Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Syrian War: News #18

    Share
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 12360
    Points : 12839
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  George1 on Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:06 pm

    Eighteen Syrian troops killed in shelling by militants in Latakia region

    More:
    http://tass.com/politics/1031336
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  JohninMK on Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:12 pm

    Tsavo Lion wrote:The Pentagon is preparing a new attack on Syria[?]

    Yandex translate.

    The strike group of the US Navy led by the nuclear aircraft carrier "Harry Truman", passing in the evening of November 15, the Strait of Gibraltar, entered the Mediterranean sea. This was reported today by Interfax with reference to the data of the Automatic identification system of movement of ships (AIS).

    The group follows in the direction of the Eastern Mediterranean, where in the spring of 2018, its carrier-based aircraft struck targets in Syria. Then it was originally planned to hit the government facilities in Syria, but in the end the aircraft from this aircraft carrier attacked the terrorists of the "Islamic state" (banned in Russia) in Syria as part of the operation "Unwavering determination".

    Before that, the aircraft carrier was on a four-day visit to Lisbon, which was timed to the anniversary of the end of the First world war. Before that, the aircraft carrier group participated in the NATO exercises "United Trident – 2018", but left them ahead of time due to bad weather conditions.

    On Board the "Harry Truman" deployed 90 aircraft and helicopters, and accompanied by an aircraft carrier missile cruiser and four destroyers. In total, they can carry more than two hundred Tomahawk cruise missiles. Recall that in the last attack on the Syrian government positions were involved about a hundred "Tomahawks".

    It remains only to find out what goals the Pentagon will choose in Syria. There are, of course, only two options – the positions of the Islamic state militants or government and military facilities (as it was on April 14 this year). However, the first option may be a problem after Russia has supplied the Syrian army anti-aircraft missile systems S-300 (and there is a suspicion that it is the Russian military these systems are now serving).
    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  JohninMK on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:49 am


    SyriaYemenMaps
    ‏ @MapsSyria
    Nov 25

    #DeirEzzor/#Hasaka:

    Coalition troops are leaving Tanak oilfields for the Omar oilfields because of enclosed danger from the IS militants after they captured positions south of Tanak and north of Bahra and Hajin desert.

    SyriaYemenMaps
    ‏ @MapsSyria
    Nov 25

    #Hajin/#Bahra:

    Islamic State managed yesterday when they temporary controlled Al-Bahra town to free high profile #IS commanders from the #SDF prison inside the town.

    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 1147
    Points : 1145
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:27 pm

    Large Scale forces for the SAA are arriving at Idlib, under orders to prepare for the "New Operation" possible battle of Idlib about to start.

    I cannot see Russia letting Assad do this right now, it's a bad time for them. Not that there will ever be a good time.

    Unless Putin is waiting to finish the meeting with Trump and depending on how that goes give the Signal.

    Troop deployments include the 4th Division and the 5th corps. If those forces are heading there under orders to prepare for an Operation that is pretty telling.

    There also has been constant arty fire for the past week that's a pretty clear sign they are getting ready.
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7346
    Points : 7440
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:24 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:...........
    I cannot see Russia letting Assad do this right now, it's a bad time for them. Not that there will ever be a good time.

    Unless Putin is waiting to finish the meeting with Trump and depending on how that goes give the Signal.
    ............

    Already sorted out:


    Ukraine-Russia sea clash: Trump cancels Putin talks

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46386160



    But I am 100% certain that real cause is this, not Azov stuff:

    Michael Cohen pleads guilty to lying to Congress over Trump project in Russia

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/29/michael-cohen-plead-guilty-congress-lying-mueller-investigation
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 2489
    Points : 2483
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  Isos on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:16 pm


    ELINT News
    ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    #BREAKING: Multiple aerial targets currently being engaged by Syrian Air Defence Forces in the skies of southern Damascus, explosions heard
    avatar
    SeigSoloyvov

    Posts : 1147
    Points : 1145
    Join date : 2016-04-08

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  SeigSoloyvov on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:27 pm

    Welp looks like the cat is out of the bag, Remember when in the Ukraine thread I said "Military reasons"

    Syria is what the Military reasons are about. A shame no one got it!.

    I tried to give the hint.

    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

    Posts : 34
    Points : 36
    Join date : 2016-01-20

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:04 pm

    Isos wrote:
    ELINT News
    ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    #BREAKING: Multiple aerial targets currently being engaged by Syrian Air Defence Forces in the skies of southern Damascus, explosions heard
    That's just a huge attack.
    Probably shot down an IDF jet

    https://twitter.com/elintnews
    https://twitter.com/leithfadel
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 2489
    Points : 2483
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  Isos on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:05 pm

    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    ELINT News
    ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    #BREAKING: Multiple aerial targets currently being engaged by Syrian Air Defence Forces in the skies of southern Damascus, explosions heard
    That's just a huge attack.
    Probably shot down an IDF jet

    https://twitter.com/elintnews
    https://twitter.com/leithfadel

    Stand off missiles were used. No jets entered syrian airspace.

    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

    Posts : 34
    Points : 36
    Join date : 2016-01-20

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:13 pm

    Isos wrote:
    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E wrote:
    Isos wrote:
    ELINT News
    ELINT News
    @ELINTNews
    #BREAKING: Multiple aerial targets currently being engaged by Syrian Air Defence Forces in the skies of southern Damascus, explosions heard
    That's just a huge attack.
    Probably shot down an IDF jet

    https://twitter.com/elintnews
    https://twitter.com/leithfadel

    Stand off missiles were used. No jets entered syrian airspace.
    Update8: I can confirm that the S-300 didn't launch any missile during the engagement over southern Damascus.
    https://twitter.com/WithinSyriaBlog
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 3076
    Points : 3108
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  franco on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:15 pm

    Don't believe the S300's are operational yet...thought it was going to take 60-90 days to get the Syrian crews trained.

    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

    Posts : 34
    Points : 36
    Join date : 2016-01-20

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:42 pm

    Reaction of Russia? zero
    Reaction S-300? zero
    Syria? TorM1 / 2? not in house

    Israel may continue to destroy allies.
    avatar
    Isos

    Posts : 2489
    Points : 2483
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  Isos on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:52 pm

    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E wrote:Reaction of Russia? zero
    Reaction S-300? zero
    Syria? TorM1 / 2? not in house

    Israel may continue to destroy allies.

    There is no report of israeli missiles hitting anything so ...

    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

    Posts : 34
    Points : 36
    Join date : 2016-01-20

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E on Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:00 pm

    Isos wrote:
    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E wrote:Reaction of Russia? zero
    Reaction S-300? zero
    Syria? TorM1 / 2? not in house

    Israel may continue to destroy allies.

    There is no report of israeli missiles hitting anything so ...
    Tonights target locations:
    HQ of the 121th brigade
    HQ of the 72th brigade
    Depot of medium-range missiles
    Iranian bases in the Zabadani region
    Iranian positions in the area of ​​Alkaswa
    Hezbollah positions in #Daraa CS
    Hezbollah positions in #Quneitra CS
    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7346
    Points : 7440
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  PapaDragon on Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:42 pm


    Who operates HQ of the 121th brigade , HQ of the 72th brigade and depot of medium-range missiles?

    Are Iranians stationed there?

    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

    Posts : 34
    Points : 36
    Join date : 2016-01-20

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:10 am

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1068278217251962880
    Buk-M2E Pantsir S1/2 In action tonight in south #Syria And a hit
    avatar
    dino00

    Posts : 362
    Points : 407
    Join date : 2012-10-12
    Location : portugal

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  dino00 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:21 am

    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E wrote:https://twitter.com/i/status/1068278217251962880
    Buk-M2E Pantsir S1/2 In action tonight in south #Syria And a hit

    If its realy in SYRIA best vídeo of sam vs missiles atack

    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

    Posts : 34
    Points : 36
    Join date : 2016-01-20

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:59 am

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1068305910399987712
    This video shows Pantsir-S1 or S2 of #Syrian Arab Air Defense Force scoring at-least 3 kills on Delilah cruise missiles of #Israel Air Force over Al-Kiswah near #Damascus using 57E6 and 57E6-E missiles and firing constantly their 2A38M 30mm autocannons two hours ago.

    Vann7

    Posts : 3919
    Points : 4023
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  Vann7 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:37 am

    Israeli cruise missile parts care of the Syrian Arab Army Air Defence Forces turning it into expensive scrap #Syria #Syrianarmy








    Indeed there was a small battle.. seems Syria managed to defend from all attacks..
    the only question still around is whether the claims an Israel plane was shot down or not
    are correct. maybe it was a missile and they confused it with a plane.. in any case
    if there was a plane they will have shown it.. unless in crashed away of Syrian borders//
    avatar
    Stealthflanker

    Posts : 872
    Points : 952
    Join date : 2009-08-04
    Age : 30
    Location : Indonesia

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  Stealthflanker on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:44 am

    Vann7 wrote:Israeli cruise missile parts care of the Syrian Arab Army Air Defence Forces turning it into expensive scrap #Syria #Syrianarmy






    /
    That's remnants of Pantsyr booster.

    avatar
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 7346
    Points : 7440
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  PapaDragon on Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:57 pm

    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Welp looks like the cat is out of the bag, Remember when in the Ukraine thread I said "Military reasons"

    Syria is what the Military reasons are about. A shame no one got it!.

    I tried to give the hint.

    Okay Seig, are you trying to tell me that all that circus at Kerch bridge was diversion so Israel could launch couple of missiles at low priority targets (Iran) in Syria?

    An not even go with aircraft to get PR points over Russian AA systems? Plus some nonsense over INF?

    It kinda looks like too much hassle over nothing.

    And am I only one here who thinks that INF treaty is BS waste of time designed for nothing more than to keep Eurotrash from getting roasted as warning shot in nuclear war?

    They should be meatshield number 1, not some precious snowflakes.

    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:52 am

    Looks like that IAF strike could have been an operation to allow a bit of data gathering by these vultures.

    During d evening they were off the coast of #Lebanon & #Syria, a #Israel|i Nahshon plane, #NATO Boeing E-3A & an #US Poseidon P-8A absorbed all the #SAA & #Russian anti-aircraft batteries, including the S-400 batteries, thus mapping the map of threats in the most up-to-date area


    avatar
    JohninMK

    Posts : 6206
    Points : 6271
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  JohninMK on Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:57 am



    LuftwaffeAS
    ‏ @LuftwaffeAS
    Nov 28

    Very interesting video shared by @MathieuMorant taken at the T4 AB shows the SyAAF 3512 Su-24M2 taxiing after landing.
    The more interesting is to see a SyAAF MiG-25RB parking at the test plot infront of the maintenance hangars!!!
    Is SyAAF maintaining its Foxbats?!!?



    Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E

    Posts : 34
    Points : 36
    Join date : 2016-01-20

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E on Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:07 am

    JohninMK wrote:Looks like that IAF strike could have been an operation to allow a bit of data gathering by these vultures.

    During d evening they were off the coast of #Lebanon & #Syria, a #Israel|i Nahshon plane, #NATO Boeing E-3A & an #US Poseidon P-8A absorbed all the #SAA & #Russian anti-aircraft batteries, including the S-400 batteries, thus mapping the map of threats in the most up-to-date area



    Looks like. Had been deliberately flown with slow strike weapons to see if Poliana-D4M1 is active and where exactly which systems are now and who instructs them.

    PS: Syria Mig-25 all aktiv

    Vann7

    Posts : 3919
    Points : 4023
    Join date : 2012-05-16

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  Vann7 on Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:10 pm

    There is a war already ,an Undeclared war on Russia and Syria  ,by US ,UK and Israel..

    look at that map , is a coordinated intelligence operation between them on Russia military and its hardware.

    And all this actions of them ,are just preparations to enhance the efficiency of future attacks

    not against ISIS but against Russia and Syria.

    Hopefully Putin will get his shit together , and get the message that Russia and US +Israel + UK are at war already..

    just not openly declared and have a plan for countering this..

    Jamming US and Israel warplanes ,blocking their signals should be mandatory .

    But at same time without revealing information of Russia air defenses and counter electronics capabilities.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Syrian War: News #18

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:52 am