Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+67
Stealthflanker
Project Canada
Rmf
Cucumber Khan
calripson
Bolt
Black-Swan
Kadmos45
auslander
VBCI
medo
George1
Godric
Regular
Admin
Akula971
Erk
Kimppis
Walther von Oldenburg
Cowboy's daughter
Svyatoslavich
zorobabel
Cyrus the great
wilhelm
higurashihougi
flamming_python
arpakola
macedonian
Karl Haushofer
jhelb
OminousSpudd
ExBeobachter1987
Firebird
Monarchist
Boshoed
Khepesh
GarryB
x_54_u43
Vann7
SturmGuard
Zivo
Morpheus Eberhardt
iraqidabab
Neutrality
whir
zg18
KiloGolf
mack8
ShahryarHedayatiSHBA
Solncepek
Dima
Acheron
Fred333
ult
Bidoul
Rodinazombie
KoTeMoRe
PapaDragon
BKP
ultron
kvs
Cyberspec
Siempre_Leal
sepheronx
max steel
JohninMK
Werewolf
71 posters

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

Firebird

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 26 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

Post  Firebird Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:44 pm

Zivo wrote:
    Firebird wrote:
    Zivo wrote:
    Firebird wrote:Does anyone know the price and effectiveness of a mass cruise missile strike against say military facilites across Turkey?

It was interesting to read the article alleging that Obummer was considering kicking Turdkey out of NATO earlier this yr. I wonder what the French think of it all. Germany however is overrun with the lowlive heroine dealers.

The price is irrelevant.

I'd send them a cheque. I'm just wondering how effective it would be vs land forces/naval bombardment and air squadrons.

Russia would use all of the above if it comes to war. Cruise missiles would likely be the first wave though.

I know there's an argument that potentially or soon, a major power like Russia or America could neutralise a lower league one with cruise missiles alone. I'm not sure if thats true yet. But it would be interesting.
    ult

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 26 Empty Re: Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5

Post  ult Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:45 pm

We will never forget...

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 26 PrasqMIXhLY
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:46 pm

Neutrality wrote:What would happen if the Turks shot down a Russian jet 30 years ago, when the USSR was still alive and well?

... Thermonuclear winter with the blessing of half the Balkan crew.

I don't think there's need for war here. Just keep pounding the Turkmens. Keep pounding until there's nothing else to do with Erdross, but to skirt that air border, then blow any Turkish asset out of the water. Also get the Kurds to cross the Euphrates. That would get those Turkish planes out.
    VBCI
    VBCI

Post  VBCI Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:52 pm

Lol,people thinking Russia will nuke or attack military facilities in Turkey,there will be bad relations between Russia and Turkey and one week later,we will forget about what happened.
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:53 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:

I refuse to believe that today's events lead immediately to nuclear confrontation. Some serious escalation with the use of force must have happened before sides resort to the "last option". I'm guessing the USSR would have parked the entire Black Sea fleet close to Turkey's borders and bombers would be patrolling 24/7.

KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:56 pm

VBCI wrote:Lol,people thinking Russia will nuke or attack military facilities in Turkey,there will be bad relations between Russia and Turkey and one week later,we will forget about what happened.

Not a chance in hell. This wasn't about airspace, nor is it about a Sukhoi a chopper and 3 soldiers/pilots. It's about Turkey trying to stop Russia from clearing the Syrian North from FSA. It's not exactly a week long feud, nor some BS about that. If the Pilots would have been returned safely and the search party was back flashing smiles, MAYBE the escalation would have been over three months later. Now, it's just planning time. Turkey is going down in Northern Syria. It's just the way things got right now. Short of and actual Turkish action in the ground there's no end to the Turkmen pain. Just because reasons.

Neutrality wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

I refuse to believe that today's events lead immediately to nuclear confrontation. Some serious escalation with the use of force must have happened before sides resort to the "last option". I'm guessing the USSR would have parked the entire Black Sea fleet close to Turkey's borders and bombers would be patrolling 24/7.

The question was, what if the Turks would have shot down a Soviet plane. Well given how Turkey was a junior partner in NATO and largley embroiled with Greece, that would have had to be a US sanctioned move. If so that was the first shots to WW3. The whole Med was completely different back then.

Now Turkey can pull this shit because there's no USSR anymore. So there. This thing wouldn't have happened then, period. And especially coming from Turkey.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:00 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    jhelb wrote:I just called up several people both in Russia and UK(Russians living in UK). And these are guys who have been part of the Russian military. They tell me that a Russian military response against Turkey is unlikely.
    Till what point? Are Russian lives that expendable? Will more have to die till Russian government wakes up?  This will be shown signs of weakness that NATO will take advantage of.
    Face it, Russia is not going to retaliate against any Western or Western-allied country. And yes, Russian lives are expendable for the Russian government.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:01 pm

VBCI wrote:Lol,people thinking Russia will nuke or attack military facilities in Turkey,there will be bad relations between Russia and Turkey and one week later,we will forget about what happened.

Not exactly. Just as we dont forget about Bathhouse Barry and his terror campaign in the former Ukraine.

People were already starting to wonder if Turdkey was an ISIS puppetmaster. Now we've all found the articles with our own eyes. Next targets - UAE, Saudi and ofcourse Uncle Sham.

Id get every single one of the kebab munchers out of Europe. I dont think theyre bad news, I KNOW it.
    The Turkish "business community" in Britain, for example, is just another way of saying "crime, heroine, drug money laundering, terror fundraising, and absolutely nothing legitimate".Much of this I know about personally, even from Muslims.
    Firebird

Post  Firebird Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    jhelb wrote:I just called up several people both in Russia and UK(Russians living in UK). And these are guys who have been part of the Russian military. They tell me that a Russian military response against Turkey is unlikely.
    Till what point? Are Russian lives that expendable? Will more have to die till Russian government wakes up?  This will be shown signs of weakness that NATO will take advantage of.
    Face it, Russia is not going to retaliate against any Western or Western-allied country. And yes, Russian lives are expendable for the Russian government.

You think |France will risk WW3 to defend the main Islamic creators of ISIS?
    I doubt it.

What we read here, has usually been discussed months ago between govts. Even Obummer is embarrassed by Turdkey.
    And he's a satanic little creep.

But I do hope Putin tears the kebabscum a new one sooner rather than later.
    zg18
    zg18

Post  zg18 Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:06 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:Not a chance in hell. This wasn't about airspace, nor is it about a Sukhoi a chopper and 3 soldiers/pilots. It's about Turkey trying to stop Russia from clearing the Syrian North from FSA. It's not exactly a week long feud, nor some BS about that. If the Pilots would have been returned safely and the search party was back flashing smiles, MAYBE the escalation would have been over three months later. Now, it's just planning time. Turkey is going down in Northern Syria. It's just the way things got right now. Short of and actual Turkish action in the ground there's no end to the Turkmen pain. Just because reasons.

Agreed, Erdogan tried to provoke Putin into doing something that would provoke NATO response, Putin is way too experienced and smart to fall for such a ploy. Erdogan is alone and is losing in Syria.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:07 pm

Vann7 wrote:and some good news..

Russo-Syrian Forces Close to Cutting Off ISIL's Supply Routes From Turkey.

http://sputniknews.com/politics/20151124/1030688092/russia-syria-military-close-to-cutting-off-isil-supply-routes.html

This is probably the real reason Turkey is now trying to provoke Russia into a war..

Been meaning to suggest this but you also provided article. thumbsup

Clearly jihadists in Syria are closer to collapse that we thought hence the Turks going full little bitch.

Clear out Syria from scum, incinerate Turkmen lowlifes as a warning and, at some point, make Turks bleed hard.

Whatever it is that Russia is doing to terrorists seems to be working if Sultan Retard is so desperate, so keep it up.

Thanksgiving is approaching (to the best of my knowledge) and it's time to roast some Turkey... Twisted Evil
    ult

Post  ult Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:08 pm

Khepesh
    Khepesh

Post  Khepesh Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:08 pm

Excuse another historical interjection but in my opinion it became relevant again. It is the song of Life-Guard Pavlovski Regiment, "In the year 77" composed about the siege of Plevna in 1877, the major battle against the Turks in that war, and despite eventual success can be seen as "unfinished business". It is about crushing the Turks and their commander Osman Pasha.

Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:10 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Godric wrote:
    PapaDragon wrote:
    zorobabel wrote:Turkey has announced they will soon establish their buffer zone in northern Syria. It's so sad to see Russia getting knocked around by a thug like Erdogan. Not much of a response yet.

And get incinerated like cockroaches that they are?

If turks had balls to do anything along those lines they would have done it by now and they would not be waiting in ambush for weeks trying to shoot down a passing strike plane and then immediately run off  to their pimp in Brussels/DC for protection.

The Serbs know a thing or 2 on how to remove the kebabs ... no wonder Serbs hate them

When you build towers made of human skulls (literally https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_Tower)  you kinda get a reputation for being a shitty imperial master...

Well, after a point you get tired of saying "I told you so..."

reminds me of Cambodia and the Khmer Rouge they did something similar and they were backward bastards just like the kebabs

Post  Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:13 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:
    You want to bet? Turkey has long been a liability rather than an ally for NATO, just now the US told Turkey they are on their own. If they try scrambling their jets again even in their own territory they will now be considered a threat. If Turkey does not try anything now, they will pay for it every soon. I hope Russia arms the Kurds enough for them to start a Chechnya type war against Ergodan. Hopefully the Kurds now will do what the Turkish backed militants did in Russia all those years ago (i.e. Apartment bombings and such).
    arpakola
    arpakola

Post  arpakola Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 26 Siria%2Bincidente%2Bruso-turco%2B24-11-2015%2B5
    The Russian version of the Russian-Turkish incident http://charly015.blogspot.gr/
    Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 26 Siria%2Bincidente%2Bruso-turco%2B24-11-2015%2B6
    The Russian version is that its aircraft not entered Turkish airspace and shows this series of chart to display (in red the route of the Russian aircraft in Turkish blue and purple the Syrian-Turkish border) ...The Russians have a chart showing the path of their aircraft at no time violated Turkish airspace and shows the point of impact and the plane crash ...
    Unlike the present Turkish, the Russian radar recording ...It also indicates that a direct channel of communication between the Russian Defense Ministry and Turkish to start intervention to avoid these situations but the Turkish side has not used it opened.

https://youtu.be/KGlJFoIBKQw
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:32 pm

If anything, now the Russians should increase their flights close to the Turkish border. Bomb the living hell out of the areas held by rebels close to the border. Caspian Fleet should definitely be included in this and cruise missile the shit out of any fuel convoys going to Turkey. Does the Black Sea Fleet have ships with cruise missiles? If it does, these ships should be parked right outside of Istanbul or somewhere near the Bosphorus and conduct several launches over the Turkish territory, preferably over Ankara, to strike targets in Syria. If this doesn't send a clear message then I don't know what else does.
    calripson

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 26 Empty Next Step

Post  calripson Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:33 pm

It was very predictable that Turkey would be used as the proxy to attack Russian assets. Pakistan played the same role 30 years ago in Afghanistan without repercussion. Many voices in the US including Brezinski have been calling for using military force to oppose Russia in Syria and the "West" always prefers do act by proxy to minimize the direct cost to themselves and to maximize deniability. One should think ahead to the next step. Turkey controls the Bosphorus Straits. A Russian reaction will be met by closing those straits - cutting off the resupply via the Mediterranean to Syria. NATO naval and air forces will be brought in to protect Turkey. Russia's optional resupply is via the Caspian through Iran. Hence, the NATO feelers to Turkmenistan.
    Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:37 pm

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 26 FMnwD8l--nA
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:42 pm

The MoD is saying that Turkey made no attempt to contact the Su-24.

Kadmos45
    Kadmos45

Post  Kadmos45 Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:47 pm

Karl Haushofer wrote:

Noone cares about turkey in the West  , the only guys who care about turkey are deutschland turkeys but fortunately nobody cares about them.

Even Natonazi Stoltenberg said today that erdofag has to eats his shyt alone.
    OminousSpudd
    OminousSpudd

Post  OminousSpudd Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:48 pm

Solncepek wrote:Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 26 FMnwD8l--nA
    Translation?

After having slept on this, (barely) I think the most important step here is to take it carefully, but act decisively. I think it would be silly to assume Russia didn't already have a contingency plan in place for an event like this. Given how carefully that Su-24 was avoiding the Turkish border, they might of known that Turkey was getting antsy.
    VBCI
    VBCI

Post  VBCI Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:50 pm

You think NATO will retaliate if Russia attacks Turkey ?
    Nobody wants to fight for Turkey,they put themselves in problems,and if someone has to pay,it'll be them. No way we will fight for that country,they are the most useless NATO country we have. Even Estonia seems more relevant.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:53 pm

PapaDragon wrote:When you build towers made of human skulls (literally https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_Tower)  you kinda get a reputation for being a shitty imperial master...

Well, after a point you get tired of saying "I told you so..."

And in Chios island, they massacred 75% of the population killed, enslaved or died of disease
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chios_massacre

Russian military intervention and aid to Syria #5 - Page 26 Mmbyc5
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:58 pm

VBCI wrote:You think NATO will retaliate if Russia attacks Turkey ?
    Nobody wants to fight for Turkey,they put themselves in problems,and if someone has to pay,it'll be them. No way we will fight for that country,they are the most useless NATO country we have. Even Estonia seems more relevant.

That's what's making me uneasy.

This incident may or may not pass with direct retribution, but from now on any Turkish aircraft operating near Russian aircraft will be considered potential targets. On top of that, NATO isn't letting erdogan hide behind their skirts this time around.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:34 pm