Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+59
Aristide
chinggis
Azi
topor
ZoA
dino00
flamming_python
Firebird
Arrow
Regular
lulldapull
Austin
medo
VARGR198
lycantrop
GarryB
Cyberspec
GunshipDemocracy
Vann7
par far
kvs
Odin of Ossetia
KiloGolf
onwiththewar
Big_Gazza
AbdulhamidtheSecond
Skandalwitwe
KomissarBojanchev
Dima
Fred333
Givi
0nillie0
ultimatewarrior
Project Canada
Admin
Godric
mnztr
BKP
franco
auslander
Walther von Oldenburg
Hannibal Barca
SeigSoloyvov
miketheterrible
crod
ATLASCUB
Airman
Kimppis
calm
George1
Isos
PapaDragon
nomadski
d_taddei2
TheArmenian
JohninMK
yavar
starman
eehnie
63 posters

Syrian War: News #17

lulldapull

Syrian War: News #17 - Page 32 Empty Re: Syrian War: News #17

Post  lulldapull Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:18 pm

Nomadski, if Iran falls, then the entire southern Russian flank from Caucasus to Turkmenistan gets destabilized overnight! Hordes of jihadists from the ME to Pakistan will swarm north, under the watchful eyes of the CIA. We all know this.

Only a shiite Iran prevents this from happening. Putin understands this.

nomadski wrote:@ lulldapull

Yes agree . The Russians are in need of Iran help , but they are cautious . They have had their hands burnt by eastern Europe turning against them and taking their technology . Russians fear that if  Iran has many Russian planes , or nukes that politics in Iran can change and they are then unable to reach Persian Gulf region in case of war . They are not wrong , politics in Iran is quite volatile .

To overcome this , any nukes owned by Iran can be kept in joint observation and control . So they can not be fired independently . Also the type of Iran  air power or fighters needs to be fixed , so they don't pose immediate threat to Russia . This can be done by joint agreement that disallows production of some components . Joint command of mixed fighting units can be done . Russian soldier in Iran , in permanent base . And Iran troops in Russia against NATO . Can be done .
    Airman
    Airman

Post  Airman Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:08 pm

"Get Ready Russia!" Trump Takes to Twitter to Threaten Strike on Syria

US President Donald Trump has addressed Russia, assuming that despite Moscow's promise to shoot down any missile fired at Syria, "nice and new and smart" attacks will take place in the war-torn country.

https://sputniknews.com/world/201804111063437051-trump-us-russia-syria/
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/984022625440747520
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Donald J. Trump
    ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!
    lulldapull

Post  lulldapull Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:29 pm

Iran and Russia hold a secret meeting today:

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13970122000301
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Austin wrote:
    Donald J. Trump
    ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia,  because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!

Trump is a retard. It is Trump's buddies the headchoppers that killed over 3200 hostages (mostly women and children they seized from
    pro-Assad areas) and used 70 of them for this transparent hoax. As noted by others, if this was a chemical weapons attack, then the
    huge population density in Douma would result in thousands of deaths and not dozens:

https://twitter.com/RealJackTheBad/status/983013991046877184
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:01 pm

I suspect they would use EMP weapon to disable Russian AD systems thats my hunch when he says "new and smart"
    lycantrop

Post  lycantrop Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:13 pm

nomadski wrote:@ lulldapull

Yes agree . The Russians are in need of Iran help , but they are cautious . They have had their hands burnt by eastern Europe turning against them and taking their technology . Russians fear that if  Iran has many Russian planes , or nukes that politics in Iran can change and they are then unable to reach Persian Gulf region in case of war . They are not wrong , politics in Iran is quite volatile .

To overcome this , any nukes owned by Iran can be kept in joint observation and control . So they can not be fired independently . Also the type of Iran  air power or fighters needs to be fixed , so they don't pose immediate threat to Russia . This can be done by joint agreement that disallows production of some components . Joint command of mixed fighting units can be done . Russian soldier in Iran , in permanent base . And Iran troops in Russia against NATO . Can be done .

Dont forget one thing, it was Russia who backstabbed Iran several times in the recent time (voting with "yes" at UN Resolutions for more economic sanctions against iran, not delivering S-300 Systems for more than 10 years...)
    It was Putin + Medvedev who played along theyr "partners" in Washington hoping they get something in return.
    It was Putin who voted for UN Resolution for "Limited strikes against Lybya" because they "buddys" in Washington promised them that Russia will join G8 in return.
    How it ended? Destruction of Libya, murdering of Gaddafi and Russia got nothing in return, theyer western partners f...ed them over, again, like several times in history.
    But it was Libya where Putin FINALLY! woke up and FINALLY! realized that his western partners are not trustworthy.
    It is Iran who cant trust Russia to 100%, and they have every right to do so.
    The political situation changed rapidly, Crimea happened, Russia facing enormous eonomic sanctions, now they taste exactly what Iran is going throw since more thatn 40 years!
    Putin realized that it needs Iran! They both need each other in this geostrategic chessgame.
    There are rumors, last time Putin visited the Iran supreme leader, Putin words to Ali Chamene’i were -> I WILL NOT BETRAY YOU
    I hope now that this 2 nations, to survive and counter the evil Zionism, will cooperate now with more trust.
    Putin should give Iran some very sophisticated stuff (Missiles, AD Systems, EW-Systems, tanks, and the desperately needed Fighter jets Iran needs to modernize its outdated Air Force)
    I think behind curtains its already happening

Last edited by lycantrop on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lulldapull

Post  lulldapull Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:14 pm

The issue here really is that the US has been defeated in Syria by the Russo-Iranian axis.......carrying out these false flags and backing head choppers and terrorists is a defacto admission of defeat. No matter how big an attack these thugs in Washington mount on Syria, it won't change the direction of this war.

However what you say Austin makes sense........it is right along the line of belittling Russia and its defense products. If they inflict damage and embarrass Russia and Iran in Syria, this is the best they can achieve, because the head choppers have failed to perform, however it would only delay the inevitable, which is the total military and political defeat of the West in Syria and Iraq.

I won't be surprised if the West uses some new undisclosed weapons and technology, and equally true for Russia. We might see the hypersonic missiles being used for the first time.

Austin wrote:I suspect they would use EMP weapon to disable Russian AD systems thats my hunch when he says "new and smart"

Last edited by lulldapull on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Austin

Post  Austin Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:18 pm

Yes twin goal of defeating Russian Modern AD system and Radar in Syria and hitting key strategic targets too , twin goal will be achieved if the strike is success.

This may turn out bad for Russia
    lulldapull

Post  lulldapull Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:24 pm

Correct, the reputations of the S-300/ 400/ Pantsir/ Tor/ a-50/ Su-30's and what not are all on the line! Along with multibillion dollar future contracts!

They know they have lost in Syria........this is just a vengeful parting shot......aimed at damaging Russian military reputation.

Austin wrote:Yes twin goal of defeating Russian Modern AD system and Radar in Syria and  hitting key strategic targets too , twin goal will be achieved if the strike is success.

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Austin wrote:Yes twin goal of defeating Russian Modern AD system and Radar in Syria and  hitting key strategic targets too , twin goal will be achieved if the strike is success.

Kalibr will go more easily through US defences of all their bases around the world than tomahawks through S-400 and pantsirs. The strick back of russia against USA will show how defenceless they are against PGM and cruise missiles.

The most probable target will be ABM sites in Europe which is Something a lot of generals wanted to strick since the begining. Now they will have a reason to do so.

They could also strick US pacific bases to put China in position of force.

They could also destroy SA oil field to put in danger European economy and make them dependent on Russian oïl and gaz.

Destroying one or two carrier will be catastrophic for USA. We know that there are russian subs in Syria so they could easily destroy the future carrier gong there. If kilo are there it's gonna be a fire work. They are very hard to hunt but US ships are easy targets for them.

There is far more US targets around the world unprotected than there is Russian's bases possible to Attack. Specially those GIs in the eastern europe will be dead meat if it goes hot.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:50 pm

What we can say is that western countries are big pussies. They need to be all togather to lunch smoe cruise missiles against a country not even protected and totally destroyed.
    lulldapull

Post  lulldapull Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:58 pm

This is desperation......when all else fails and you stand defeated in Syria, then you lash out uncontrollably like this idiot Trump.

Once Idlib and Derra fall to Assad, only the rump on the NE under the SDF remains in US hands, and Iran will manage that area very soon to kick out the last US troops from Syria.

Isos wrote:What we can say is that western countries are big pussies. They need to be all togather to lunch smoe cruise missiles against a country not even protected and totally destroyed.
    starman
    starman

Post  starman Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:19 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    It lost Serbia. It lost Iraq. Libya

Back in the '90s Russia wasn't in any great shape to do much. It had just lost the cold war and only recently has become assertive again.
    nomadski
    nomadski

Post  nomadski Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:31 pm

@ lulldapull

What I meant to say , is that all countries have shifting alliances . So military alliances can be effective but flexible . Allowing members to get on or off the bus . Turkey can hop on board , why not . Or leave . China can join in . To counter NATO . If done cleverly , then joined members can have benefits . Nuclear umbrella . Advanced gear . Trade .

Now someone said EMP ? Oh good , great . This means their planes won't be flying at the same time and their cruise missile has a battery for a warhead . We can put AD into Faraday cage and watch a movie !

Trump..........warned ...........pathetic ! Tell him I am gone fishing ....call me when the bombs have fallen .
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:32 pm

starman wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    It lost Serbia. It lost Iraq. Libya

Back in the '90s Russia wasn't in any great shape to do much. It had just lost the cold war and only recently has become assertive again.

Our genius president Medvedev sold out Libya in 2011 at the UN, in the hope of getting some brownie points from ze West.

Fast forward 7 years and now its us that are faced with airstrikes, over the latest faked humanitarian pretext.
    starman
    starman

Post  starman Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:44 pm

kvs wrote:
    Trump is a retard.   It is Trump's buddies the headchoppers that killed over 3200 hostages (mostly women and children....

Right, and if Trump is so concerned about the killing of civilians, why doesn't he launch Tomahawks at ISRAEL, which just killed a bunch of people in the Gaza strip?
    lulldapull

Post  lulldapull Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:45 pm

True.....I guess in Iran Russia case, both work very closely in Syria, however not much military transfers from Russia to Iran, which is a mystery. I don't know what the problems are, but it's been very quiet on a number of deals arms deals, most specifically the purchase of frigates, T-90's and of course the Su-27SM. No news now on this after 2 years. Must be a loose alliance between the two.

nomadski wrote:
    @ lulldapull

What I meant to say , is that all countries have shifting alliances . So military alliances can be effective but flexible . Allowing members to get on or off the bus . Turkey can hop on board , why not . Or leave . China can join in . To counter NATO . If  done cleverly , then joined members can have benefits . Nuclear umbrella . Advanced gear . Trade .

Now someone said EMP ? Oh good , great . This means their planes won't be flying at the same time and their cruise missile has a battery for a warhead . We can put AD into Faraday cage and watch a movie !

Trump..........warned ...........pathetic ! Tell him I am gone fishing ....call me when the bombs have fallen .
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:47 pm

starman wrote:
    kvs wrote:
    Trump is a retard.   It is Trump's buddies the headchoppers that killed over 3200 hostages (mostly women and children....

Right, and if Trump is so concerned about the killing of civilians, why doesn't he launch Tomahawks at ISRAEL, which just killed a bunch of them in the Gaza strip?

Trump decide nothing. It's all the generals around him who take decisions. He stupid and easy to influence.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:49 pm

lulldapull wrote:True.....I guess in Iran Russia case,  both work very closely in Syria, however not much military transfers from Russia to Iran, which is a mystery. I don't know what the problems are, but it's been very quiet on a number of deals arms deals, most specifically the purchase of frigates, T-90's and of course the Su-27SM. No news now on this after 2 years. Must be a loose alliance between the two.

nomadski wrote:
    @ lulldapull

What I meant to say , is that all countries have shifting alliances . So military alliances can be effective but flexible . Allowing members to get on or off the bus . Turkey can hop on board , why not . Or leave . China can join in . To counter NATO . If  done cleverly , then joined members can have benefits . Nuclear umbrella . Advanced gear . Trade .

The reason that Russia can't sell weapons to Iran is because Iran is under arms sanctions until 2020, everything has to go through UN until 2020.
    par far

Post  par far Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:50 pm

Isos wrote:
    starman wrote:
    kvs wrote:

Right, and if Trump is so concerned about the killing of civilians, why doesn't he launch Tomahawks at ISRAEL, which just killed a bunch of them in the Gaza strip?

Trump decide nothing. It's all the generals around him who take decisions. He stupid and easy to influence.

Very true, I don't think Trump runs his own twitter account, someone else is doing his for him.
    dino00
    dino00

Post  dino00 Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Austin wrote:I suspect they would use EMP weapon to disable Russian AD systems thats my hunch when he says "new and smart"

Austin what are you talking about?

Trump has no clue what the weapons are or what they can do...someone said "smart" and that´s enough for him, they will only attack Syrian targets, and we have to wait how bad in the end it will be, both for Syrians and the Americans...
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:47 pm

Syria has moved some planes probably mig-29s to Russian airbase.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:41 pm

IRAN is partly to blame for all this war in Syria.. people should not defend too much IRAN.
    They have been threatening Israel with being destroyed almost every one.. and encouraging
    Hezbolah to Strike Israel with IRANIAN weapons, that is to attack a nuclear power ,that is fully backed
    by the leader of NATO who have lots of nuclear weapons.. So this was insanity at best..

Even if what Israel is doing is Genocide and Terrorism ,and deserve to be nuked..
    IRAN by Attacking Israel through Hezbolah.. It made Syria a kill list target for Israel..
    So this was really bad strategy . Hezbolah achieved nothing by attacking Israel.. other than humiliate
    a revengeful nation that never forgets..

So IRAN took the decisions they took , taking advantage of how far is IRAN of ISRAEL .
    So IRAN put at Risk Syria ,did not took into account that israel will take revenge against
    lebanon and Syria.. and so this Syrian war one of the main objectives now of Israel ,is to block
    IRAN from Syria.. and to destroy Hezbolah.. So IRAN provoked this confronation between Israel and Syria.
    SInce also Syria provided anti tank missiles to hezbolah to fight israel. so they never forgot that..

In other words... Syria attacked by ISRAEL for its relation with IRAN.and Hezbolah .
    which are big enemies of ISRAEL... So what was IRAN thinking? Did they really measure the consequences
    of attacking israel with hezbolah ? (even if their hostilities were valid) What was IRAN thinking? That
    Israel will not seek revenge? This is the revenge of israel on IRAN.. is the destruction of syria..and then they will move
    to lebanon and then next to IRAN..

Russia Federation policies are also to blame in a smaller degree for not preventing this war. in Syria.
    Because Syria is also attacked by US for what? Because is a Russian close ally. So had Syria Assad had a different
    policy ,like the Submissed one of Jordan ,then none of this war will be happening at all.. Since US will see in Syria
    not an enemy.. but a client of their weapons.. as Jordan is.. and a parking lot for their combat planes...

This means that Russian policies in the world , did not took into account ,that the nations they encourage
    to become close allies of Russia ,will automatically be in the hit list of US.. Then Putin later wait 3 years to help
    Syria ,after it was being invaded by NATO backed terrorist.. So this is error after error after error..

This means that Russia needs to create policies ,allies ,that they can truly defend properly specially if they are located
    in Dangerous regions ,surrounded by Enemies.. and far away of Russia mainland. Russia for example , encourage Serbia to resist American empire..but if serbia is attacked again.. Russia will be in a very difficult strategic position
    to defend them.. again.. So Russian policies should be limited to create alliance near their borders.. otherwise
    it will put at risk the security of those nations.. because will become on the hit list of US.

So don't defend IRAN too much. the israel destructive role in Syria ,is pretty much , provoked by IRAN proxy war
    against Israel through Hezbolah.. Russia dependence on Oil ,and lack of allies in Europe is another part of the issue , but thats another story. So in summary Syria is attacked because is closely Allied with Russia and IRAN..nothing more and nothing less. So NATO targets Syria for its alliance with Russia..and Israel for its alliance with IRAN.. had Russia understood well the major conflict of interest there.. they will have warned Assad ,to make peace with israel and be realistic.. Independence is not free ,its incredibly expensive in this world.. and very few nations can truly afford it..
    and that not every nation can achieve it.. no matter how they want it.. For example Land locked nations , or nations surrounded by powerful enemies as Syria is ,can't be independent. Either will depend on US or Russia to exist. So all this wars in Syria and IRAQ could have been avoided.. im afraid that after Syria , Serbia will be next.. and Russia will have even major logistical issues to help them there.
    if Russia did things differently..
    lycantrop

Post  lycantrop Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:05 am

Vann7 wrote:

So don't defend IRAN too much. the israel destructive role in Syria ,is pretty much , provoked by IRAN proxy war

What an utter Bulls...sorry Vann7

Since Israels existence they made problems in middle east, before Iran "allegedly" called for Israels destruction.
    You heard about "Greater Israel"?
    Thats the Zionists ultimate endgame, google it, how big this "greater Israel" should be, which countrys would be destroyed/"cleaned" to create this state.
    You know what happened to Palestinians, what happened as the cancer cell called "ISS-RAEL" spreaded?
    Hezbollah was created as "self defence" against this psychopats, Iran is financing them and providing them weapons/ressources, and thats good!
    It keeps those psychopats in check.
    Saying this is all provoked by Iran is absolute nonsense

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:20 am