Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+26
Isos
flamming_python
Mir
ALAMO
immortal_sharpener
George1
kvs
jhelb
nomadski
The-thing-next-door
mnztr
Tsavo Lion
Hindu Warrior
franco
Project Canada
GarryB
Mike E
type055
magnumcromagnon
Viktor
sepheronx
TR1
Corrosion
Sujoy
chenzhao
ricky123
30 posters

Indo-China dispute

flamming_python
    flamming_python

Indo-China dispute  - Page 5 Empty Re: Indo-China dispute

Post  flamming_python Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:40 pm

GarryB wrote:Good... that means they are so afraid of it they are planning to attack them before they are launched rather than deal with them as they arrive on target.

Their obvious problem is that there is a first batch of 40 odd missiles but that will no doubt be followed up with purchases of larger batches so the ability to deal with them before they can be launched will only get harder.

Ironically designing a truck based launcher that stores the missiles in a standard shipping crate would mean every truck near the Chinese border carrying such a load on its back will make pre-emptive self defence impossible.

Of course not putting missiles along your border would go a long way to lowering tensions and keeping the peace... they are light and highly mobile so you could put them on a plane and fly them to the border easily and quickly enough without the tension created by basing them there in the first place.

The key to escalations is don't rush to ratchet up the pressure because it always just costs you more money in the long run.

I'm not sure peace is possible in the long-term

China is ratcheting up the pressure on India. Not even with this whole border-dispute thing, that is a sideshow

The real problem is their support of Pakistan and indirectly, the Taliban movement which can send Islamists into India. So China basically has India surrounded from both sides and this backs them into a corner. It's natural that they're going to want support from the US and to upgrade their air-force and everything else.

For peace China will have to take the initiative and offer some gestures of good-will. Then we can talk about a triumvirate of Russia-India-China for a multi-polar order in Eurasia, as per Primakov's ideas.

Sujoy and TMA1 like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:09 am

Chinese are suggesting that their S-400 missile batteries placed in Tibet will shoot down the BRAHMOs quite easily.

Why would you be launching Brahmos missiles into Tibet for?

Why is China being able to defend itself a threat to India?

I rather suspect India could build more Brahmos missiles than China has S-400 missiles so that sounds like a good way for India to get China to waste their S-400s in large numbers.

China is ratcheting up the pressure on India.

But are they though? China has had a good relationship with Pakistan, but so has the US in the recent past too... does that threaten India... does India see the US as a danger because they fund and support Pakistan?

The real problem is their support of Pakistan and indirectly, the Taliban movement which can send Islamists into India.

The core promoter and defender of Islamic nutters is Saudi Arabia and the US bends over backwards to defend them too, yet India is happy to ignore all that.... why?

If India picks the US as a buddy... ignoring all the bullshit and influence they use around the world to start or create unnecessary wars, including supporting ISIS and terrorists in Syria and Libya trying to overthrow governments the US does not approve of... how difficult is it to expect some time down the track India does something that annoys the US and they let the islamic dogs loose on India too?

China has no history of using the Taleban to attack anyone... the US uses islamic militants all through africa and the middle east and in Russia and China to destabilise governments they don't approve of... I would say if they can forgive the US then it would be much easier and simpler and more sensible to instead forgive China and completely bypass the whole new cold war and India China rivalry the US wants to create to weaken both parties...

Within 5 years India will be buying hand me down US ships and aircraft and other items because french and russian systems wont be compatible so they will be spending billions on US handme downs to create a navy for the express purpose of challenging China... and for what... to weaken China economically so the US can continue to dominate the region and the world...

It is a trap... and the US sailing into Indian waters and demanding they cancel their order for Su30MKI upgrades and S-400 purchases show they really don't give a shit about anyone but themselves and are the last group India should be allying with.

Broski likes this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:31 am

GarryB wrote:The core promoter and defender of Islamic nutters is Saudi Arabia and the US bends over backwards to defend them too, yet India is happy to ignore all that.... why?
    India is cognizant of the role being played by US and Saudi Arabia in nurturing Islamic terrorism. However, as flamming_python correctly pointed out Pakistan's role in promoting and exporting Islamic terrorists into India cannot be discounted.

GarryB wrote:I would say if they can forgive the US then it would be much easier and simpler and more sensible to instead forgive China.
    But as China proved last year they are willing to invade India at the request of the US.

GarryB wrote:Within 5 years India will be buying hand me down US ships and aircraft and other items because french and russian systems wont be compatible.
    I'm curious how did you arrive at this figure of 5 years? India has been purchaing Western military hardware even before India started to purchase similar hardware from the Soviet Union. The only difference is U.K has now been replaced by the U.S.

The recent purchase of the S-400 shows that despite competing offers from the U.S (PAC-3, THAAD), despite the threat of US sanctions, India still went for a Russian system. U.S sanctions hurts India far more than it hurts Russia because Russia primarily exports minerals and there are not too many alternatives to Russia. India primarily exports software, which is a very competitive market.  

Regardless of its relations with the US, India continues to purchase billions of $$ worth of weapons and oil & gas from Russia.

Broski likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Indo-China dispute  - Page 5 Empty Chinese military experts suggest that China can strike and destroy BRAHMOS

Post  GarryB Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:46 am

However, as flamming_python correctly pointed out Pakistan's role in promoting and exporting Islamic terrorists into India cannot be discounted.

So China is bad for supporting Pakistan because Pakistan is involve with islamic terrorists attacking India...

But the US is fine for also supporting Pakistan and Saudi Arabia who have already broken Syria and Libya by and Yemen funding islamic terrorists and also Afghanistan multiple times funding islamic nutters with the support of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

The US also politically and militarily supported chechen terrorists in Russia and is now planning to create a muslim nutter uprising in China.... but China is bad and the US is good.

The US has a proven record of dominating the entire planet and of using countries against each other to prevent some countries becoming too powerful that they might threaten Americas position as world dominance hegemony.... right now they are using the EU to limit and contain Russia and they are currently using Japan and South Korea and Australia and India against China in an effort to limit and contain China.

Do you not see part of the strategy is to damage their allies too?

The EU and India eventually could be just as big a threat to US rule as Russia or China so they are increasing energy costs for the EU and at the same time generating income for their own companies in the process BTW, while with India I am sure a massive naval expansion which will require India to buy a whole lot of old US Navy shit and some new expensive US Navy shit that they will obviously benefit from too... France loses a contract to sell conventional subs to Australia and the UK gains a contract that will likely cost Australia five or six times more than that for SSNs they don't even need... you can bet Australia will end up having to buy other stuff to keep those subs safe in foreign waters...

But it is up to India which direction to head... remember the US is using you and they know you are using them too but they will get your moneys worth... this is not their first rodeo. They didn't get rich and enormously powerful by accident... and certainly not because they are such nice guys.

andalusia and Broski like this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:44 am

I think it would be good for China to soften its stance towards India. I think there are ways of supporting Pakistan without causing further harm. Though I dont think China is supplying the very top notch to Pakistan. I think both sides need to come together. Sadly though I love my country, I would highly suggest foreign powers be wary of ingratiating themselves with America, as it comes with heavy prices. Our hard and soft power and the tools we have developed to enact it are inextricably linked to the ideology of the neolib and neocon hegemons. I would not trust any complex weaponry bought from America these days.

So I hope India can forge it's own path while they better relations with central and east asian nations.

GarryB, andalusia and Broski like this post

Hannibal Barca
    Hannibal Barca

Post  Hannibal Barca Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:58 am

India doesn't have a clear stance. They play without a plan as far as I am concerned.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:30 am

China has deployed long range HQ-9 SAM system close to the Indian border. In response India has deployed Smerch MLRS and BrahMos LACM.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:03 am

Sadly though I love my country, I would highly suggest foreign powers be wary of ingratiating themselves with America, as it comes with heavy prices. Our hard and soft power and the tools we have developed to enact it are inextricably linked to the ideology of the neolib and neocon hegemons. I would not trust any complex weaponry bought from America these days.

If there were more Americans like you then America might actually be the force for good your leadership pretends to be...

Money is power and way too much of both corrupts.... sadly Americas foreign policy reflects that... its seems to be more about wielding power or increasing wealth for a few already wealthy people at the expense of everything else...

China has deployed long range HQ-9 SAM system close to the Indian border. In response India has deployed Smerch MLRS and BrahMos LACM.

A circular game of mindless escalation that leads to immense waste and stress... all these systems are fully mobile and could be removed or brought back overnight... the actual significance is nothing except the response reduces trust and sets the ball rolling for more escalations and money spending on shit neither side really needs... there are other things both sides could be spending money on.

andalusia and TMA1 like this post

RTN
    RTN

Post  RTN Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:27 pm

GarryB wrote:A circular game of mindless escalation that leads to immense waste and stress... all these systems are fully mobile and could be removed or brought back overnight
    Mindless indeed....how is Smerch and Brahmos an answer to China's HQ-9 SAM?

China also has MLRS deployed and the HQ-9 will shoot down the Brahmos.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:57 am

India is cognizant of the role being played by US and Saudi Arabia in nurturing Islamic terrorism. However, as flamming_python correctly pointed out Pakistan's role in promoting and exporting Islamic terrorists into India cannot be discounted.

So what you are saying is that both are dirty bastards, but you are signing agreements and pacts with one while rejecting the other... sounds very short sighted to me.

If you think China is the enemy and you need big bad untrustworthy America to weaken China, then what you think you are doing the US is doing to you.

I'm curious how did you arrive at this figure of 5 years? India has been purchaing Western military hardware even before India started to purchase similar hardware from the Soviet Union. The only difference is U.K has now been replaced by the U.S.

The hard sell has not even started yet... soon they will be pointing to Chinas massive increase in military ship production and might even offer some of its old obsolete aircraft carriers... for which you will obviously have to buy US aircraft to operate from and then of course you will need a dozen expensive cruisers to defend your new old carrier and of course all the support ships you will need for your extended operations in the China sea defending US... oops.... our shared interests...

India primarily exports software, which is a very competitive market.

India has more to share than just software, and should be developing its own software rather than pandering to the US market making US software for them.

The point is that even if you succeed there is no room for India in the western world... just like there is no room for a powerful Russia or a powerful China... at some point using you as a weapon to damage China and Russia the US will decide India is too strong and needs to be stopped... or do you just expect to remain the same?

I think it would be good for China to soften its stance towards India. I think there are ways of supporting Pakistan without causing further harm. Though I dont think China is supplying the very top notch to Pakistan.

I think that is part of the problem in strategic thinking... I don't think China see their sales and trade with Pakistan as "supporting" them any differently than they might see all the western products made in China and sent to western countries means they are supporting the west.

America and the west like to use their money and military power as weapons, but sometimes selling something to a country is just selling them something... Pakistan buys Russian helicopters too.

Mindless indeed....how is Smerch and Brahmos an answer to China's HQ-9 SAM?

China also has MLRS deployed and the HQ-9 will shoot down the Brahmos.

Fire Smerch at the HQ-9 SAMs located near the border till they are running low on SAMs and then fire a few low flying Brahmos missiles to try to take out the launchers and radar and support vehicles... it depends if they deploy a token battery or if they deploy them properly...

But of course the reverse is true as well, China has a lot more money to piss away on weapons than India does... not that either country should do that.

I am glad both countries see they have so much money they can waste it on such things.

Werewolf and Broski like this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:30 pm

China has started to deploy S-400 across the border from India. This means Indian Air Force will not be able to operate their fighters from the forward bases.

sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:37 pm

Sujoy wrote:China has started to deploy S-400 across the border from India. This means Indian Air Force will not be able to operate their fighters from the forward bases.

Honestly, if India didn't play the game of sitting on two chairs, then Russia would have been less reliant on China and willing to just sell China advanced systems, or at least would have shown more preference to India.

India only has itself to blame really in all this mess.

Now it is up to India to try and negotiate with Russia for better weapons and countering those S-400's. Along with that, India needs to place the systems near the Chinese border, to attempt to force China to negotiations.

Werewolf and Broski like this post

Broski
    Broski

Post  Broski Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:15 pm

sepheronx wrote:India only has itself to blame really in all this mess.

Now it is up to India to try and negotiate with Russia for better weapons and countering those S-400's.  Along with that, India needs to place the systems near the Chinese border, to attempt to force China to negotiations.
    India has always been like that when it comes to Russian armaments, look at the FGFA (Indian Su-57) and how quick they were to abandon it when they realized that Russia had no plans to hand over the blueprints for peanuts (I think they paid $300M total into the project). Watch how fast India orders Su-57's after China buys a few squadrons.

sepheronx likes this post

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:18 am

sepheronx wrote:then Russia would have been less reliant on China and willing to just sell China advanced systems, or at least would have shown more preference to India.

With an economy 1/4th the size of China there is not much that India can offer to Russia. India can be held responsible for being an economic underachiever - a country that steadfastly refuses to develop but not for messing its relations with Russia.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:28 am

Sujoy wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:then Russia would have been less reliant on China and willing to just sell China advanced systems, or at least would have shown more preference to India.

With an economy 1/4th the size of China there is not much that India can offer to Russia. India can be held responsible for being an economic underachiever - a country that steadfastly refuses to develop but not for messing its relations with Russia.

See Broski's comment as he is on spot of the issues of Indian procurement.

I never said anything about what India can offer Russia.  China has very little to offer Russia besides general goods and used semiconductors or ones from banned companies as is.  Something you Indians need to acknowledge and stop making excuses for, is your governments lack of ability to stick to commitments and agreements or at least what they say they will do.  FGFA is a perfect example.  They figured they could try to strong arm Russia more out of them in intellectual property (much like what's happening with the wide body long range civil plane between Russia and China) and when they didn't get what they wanted in that regard, they went on a media tirade in trying to tarnish the image of the Su-57 by claiming all this stuff about lack of stealth and how Su-57 wouldn't exist without Indian funding (which was very very much less than what Russia put in) and what not even though India doesn't exactly have a history of aerospace development or engineering (especially compared to Russia).  Then they were quick to run to France to get the Rafale (not a bad plane by any means) but got ripped off very hard, where they would have actually gotten a better jet (Su-57) for probably a lower price than what India is getting from Rafale.

This is just one example.  Indians are good people.  But there is a general problem in your country and the first step towards recovery is admitting you got a problem.  What doesn't help is your media, some politicians and military personnel have is their ability to run their mouths when they shouldn't.  And judging by the fact that India is slowly falling apart with mess created thanks to such people (like that Mamata Banargee) or the protests in Punjab where Modi was threatened for his life so he had to flee, gives me indication that India has a major issue.

Economics have very little to do with it. It is entirely political and societal. Your people do not understand that stability political and socially is what eventually brings economic development. I can go further but it goes off topic. But these are the reasons why India is kind of a country not taken seriously. North Korea is viewed on a stronger case than India does yet its economy is a dwarf compared to India, and a population significantly smaller. Yet, NK is feared hence why no one actually goes directly to war with them while China and Pakistan have no problem trying to probe India.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:38 am

Modi is a bigger scumbag than Mamata Banerjee. Modi can quit if he is afraid of death threats. Every politician gets death threats that's why they move around with dozens of security personnel.

Modi is a CIA plant and he has completely destroyed the Indian economy. Every second contract is being awarded to his fellow Gujaratis. A community of lowlifes who previously bankrolled British rule in India and is now siphoning of billions of dollars of taxpayers money and escaping to London.

I do not think that anyone will do India a favor by killing Modi. Nor do I think that Modi will kick the bucket anytime soon because that would have saved India a lot of agony.

India will purchase Su-57 to replace Su-30MKI. Have repeated this ad nauseam.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:59 am

It is not about buying Russias love and attention... India has enormous potential and the US sees that... that is why they are trying to separate you from Russia and China (BRICS) and get you to escalate mindless hostilities with China so you weaken each other the way they broke the EU and tried to damage Russia very recently.

In a sense Russia probably didn't have much of a future with the EU because that relationship was never going to change to equals... there was never going to be any respect for Russia in those relationships.

Would say the same regarding India and Australia and the US and the UK... I mean look at the UKs history of doing shit to India and even America and also China but India wants to be on their team against China???

Britain didn't fix your problems or make you prosperous because that was never their intention and the US wont either.

The idea behind BRICS is helping each other develop and grow and not hold each other back.

The west would say that is not playing the game... screw the west.

Now it is up to India to try and negotiate with Russia for better weapons and countering those S-400's. Along with that, India needs to place the systems near the Chinese border, to attempt to force China to negotiations.

And if India moved a few ground units to a new location on the border with China... what would China do?

Getting better weapons from Russia or anywhere is not the solution because that is just escalation and China has the money to massively out capacity anyone... right now they are building more ships a year than the Royal Navy has in its entire fleet... and we can't be sure they are building them at full capacity yet either...

Buying new shiny weapons to put on the border only because China put some S-400s there would be stupid and short sighted.

If India wants to talk about the situation they should approach China and talk about it... actually be open and honest... I am sure they will appreciate it... if you think they are not being honest and open with you then talk about that... don't just assume and listen to the chinese whispers coming from the west to poison your mind against the Chinese.

They are your neighbours and are not going anywhere... even afull scale nuclear war would not kill all the Chinese or Indian people so you are going to remain neighbours for the forseeable future.

The UK and US and Australia can piss off home if things get to bloody or too radioactive... and don't fool yourself... they will.

China has very little to offer Russia besides general goods and used semiconductors or ones from banned companies as is.

China is a huge market for Russian clean green food exports with no GMOs and steriods and other BS the US uses... no wonder their kids don't know what gender they are... Equally China is a good market for Russian gas and oil and coal and other materials... they tend to want to make stuff themselves, but that might be OK for a few things anyway.

India is also a huge market for food and also to sell all sorts of other products... a lot of potential trade is ignored and not tried because there has been no history of it in the past.

Russia tended to look to the EU and US when there are other options.

China has enormous experience with electric and high speed trains but Russia was looking to Germany for projects in Russia... well now they have to go with China and that is a very good thing for both countries.

China has an enormous deficit of women... lots of Indian women....
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:00 am

Sujoy wrote:Modi is a bigger scumbag than Mamata Banerjee. Modi can quit if he is afraid of death threats. Every politician gets death threats that's why they move around with dozens of security personnel.

Modi is a CIA plant and he has completely destroyed the Indian economy. Every second contract is being awarded to his fellow Gujaratis. A community of lowlifes who previously bankrolled British rule in India and is now siphoning of billions of dollars of taxpayers money and escaping to London.

I do not think that anyone will do India a favor by killing Modi. Nor do I think that Modi will kick the bucket anytime soon because that would have saved India a lot of agony.

India will purchase Su-57 to replace Su-30MKI. Have repeated this ad nauseam.

Congress or BJP,  both are foreign stooges.  Sonya Ghaundi and her son are crooks too.

An issue of Indian politics.  China is so stable because of a one party that all follow same goal.

GarryB likes this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:43 am

One of the reasons the west likes to deal with dictatorships is because of their stabiility... once you bribe them and get them on side you don't have to bribe them or threaten them again come election time...

That is until the dictator is wise to their games and cannot be bought or controlled... that includes democratically elected dictators like Putin and Chavez and Morales and Assad and Gaddafi, but also Saddam and other real dictators.

Broski likes this post

TMA1
    TMA1

Post  TMA1 Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:44 pm

I frankly find India much safer to trust than China. I dont see the provocations seen by India as I do by China. If I am wrong I am open to correction.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:51 pm

TMA1 wrote:I frankly find India much safer to trust than China. I dont see the provocations seen by India as I do by China. If I am wrong I am open to correction.

Trust on what ? India is being used as a cheap labour force like China in the 1990. They have no power on the international issues.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:26 pm

TMA1 wrote:I frankly find India much safer to trust than China. I dont see the provocations seen by India as I do by China. If I am wrong I am open to correction.

Depends who you are in how you can trust them.

Indians are great people. But I have also met so many Chinese people too who are also very great people and open to talking about any kind of issue and willing to work with you. Both have a lot in common but both hate each other.

India though, on the other hand has the issue where both parties are compromised, and that compromise exists within the very lower part of civil society. When every sign or second sign is "study or live in the west" and everyone there has this feeling that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, kind of gives indication that Indian's are more western in though process than they are willing to admit. Doesn't help that a huge portion of their population actually live in the west and many are in politics - in Canada, UK, US, etc. Many of these people, being terrorist supporters or pushing for movements of separatism in India (Punjab), are also very influential and have a lot of power in the country of India. China on the other hand has consolidated its power internally rather than from external factors while India is constantly fighting internally in politics thanks to many from outside too.

India can be a wonderful country, but they need to come to terms with themselves and see that the future of India isn't outside of India but internally. Add to that, they need to stop the squabbling going on where Hindu's are being attacked left, right and center and many of their cultural heritage is being destroyed, so a clamp down is needed on the other religions and sub groups who live in the country but try to push their agenda's hard, and most of those agenda's come from outside of the country, not internally. Then, people need to get it through their thick skulls that regardless of religion and or what region of India they are from, they are Indian and that is that and need to work together for a better future. Too much of this division lives in India and it is its overall downfall.

It isn't economics, it isn't its military. It is its social structure that is rotten to the core and needs to be fixed. Once it is fixed, they will be feared and also viewed favorably so long as it doesnt go to their heads. At that point, it would be in India's interest to not look for allies and joining big clubs, but to be a central roll for others to join. Until then, it really cannot be taken seriously.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:21 am

I frankly find India much safer to trust than China. I dont see the provocations seen by India as I do by China. If I am wrong I am open to correction.

Russia expects them both to treat Russia with respect and Russia in turn will treat them with respect and wont piss on their shoes and tell them it is raining.

Normal countries don't provoke other countries and if their actions upset a neighbour they talk to them about it to sort things out... they don't escalate the situation... that is just stupid... that is what you do with an enemy you can't talk with.

China can be Indias enemy if India wants that and India can be Chinas enemy if China wants that, and that is easy but also very expensive and very dangeous... the US wants that... which tells you it is good for the US and bad for China and India.

How long before some Washington thinktank comes up with the brilliant realisation that the US LCS ships that are so useless they have already started scrapping them, would be ideal for India to build up a fleet quickly to contain China.

They can remove anything of value or interest from the ships and then sell them to India for top dollar and the super boats they were promised to be... but clearly are not... they can even use the old sales material to sell it.

As an American you probably see China as being more of a threat with likely rather more nukes and missiles than India has, but honestly I would say they mainly think that because with elections in India they get lots of chances all the time to pervert elections and get western friendly people into important positions within the structures of power in India... no such chances exist in China.

The west uses poor countries for cheap labour to make their stuff, but eventually they have to move on because wages and workers rights improve over time... the west has been doing this since WWII... Japan and West Germany were essentially slave labour just after the war and worked in factories built by the west which gave them power and control... how could they complain wages were not high enough?

But over time wages did improve so production was moved to other places while production in West Germany and Japan switched from cheap crap to quality... obviously things like optics and precision machinery remained intact and couldn't be brought in from outside those two countries because they had better standard stuff than the west did...

Countries like Singapore and Malaysia and most other Asian countries have been used for cheap labour and have built their societies around that investment, and have fared differently depending on how they took advantage at the time.

The Chinese government clearly made sensible moves that the country has massively benefitted from and therefore the people have benefitted as well, so even when the west pulls everything out of China they wont collapse or be seriously damaged, they have the momentum to keep growing.

I rather suspect India is sucking up to the US in particular because it wants to tread the same path China has just walked and don't want the west to go to Bangledesh instead... I can understand that of course, but if you look at Russias development over the last 20 years the west invested only in resources and energy that would make them a lot of money, so now they are leaving it will likely hurt the west more than it hurts Russia... Russia just needs to invest in the right things moving forward to prevent damage from the split with the west, but they have China and India and the rest of the world to work with... as does China and India... the west is not the only solution to a good life any more and that is why they are shitting themselves... they no longer control the path to a comfortable first world life...

Indians are great people. But I have also met so many Chinese people too who are also very great people and open to talking about any kind of issue and willing to work with you. Both have a lot in common but both hate each other.

There was a lot of hostility in Russia towards China too... and now they realise they are a hell of a lot more reliable and trustworthy than the Europeans and the west... They are not perfect, but they are not sending weapons to a war zone specifically to murder Russians and Russian soldiers... and nor is India.

Always got the feeling that China was a neighbour to Russia, but India was just a good customer for which they didn't otherwise know a lot about.

I suspect the deluge of western culture into Russia sidelined Russians learning about Chinese and Indian culture... I hope that changes, because most western culture and history is seriously edited by the west and most of it is easy to confirm bullshit... I mean right now Stalin was as bad as Hitler was in WWII in western history classes... and he was the worst Russian after Putin... despite being Georgian.

India can be a wonderful country, but they need to come to terms with themselves and see that the future of India isn't outside of India but internally.

Whether they let the US destroy them in a pointless arms race and possibly conflict with China, or wake up to what is going on before it is too late and trillions are wasted, their future is very promising... but like the EU... if they listen to the *Chinese whispers* from the US they will end up screwing themselves over and only the US will benefit from the chaos that ensues.

* note Chinese whispers is a western game where you get a ring of people preferably a large number like a classroom of kids and one person makes up a message and whispers it to the person on one side of them... the message is passed around the circle till it comes to the person who sent it who preferably has it written down. The message the person gets back is compared with the message sent.

The game has many other names like Whisper down the lane or Grapevine... in this context I thought the Chinese whispers name was ironic considering it is in fact the US hyping up what China does or does not say and does or does not do to India to provoke and conflict and hostility for the benefit of the US.

I notice online it mentions Chinese whispers is considered as racist by some, which is BS... there are a lot of Chinese New Zealanders, but most of the children spoke English anyway... often the smartest kids in school were Chinese here.

It isn't economics, it isn't its military. It is its social structure that is rotten to the core and needs to be fixed. Once it is fixed, they will be feared and also viewed favorably so long as it doesnt go to their heads. At that point, it would be in India's interest to not look for allies and joining big clubs, but to be a central roll for others to join. Until then, it really cannot be taken seriously.

The concept regarding BRICS is about independence of each member and a group of countries with no leader or agenda except free trade and helping each other country to develop and grow and settle differences.

There is no top dog and no leading country forcing other countries to support them or supply troops for this or that conflict.

For a country wanting to develop and grow the resources and technology and knowhow of Russia and China would be valuable and as they grow and develop they can share with other countries around them.

Ironic because you would think from the propaganda bullshit you get from the US that that is what they try to do but they do the opposite and shown clearly with how they treat the EU and Russia and China and any other region that shows independence... it crushes and turns them into zombie drones like the EU or it excommunicates them like Russia and next China.
    Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:40 pm

Fresh clashes between Indian and Chinese troops along the India-Tibet border.

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:29 pm

Indian Air Force is flying combat patrol over the India-Tibet border

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:07 am