Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+36
GarryB
Sprut-B
The-thing-next-door
Kiko
Podlodka77
Arrow
Broski
Werewolf
Krepost
thegopnik
Dr.Snufflebug
lancelot
caveat emptor
magnumcromagnon
Arkanghelsk
limb
franco
x_54_u43
Russian_Patriot_
Backman
ALAMO
Tingsay
calripson
owais.usmani
par far
PhSt
PapaDragon
Hole
miketheterrible
AlfaT8
kvs
Svyatoslavich
sepheronx
whir
Maximmmm
Firebird
40 posters

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development

Post  flamming_python Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:30 am

Some new landmarks in Vladivostok

The musical fountain on the central square
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 F0817a39844b

Buracheka Hill walkway
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 1630973734526_default
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 1630973725693_default
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 1630973730239_default
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 1630973634943_default

Last edited by flamming_python on Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total

GarryB, magnumcromagnon and Russian_Patriot_ like this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Empty Re: Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:33 am

flamming_python wrote:Some new landmarks in Vladivostok

The musical fountain on the central square
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 F0817a39844b

Buracheka Hill walkway
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 1630973734526_default
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 1630973725693_default
    Incredible view Shocked
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:36 am

Russian_Patriot_ wrote:
    Incredible view Shocked

Indeed

I think this city is going places, but still about 5 years of bardak left until boom-town status
    Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:00 am

Project of the branch of the Russian Museum in Kemerovo
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 E49p4710
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Nwu7ym10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 I8qmvm10Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 -8el-j10

GarryB, magnumcromagnon and PapaDragon like this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:37 am

The project of the building of a new stable at VDNH
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 E0xq1k10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Bglvzg10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Sy9hln10Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 X_zlf810
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Pltzyj10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 O7aao710

GarryB, magnumcromagnon and PapaDragon like this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:40 am

Victory Park in the town of Bavly in Tatarstan after reconstruction
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Djju6510Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Jgpv8311
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Laka_211
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Azhktu10

GarryB and PapaDragon like this post

owais.usmani

Post  owais.usmani Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:30 am

https://www.rt.com/russia/534927-kopaygorodsky-sochi-population-doubled/

When Sochi won the battle to host the 2014 Winter Olympic Games, many claimed that investment in a dilapidated Soviet resort, partially on swampland, was just for show, and that the city would quickly turn into a Potemkin village.
    Predictions of the city's decline after the investment attracted by the games so far appear to be inaccurate. On Wednesday, the mayor of the area, popular as a domestic holiday destination for Russians, and increasingly as a residence for those seeking a better climate, said that it was growing at an almost unprecedented pace. According to Alexey Kopaygorodsky, the permanent population has nearly doubled from just over 300,000 in 2010 and now stands at more than 600,000.

GarryB, magnumcromagnon, Big_Gazza, PapaDragon, miketheterrible and Hole like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:03 pm

600k population, this can easily reach 1 million soon

Sochi now officially qualifies to have a nuclear submarine named after it thumbsup

''Yasen-class submarine Sochi'' has a nice ring to it

x_54_u43 likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:47 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    600k population, this can easily reach 1 million soon

Sochi now officially qualifies to have a nuclear submarine named after it thumbsup

''Yasen-class submarine Sochi'' has a nice ring to it

It may just increase to over a million. Sochi has perfect weather for Russia, beautiful, lots of recreation and activities. Only thing is that it may not have going for it is industry. That can also change over time. Hell, Russia should make it a movie and electronics industry as well.

So much prospects for that city. I know a guy here whos family has property south of Sochi and he plans to move back when his contract here is done cause now he can get work over there making decent money and he already has a house he can live in. Says its so wonderful to live there but prior, no work. Now lots to do.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:52 pm

Don't spoil it with industry. Sochi requires growth control. Having millions move there because of the mild climate would destroy it.
    Save money and do not allow any relocation. If there is a need to grow southern cities then prevent focusing on one and force the
    growth to be spread across many population centers. Wild west urban formation is just stupid.

magnumcromagnon and miketheterrible like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:54 pm

kvs wrote:Don't spoil it with industry.   Sochi requires growth control.   Having millions move there because of the mild climate would destroy it.
    Save money and do not allow any relocation.    If there is a need to grow southern cities then prevent focusing on one and force the
    growth to be spread across many population centers.   Wild west urban formation is just stupid.

You are right. But some industries is needed imo. Why not allowing processing plants like waste processing to make end goods, and furniture as well as smaller industry style businesses? These shouldn't cause any issues I can think of. Also, having a movie industry there may also attract more in tourism as well.

Just my own thoughts.
    x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

Post  x_54_u43 Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:18 am

kvs wrote:Don't spoil it with industry.   Sochi requires growth control.   Having millions move there because of the mild climate would destroy it.
    Save money and do not allow any relocation.    If there is a need to grow southern cities then prevent focusing on one and force the
    growth to be spread across many population centers.   Wild west urban formation is just stupid.

What a great idea! Have even more tiny little impoverished towns in Russia, just with sunshine and palm trees and total lack of work.

You'd think by now that Russia/Russians would realize by now that the reason why Moscow/Peter/other larger cities have such wealth and living standards is that they are large cities with large collective people living close together and working together, providing a nurturing environment for innovation, growth, industry and other things.

And how are you going to "save" money and not allow any relocation? With a fucking gun pointed to their head? Are you insane? You most certainly will save some money, these people will go abroad, to a country that doesn't do insanely stupid shit like like forcing unnatural growth trends that prevent an increase in quality of life.

Also this is a golden nugget right here, "growth control", as if there is much growth in Russia currently to control at all, and you want to prevent Russians seeking out better climate and conditions within their own country and growth of new large cities?

flamming_python likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:27 am

Take a valium, dude.

You set up a straw man and then proceed to tear it down. Get stuffed.

For those who don't have a stick up their ass: the point is not to have a black hole urban development pattern where one center grows
    at the expense of all the other ones in the region to create yet another urban toilet. I bet the residents of Sochi don't want some
    horde arriving to grow the city to a size that suits some internet arm chair expert's desire. And distributed city growth has nothing
    to do with the retarded claim that that they will all be poor. Here we see the "expert" assuming that Russia is full of decaying towns.

This confirms that the claimer is an Ukr as has been evident in his other posts. He is repeating all the brain dead Ukr fantasies about
    Russia while trying to pose as a Russian. GTFO.

x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

Post  x_54_u43 Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:51 am

kvs wrote:Take a valium, dude.

You set up a straw man and then proceed to tear it down.  Get stuffed.

LMAO, where's the straw man? You wanted to do growth control and save money, why don't you explain what you mean? You want to return to Soviet style system where you had to apply to Interior Ministry of whatever city and receive permission to move? You want to restrict Russians freedom of movement? How exactly are you going to control this growth and interior migration?

For those who don't have a stick up their ass: the point is not to have a black hole urban development pattern where one center grows
    at the expense of all the other ones in the region to create yet another urban toilet.    I bet the residents of Sochi don't want some
    horde arriving to grow the city to a size that suits some internet arm chair expert's desire.    And distributed city growth has nothing
    to do with the retarded claim that that they will all be poor.    Here we see the "expert" assuming that Russia is full of decaying towns.

Oh yeah dude, what utter black hole Moscow and the other major Russian cities are, just depressing hotspots of modern infrastructure and services, buses, modern housing, metro, HEALTHCARE.

I also think you're the last person to talk about what residents of Sochi want, I'm quite certain they are very happy with their cities growth, compared to how previously before the investments into the Olympics, there were frequent power outages.

And don't worry about Sochi being the only growing southern city, there is also the blackhole of Krasnodar! Russia's fastest growing city if I recall correctly, I'm SURE how awful life is for the residents, living in such a bleak city! I am sure they would rather be forced to live somewhere else by some dude named kvs.

And I can assure you, Russia is full of villages, small towns and even some moderate sized ones that are quickly losing population, especially in the North and Far East. Please inform them how great their lives are there, and that they shouldn't move to a better region with better opportunities. So yeah, I'm thinking I'm quite correct in my rating of the poor conditions outside of major Russian cities.

This confirms that the claimer is an Ukr as has been evident in his other posts.   He is repeating all the brain dead Ukr fantasies about
    Russia while trying to pose as a Russian.   GTFO.

Lol dude, maybe learn Russian like I have and go read and listen to what actual Russians have to say, especially those outside of major cities and how they live. I can assure you, Russia's cities are going to continue to grow and a large pace at the expense of the rural smaller areas, and this is a trend the Russian government should be augmenting and assisting, not pissing away limited funds into a lost cause(the Russian rural towns and villages).
    Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:59 am

x_54_u43 wrote:Lol dude, maybe learn Russian like I have and go read and listen to what actual Russians have to say, especially those outside of major cities and how they live. I can assure you, Russia's cities are going to continue to grow and a large pace at the expense of the rural smaller areas, and this is a trend the Russian government should be augmenting and assisting, not pissing away limited funds into a lost cause(the Russian rural towns and villages).
    Ого, вы знаете русский? (Wow, do you know Russian?)

x_54_u43 likes this post

x_54_u43
    x_54_u43

Post  x_54_u43 Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:07 am

Russian_Patriot_ wrote:
    x_54_u43 wrote:Lol dude, maybe learn Russian like I have and go read and listen to what actual Russians have to say, especially those outside of major cities and how they live. I can assure you, Russia's cities are going to continue to grow and a large pace at the expense of the rural smaller areas, and this is a trend the Russian government should be augmenting and assisting, not pissing away limited funds into a lost cause(the Russian rural towns and villages).
    Ого, вы знаете русский? (Wow, do you know Russian?)

Yes, I'd reply in Cyrillic but I don't have such keyboard and phonetic keyboard is ass.

Usually I read Tass and RBC to keep up to date with events and interviews, a key pleasure of mine is reading Tass's (Russian version) of National Projects, lots of encouraging and positive movements there, gives hope and confidence to me to see Russia as a modern nation with high living standards and purchasing power for it's people, which would also mean becoming a proper superpower(somewhat of a meaningless term nowadays).

I also keep up with Russian science with it as well, which is why I posted about the mega grants website in the electronics thread. And I will post more soon about some other stuff.

Here is the National Projects section of Tass to keep apace of Russian spending and development of its country. (You will need translator).

https://tass.ru/nacionalnye-proekty

Russian_Patriot_ likes this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:56 am

Reconstruction of Ilyina Street in Veliky Novgorod
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Ujfdd710
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Qwmbww10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Fz_ojy10

franco, flamming_python and x_54_u43 like this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:37 pm

Willow-park near Tyumen. Only plants from local nurseries are used in the design, including more than 60 different varieties of willows. 
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Pfvk1v10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Dpikj310
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Ddbkj_10Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 16nwte10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 I1hkfn10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 8ayrif10Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 5wiu2k10

GarryB, flamming_python, x_54_u43 and Hole like this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:18 pm

Bakery No.9 in Moscow after reconstruction
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 H91wjc10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 8fjpa410
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Pzsxqu10Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Ynew3w10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Wpjvul10

flamming_python likes this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:20 pm

The project of reconstruction of the square of the 50th anniversary of the Soviet Power in the city of Belorechensk in the Krasnodar Territory, which won the competition for the improvement of small towns and historical settlements. 
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 -filwi10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Nrppn610
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Vj_jeu10Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Asb9yq10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Igwh1g10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 N4zk5r10

GarryB, flamming_python and Hole like this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:03 pm

Medvezhegorsk railway station after reconstruction
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Xw4j6o10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 W4x0pt10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Egaijz10Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Lsg4wy10

PapaDragon likes this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:05 pm

A new section of the embankment in Perm
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 P_gjl510
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Ffcmfp10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Nqdibo10Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Dgdzjb10

GarryB and PapaDragon like this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:01 pm

The project of one of the buildings of the technological valley of Moscow State University. Construction works will start in December of this year.
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Vqdxhc10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Dthjpc10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 F8gelv10

flamming_python, magnumcromagnon and Hole like this post

Russian_Patriot_
    Russian_Patriot_

Post  Russian_Patriot_ Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:08 pm

Residential complex "Gingerbreads" in Vladivostok
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Hw8z5310
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 K7l73y10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Ow8e-710Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Fjuijw10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Prty-d10
    Russian Towns, Cities / Urban Development - Page 8 Y_ilsr10

Hole likes this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:48 pm

Speaking of Vladivostok here is some high quality drone promo of the city

Video is from 4 years ago so there should be even more stuff there by now:

Russian_Patriot_ likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:44 pm