Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+32
rambo54
GarryB
Godric
PapaDragon
JohninMK
Arrow
Benya
Grazneyar
miketheterrible
SeigSoloyvov
Isos
AlfaT8
par far
OminousSpudd
Airman
xeno
Austin
Kimppis
max steel
AbsoluteZero
collegeboy16
flamming_python
higurashihougi
Werewolf
Zivo
magnumcromagnon
Cyberspec
Hachimoto
TR1
dino00
Viktor
Sujoy
36 posters

S-400 SAM System Exports

Sujoy
    Sujoy

S-400 SAM System Exports Empty S-400 SAM System Exports

Post  Sujoy Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:16 am

Viktor wrote:Sujoy, S-400 wont be exported for another 5 years possible more.

That's correct Viktor (though I recon that Belarus , Kazakhstan will receive the S 400 by 2014). However, in all international Defense Expos ( that I have attended ) these are the specifications that are advertised to prospective buyers ( Saudi Arabia is said to be interested too) . Therefore it can be assumed that this is an export version.

Viktor wrote:Nice movie about S-400 from Almaz-Antej

Yes,nice indeed.  Infact this is one of the videos that Almaz Antei / Rosoboronexports plays at their stalls during Defense Expos. Thanks for posting .
    Viktor
    Viktor

S-400 SAM System Exports Empty Re: S-400 SAM System Exports

Post  Viktor Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:34 am

Sujoy wrote:

That's correct Viktor (though I recon that Belarus , Kazakhstan will receive the S 400 by 2014). However, in all international Defense Expos ( that I have attended ) these are the specifications that are advertised to prospective buyers ( Saudi Arabia is said to be interested too) . Therefore it can be assumed that this is an export version.

It could be that Belarus and Kazahstan will receive S-400 earlier like 2014 as they are part of CSTO and as such Russia closest allies and it is logical for them to have advantage above rest of the clients but even for them I dont believe they will get any before 2016 at least.

Sujoy
    Sujoy

Post  Sujoy Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:46 am

Viktor wrote:
    It could be that Belarus and Kazahstan will receive S-400 earlier like 2014 as they are part of CSTO and as such Russia closest allies and it is logical for them to have advantage above rest of the clients but even for them I dont believe they will get any before 2016 at least.

I am not sure if Belarus or Kazakhstan need such advanced systems. Not that I am suggesting that they need to protect their airspace with obsolete weapons but they really do not face any imminent threats . More importantly their security is guaranteed by Russia. I would hope Russia pitches for this system in Vietnam , Venezuela , Phillipines , not to mention India . That's where there is a genuine need . Maybe Russia can develop a tailor made versions for these countries like it did with the HQ 19 for China (though China did adopt unfair practices during the production process).
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:26 am

Sujoy wrote:I am not sure if Belarus or Kazakhstan need such advanced systems. Not that I am suggesting that they need to protect their airspace with obsolete weapons but they really do not face any imminent threats . More importantly their security is guaranteed by Russia. I would hope Russia pitches for this system in Vietnam , Venezuela , Phillipines , not to mention India . That's where there is a genuine need . Maybe Russia can develop a tailor made versions for these countries like it did with the HQ 19 for China (though China did adopt unfair practices during the production process).

Well strengthening Belarus with S-400 makes sense as no strange ideas would than buzz US/EU minds once Iskander-M/K is deployed because of US ABM in EU.

As for Kazahstan I would agree, there are countries that need it much faster.

India is above all. I dont know if India intends to buy S-400 at all?

Venezuela acquired 12 battalions of S-300VM with China EW 3D radars and Belarus command post so I guess they will need some time before all things are delivered and equipment integrated and mastered. Besides they will most likely be first Su-35BM operators and thats why I dont think they will rush with S-400. On the other hand subs are than more important for them.

Vietnam operates S-300 and because of constant violations of its territory around South China sea I can see them buying S-400 without any question.

Regarding China, I have heard about HQ-19 but Im not sure what is it. It has no logic that Russia would sell S-400 secrets/licence for puny 500min$ as is written in related articles. Than if China has licence or something of sort why does not it produce. Why does it want to buy from Russia and patiently waiting for its turn in line with others. So I will chose not to believe in any HQ-19 stories until proved otherwise.

As Im aware as seen pictures and videos of it, Russia assisted only S.Korean Cheolmae-2 "smaller" S-400 version with only 9M96 missiles no one else.

Sujoy
    Sujoy

S-400 SAM System Exports Empty Sujoy, S-400 wont be exported for another 5 years possible more.

Post  Sujoy Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:07 pm

Viktor wrote:India is above all. I dont know if India intends to buy S-400 at all?

India already has the S 300 PMU 2 version ( 6 batteries I recon ) so purchasing S 400 makes good sense. The fact that Russia is setting up a munition factory in India and will jointly produce rockets for the Smerch MLRS will ensure that there are no logistical problems if India has to purchase the S 400 , since it can also be produced by Russia in India.

Viktor wrote:Regarding China, I have heard about HQ-19 but Im not sure what is it. It has no logic that Russia would sell S-400 secrets/licence for puny 500min$ as is written in related articles. Than if China has licence or something of sort why does not it produce. Why does it want to buy from Russia and patiently waiting for its turn in line with others. So I will chose not to believe in any HQ-19 stories until proved otherwise.

In Jan 2010 , China carried out a SAM test . Sources within the Chinese news agency , Xinhua had referred to this missile as the HQ 19 that is believed to use the same missiles, sensors, battle management and launch vehicles as the S-400 . Analysts here in Asia as well as in US believes that China initially collaborated with Russia in the production of this missile but eventually ended up violating intellectual property rights most notably in the field of Diamond- Coating technology .

The fact that China has now decided to purchase S 400 from Russia implies that they have not made much headway in designing cutting edge SAM systems in-house.
    dino00
    dino00

S-400 SAM System Exports Empty S-400 Export

Post  dino00 Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:37 am

Russia’s Rosoboronexport arms exporters say they have secured 8 years worth of foreign orders for S-400 anti-aircraft missile batteries.
    The system is capable of shooting down incoming warheads and cruise missiles.

Voice of Russia, RIA
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:25 pm

Hmmm, wonder who.

China is a good bet.
    Maybe Vietnam or Algeria.
    Hachimoto

Post  Hachimoto Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:17 pm

8 years isn't too long for the effectiveness of the system?
    TR1
    TR1

Post  TR1 Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:27 pm

S-300PM is much more than 8 years old, and look how potent it is today still.
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:51 pm

TR1 wrote:Hmmm, wonder who.

China is a good bet.
    Maybe Vietnam or Algeria.

If India is in that equation that might bring some serious bucks for Almaz Antej
    Venecuela? - they are buying Antej-2500 but still I think they might find S-400 interesting.
    Saudi Arabia? - there where some talk about it before
    Greece?
    Kazahstan?
    Belarus?
    Iran?
    Argentina Very Happy
    Serbia?
    Viktor
    Viktor

S-400 SAM System Exports Empty sam exports

Post  Viktor Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:01 pm

Well here we go again, with the reappearance of Su-35 export to China, one can not neglect S-400 export story to China too. Very Happy

China was the first in line for the S-400

The Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC Russia), the great interest of foreign countries for a new anti-aircraft missile system S-400 "Triumph" and does not rule out that its first foreign buyer could be China
    "Traditionally, interest in our air defense missile system (ADMS) from foreign countries is very high. As for the latest S-400 "Triumph", then at least to meet internal needs, that is, the Russian military equipment by these systems, in all probability, will be serious and to supply for export, "- said the deputy director Vyacheslav FSMTC Dzirkaln at arms exhibition "IDEX-2013" in the UAE.

He noted that the system is too expensive and not every country can afford to purchase it. "I do not rule out the possibility that China could become the first foreign buyer of this system," - said V.Dzirkaln.

S-400 "Triumph" is designed for high performance protection of critical political, administrative, economic and military facilities from air strikes, strategic, cruise, tactical and operational-tactical ballistic missiles and ballistic missiles, medium-range in combat and electronic countermeasures.

Currently, S-400 "Triumph" arrives in the Russian armed forces.

LINK
    Viktor
    Viktor

S-400 SAM System Exports Empty S-400 is in high demand

Post  Viktor Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:47 am

S-400 is in high demand

Russia received from abroad application for the purchase of S-400

but here is interesting sentence

Until a few years ago the Defense Ministry announced that by 2015 all production of the C-400 will only work in the interests of Russia. Even Russian allies Belarus and Kazakhstan will receive these new complexes only after they fully equip the Russian missile defense system, defense, noted in the military

Nice to know that Belarus and Kazahstan intend to buy S-400 which would make nice addition to their S-300 and all
    Viktor
    Viktor

S-400 SAM System Exports Empty S-400 export

Post  Viktor Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:05 am

Finally  thumbsup 

S-400 system has been allowed to export

S-400 SAM System Exports QUpwuHU

Nice way to make additional money and make customers happy with systems being up to date protecting their countries

Service Centers Russian air defense systems may appear in Algeria, Vietnam, India and China

and good thing is that S-300 made for Syria will not be scraped/wasted but soled to another country

Managing the disposal made Syria the S-300 does not
    Cyberspec
    Cyberspec

Post  Cyberspec Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:54 am

Russia may rebid for Turkish long-range air defense system contest

A Turkish official said Russia may bid for Turkey’s long-range air defense system contest.

“We may rethink the Russian solution if its price and technology transfer level have been significantly improved,” the official said.

http://alert5.com/2015/03/26/russia-may-rebid-for-turkish-long-range-air-defense-system-contest/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:02 am

Cyberspec wrote:Russia may rebid for Turkish long-range air defense system contest

A Turkish official said Russia may bid for Turkey’s long-range air defense system contest.

“We may rethink the Russian solution if its price and technology transfer level have been significantly improved,” the official said.

http://alert5.com/2015/03/26/russia-may-rebid-for-turkish-long-range-air-defense-system-contest/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

...Meh no thanks, I would rather they give S-400's to Cyprus.
    Zivo
    Zivo

Post  Zivo Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:07 am

Cyberspec wrote:Russia may rebid for Turkish long-range air defense system contest

Transfer S-400 technology to a NATO member. Laughing

Turn in your club card, then maybe you will get S-400's.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:17 am

Give them old S-75 it is already beyond anything that turkey could dream of producing themselfs.

ToT license... they must live in candy land.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:57 am

Zivo wrote:

No, the Turks are turning their asses into NATO. They have already realized that joining EU or NATO is just a-pie-in-the-sky with no practical benefit.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:44 am

higurashihougi wrote:
    Zivo wrote:

No, the Turks are turning their asses into NATO. They have already realized that joining EU or NATO is just a-pie-in-the-sky with no practical benefit.

The Turks are in NATO and have been since the 50s.
    collegeboy16
    collegeboy16

S-400 SAM System Exports Empty Russia may rebid for Turkish long-range air defense system contest

Post  collegeboy16 Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:09 am

lay off the hookah for a while man... AA is not in such dire straits as to whore out the belle of the establishment for measly sum.
    AbsoluteZero
    AbsoluteZero

S-400 SAM System Exports Empty There is news that Russia will be selling s-400 systems

Post  AbsoluteZero Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:58 pm

There is news that Russia will be selling s-400 systems to China soon, any potential risks China will make copies of these systems and sell them to a much cheaper price?
    max steel
    max steel

Post  max steel Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:08 pm

They just have sold it to Chinese . I hope russia will make sure it cant be reengineered . They sold them the export downgraded model perhaps .
    Viktor
    Viktor

Post  Viktor Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:20 pm

AbsoluteZero wrote:There is news that Russia will be selling s-400 systems to China soon, any potential risks China will make copies of these systems and sell them to a much cheaper price?

The more complex the product the more time and experience you need to copy it. Even than you will just manage to copy an export version of it.

If you look at now China HQ-9, that some might say its a copy of a S-300 system which is in China possession for almost 25 yars by now, you will see that it still does not come even close

to the export version of S-300PMU2 also in their possession so I would say that there is no risk involved with such sale. Even if China manages to copy the system with the time involved

in such operation, Russia will by than develope more advanced version of the same + new stuff that will always ensure its lead.
    Kimppis
    Kimppis

Post  Kimppis Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:53 pm

They don't need to "copy" anything because they can design AA systems themselves. It's 2015. Turkey bought Chinese missiles, for instance.

And did they actually buy S-400? This is not the first time that has been announced. There's no reason to believe it until we actually see it in PLA service.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

S-400 SAM System Exports Empty There is news that Russia will be selling s-400 systems to China soon, any potential risks China will make copies of these systems and sell them to a much cheaper price?

Post  flamming_python Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:34 am

max steel wrote:They just have sold it to Chinese . I hope russia will make sure it cant be reengineered . They sold them the export downgraded model perhaps .

I doubt the Russians included the 40N6 ultra-long range and high-altitude missiles or the hypersonic kinetic-kill 77N6-N missiles in the sale; these have barely just been inducted into Russian service (or not yet inducted) and effectively grant strategic ABM capabilities on some level - they're not going to be exported to anyone.

They probably included the 48H6Ex and 9M96Ex missiles in the sale; downgraded export versions of them or just the older versions.

I remember when reading about the original Iranian S-300 contract; and how the system had to be utilized and scrapped after the sale was stopped - that each exported S-300 system was custom-build for the needs of a particular client.
    I would assume that the S-400 sale is the same; it is specifically tailored for Chinese requirements, and likely specifically downgraded in certain areas too. Yet nevertheless the best air-defence system money could buy on the world market right now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:32 am