Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+13
LMFS
franco
sundoesntrise
Mir
miketheterrible
higurashihougi
andalusia
Cowboy's daughter
DerWolf
kvs
GarryB
Walther von Oldenburg
nomadski
17 posters

Agriculture and Industry killing us

andalusia

Agriculture and Industry killing us  - Page 8 Empty Re: Agriculture and Industry killing us

Post  andalusia Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:22 am

kvs wrote:

Enjoy your parasites via the politically correct transition to insects for food.

I think their are health benefits to eating insects; one can still enjoy fruits, vegetables and meat and still eat insects.  I don't know if I would like it but insects have vitamins and minerals that are healthy.

https://drhealthbenefits.com/food-bevarages/meats/health-benefits-of-eating-insects

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/311139#Eating-bugs-could-combat-obesity

https://www.insectgourmet.com/why-eat-insects/
    andalusia

Agriculture and Industry killing us  - Page 8 Empty Re: Agriculture and Industry killing us

Post  andalusia Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:39 pm

I want to know how are school lunches in other countries and are they as bad as the US? It is a dirty shame that the US wastes money on military bases and other things but don't have the money for school lunches.

https://www.publicschoolreview.com/blog/why-fast-food-is-healthier-than-school-lunches-the-shocking-usda-truth

kvs likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:21 am

Jamie Oliver is a Brit that did a TV show about UK school lunches and showed that healthy food can be popular with kids and affordable too.

Never had lunch provided at school myself, we had a school shop where you could buy food but most just took their own lunches with them or went home for lunch.

kvs likes this post

LMFS
    LMFS

Post  LMFS Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:31 pm

andalusia wrote:
    I think their are health benefits to eating insects; one can still enjoy fruits, vegetables and meat and still eat insects.  I don't know if I would like it but insects have vitamins and minerals that are healthy.

https://drhealthbenefits.com/food-bevarages/meats/health-benefits-of-eating-insects

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/311139#Eating-bugs-could-combat-obesity

https://www.insectgourmet.com/why-eat-insects/

You are basically buying the dummy. When you see plutocrats eating them, you will know they are that good. By now they tell us to vaccine, eat synthetic crap, turn off the heating, share an apartment with 15 Afghan immigrants and ride a bicycle that we don't own to work as uber cattle, while they fly their private jets everywhere, hoard farmland and live like kings. They can go fvck themselves with their intelligence insulting propaganda

markgreven and kvs like this post

andalusia dislikes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:28 pm

It is clear that we are getting a neo-feudalist makeover. The rich have decided that they were too poor under the existing
    "democratic" order and also felt insecure in their power. So they have been dumbing down the education system and turning
    the masses into sheeple serfs. If you are uneducated and ignorant, you are easier to control and that has been proven by
    centuries of feudalism. A similar rot-driven coup of the elite occurred in the USSR which is why it was destroyed from the inside
    and not by Reagan and his Mickey Mouse Star Wars program.

It is very important to understand that the elites are mentally damaged. They believe that they are special and entitled to
    all the power and wealth. This is exactly the mentality of the feudal lords and aristocracy in the past. The middle class
    is already disappearing. The economy will revert to 0.1% rich and 99.9% poor as it was for most of agrarian history. The
    people who expect society to evolve to a Star Trek utopia are childishly delusional. We will revert to poverty and stagnation.

I do not buy the techno-utopia fantasies. Turning 99.9% of the population into uneducated paupers is not going to maintain
    a technological and scientific civilization. Perhaps the 0.1% think that they will pull this off, but how many of them have
    PhDs in science and engineering? I would say next to zero and aristocrats do not like to get their hands dirty. The names
    of many math theorems and techniques from the early 1800s and before are those of the rich patrons who hired mathematicians.
    We do not know the names of these mathematicians.

The existence of scientists and mathematicians in the 1700s does not disprove my claim. The Renaissance was a transient
    historical event that led to the industrial revolution and economic development. But we are now in an anti-Renaissance
    where we are falling back into the feudal stagnation point. There is no law of nature that gives us secular progression to
    ideal utopia.

Werewolf and LMFS like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:40 pm

Eat shit and be happy.

LMFS likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:57 pm

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-38461-y

Note the U-curve dependence of heart disease risk and total cholesterol (figure 2).   If the clown-world theory that LDL causes atherosclerotic
    plaques had any validity such curves would not be possible.   The more LDL, the more risk.   But in reality the risk drops for middle range numbers (200-240)
    that are claimed to be high by the lunatics running the medical establishment asylum.   This is because LDL and cholesterol are actually defense functions
    of the metabolism.   LDL is used to deliver cholesterol to damaged tissues and also counteracts the action of certain bacteria that are found
    in all humans.   So we see the action of cholesterol in the U-curve graphs.  

The increase in risk for high values is related to a pathological regime where there is clearly some sort of tissue damage.  LDL concentrations and
    cholesterol amounts are not determined directly by diet.   Over 80% of both is manufactured by the liver.   High amounts have a cause and cannot
    be treated without consideration of this cause.   But that is exactly what clown-world "doctors" do.  If you have a finger ache, lop-off the finger.

Also, it is clear from these U-curve graphs that there is more risk for low LDL and cholesterol concentrations than for high ones.   This is fully consistent
    with the function of cholesterol for fighting against disease and other damage.   Having too little is really bad.   But the clown-world "doctors" want you
    to get on a statin to "save you".

LMFS likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:32 am

Those not wanting to eat bugs... too late.

Bugs have been used in food colouring for a few centuries now...

andalusia likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:29 pm

GarryB wrote:Those not wanting to eat bugs... too late.

Bugs have been used in food colouring for a few centuries now...

That's fine but the issue is forced feeding with animal meat replaced by bug protein. There are serious issues with using bugs
    as a food source that are not rendered irrelevant because some components of bugs have been used for a long time. Seems
    as if insect consumption is common in the far east.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15563650.2017.1349320

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:59 am

Lots of places in Asia rather large insects are cooked and eaten like western kids each chips... they are crunchy but not full of fat or sugar...

I have seen Bear Grylls eat all sorts of crap but I think sometimes he goes to far.

Survival is important but you have to use common sense... any protein or goodness you get out of eating some fat spider raw is totally lost when you throw up and lose all that fluid and semi digested food in your stomach...

Most fat westerners would just need water supplies to survive for quite a long time in the wild... trying to eat weird shit would just make them sick.

BTW if you think eating insects is weird watch a documentary about what goes in to chicken nuggets... you might think eating a grass hopper might not be so bad.

Local Maori used to eat the larvae of the Huhu beetle... most people who try it say it tastes a little like peanut butter, but it just looks like a giant maggot.

andalusia likes this post

andalusia

Post  andalusia Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:37 am

GarryB wrote:Lots of places in Asia rather large insects are cooked and eaten like western kids each chips... they are crunchy but not full of fat or sugar...

I have seen Bear Grylls eat all sorts of crap but I think sometimes he goes to far.

Survival is important but you have to use common sense... any protein or goodness you get out of eating some fat spider raw is totally lost when you throw up and lose all that fluid and semi digested food in your stomach...

Most fat westerners would just need water supplies to survive for quite a long time in the wild... trying to eat weird shit would just make them sick.

BTW if you think eating insects is weird watch a documentary about what goes in to chicken nuggets... you might think eating a grass hopper might not be so bad.

Local Maori used to eat the larvae of the Huhu beetle... most people who try it say it tastes a little like peanut butter, but it just looks like a giant maggot.

I find it laughable that some people are willing to criticize insect consumption by foreigners but the general Western/American food lifestyle is very toxic to the human body.  Just look through some of these articles. McDonald’s chicken nuggets contain 40 different ingredients including dextrose - a sugar also used by shoe makers.  

https://thewest.com.au/lifestyle/food/whats-really-inside-a-store-bought-chicken-nugget-ng-5d00bfaee3f2f6610f13aed34bcc1b02

https://www.healthline.com/health/fast-food-effects-on-body

Many Americans eat shrimp, crab, and lobster which are basically the insects of the sea, they are called crustaceans.  A quote from the quora site: "When you consider that people who delight in seafood, and especially crustaceans, are really eating the marine equivalent of roaches, it’s pretty unsavoury. I doubt knowing that will dissuade shrimp-lovers from their feasting, though. People have a bottomless capacity to rationalize away things when it comes time to eat something they like the taste of."

https://www.quora.com/Are-shrimps-and-lobsters-insects

I have never eaten insects however, it seems like they are healthier than traditional fast food and soft drinks which the latter contain a lot of sugar which have been linked to obesity, kidney damage, and certain cancers. Regular soft drinks have been linked to elevated blood pressure.

https://www.heart.org/en/news/2021/10/22/eating-the-right-insects-can-provide-nutrition-and-might-be-good-for-the-planet

https://www.insectgourmet.com/health-benefits-from-eating-insects/

GarryB likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:27 pm

Nobody with a brain would defend the processed garbage called food that is common not just in the west but around the world.
    But the claim that all insects are the same is BS. If they were such a great source of food for humans, then we would have been
    eating them for millions of years. That some insects are edible (to some extent) does not make all insects a great source of food.
    People who want the same corporations that feed them processed shit to now start feeding them insects are detached from reality.

The push to feed insects to the masses comes from rotten politics and social engineers. Bend over proles and take it with a smile.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:07 am

I have never eaten insects however, it seems like they are healthier than traditional fast food and soft drinks which the latter contain a lot of sugar which have been linked to obesity, kidney damage, and certain cancers.

Have you ever eaten the red M&Ms? Or any red coloured lollies? ( I believe you call them candy).

Why you may have been eating insects your whole life

Published

28 April 2018

By Helen Soteriou and Will Smale
    Business reporters, BBC News

If you are horrified by the thought of eating insects, the bad news is that you have probably done so many, many times.

This is because one of the most widely used red food colourings - carmine - is made from crushed up bugs.

The insects used to make carmine are called cochineal, and are native to Latin America where they live on cacti.

Now farmed mainly in Peru, millions of the tiny insects are harvested every year to produce the colouring.

A staple of the global food industry, carmine is added to everything from yoghurts and ice creams, to fruit pies, soft drinks, cupcakes and donuts.

It is also used extensively in the cosmetics industry and is found in many lipsticks.
    <snip>

Full article: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-43786055

People who want the same corporations that feed them processed shit to now start feeding them insects are detached from reality.

It is not a question of want... I didn't want food companies to do what they do now but they did it anyway... are doing it now anyway.

When caught and exposed we get ethical coffee beans and free range eggs and free range chickens and pigs, but unethical coffee and battery eggs and battery hens etc still sells very well and very widely because most people could care less about anything but the price.

To the extent that the chemicals they put in pork to make it look appealing is probably killing us too... but when they don't put it in we don't buy it.

Bend over proles and take it with a smile.

Why do you thing people will stop now? cry
    zepia
    zepia

Post  zepia Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:18 am

In Thailand we have insect as part of traditional dishes for so long. Especially in the north and northeast.
    But it actually became mainstream only in '80s when the locust plague arrived (region-wide though)
    and people found out that deep fried locust taste good.

There is a myth about locust plague in Thailand has been solved because people literally ate them out.

Residual chemical is depend on farming method and also farmer ethic.
    Farming standardization, regular inspection for food safety or organic farming method could solve that but also adding cost.
    The same is apply to other food industries.

Personally I'm not oppose the idea of insect as a protein source, but still wonder if it is really more efficient to farm
    (in industrial scale) than other protein source.

GarryB and kvs like this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:50 am

We are cattle to the ruling elites. This is clear from "medicine" has been increasingly apparent from "food".

I am sure that none of the elites will be eating the shit they feed the masses.

I want to see detailed statistics on myocarditis cases in the decider class after they allegedly took their mandated
    vaccines. I suspect that they took saline shots for the cameras and did not actually expose themselves to the
    engineered allergen covid spike protein.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:02 pm

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:23 pm

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:48 pm

You will eat shit and you will like it!

LMFS likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:48 pm

They are directly modifying animals today, they will be modifying you tomorrow. For your own good, of course.

LMFS likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:02 pm

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:23 pm

Stuff yourself full of processed trash to maximize their profits.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:05 pm

B1 (thiamine) is essential for nerve function. So guzzling carbs (sugar, starches) f*cks up your nerve health. An effective treatment
    for Parkinson's symptoms (not a cure) is "high dose" vitamin B1 administration. But this therapy is not widely spread because it does not
    involve a pharmaceutical and does not make some corporation profits.

LMFS likes this post

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:11 am

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:45 pm

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:28 am

Chinese consumer garbage is definitely killing people.

lancelot likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:31 am