Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+37
flamming_python
GarryB
Sprut-B
The-thing-next-door
Kiko
Podlodka77
Arrow
Broski
Werewolf
Krepost
thegopnik
Dr.Snufflebug
lancelot
caveat emptor
magnumcromagnon
Arkanghelsk
limb
franco
x_54_u43
Russian_Patriot_
Backman
ALAMO
Tingsay
calripson
owais.usmani
par far
PhSt
PapaDragon
Hole
miketheterrible
AlfaT8
kvs
Svyatoslavich
sepheronx
whir
Maximmmm
Firebird
41 posters

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development

Post  caveat emptor Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:28 pm

Werewolf wrote:
    I don't have really the time to google for anything that would cover up the facade of a building with the concept art what it is gonna look like, because that is really really rare in Germany and only some prestige construction companies do that for very few fancy projects.

But overall, yes some fabric with usually some logos, telephone numbers to hire the construction company and maybe sponsors is all that you will see in 99% of the time. Some times a small sign that says what is being constructed and the time window along with some company's website to rent/buy newly build apartments or working space like offices. The Russian approach is alot better as it hides the ugly construction site and doesn't lower the beauty of the city or local area. I have lived more than 12 years in Munich and the city center was and is still under construction all those years. China would have finished all projects within a 2-3 years for a fraction of the costs. Hell, any non EU country would have finished the projects within an acceptable time window. The corruption here is annoying and massive.
    Munich from my childhood at the end of 80's, early 90's used to be so much better than what it is now. Uberexpensive and crowded. It was still ok until 2010 or so, but took a dive after that. I didn't visit since 2019, but i can imagine that Germany was not fun during covid.
    Btw, problems with construction corruption in Muncih is not of a new date. It used to be bad already in the middle, end of '90s.

Werewolf likes this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Empty Re: Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development

Post  Scorpius Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:56 pm

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Ryz9DMbRfiSaRFfhEhTnDJzllO5CZHAKdboLLjlAcOHRNnBUOpMzoiwpJHD9jO3llv5xx8TyMuSDXffIokqBwWRmXaljKtPP
    As part of the Cultural Code Festival in Balashikha, artists from 10 countries have created more than 40 murals.
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Myral-kyltyrnii-kod1
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 2965745577
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 1099610
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 News_79106

sepheronx, franco, flamming_python, Werewolf and Hole like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:18 am

Had not seen fabric covered scaffolding before quite recently here... the Dunedin train station is widely photographed by tourists and they have done work on it in the past to keep it looking good, but this time around it has the building drawn on it so despite being covered up you get an idea of what it should look like...

Haven't seen anyone else do that here before but I like it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunedin_railway_station

sepheronx and franco like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:49 pm

zepia and Hole like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:01 am

flamming_python likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:02 pm

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Fizkk710
    Project Lakhta 2, height: 703m

flamming_python, Werewolf, xeno, kvs and lancelot like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:36 pm

There's the Lakhta-3 project as well, the one in the middle in this render

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 1669319366048-png

Well don't know about the Lakhta-3, but that the Lakhta-2 render was updated was surprising enough. Guess Gazprom still has the money to spend

kvs and Hole like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:27 pm

They should just use their money to build that Power of Siberia 2 pipeline. Have they even filled the first building to capacity?

owais.usmani and Broski like this post

caveat emptor
    caveat emptor

Post  caveat emptor Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:50 pm

You wouldn't believe how much money Gazprom spends irrationally. Aside from this vanity project there was more in the past. I hope that they will not build this nonsense.

owais.usmani and Broski like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:43 pm

They should use that money to expand Turkstream and connect the Yamal pipelines to the Power of Siberia
    so all that gas that was going to Germany can be rerouted to China, then eventually India and the rest of East/South-East Asia. Vanity projects like Lakhta should be put on the back-burner.
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Pipeli10

GarryB likes this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:28 pm

I can see the value in vanity projects. Vanity has a value all of its own

Don't believe me? Check out Dubai's popularity. Including now as a financial centre; it's eclipsing London as an off-shore capital.
    And heck, check out St. Petersburg itself, it was also a vanity project for a few small centuries

SO if they have the money, and the construction industry is hungry for orders, then why not build this hulk. It's an investment like any other; except more into the city itself than towards future sales.
    And hey the first Lakhta Centre I'm not sure if is even occupied yet, but we can figure that out later.

Main thing is that money isn't more urgently needed for other things. And if it isn't then I'm impressed.

Firebird, kvs and Hole like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:03 pm

Firebird, Hole and lancelot like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:39 pm

Some photos of the winners of the ArchiWood 2022 Award in Russia. If you are thinking where to go for a rest - these are pretty good options.
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 I15oix1ojyj71c11p0qnq7whg00bhem9
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 9o10xv82v2hn2xlszbbvvl4m84qkrnlz
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Nx0fcnc8f47tm5sroicvkgv24parutd7
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Ews3ews1d7702sepllt5ecc5i9ioxdga
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Lamo5gqyd7s9qc330b0ameb3w1187mmq
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Bhqn1n9b1119xwbqs8axgw4zg925jw43
    https://tourism.arhiwood.com/prize/vote/luchshiy-bystrovozvodimyy-otel-iz-dereva/
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Syxdyctncg0rrha51ek7wwy9g1l1403y
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Gtua4b3c1jtmr34jeg5acvq93psy9q0p
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Qmz1lifm5t4mcxqi31ep5v6nmj46e61v
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F155pf6gkglwtb41twki93v6io0c4pie
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 3nagw6n5jjujzvalkn6zcdf7sq15htd1
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Cyzh8q8iky9ak34lf34ro0ikca00wtsp
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Lgchwzyzc8d5l0w43a84c5izbbr45dt4
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Srbx8ztib5ymb5rb9tezqwhk44z7vjik
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Fhly8gam7uxykuoudnd6z94tr4bg3fau
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 7n90mhnlyh1wmhw83djsb2qqkoipo9lb
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 D0b4b322reb25xoedl6de9269rxwor00
    https://tourism.arhiwood.com/prize/vote/luchshiy-otel-iz-dereva/

GarryB, franco, Firebird, flamming_python, xeno, kvs, zepia and like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:16 pm

Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk oblast, Ural region. Some changes over the past 12 years:

GarryB, xeno, kvs, Hole, Scorpius and Belisarius like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:01 pm

135km outside Moscow lies the quaint little (pop ~20k) town of Zaraysk, founded all the way back in 1146 AD.

It has a little Kremlin fortress (built around 1530), several old churches, picturesque streets, classic old Russian houses and so on. It all became quite dilapitated in the 1980s-1990s unfortunately, but major efforts were launched recently to restore it and freshen it up.

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 HSrHMIi

Results of the ongoing work can be seen already:

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Ew9GJ4I

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 OvsnXH3

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 5MjlmGq

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 RQRWXqI

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 IgH02eF

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 8pdE3jx

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Xm480EY

Just a little random thing.

GarryB, flamming_python, xeno, kvs, ALAMO, zardof, Hole and like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:18 pm

A quite interesting observation emerges when we watch this "10 year change" vids.

As I watched them for a while, a thing struck me.

There is an obvious increase not only in the infrastructure quality but the quality of this infrastructure - if you know what I mean.

Things are being erected or modernized not only to resolve principal human issues but being made to look good. Mass usage of marble or other rather expensive natural materials. Those things are getting more and more expensive, only to look better and better.

GarryB, flamming_python, kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:31 pm

I find this kind of thing interesting, re above.

There are many hundreds of similar small cities/towns in Russia that are currently undergoing massive facelifts. Many have really risen from the ashes in recent years.

But on Twitter you still see those trolls post the same decade-old picture of some street in Vorkuta for the 1000th time as an example of how "everything outside of Moscow and St. Petersburg is complete shit", "Russia/Putin doesn't care about anything except a few central areas" etc.

I find it funny. I mean, it has been patently false for 20 years - all large cities have seen enormous work done. First of all the millioniki of course, but also all sub-million ones.

And now it's beginning to show even in smallish towns that few have ever heard of.

But even in ten years you will be able to look to some half-abandoned Arctic mining town to provide some bad photos, I guess. Oh well.

One of the most popular "meme" photos is this one, from Arkhangelsk in the far north:
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Fpwwlt10

It's a section of the Avenue of Soviet Cosmonauts, infamous for being neglected (Arkhangelsk has also seen enormous facelifts in recent years, but this particular stretch of road hasn't, funny if you pop down on Yandex street view right where that shot was made and turn 180, it's a 180).

However, this little stretch is now also under heavy redevelopment:
    https://29.ru/text/transport/2022/12/14/71897225/

So that meme photo will soon be outdated (it technically is already, they tore down the uninhabitated dilapitated buildings a while back, but the roadwork is ongoing).

Last edited by Dr.Snufflebug on Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, kvs, ALAMO, Hole and Broski like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:36 pm

I will remind you of the agitprop around the Lachta Tower.
    When they have deliberately made photos with a skyscraper, while located at the old dacha district that was abandoned for decades as already bought and waiting for the district development to be abolished.
    Yet they could achieve a cadre with falling-off wooden houses and a "Gazprom Penis" in the background to deliver the message Laughing

GarryB, flamming_python and kvs like this post

Dr.Snufflebug

Post  Dr.Snufflebug Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:43 pm

That Lakhta/Olgino thing is so stupid. That's prime real estate right there, and indeed you see plenty of fresh high-end villas in the same area.

The reason some houses look like complete trash is usually because the owners neglected it to live elsewhere and want to sell the plot, but the property is hella pricey and the additional cost for a prospective new owner to tear stuff down and build a brand new house is also quite large. That scares off a lot of buyers and the ruins just remain.

Until some big company (or the state or local govt) just buys everyone out and builds something else, which tends to happen in the end.

It's a similar story with the many run down apartment buildings. Tenants were granted private ownership when communism fell, and their properties are worth something, it might be their biggest asset, but often hard/impossible to sell. And nobody has the right to evict them even if the building is almost falling apart. So you get this catch-22 kinda issue.

Hence the drama ten or so years ago when the Moscow government really wanted to get rid of some absolutely unmaintainable, near-unlivable eyesores, and relocate folks to new-built apartments. Protests occured etc. And win-win for western propaganda! Russians are protesting, great! Russia is full of people living in terrible premises, great! News!

I think that situation was solved after a while though.

GarryB, flamming_python, kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:39 pm

A quite interesting observation emerges when we watch this "10 year change" vids.

As I watched them for a while, a thing struck me.

There is an obvious increase not only in the infrastructure quality but the quality of this infrastructure - if you know what I mean.

Things are being erected or modernized not only to resolve principal human issues but being made to look good. Mass usage of marble or other rather expensive natural materials. Those things are getting more and more expensive, only to look better and better.

Basically all the surviving buildings from the Tsarist era, and all the good-looking buildings from the Soviet-era - were the 'high quality infrastructure' and expensive show-case buildings of their day. They were mostly made from stone or other high-quality materials. Trade houses, banks, famous universities, hotels, elite housing, noble's estates, official government agencies, theaters in large cities, railway stations, and so on.

Because in the Tsarist-era, most of the day-to-day buildings, whether private homes or schools or whatever; were made out of wood. Few of those buildings survive to this day. For much of the Soviet-era even, they were relying on building wooden buildings for many things, especially in the villages and smaller settlements but not only, until mass construction with concrete took off beginning from the 60s.
    This is why Arkhangelsk for example looks like shit today. Not so much because the buildings were objectively ugly when they were actually built; many weren't - but because this city is famous for its wooden architecture on the one hand since way back in the Tsarist epoch, and because many day to day buildings were built from wood there even during the Soviet era; which no-one bothered to fund the upkeep and maintenance of over the last 30 years. So of course it all looks half-dilapidated; wooden buildings are demanding.
    There are still some unlucky people there who live in 1950s wooden barrack buildings which were originally erected to house workers or families not for long. They basically live in 3rd world conditions by now. The government program to resettle them won't be concluded for another 6-7 years.

And this syndrome affects many northern cities. In Yakutsk they have 2-3 surviving buildings from the Tsarist-era; a church, what's today the geographical museum and the former treasury building.. and 1-2 wooden surviving buildings of historical significance that they desperately try to preserve, even in the face of a fire which destroyed most of one of them a few years back. That's pretty much it. The rest of the city dates from the 60s onward, it's all Soviet-era concrete, or ugly glass 90s-2000s construction, giving the impression of a city which dates back only several decades. But in fact it's a lot older, it's main problem was that it was almost exclusively built out of wood and very little of it has survived.

Last edited by flamming_python on Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

GarryB, kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:50 pm

I hardly get a point bro.
    (yes I get it but it is sarcasm)
    Show me the historical architecture of Scandinavia.
    All of it.
    Twisted Evil
    All that yapping about "lack of heritage as there was none" is as much stupid as the author.
    Aside of a single cases or Roman architecture or basilicas that were built for 100 years by generations, most of the monumental Euro infrastructure was created in the 17/19CET. Colonial slavery period, when Europe was supplied with a blooded wealth.
    Now that is all gone.
    The used-to-be great monuments of European rule are perishing.
    The once wealthiest place on the planet - Venice - is occupied by Chinese tourists.
    Genua's main arteries are full of urine that is flooding down to the sea - all done by narco gangs occupying the places where Columbus walked once.

GarryB, kvs, Hole and Broski like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:05 pm

par far, kvs and Hole like this post

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sat May 13, 2023 1:41 pm

Well I figure it's about time to give an update on that subject everyone here knows and loves; sports infrastructure in Russian cities clown

New multifunctional sports stadium opened in Kemerovo; the 'Kuzbass Arena'

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_a3V6YmFzcy1hcmVuYTQyLnJ1L2Fzc2V0cy9pbWcvY2xvdWQuanBnP19faWQ9MTUxMjQy
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_dXNlci52c2U0Mi5ydS9maWxlcy91aS02MzVmN2VlMjNkZmI3NS42MjIzMzgyMC5qcGVnP19faWQ9MTUxMjQy
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_a3V6YmFzcy1hcmVuYTQyLnJ1L2Fzc2V0cy9pbWcvaW5mcmFzdHJ1Y3R1cmUtMTEuanBnP19faWQ9MTUxMjQy
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_a3V6YmFzcy1hcmVuYTQyLnJ1L2Fzc2V0cy9pbWcvMjktMDMuanBnP19faWQ9MTUxMjQy
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy83LzcvNzcxMTY4MzI3NDcyMV9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTEyNDI=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy82LzQvNjQyMTY4MzI3NDc0MV9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTEyNDI=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_YWRtaW4ucHJva3V6YmFzcy5ydS9tZWRpYV9uZXcvMS8xLzEvMS85LzUvYjU0NmU3NTQwMWZiMjM1ZDJjMDEzZWMwYjExOTMwZDIvaXFGbVNXWUIxM2RmMmpVc0w1VWRCYWNnTWpYUHlMUnNsUVl2d1B0Qy10aHVtYl8xOTIwLmpwZz9fX2lkPTE1MTI0Mg==

Next town over from Kemerovo, the reconstructed 'Kuznetsk metallurgists' ice-hockey arena in Novokuznetsk

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_a2FzaWN0LnJ1L2ltYWdlcy9uZXdzLzIwMjMtMDItMDgvMTMuanBnP19faWQ9MTUwMTI0
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_Y2RuLnZhc2hnb3JvZC5ydS9yLzEyMDB4MTAwMC9uZXdzLzkwLzU5LzkwNTlmNzhjY2Y0ZmE4NWMxZjE0NDQ2YjFkMTVlZWJkLmpwZz9fX2lkPTE1MDEyNA==
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy8xLzgvMTg2MTY3NTg1NzUwOF9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTAxMjQ=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_a2FzaWN0LnJ1L2ltYWdlcy9uZXdzLzIwMjMtMDItMDgvMTYuanBnP19faWQ9MTUwMTI0
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_Y2RuLnZhc2hnb3JvZC5ydS9yLzEyMDB4MTAwMC9uZXdzLzNmLzA0LzNmMDQ3NWViZjVmOGY2NDk0ZjJmOTI0NjVlNTY0NjdkLmpwZz9fX2lkPTE1MDEyNA==

The largest mixed martial arts centre in Siberia has completed construction and opened its doors, in the city of Barnaul. Well, doesn't look very big, but maybe there aren't many mixed martial centres to compare it with.

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_YmFybmF1bC5vcmcvdXBsb2FkL3Jlc2l6ZV9jYWNoZS9pYmxvY2svOTk5L2NxeGtleXhncW04bnk5anR4enFnMDB2aDNrbTVwbTdwLzg4Nl81OTFfMTFhZDA1NmFmMTU5NTA5ZmEyOWIxM2FhMWQ1MDc5YzFhL0lNR185MzY2LmpwZz9fX2lkPTE1MDY2Ng==
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_YmFybmF1bC5vcmcvdXBsb2FkL3Jlc2l6ZV9jYWNoZS9pYmxvY2svYjg0LzlndmltcG94MjNvbzVraGhseXpybDc5dGMzNjdrZnhoLzg4Nl81OTFfMTFhZDA1NmFmMTU5NTA5ZmEyOWIxM2FhMWQ1MDc5YzFhL0lNR185MDAwLmpwZz9fX2lkPTE1MDY2Ng==
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_YmFybmF1bC5vcmcvdXBsb2FkL3Jlc2l6ZV9jYWNoZS9pYmxvY2svYjlkL3c1N20wODQ1YWwyejhkMzBjank0ZnRvY21naW1teGR6Lzg4Nl81OTFfMTFhZDA1NmFmMTU5NTA5ZmEyOWIxM2FhMWQ1MDc5YzFhL0lNR184OTQ3LmpwZz9fX2lkPTE1MDY2Ng==
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_YmFybmF1bC5vcmcvdXBsb2FkL3Jlc2l6ZV9jYWNoZS9pYmxvY2svOGE5L3R1cGMwNjQ4cXJqbzE3eWp1cGxib3Vyd2hibjlpZWs5Lzg4Nl81OTFfMTFhZDA1NmFmMTU5NTA5ZmEyOWIxM2FhMWQ1MDc5YzFhL0lNR184OTQ4LmpwZz9fX2lkPTE1MDY2Ng==

The village of Tomarovka in the Belgorod region got a new sports complex, courtesy of Gazprom. It's equipped for volleyball, basketball, badminton and 5-a-side football. I put it here as it's quite typical of the sports complexes that get constructed for small settlements around the country, whether by state corporations or by the local authorities. Sometimes they're more focused on martial arts, sometimes on team sports, sometimes gymnastics, swimming pools - it depends.

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_d3d3LmdhenByb20ucnUvZi9wb3N0cy82NC80NTIxNTYvcnIzYTk0MjQtcmVkYWt0LTIuanBnP19faWQ9MTUxMDI5
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_d3d3LmdhenByb20ucnUvcHJldmlldy9mL3Bvc3RzLzY0LzQ1MjE1Ni93MTEwMF8wbDJhMDU1OC1yZWRha3QuanBnP19faWQ9MTUxMDI5
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_YmVscmVnaW9uLnJ1L3VwbG9hZC9pYmxvY2svODkzLzN1b2R4N2R3eTZnb3p1ZGJibm90czI5aWplYXAyOHp2L1ZTSF8xNTUxLmpwZz9fX2lkPTE1MTAyOQ==

Here's another example; a new ice arena in the village of Novye Zory in the Altai territory

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_d3d3LmFrenMucnUvdXBsb2FkL2libG9jay81YTQvNTVwcWc3czdkMnJwMmtyaHkxcnoxNXUyaHh3d2J4djAvQUtaXzI2NzYuSlBHP19faWQ9MTUwNjI4
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_d3d3LmFrenMucnUvdXBsb2FkL2libG9jay8zMTIvampkeDM5dnJyNjV6N3o4dWpsaXZzejZieTFkb3B4ZG0vQUtaXzI3MTMuSlBHP19faWQ9MTUwNjI4
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_a2F0dW4yNC5ydS9zaXRlcy9kZWZhdWx0L2ZpbGVzL3N0eWxlcy9uZXdzX2Z1bGwvcHVibGljL2ltYWdlcy90dGZ1dC5qcGc_X19pZD0xNTA2MjgmaXRvaz1tNk1LV0N6diZjPTVmYTlkMmQzOThmMzIxMWI4MTExZTAwMzAxYWZkOWJm

Or like this physical education centre in the small town of Kandalaksha in the Murmansk region
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_Z292LW11cm1hbi5ydS91cGxvYWQvaWJsb2NrLzU0MS8xMzVnYTNxbGd3Zmx5OGV3M2JpMjl1Nm9ndHE5bHd3dy9EQlZENzk1OC5KUEc_X19pZD0xNTA0MTI=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_Z292LW11cm1hbi5ydS91cGxvYWQvaWJsb2NrL2IxNi9uMjRmeHlkNzk0YWQ0a3g3OWJuaGdua2pvMGluZWZkaS9EQlZENjc4Ny5KUEc_X19pZD0xNTA0MTI=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_Z292LW11cm1hbi5ydS91cGxvYWQvaWJsb2NrL2Q1Ny92YjM1bmgzdHRmdmp6NmIzMDVrbW1zaW43MGE3d215Yi9EQlZENzEyNS5KUEc_X19pZD0xNTA0MTI=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_Z292LW11cm1hbi5ydS91cGxvYWQvaWJsb2NrLzAxOS9qMWhqdzNleHV5bjd0MmNoMnRhb2ZhbzI1ZTlmMmtoMi9EQlZENzc4Ny5KUEc_X19pZD0xNTA0MTI=

A new multifunctional sports complex for the settlement of Burayevo in Bashkiria
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_Z2xhdmFyYi5ydS91cGxvYWQvcmVzaXplX2NhY2hlL2libG9jay8xY2UvMTAwMF83NTBfMS8wMCUyMERKSV8wNDM0LkpQRz9fX2lkPTE1MDUyMA==
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_Z2xhdmFyYi5ydS91cGxvYWQvcmVzaXplX2NhY2hlL2libG9jay9hZTEvMTAwMF83NTBfMS8xNiUyMFlBUjAyNDkxLkpQRz9fX2lkPTE1MDUyMA==
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_Z2xhdmFyYi5ydS91cGxvYWQvcmVzaXplX2NhY2hlL2libG9jay9hODYvMTAwMF83NTBfMS8yMiUyMFlBUjAzNDQ4LkpQRz9fX2lkPTE1MDUyMA==
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy82LzQvNjQ4MTY3ODk0MjUxMl9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTA1MjA=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy81LzEvNTE2MTY3ODk0MjUyNF9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTA1MjA=

A reconstructed multifunctional sports complex in the rich village of Gorki-2 in the Moscow region. Includes an ice-rink and a ballet school.
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_b2JqLm1vc3JlZ3RvZGF5LnJ1L2ltZy9hcnRpY2xlcy9pdGVtcy90aHVtYi9leHRyYS8xNjc4NzgzMDY4MjQ2NDg5MDk1NTkuanBnP19faWQ9MTUwNTk1
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_aW0uZXpnaWYuY29tL3RtcC9lemdpZi0xLTFhN2NkOWNhY2UuanBnP19faWQ9MTUwNTk1
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_aW0uZXpnaWYuY29tL3RtcC9lemdpZi0xLWMyNmUyNGE5MTUuanBnP19faWQ9MTUwNTk1
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_aW0uZXpnaWYuY29tL3RtcC9lemdpZi0xLWUyMWYxZTc3YWUuanBnP19faWQ9MTUwNTk1

Construction of the 'Dynamo sports academy' in Moscow

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Vol5%2Fmedia%2Foriginal%2F0000%2F0840%2F20%2F000008402071_0%3A0%3A0%3A0_1400x1000_80_9_1_0JDQvdGC0L7QvSDQlNC10L3QuNGB0L7QsiAjODQwMjA3MQ%3D%3D_92%3A89_ria-8402071-preview_f28db768675a8fbfdb582891b5d46b49
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Vol5%2Fmedia%2Foriginal%2F0000%2F0840%2F21%2F000008402150_0%3A0%3A0%3A0_1400x1000_80_9_1_0JDQvdGC0L7QvSDQlNC10L3QuNGB0L7QsiAjODQwMjE1MA%3D%3D_92%3A89_ria-8402150-preview_bd0a726ceb7611905db6d480dbb24ae2
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Vol5%2Fmedia%2Foriginal%2F0000%2F0840%2F21%2F000008402130_0%3A0%3A0%3A0_1400x1000_80_9_1_0JDQvdGC0L7QvSDQlNC10L3QuNGB0L7QsiAjODQwMjEzMA%3D%3D_92%3A89_ria-8402130-preview_d9d4fb016b7fee85aaf513d23732dd9e

Also in Moscow, a new sports complex with a swimming pool. A fairly typical project for Moscow.

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_d3d3Lm1vcy5ydS91cGxvYWQvbmV3c2ZlZWQvbmV3cy9NQVhfNjk4NC5qcGc_X19pZD0xNTA4NzI=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_bXNrbm92b3N0aS5ydS93cC1jb250ZW50L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAyMy8wNC9waG90b18yMDIzLTA0LTA3XzEyLTU1LTUwLWUxNjgwODYyOTY4NTE2LTg3MHg0MDAuanBnP19faWQ9MTUwODcy
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_d3d3Lm1vcy5ydS91cGxvYWQvbmV3c2ZlZWQvbmV3cy9NQVhfNzA0Ny5qcGc_X19pZD0xNTA4NzI=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_d3d3Lm1vcy5ydS91cGxvYWQvbmV3c2ZlZWQvbmV3cy9NQVhfNzAxNy5qcGc_X19pZD0xNTA4NzI=

The newly-opened Palace of water sports in Ekaterinburg

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_ZWthdDIwMjMuY29tL3Bob3RvL2kvMzMxMC9waWN0dXJlXzEwNjJfNzEzX3Bob3RvXzIwMjMtMDQtMTNfMTEuMTYuNDcuanBlZz9fX2lkPTE1MDkzNCZ0aW1lc3RhbXA9MTY4MTQ0ODAzOQ==
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_ZWFuZXdzLnJ1L3VwbG9hZHMvaW1hZ2VzLzIwMjMvYXByaWwvMTMvcGhvdG8tMDAwNC1jMS0tMDAzMS5qcGc_X19pZD0xNTA5MzQ=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy83LzAvNzA2MTY4MTQ0OTAyN19vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTA5MzQ=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy81LzgvNTgyMTY4MTQ0OTAxNV9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTA5MzQ=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy8xLzcvMTc3MTY4MTQ0OTAwMF9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTA5MzQ=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy84LzYvODYxMTY4MTQ0ODk4Nl9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTA5MzQ=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy81LzIvNTIxMTY4MTQ0ODk3M19vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTA5MzQ=

And the new Palace of judo also in Ekaterinburg

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_ZWthdDIwMjMuY29tL3Bob3RvL2ovMzMxMS9waWN0dXJlXzEwNjJfNzEzXzIwMjMtMDQtMTNfMTcuMzIuMjIuanBnP19faWQ9MTUwOTM0JnRpbWVzdGFtcD0xNjgxNDQ3OTIx
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 D3d3Lm9ibGdhemV0YS5ydS9tZWRpYS9maWxlcl9wdWJsaWNfdGh1bWJuYWlscy9maWxlcl9wdWJsaWMvMjAyMy8wNC8xMy9jZGI4MDNjNy01NGIzLTQ3ZGEtYTNiYS03YTRmYTgyMTcwOTAtNC1QQVZfMzg4NC5wbmdfXzEwMjR4NjgzX3E4NV9zdWJzYW1wbGluZy0yLmpwZz9fX2lkPTE1MDkzNA==
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_dWstYWthZGVtLnJ1L3VwbG9hZC9tZWRpYWxpYnJhcnkvZTUxL3d3bWVrOW02dGs3Y3g1OGU3eWhkM2trNDVhMDFxbHcyL0lNR182ODk0LkpQRz9fX2lkPTE1MDkzNA==

A new center for artistic and aesthetic gymnastics in Ekaterinburg..

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_bWlkdXJhbC5ydS9maWxlcy9uZXdzLzIwMjMvMDEvcl84MDBfNjAwL2xkaXBfMTQwNF8yMDIzMDI0MTYyNy5KUEc_X19pZD0xNDk5MzI=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_bWlkdXJhbC5ydS9maWxlcy9uZXdzLzIwMjMvMDEvcl84MDBfNjAwL2xkaXBfMTcwNF8yMDIzMDI0MTYyNy5KUEc_X19pZD0xNDk5MzI=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_bWlkdXJhbC5ydS9maWxlcy9uZXdzLzIwMjMvMDEvcl84MDBfNjAwL2xkaXBfMjEyMF8yMDIzMDI0MTYyOC5KUEc_X19pZD0xNDk5MzI=

Aaaand, a new kid's tennis academy also in the same city

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_aW0yLmV6Z2lmLmNvbS90bXAvZXpnaWYtMi04MmExZmM3Mjk3LmpwZz9fX2lkPTE1MDM5Mg==
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_aW0yLmV6Z2lmLmNvbS90bXAvZXpnaWYtMi1jYWYxZDk5MjllLmpwZz9fX2lkPTE1MDM5Mg==
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_aW0yLmV6Z2lmLmNvbS90bXAvZXpnaWYtMi00NjhiZWNhYzY0LmpwZz9fX2lkPTE1MDM5Mg==
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_aW0yLmV6Z2lmLmNvbS90bXAvZXpnaWYtMi1kNDUxZDVlMTU3LmpwZz9fX2lkPTE1MDM5Mg==
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_aW0yLmV6Z2lmLmNvbS90bXAvZXpnaWYtMi1kZGQ1MTI2MGIyLmpwZz9fX2lkPTE1MDM5Mg==

New water sports palace in Simferopol, Crimea. Shame it's a little ugly, its exterior design was simplified down from what was planned originally. Main thing is though what's inside.

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy8xLzMvMTM1MTY4MTkwMzAyNl9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTEwMDM=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy80LzUvNDUwMTY4MTkwMzA2NV9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTEwMDM=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy85LzMvOTM2MTY4MTkwMzA4MF9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTEwMDM=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy85LzYvOTY4MTY4MTkwMzE5OF9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTEwMDM=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy80LzcvNDcxMTY4MTkwMzA5Ml9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTEwMDM=

The 'academy of martial arts' in the federal territory of Sirius; I believe it's adjacent to Sochi. No expenses spared here

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy85LzgvOTgwMTY3Njg4MTg2OF9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTAyNjA=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy82LzAvNjA4MTY3Njg4MTg4Nl9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTAyNjA=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy84LzcvODczMTY3Njg4MTg5OF9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTAyNjA=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy8yLzIvMjI4MTY3Njg4MTkxNV9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTAyNjA=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy82LzEvNjEyMTY3Njg4MTkzMF9vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTAyNjA=
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 F_c2RlbGFub3VuYXMucnUvdXBsb2Fkcy84LzAvODA3MTY3Njg4MTk1N19vcmlnLmpwZWc_X19pZD0xNTAyNjA=

And finally, some renders for upcoming projects

A new palace of gymnastics in Moscow

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 1683395339490-png
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 1683402656256-png

A new sports complex for the Far Eastern Federal University on Russky island, Vladivostok

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 1683392789619-png
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 1683392796335-png

And a project for the reconstruction of the Luzhniki ice palace in Moscow (not to be confused with Luzhniki stadium)

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Ia6cv3dn9xq-jpg
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Mu9nwgol-fm-jpg

GarryB, xeno, kvs, zardof, Hole, Scorpius and Broski like this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:12 pm

Hole likes this post

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:18 pm

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 P6pbn5rpfxni5tgdtj2ki4ndh2bd3xcd
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Y9s71cvgw3er7k5holbgqkyn159vrns0
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 Unz0lwv1l395ogwn3rjvrrrqd1wi3vxe
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 14 5anspcn3zw2dqhoyyb4nhvv0a31n9b84
    Fitness club in Skolkovo.
    Also a link to the website of the ArhiWood Architectural Award

flamming_python and Hole like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:03 pm