSoloyov

The SAA, can respond in kind to those units that open fire. They have longer range artillery. Soon they will get tired. Stop firing.

SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:31 am

No Turks have more and longer range guns.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:38 am

So the Syrians have to push their guns forward a bit. So both sides can hit each other............
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:25 pm

nomadski wrote:
    So the Syrians have to push their guns forward a bit. So both sides can hit each other............

General rule of thumb. If they are in range of you, you are in range of them.
    d_taddei2
    d_taddei2

Post  d_taddei2 Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:32 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:No Turks have more and longer range guns.

actually your wrong, the Turks dont have more guns in Syria than SAA, and range is actually about the same, and if you want to knit pick the SAA have longer due to having the S-23 and if you include MLRS type systems Syria has more than Turks in Syria. This aint a dick measuring contest, its about how effective you use your guns. And it looks very much to me and everyone else the Turks guns are not stopping SAA advance very well. I have to admit i didnt expect such a noob comment.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:14 pm

d_taddei2 wrote:

actually your wrong, the Turks dont have more guns in Syria than SAA, and range is actually about the same, and if you want to knit pick the SAA have longer due to having the S-23 and if you include MLRS type systems Syria has more than Turks in Syria. This aint a dick measuring contest, its about how effective you use your guns. And it looks very much to me and everyone else the Turks guns are not stopping SAA advance very well. I have to admit i didnt expect such a noob comment.

Cute but your wrong max range of the S-23 Syria has is is less than 40km nevermind the Syrians only have less than 20 of those guns. Nevermind they where given Export Models which have lower combat ability then domestic.

The Turks have three guns in their inventory that out range the Syrian S-23 that I remember, and they have hundreds of these guns between all of them.

So now, Syrian Arty isn't longer range and the Turks can easily match SAA arty for arty. The Turkish army is better armed and capable then the SAA don't like it? tough. It's a shame I even have to state such an obvious fact.

Noob comment? I was stating from a factual position the Turks have more, Arty and longer range Arty then the SAA WHICH THEY DO. You are adding in other crap to my statement I never said, Thats a very common theme among people here.

Trying to put words in their mouth.

edit: Also keep in mind where the SAA are going the Turks aren't present, also sure it ain't stopping their advance but it's killing a good number of SAA troops so it's not exactly a win win. Even more so when their arty attacks are being left unanswered, meaning the turks are claiming these kills all for free.

Last edited by SeigSoloyvov on Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:20 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    d_taddei2 wrote:

Cute but your wrong max range of the S-23 Syria has is is less than 40km nevermind the Syrians only have less than 20 of those guns. Nevermind they where given Export Models which have lower combat ability then domestic.

The Turks have three guns in their inventory that out range the Syrian S-23 that I remember, and they have hundreds of these guns between all of them.

So now, Syrian Arty isn't longer range and the Turks can easily match SAA arty for arty. The Turkish army is better armed and capable then the SAA don't like it? tough. It's a shame I even have to state such an obvious fact.

Noob comment? I was stating from a factual position the Turks have more, Arty and longer range Arty then the SAA WHICH THEY DO. You are adding in other crap to my statement I never said, Thats a very common theme among people here.

Trying to put words in their mouth.

Well, do we know what Russia delivered a few days ago with the An-124 in Latakia?

Maybe they could bring some heavy artillery like the 2S19 Msta...even with the syrian express ships....
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:28 pm

Russia has been very reluctant to provide Assad with those types of weapons even if they did, I don't see Russia giving them enough guns to give the SAA advantage in Arty strikes. The Turkish army strikes have been bigger than anything the SAA has been putting up recently.

SAA general has to consolidate many guns to perform mass saturation attacks in one area. The Turks have been able to do it in multiple areas, Now I am not saying Turkish arty alone will win the war. I am simply saying in arty the Turks have more and are using them to good effect in ways the SAA haven't been able to answer.

The rebels alone cannot win against the SAA for the record If Erod wants to annex those parts of Syria he wants the Turkish army will need to directly deploy. The problem is for the SAA while they will defeat the rebels, they will be bloodied and degraded in strength greatly after it's all said and done and be no match for the Turkish army.

It is highly likely Erod knows this and is fine with letting the SAA capture some areas and just let the rebels soften up the SAA so when his army goes in it will be much easier for them. If I was in command of the Turkish army that would be my move.

Use my proxies and arty to inflict heavy heavy losses then send in my personal forces for the finishing blow.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:42 pm

By the way, what artillery are the Turkish armed forces using for this campaign? The American M-110 and the Turkish/ south Korean T-155 Fırtına?
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:47 pm

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:By the way, what artillery are the Turkish armed forces using for this campaign?  The American M-110 and the Turkish/ south Korean T-155 Fırtına?

T-155's and a few other guns.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:58 pm

Other question, i read that US and other nations have howizer bigger than 152 mm. Is Russia still using the 203 mm 2S7 Pion?

Do you believe it could be useful in Syria?
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:15 pm

Rodion_Romanovic wrote:Other question,  i read that US and other nations have howizer bigger than 152 mm. Is Russia still using the 203 mm 2S7 Pion?

Do you believe it could be useful in Syria?

Russia operates about 35 2S7M.

It could be useful if it's able to use it's 55KM max range effectively but this requires RAP's and they aren't very accurate. Turks have no gun that can go 55KM. Unless one of their guns is RAP assisted but I don't remember any gun being so they have.

It would depend on how it used, using it to silence other Arty would be the best use for the gun. Since the Russians are controlling the Airspace the gun would be under no risk of attack since it would out-range anything else and aviation could not touch it.

Last edited by SeigSoloyvov on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:27 pm

Is the SAA using their missiles or the SyAF Su-24s against the Turkish artillery?
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:31 pm

JohninMK wrote:Is the SAA using their missiles or the SyAF Su-24s against the Turkish artillery?

No Turkish guns aren't under any type of attack, the SAA isn't trying to attack them. Fearing a reaction from Turkey if they do, Since Russia has shown if Assad goes after the turks, They won't help.

There was one case where the SAA counter battered them but was pounded in return.

It doesn't help most of the Guns are protected by Self-propelled AA weapons. Turkey is keeping the guns close enough to their boarder. That air defense can cover them, without sending the AA into Syria directly.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

Post  Rodion_Romanovic Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:35 pm

Are Turkish artillery pieces inside Syria or in Turkey?

From what I can see from google earth, Aleppo is too far away from the border for being reached by existing turkish artillery from turkish territory.

If they are inside Syria they are part of occupation forces and they should be "fair game" for the SAA...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:08 am