Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+39
Arrow
Azi
Big_Gazza
Odin of Ossetia
ahmedfire
d_taddei2
Rodion_Romanovic
Karl Haushofer
kvs
SeigSoloyvov
Walther von Oldenburg
Hole
Manov
Regular
Cyberspec
Isos
auslander
miketheterrible
thegopnik
nero
medo
yavar
AbdulhamidtheSecond
franco
Admin
crod
PapaDragon
Airman
par far
magnumcromagnon
flamming_python
Viktor
GarryB
George1
Vann7
zorobabel
ultimatewarrior
nomadski
JohninMK
43 posters

Syrian War: News #20

nomadski
    nomadski

Syrian War: News #20 - Page 14 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #20

Post  nomadski Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:11 pm

If it was me, I would send a couple of scud from Syria into oilfield. Scorched Earth policy. The SDF and yank will never get them. What you don't like scorched Earth policy? It worked against advancing Hitler army. This was always on the cards. But the beast was too big to kill with one shot. Now that Turks are in, the beast is smaller. One shot or a couple of shots may be enough.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:21 pm

nomadski wrote:

If it was me, I would send a couple of scud from Syria into oilfield. Scorched Earth policy. The SDF and yank will never get them.  What you don't like scorched Earth policy? It worked against advancing Hitler army.  This was always on the cards. But the beast was too big to kill with one shot. Now that Turks are in, the beast is smaller. One shot or a couple of shots may be enough.

That implies that the legitimate owner of the assets has a sovereign right to do with its assets as it pleases.

Sorry that is not the way that the US views it. Other than its own assets of course.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:26 pm

nomadski wrote:

If it was me, I would send a couple of scud from Syria into oilfield. Scorched Earth policy. The SDF and yank will never get them.  What you don't like scorched Earth policy? It worked against advancing Hitler army.  This was always on the cards. But the beast was too big to kill with one shot. Now that Turks are in, the beast is smaller. One shot or a couple of shots may be enough.

The SDF and Yanks only need the oil as bargaining chips. They're not planning to use it.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:55 pm

No deal.  Oil must burn. Like in Saudi. Yanks must go home. SDF must disband, dissolve, monhal. No deal. A little smoke goes a long way. There is no smoke without fire. No fire without smoke. So make some fire already!

So if partition of Syria was  settled upon by Yanks and Russia. And kurds do not pose a security risk to Russia( no kurds in Russia, but Islam extremist exist). Then Russia does not act against kurds . But regional states security much in danger fom Kurd / yank /zionist separatist plot. So a brave Syrian general fire scud into oil well, to help Turk offensive against Kurd / yank alliance. Russia will not do this.  And Iran must get involved. Help Syria and Turkey to defeat this poison alliance. Are Iranians sleep? Or still busy with dreams of invulnerability?

Last edited by nomadski on Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:44 pm

There will be plenty of opportunities to bog the yanks down in those fields...a few tanks won’t resolve it. Play their game and send the insurgents in, turn the area into Afghanistan....because that went well for the Americans didn’t it...lmao
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:55 am

No one really believes in this oil story IMO. Trump is cooling down those kurd "supporters" before the elections. Kurds are not going there and at the first official statement from them saying no, he will remove the rest of the soldiers.

US don't need middle east oil. They won't fight for them anymore.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:27 am

America has never been good in long term situations... and US tanks near oil fields... so what... it has been shown they are not invincible... even Konkurs has gotten kills with side shots to the turret...

The kurds are going to realise the US wont commit to full support of their interests which makes them only useful as leverage in talks with Assad, but not great leverage because they wont be much use on the battlefield.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:43 am

GarryB wrote:America has never been good in long term situations... and US tanks near oil fields... so what... it has been shown they are not invincible... even Konkurs has gotten kills with side shots to the turret...

The kurds are going to realise the US wont commit to full support of their interests which makes them only useful as leverage in talks with Assad, but not great leverage because they wont be much use on the battlefield.

Depends on the situation, Russia has no perfect track record either. If you are going to cherry-pick instances it makes it pointless to try and be logical.

No tank is safe from an ATGM hit to the side of the turret, assuming the missile connect of course. Abrams do have shortcomings all tanks do, there is no tank that is perfect without flaw.

But to use that example if a poor choice imo.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:27 am

But to use that example if a poor choice imo.

Took the words right out of my head... the Abrams operating next to an oilfield... that should be a meme... except that reality is different from memes... having an oilfield handy is not enough to keep an Abrams working... you need processed fuel to keep those dogs working.

I am talking about Americas record in the region as pertaining to Americas potential for the future in the region... cherry picking doesn't even come in to it, though bringing up Russias record is an attempt to distort things because it is not even relevant in this case.

I don't doubt American soldiers would be prepared to kill enormous numbers of Syrians to keep them away from their own oil supplies, but sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander... Russia has been working on all sorts of suicide drones and attack drones... perhaps this is a great opportunity to test some... just put ISIS markings on them and claim they captured a batch from the Syrian units... or just be up front... it is Syrian territory and they can do what they like.
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:36 am

Hur hur Let Russia and Assad attack US troops, that willll go SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well for them lol!
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:13 am

Lot of people see the whole oil fields drama as just window dressing for political reasons...Trump has made up his mind to pull out of Syria

Also supplying bases there will be difficult by itself, let alone if they happen to run into "difficulties"
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:41 am

Window dressing for political reasons ?........ Thief......... Thief....... Yank stealing Syrian oil !

https://en.mehrnews.com/news/151603/Russia-releases-satellite-images-confirming-US-smuggling-of-Syrian

Must send scud to burn oil well.........
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:17 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Hur hur Let Russia and Assad attack US troops, that willll go SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well for them lol!

what are you talking about?? proxies will do it for them...your arse has been handed to you in Afghanistan with the Taliban in negotiations about govt and arguably stronger then before 9/11.... LOL indeed

trump can probably see what the rest cannot, another negative objective outcome....
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:44 pm

Hur hur Let Russia and Assad attack US troops, that willll go SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well for them

Sadly it is only body bags that US politicians care about... large numbers of US body bags arriving all at once from a far away place that most Americans really couldn't point to on a map, and don't understand why US troops are even there.

A short while back there was video footage from a body cam from a US special forces guy who was in a group that got ambushed and taken out.

It was in Africa somewhere... not sure what the racist term they would be using for the local enemy, but they seemed to know what they were doing in this situation... point is that it doesn't take a lot of instruction to get these people to want US troops out of their country... in fact anyone would understand that.

Use of drones makes it even easier and harder to respond directly if you don't have full support teams...

I am sure you think you are playing a game and you are doing it for your country, but the people you are actually working for don't give a shit about you or your family... when you can't do the job either because you are dead or damaged beyond repair, or just too old to do it any more, they will drop you like a rock... right now the VA policy seems to be delay delay delay and hopefully you will die before they have to do anything about your problems... but then with Trump bringing all the American troops home maybe there will be more money available to allow the VA to do its job properly and you might get some dignity in your old age... or Joe Bidens son will steal it...
    SeigSoloyvov
    SeigSoloyvov

Post  SeigSoloyvov Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:31 pm

GarryB wrote:
    Hur hur Let Russia and Assad attack US troops, that willll go SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well for them

Sadly it is only body bags that US politicians care about... large numbers of US body bags arriving all at once from a far away place that most Americans really couldn't point to on a map, and don't understand why US troops are even there.

A short while back there was video footage from a body cam from a US special forces guy who was in a group that got ambushed and taken out.

It was in Africa somewhere... not sure what the racist term they would be using for the local enemy, but they seemed to know what they were doing in this situation... point is that it doesn't take a lot of instruction to get these people to want US troops out of their country... in fact anyone would understand that.

Use of drones makes it even easier and harder to respond directly if you don't have full support teams...

I am sure you think you are playing a game and you are doing it for your country, but the people you are actually working for don't give a shit about you or your family... when you can't do the job either because you are dead or damaged beyond repair, or just too old to do it any more, they will drop you like a rock... right now the VA policy seems to be delay delay delay and hopefully you will die before they have to do anything about your problems... but then with Trump bringing all the American troops home maybe there will be more money available to allow the VA to do its job properly and you might get some dignity in your old age... or Joe Bidens son will steal it...

Any violence against out forces will result in 10x the amount done in return or are you foolish enough to think they can bomb us and get away with it?. I am not going to entertain that fantasy you have, SAA or Russia will never attack us because they know that would be the single biggest mistake they could make.

If you think otherwise you are high. There are dozens of ways we could respond to drone attacks, which I will let be a surprise should that ever happen.

At the end of the day, direct conflict between us and the SAA/Russia will never happen, that is beyond all reason and logic. Using drones is a direct conflict, it's not like trying to hack comes or something.

If I thought I was playing a game. Why would I care if it was for my country, my motivation isn't glory for the US or furthering our national interest. In this context, you mean a sense of duty.

I see little point to talk about things like the VA which you clearly only know about from web articles and if I care what my value is to those in power. Rest assured, I have zero illusions about any of that.

Anyways.
    auslander
    auslander

Post  auslander Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:36 pm

SeigSoloyvov wrote:Hur hur Let Russia and Assad attack US troops, that willll go SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well for them

Any violence against out forces will result in 10x the amount done in return or are you foolish enough to think they can bomb us and get away with it?. I am not going to entertain that fantasy you have, SAA or Russia will never attack us because they know that would be the single biggest mistake they could make.

If you think otherwise you are high. There are dozens of ways we could respond to drone attacks, which I will let be a surprise should that ever happen.

At the end of the day, direct conflict between us and the SAA/Russia will never happen, that is beyond all reason and logic. Using drones is a direct conflict, it's not like trying to hack comes or something.

If I thought I was playing a game. Why would I care if it was for my country, my motivation isn't glory for the US or furthering our national interest. In this context, you mean a sense of duty.

I see little point to talk about things like the VA which you clearly only know about from web articles and if I care what my value is to those in power. Rest assured, I have zero illusions about any of that.

Anyways. [/quote]

A word to the wise, my young friend. Never underestimate your enemy.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:39 pm

Just like its tools, ISIS/Daesh, the USA is running the same Syrian oil smuggling operation. I think that a few bombs planted on choice
    targets "by accident" would be the right thing to happen.

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:43 pm

Anyone has a map of those US controled oil area ? They are not controling every syrian oil field. Destroy the pipelines there and they will go away.
    Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Transport is done mostly by trucks. Send a few Korsar drones. Or aks some iraqi militias to plant a few IED´s.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:46 pm

Without access to a map showing where the safe military roads are my guess is that the convoy(s) of US vehicles that have come over into Syria via the al-Walid crossing in the north are taking the long road down to the southern Deir oilfields. Perhaps there is no access to Iraq further south.

By the look of the vehicles I would hazard a guess that these are the ones withdrawn a couple of weeks ago, washed where needed and now being redeployed back into Syria.
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:00 pm

Anyone else heard reports about this move? Seems very logical to me. An S-400 installation there would give much improved radar field of views.

Brasco_Aad
    ‏ @Brasco_Aad
    Oct 20

Brasco_Aad Retweeted Brasco_Aad

A staggering amount of Russian combat troops have arrived at Al-Tabqa airbase, Raqqa Governorate, Syria.

There are reports that the Russians will turn Al-Tabqa airbase into a massive Russian military facility similar to Hmeymim.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:40 pm

Agree with KVS and ISOS . Need to take out a pipeline or container. No direct hit on yank vehicle. But attack should come from three different direction. From north in Turkey. From west in Syria and from east in Iraq or Iran. An attack using long range drones. If Russia can not do this. Then Syria and Turkey and Iran or Iraq can. A simultaneous attack. From three direction. What yank going to do? Attack four countries at same time? Because pipeline burning? Yes we need an international coalition. The international community to do shock and awe on yank terror THIEF. No proxy needed. We have technology. We will not kill anyone. Promise!

https://youtu.be/i3XJxWwYx58
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:59 pm

If Russia can not do this. Then Syria and Turkey and Iran or Iraq can.

Turkey seems to buy that oil. Erdogan can't be trusted and russians don't trust him. He is a tool to destroy NATO.

Anyway US seems to only protect the oil fields, not the transport. Destroy those trucks and the drivers will be scared and stop driving.
    crod
    crod

Post  crod Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:49 am

SeigSoloyvov wrote:
    GarryB wrote:

Anyways.

Just like those Iranian trained men and supplied ieds in Iraq yeah??? After all, the us generals are on record in saying the Iranians are responsible for hundreds of deaths/injuries in Iraq... The proxies will hit you hard...again
    For a so called active military man, you seem quite naive about all this tbh.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:06 am

They took their infiltrated man back home  lol1

Sky News Breaking
    @SkyNewsBreak
    ·
    3h
    Reports suggest leader of Islamic State Abu Bakr al Baghdadi has been killed in a raid conducted by the U.S. military in northwest Syria

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:54 pm