Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+60
Airman
iraqidabab
zorobabel
Vann7
GunshipDemocracy
d_taddei2
Erlindur
archangelski
Alex555
wilhelm
JohninMK
Project Canada
VladimirSahin
Erk
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
George1
BKP
VARGR198
ultimatewarrior
auslander
KiloGolf
kvs
GarryB
magnumcromagnon
ali.a.r
Cowboy's daughter
OminousSpudd
Admin
famschopman
Karl Haushofer
Boshoed
franco
Zivo
Khepesh
PapaDragon
Neutrality
calm
par far
storm333
airstrike
Werewolf
Odin of Ossetia
medo
starman
Cyberspec
The Ottoman
Big_Gazza
Solncepek
Viktor
Shadåw
TheArmenian
Aristonicus
Regular
Azi
Godric
SeigSoloyvov
sepheronx
Resistance
Walther von Oldenburg
64 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #9

Vann7

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 6 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #9

Post  Vann7 Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:02 pm

IRAN aid to Syria have been very limited. i will say no more than 5,000 mercenaries and majority of them not even iranians. Syria but also Russia lacks heavily from attack drones in the conflict ,something that could have done a major difference in the battle field. Attack drones with lazer missiles (similar to hellfire) , will have allowed to hit terrorist right above their heads whenever they group together inside a building.  Russia airforce cannot achieve that level of precision without using much too expensive means ,with too expensive missiles.

When you go to war , Economy and cost of your weapons is something that cannot be underestimated. it plays a major role. This is why Russia use 99% of the times mostly unguided cheap bombs whenever it bombs terrorist.

So basically what im saying is that the support Syria receive from Russia and IRAN is limited.
    for economic reasons and political too. ie.. cease of fire with Americans. etc.

If Russia had developed very cheap ,cost efficient attack drones ,that can fire very cheap guided
    missiles ,that Russia will not mind to be studied by NATO either ,it could significantly help to halt the offensives of the terrorist.  Why?

- Because drones are more silent. and terrorist are always warned whenever Russia is taking off
    from Latakia by NATO. So terrorist warned before hand by NATO radars in Turkey ,whenever
    Russia airforce is withing minutes to bomb them, so they seek cover and disperse.

-Drones can be more cost effective than using planes.

- no human loses ,if drone shut down.

For example drones can be very useful in times , terrorist start a major offensive. Terrorist
    always start very spread// but when they are inside Syrian army positions ,they end grouped again.  you see a lot those videos of terrorist in the hundreds grouped together taking selfies ,
    hidding in a building. thats the best time for use those attack drones. Russia airforce using
    unguided bombs flying too high is not the most ideal way to deal with the terrorist offensives.

So a cheap to produce ,lazer guided attack drone that can deal a direct hit ,right on the place terrorist grouped could be the most ideal thing. Such drone does not need to be stealth ,since will only bomb Alqaeda and ISIS. I dont think Russia have low cost attack drones ,that can fight at visual distance of target ,exclusively made to deal with guerrilla in urban warfare like in Syria.

George1
    George1

Post  George1 Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:51 pm

Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:37 am

‘Kill Russians and Iranians, threaten Assad,’ says ex-CIA chief backing Clinton

Former CIA deputy director Michael Morell, who supports Hillary Clinton and insists that Donald Trump is being manipulated by Russian President Vladimir Putin, said that Russians and Iranians in Syria should be killed covertly to “pay the price.”

The top CIA official, who twice served as the acting director of the agency, and worked with Clinton while she was secretary of state, told PBS host Charlie Rose that Iran and Russia should “pay a big price” in Syria – and by that he meant killing them.

"I ran the CIA now I’m endorsing Hillary Clinton and I want Hillary to kill lots of Russians and Iranians in Syria":https://t.co/Ka7oSby9kk
    — Christoph Germann (@newgreatgame) August 9, 2016

“When we were in Iraq, the Iranians were giving weapons to the Shia militia who were killing American soldiers,” Morell said. “The Iranians were making us pay a price.”

You see, Michael Morell is a man of virtue: he calls for death and destruction in proper politesse. Heaven forbid he crack a rude joke.
    — Michael Tracey (@mtracey) August 9, 2016

“We need to make the Iranians pay a price in Syria, we need to make the Russians pay a price,” he continued.

When asked if that meant killing Russians and Iranians, Morell fully agreed, qualifying the answer with “covertly.”

“Tell the world about it, right?” he went on. “You don’t stand up at the Pentagon and say ‘we did this,’ but you make sure they know it in Moscow and Tehran.”

Michael Morell on Charlie Rose said 'Hillary is the toughest in the room' more pro-neocon shade throwing at Obama cc @SamSacks@samknight1
    — Robbie Martin (@FluorescentGrey) August 9, 2016

Referring to the US-backed rebels in Syria, Morell said he wanted Washington to support them in more aggressive actions, not only against Bashar Assad’s government, but against Iranians and Russians.

READ MORE: Russia poses ‘existential threat’ to US national security, Air Force secretary says

Morrell then went on a diatribe about how the US should “scare” Assad, including going after his national guard and “bombing his offices in the middle of the night.”

pic.twitter.com/CIVWoZGgdM
    — Andrew Perez (@andrewperezdc) August 9, 2016

“I’m not advocating assassinating him, I’m advocating going after what he thinks is his power base and what he needs to survive. I want to put pressure on him, I want to put pressure on the Iranians, I want to put pressure on the Russians to come to that diplomatic settlement.”

READ MORE: ‘Didn’t know they watch Fox in Russia’: Defiant ‘kill Russians’ US ex-general insists he told ‘truth’

The former acting director of the CIA publicly endorsed Hillary Clinton last week through an opinion piece in the New York Times, praising her qualifications as commander-in-chief and calling her rival Donald Trump a threat to national security.

Morell: "Just like we made the Russians pay a price in Afghanistan"
    Rose: "By supporting mujahideen?"
    Morell: "Yes!"https://t.co/Wg71K1wQSs
    — Christoph Germann (@newgreatgame) August 9, 2016

=================================================
    Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 6 CpcSeWsWEAAT14F
    Ramouseh, yesterday...
    Big_Gazza
    Big_Gazza

Post  Big_Gazza Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:12 am

Michael Morell is a complete fucking cunt...

Yes, I dropped the C-bomb. I don't apologise. When discussing the depths of human trash such as this psychopathic monstrosity, no word can be considered too harsh. I've also had 1.5 bottles of Shiraz and a good few boutique ales at my local public house, so quite frankly I don't care if anyone should take offense. Very Happy

I might as well say it again as I cannot be shot twice... russia
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:53 am

Manjib

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 6 QJNOdiM
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:27 am

Solncepek wrote: ‘Kill Russians and Iranians, threaten Assad,’ says ex-CIA chief backing Clinton

calm
    calm

Post  calm Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:53 am

#Manbij So far 12,000 ISIS IEDs have been dismantled by SDF fighters.
    Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 6 CpgHcD4XEAEz1CJSyrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 6 CpgHdEiXgAQGYZaSyrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 6 CpgHeWCWYAAKKy3Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 6 CpgHe-qXYAAjj1D
    Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:02 pm

ГШ РФ: 7 тыс боевиков под Алеппо
    Новость

РИА Новости:
    - "Наиболее тревожная обстановка сложилась на юго-западных подступах к Алеппо, где в течение последней недели террористы создали группировку численностью около семи тысяч боевиков, имеющих на вооружении танки, боевые машины пехоты, артиллерию и автомобили с установленным на них вооружением" - заявил журналистам начальник Главного оперативного управления Генштаба ВС России генерал-лейтенант Сергей Рудской.

Еще из заявлений:
    - "За последние четверо суток потери боевиков юго-западнее Алеппо составили более 1000 убитыми и около двух тысяч ранеными. Уничтожено 7 танков, 8 боевых машин пехоты, 29 орудий и минометов, 85 автомобилей с крупнокалиберным вооружением", — сообщил Рудской. (ист)

General Staff of the Russian Federation: 7 thousand fighters under the Aleppo
    News

RIA Novosti:
    - "The most alarming situation has developed in the south-western outskirts of Aleppo, where in the last week of the terrorists have created a group of about seven thousand militants with armed with tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, artillery and vehicles mounted with weapons" - told reporters Head Main Operations Directorate of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces, Lieutenant-General Sergey Rudskoy. (Ist)

Another of the applications:
    - "For the last four days of losses fighters southwest of Aleppo amounted to more than 1,000 killed and about two thousand wounded Destroyed tanks 7, 8 infantry fighting vehicles, 29 guns and mortars, 85 vehicles with large-caliber weapons." - Said Rudskoy

- "Контролируемый ими район находится под постоянным огневым воздействием правительственных войск и отрядов ополчения. Это полностью исключает возможность доставки по нему вооружения и боеприпасов террористам, находящимся в восточной части Алеппо"

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 6 Post-15-1470842602

FIRE CONTROL, my ass Very Happy
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:21 pm

Russia’s General Staff: About 7,000 militants amassed on Aleppo approaches

http://tass.ru/en/world/893616

Perhaps this is a great opportunity to hit them hard while they're forces are concentrated in a tight spot..,
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:51 pm

Solncepek wrote:
    ГШ РФ: 7 тыс боевиков под Алеппо
    Новость

РИА Новости:
    - "Наиболее тревожная обстановка сложилась на юго-западных подступах к Алеппо, где в течение последней недели террористы создали группировку численностью около семи тысяч боевиков, имеющих на вооружении танки, боевые машины пехоты, артиллерию и автомобили с установленным на них вооружением" - заявил журналистам начальник Главного оперативного управления Генштаба ВС России генерал-лейтенант Сергей Рудской.

Еще из заявлений:
    - "За последние четверо суток потери боевиков юго-западнее Алеппо составили более 1000 убитыми и около двух тысяч ранеными. Уничтожено 7 танков, 8 боевых машин пехоты, 29 орудий и минометов, 85 автомобилей с крупнокалиберным вооружением", — сообщил Рудской. (ист)

General Staff of the Russian Federation: 7 thousand fighters under the Aleppo
    News

RIA Novosti:
    - "The most alarming situation has developed in the south-western outskirts of Aleppo, where in the last week of the terrorists have created a group of about seven thousand militants with armed with tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, artillery and vehicles mounted with weapons" - told reporters Head Main Operations Directorate of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces, Lieutenant-General Sergey Rudskoy. (Ist)

Another of the applications:
    - "For the last four days of losses fighters southwest of Aleppo amounted to more than 1,000 killed and about two thousand wounded Destroyed tanks 7, 8 infantry fighting vehicles, 29 guns and mortars, 85 vehicles with large-caliber weapons." - Said Rudskoy

- "Контролируемый ими район находится под постоянным огневым воздействием правительственных войск и отрядов ополчения. Это полностью исключает возможность доставки по нему вооружения и боеприпасов террористам, находящимся в восточной части Алеппо"

Still not kicked the posting in Russian habit?

So here is the Yandex translation of your last point for you

- "Controlled their area is under constant fire exposure of government troops and militias. This excludes the possibility of delivery by it of arms and ammunition to terrorists in Eastern Aleppo"
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:43 pm

Big_Gazza wrote:Michael Morell is a complete fucking cunt...

Yes, I dropped the C-bomb.  I don't apologise.  When discussing the depths of human trash such as this psychopathic monstrosity, no word can be considered too harsh.  I've also had 1.5 bottles of Shiraz and a good few boutique ales at my local public house, so quite frankly I don't care if anyone should take offense.  Very Happy

I might as well say it again as I cannot be shot twice...  russia

+10000

If Russian officials (current or retired) were calling for the death of Americans or various NATO serfs you could
    bet your bottom dollar that the NATO MSM would screech about it. It would be invoked as proof of the
    evil nature of Russians. But it is OK for NATO specimens to engage in such hate speech.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:39 pm

The war in SYria is far from Over.. Aleppo liberation will NOT be the end of it.
    After the visit of ERdogan to RUssia with Putin , to "restore" relations ,
    he basically ,just played a game and asked all from Russia and gave nothing back
    aside of an Apology for Shutting down the plane . In fact it was said that ERdogan
    in the very same conference of "Friendship" with RUssia , he went as far as reinstate his
    support for the Tatars in Crimea fighitng Moscow with support of kiev and washinton.
    And also he denied any rumor about Russia warning them of a coup in progress...

SO many experts believe Erdogan visit to Russia ,was more a show to Blackmail US
    and Europe. To try to get a better deal from them.

http://russia-insider.com/en/erdogan-attacks-syria-crimea/ri16006

"No agreement on a single Russian political or security priority (on st petersburg Putin -Erdogan meeting). (Erdogan) His real audience was in Washington, Berlin, and Brussels." Erdogan is a bazaar wheeler-dealer who strives to wriggle himself into the best possible position both as the Sultan of Turkey and the leader of the Sunnisphere, while manipudividing the Russian and Frankish kaffirs against each other. The bugger should be wearing a red fez and an eye patch, a la Barbary pirate Wink

Combining all things together. All this looks like the whole coup was an ERdogan inside job ,
    nothing more than show, than a Circus , something that erdogan did to its own Government
    to justify ,to take full control of his Government and become a dictator.

What all this means , is that ERdogan Policies with Syria have not changed not even
    by any degree.  HE will continue aiding ISIS and ALqaeda.  But if the Syrian army goes and clear western aleppo and central city too and IDLIB.  ERdogan can simply order its Army
    to Invade Northen Syria to push back the Syrian army. Forcing Russia to come to the aid of Syria.

NATO is blending US and Europeans special forces with Syrian Kurds and replacing all territories
    that ISIS have with theirs. So the war is far form over.. could last 10 years. And Russia biggest weapon against Turkey , its sanctions cannot be removed or at least not completely and Russia needs to delay as much as possible any business cooperation with Turkey.  Russia will do fine to dissuade Russian citizens from traveling to Turkey , because they could be used as human shields in case Turkey start a war with Russia and Syria.  

It is time for RUssia to pressure China and help them with Syria , because NATO is only increasing its forces covertly in Syria and the whole coup in Turkey looks more like an inside job
    of Erdogan on its own nation to fully take control of its country. This whole anti erdogan coup
    could be a fake show , only used for Turkey justify "capture" US nuclear weapons. and Americans have an excuse for losing them to ERdogan. And use Erdogan control of nukes
    to pressure Russia in Syria. and help Americans Neocons get their nukes in the real hands they always wanted them to be.  So that way ,at least to the American people , Obama administration will not be accused of supplying nuclear weapons to Erdogan ,since they will claim "they lost them" .  So people need to be ready for a second Inside Job Coup , that will
    end with ERdogan capturing US nukes ,with a thumbs up from NATO. Later the history of how
    those old nukes were not very protected from being hacked will show up ,allowing Turkey to justify having nuclear weapons.  This is how i see all will be played.  US ,transfer of its nuclear weapons to Turkey , using fake staged coups as cover.

The only thing that will stop the war in Syria is a new President in US ,that stop it ,maybe trump? if he is genuine , or that Russia continues exposing Americans aid to terrorism , and they continues defeating every terrorist in Syria with very minimal forces. while NATO spending a lot in the fight. China entry in the war will only makes Things far easier for Russia. Because will give NATO memories of their failed Korean war ,so is unfortunate they are not there.

The Ottoman
    The Ottoman

Post  The Ottoman Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Turkish FM: Turkey and Russia agree Syria should have administration allowing everyone to practice beliefs freely

11.08.2016    Turkey, todays headlines    

ANKARA

Turkey and Russia agree that Syria should have an administration which allows everyone to practice their beliefs freely, Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said Thursday.

In remarks made in an interview to the Turkish broadcaster NTV, Cavusoglu outlined Turkey’s cooperation with Russia to resolve the Syrian conflict.

"The situation in Syria is getting worse day-by-day," he said. "We always say only a political solution [in Syria] can be permanent, in terms of not hurting civilians, separating moderate opposition from terrorist groups and [ensuring] humanitarian aid."

He said cooperation between Russia and Turkey "on politics, military and intelligence will pave the way for us to put our relations on a solid ground and help resolve problems in Syria.”

He said the next Syrian regime should be all inclusive. "We think the same as Russia on Syria's future. The next administration in Syria should be inclusive and cover everyone.” He added the next administration in Syria "should be a secular one".

"We are on the same page with Russia from old times that Syria should have an administration under which everyone can live with their beliefs freely," he said.

During President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s visit to St. Petersburg Tuesday, Turkey and Russia agreed to establish a joint committee on Syria; members of the Turkish committee travelled to Russia on Thursday. The committee consists of military and intelligence officers and diplomats from both Russia and Turkey.

Syria’s five-year civil war has resulted in more than 500,000 deaths, according to Cavusoglu. Moscow and Ankara support different sides in the conflict, with Turkey deeply opposed to Bashar al-Assad’s regime, of which Russia is a major backer.

Cavusoglu also said the U.S. was cooperating with Turkey on the issue of Fetullah Gulen, the U.S.-based preacher Turkey accuses of plotting the July 15 coup attempt.

“We see the cooperation signals on this issue,” he said, adding that a delegation from the U.S. Justice Department would come to Turkey soon.

“After that we are waiting for a high-level visit,” the minister said. “After the extradition file is prepared, we will go to the U.S. with the justice minister to repeat our demand with this evidence, files and information.”

About two military attaches at the Turkish embassy in Athens fleeing to Italy following their recall to Turkey in the wake of the failed coup, Cavusoglu confirmed the incident.

He said Col. Ilhan Yasitli and Col. Halis Tunc left for Italy by car and ferry with their families on the night of Aug. 6. Turkey’s ambassador to Rome was making inquiries with Italian authorities about their possible extradition, a diplomatic source told Anadolu Agency.

http://aa.com.tr/en/todays-headlines/next-syrian-regime-should-be-inclusive-turkish-fm/626979
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:00 pm

The Ottoman wrote:Turkish FM: Turkey and Russia agree Syria should have administration allowing everyone to practice beliefs freely

11.08.2016    Turkey, todays headlines    

ANKARA

Turkey and Russia agree that Syria should have an administration which allows everyone to practice their beliefs freely, Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said Thursday.

In remarks made in an interview to the Turkish broadcaster NTV, Cavusoglu outlined Turkey’s cooperation with Russia to resolve the Syrian conflict.

"The situation in Syria is getting worse day-by-day," he said. "We always say only a political solution [in Syria] can be permanent, in terms of not hurting civilians, separating moderate opposition from terrorist groups and [ensuring] humanitarian aid."

He said cooperation between Russia and Turkey "on politics, military and intelligence will pave the way for us to put our relations on a solid ground and help resolve problems in Syria.”

He said the next Syrian regime should be all inclusive. "We think the same as Russia on Syria's future. The next administration in Syria should be inclusive and cover everyone.” He added the next administration in Syria "should be a secular one".

"We are on the same page with Russia from old times that Syria should have an administration under which everyone can live with their beliefs freely," he said.

During President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s visit to St. Petersburg Tuesday, Turkey and Russia agreed to establish a joint committee on Syria; members of the Turkish committee travelled to Russia on Thursday. The committee consists of military and intelligence officers and diplomats from both Russia and Turkey.

Syria’s five-year civil war has resulted in more than 500,000 deaths, according to Cavusoglu. Moscow and Ankara support different sides in the conflict, with Turkey deeply opposed to Bashar al-Assad’s regime, of which Russia is a major backer.

Cavusoglu also said the U.S. was cooperating with Turkey on the issue of Fetullah Gulen, the U.S.-based preacher Turkey accuses of plotting the July 15 coup attempt.

“We see the cooperation signals on this issue,” he said, adding that a delegation from the U.S. Justice Department would come to Turkey soon.

“After that we are waiting for a high-level visit,” the minister said. “After the extradition file is prepared, we will go to the U.S. with the justice minister to repeat our demand with this evidence, files and information.”

About two military attaches at the Turkish embassy in Athens fleeing to Italy following their recall to Turkey in the wake of the failed coup, Cavusoglu confirmed the incident.

He said Col. Ilhan Yasitli and Col. Halis Tunc left for Italy by car and ferry with their families on the night of Aug. 6. Turkey’s ambassador to Rome was making inquiries with Italian authorities about their possible extradition, a diplomatic source told Anadolu Agency.

http://aa.com.tr/en/todays-headlines/next-syrian-regime-should-be-inclusive-turkish-fm/626979

This is literally mind blowing. Nope there will not be a "National Coalition" apparatus in Syria, because otherwise the Kurds will have the same demands than those who are abetted by Turkey and the gang.

Vann7

Post  Vann7 Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:40 pm

Erdogan will be eliminated. and by his own American friends. or by Europeans intelligence services. it will be a matter of time. If there is something Americans do not tolerate is insubordination to their Authority and leaders they cannot fully control and that are popular.

SO i predict the "honey moon" between Russia and Turkey will end soon. Already
    Erdogan called the first shots in St petersburg demanding Assad to step down and by saying
    they support Crimean tatars opposition to moscow. So how insolent and arrogant is Erdogan
    that came to Russia to basically insult Russia in their own territory. Wondering what will have
    happened if Russia arrest ERdogan in St Petersburg for his connection to ISIS. For sure Erdogan will have people backing him in Turkey , but i dont think that they could be any worse than him.

AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:58 pm

Solncepek
    Solncepek

Post  Solncepek Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:40 am

https://warisboring.com/the-race-to-aleppo-60043703a71f#.9630v5nnk
    JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:58 am

Interesting map from yesterday.

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 6 Cpk-0FGWAAA6tYf
    The Ottoman
    The Ottoman

Post  The Ottoman Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:27 am

Zarif Visits Ankara, Turkish-Russian-Iranian Tripartite Scenario in Syria ‘More Likely’

Ankara and Tehran’s announcement on Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif visiting the Turkish capital on Friday raised even more speculation of a Russian-Turkish-Iranian tripartite alliance surfacing. Zarif is expected to be discussing bilateral ties shared among the two countries.

The theory of an alliance being forged was first fired up when Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan paid his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin a visit in Saint Petersburg, washing away months of piling tensions, and resolving to a set of decisions on Russian-Turkish cooperation in Syria.

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 6 Turkey-and-Iran

Many Russian blocs had promoted the makings of such an alliance concerning the Syria crisis after Iranian President Hassan Rouhani made a call to Erdogan last July. In the phone call Erdogan expressed anticipation towards cooperation and coordination with Iran in Syria.

On Thursday, the first session of Russian-Turkish mechanism for coordination was held in Saint Petersburg, after being approved by the earlier Erdogan-Putin summit.

Turkey’s Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, said that his country is open and prepared to look into a military offensive launched in cooperation with Russia against ISIS.

Ankara wants Moscow deal with the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan along with its arms division the People’s Protection Units, anchored in northern Syria. Turkey considers the Kurdish movement terror-centered and no different than ISIS.

Turkish Ambassador to Russia Umit Yardim hinted that some waivers concerning the Turkish stance on Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria might be given away by Ankara.

Turkish media outlets cited the ambassador as saying that Ankara is in the process of considering sharing the platform of peace talks with the Assad regime.

The development of the Russian-Turkish relations poses no threat to the West. Boosting dialogue for the sake of peace and stability should be a response to speculations on the issue, Turkish Ambassador to Russia, Umit Yardim, told a news conference on Thursday.

“Our relations with Russia pose no threat to anyone else, our relations are valuable as such,” the ambassador said.

“We have always said that it is necessary to develop relations. We have never evaluated them in terms of the risks for the West.”

“The Western media say that this dialogue will allegedly imply a lot of negative things for the West,” he said.

“The development of our relations will be the best answer to these speculations. Our aim is consolidating peace and stability.”

http://english.aawsat.com/2016/08/article55356297/zarif-visits-ankara-turkish-russian-iranian-tripartite-scenario-syria-likely
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Syria war demonstrates Russia's lack of precision strike capability. If this war happens in Russia, Russia would be in big trouble.

kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:54 am

Resistance wrote:

That's not Russian drone footage and not Russian bombing. It looks nothing like all the previous Russian released footage.
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:41 am

Vann7 wrote:IRAN aid to Syria have been very limited. i will say no more than 5,000 mercenaries and majority of them not even iranians. Syria but also Russia lacks heavily from attack drones in the conflict ,something that could have done a major difference in the battle field. Attack drones with lazer missiles (similar to hellfire) , will have allowed to hit terrorist right above their heads whenever they group together inside a building.  Russia airforce cannot achieve that level of precision without using much too expensive means ,with too expensive missiles.

When you go to war , Economy and cost of your weapons is something that cannot be underestimated. it plays a major role. This is why Russia use 99% of the times mostly unguided cheap bombs whenever it bombs terrorist.

So basically what im saying is that the support Syria receive from Russia and IRAN is limited.
    for economic reasons and political too. ie.. cease of fire with Americans. etc.

If Russia had developed very cheap ,cost efficient attack drones ,that can fire very cheap guided
    missiles ,that Russia will not mind to be studied by NATO either ,it could significantly help to halt the offensives of the terrorist.  Why?

- Because drones are more silent. and terrorist are always warned whenever Russia is taking off
    from Latakia by NATO. So terrorist warned before hand by NATO radars in Turkey ,whenever
    Russia airforce is withing minutes to bomb them, so they seek cover and disperse.

-Drones can be more cost effective than using planes.

- no human loses ,if drone shut down.

For example drones can be very useful in times , terrorist start a major offensive. Terrorist
    always start very spread// but when they are inside Syrian army positions ,they end grouped again.  you see a lot those videos of terrorist in the hundreds grouped together taking selfies ,
    hidding in a building. thats the best time for use those attack drones. Russia airforce using
    unguided bombs flying too high is not the most ideal way to deal with the terrorist offensives.

So a cheap to produce ,lazer guided attack drone that can deal a direct hit ,right on the place terrorist grouped could be the most ideal thing. Such drone does not need to be stealth ,since will only bomb Alqaeda and ISIS. I dont think Russia have low cost attack drones ,that can fight at visual distance of target ,exclusively made to deal with guerrilla in urban warfare like in Syria.

Why not use Kalibrs to attack terrorists? Kalibrs fly about 100 meters off the ground. Too low for distant NATO radars to detect to warn terrorists. Kalibrs are very accurate. A few Kalibrs would knock out terrorists in southwestern Aleppo.
    Vann7

Post  Vann7 Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:43 am

Why not use Kalibrs to attack terrorists? Kalibrs fly about 100 meters off the ground. Too low for distant NATO radars to detect to warn terrorists. Kalibrs are very accurate. A few Kalibrs would knock out terrorists in southwestern Aleppo.

Why not use kalibrs?

For the same reason , Russia do not have as many aircraft carriers as Americans.
    and as many ballistic submarines as them. Because it cost a lot of money $$$.

and because it will be overkill , imagine Russia using a 5 million dollar missile Iskander ,
    to kill a seminaked terrorist starving on foot with an ak-47 ,located in a mountain. Something they could do with a cheap sniper bullet of $1 dollar. and save $5 million. Iskanders like Kalibrs, are designed to evade NATO aegis defenses. and their numbers in Russia inventory is limited. in the case of Iskanders Russia have just hundred or bit more . So the last thing Russia will do is waste their best weapons in semi naked suicide bombers in Syria and later need to deal with a NATO war ,with their inventory almost empty. simply your best weapons are used against your more powerful enemies and Alqaeda or ISIS is not Russia more dangerous enemies. not even Turkey is. but US.

aside that using too much kalibrs pose the Risk of allowing NATO to spy and monitor and
    even capture technology from the missiles to analize it . the few ones Russia used before in Syria were probably to send a warning to NATO of what could happen if they invade Syria but
    also to test the missiles in a real war and supervise its performance.

Attack Drones ,with very cheap technology and very cheap bombs is the most ideal way to counter terrorist , so they will not be aware of when Russian drones will be above them until is too late.

The Ottoman
    The Ottoman

Post  The Ottoman Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:56 am

Iran, Russia, Turkey should cooperate to bring peace to region

ANKARA, Aug. 13 (MNA) – Foreign Minister Zarif underlined the need for further trilateral cooperation between Iran, Turkey and Russia in fighting terrorism in the region. Speaking during the press conference with his Turkish counterpart Mevlut Cavusoglu, Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said the Islamic Republic was "delighted" to see Turkey starting new cooperation with Russia.

"We are also ready to cooperate and help. These three countries [Russia, Iran and Turkey] should work together to bring peace and prosperity to the region," Zarif said.

Syrian Civil War: News #9 - Page 6 2171257

Zarif also said Iran and Turkey should increase cooperation on tourism.

"We are ready to facilitate the connections of electricity, natural gas and energy lines to Turkey and Europe," Zarif said. "We are ready to do business with Turkey in that field."

Zarif also mentioned the foiled coup attempt and hailed the Turkish people for being "a reason for the region's people to feel proud".

"I would like to congratulate the Turkish people for the resistance they put up against the putschists," Zarif said. "They showed the other people in the region that they would not let their democracy and their rights to be taken away from them."

Zarif said ties between Iran and Turkey are "strong and permanent", adding that past relations provide lots of business opportunities for the two sides.

Highlighting the Syria issue, Zarif said Iran "has always had positive dialogues with Turkey on the Syria subject".

"We also have great ties with Russia on the issue and we believe that all parties must cooperate to provide security, peace and stop conflicts," Zarif said.

Cavusoglu also said that Turkey and Iran are "on the same page" about Syria's territorial integrity adding that dialogue between the countries never stopped.

"We stress the importance of Iran's constructive role in providing a permanent solution in Syria from the beginning," Cavusoglu said. "We say the same thing today."

Cavusoglu also mentioned that Turkey did not see "any difference between the PKK, PYD and PJAK", adding that these terrorist groups are a security threat to Iran and Turkey.

"We need to fight against those together," Cavusoglu said. "We will strengthen our cooperation level to provide peace and a permanent solution in Syria."

AA/MNA

http://en.mehrnews.com/news/118862/Iran-Russia-Turkey-should-cooperate-to-bring-peace-to-region
    Resistance

Post  Resistance Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:08 am

Vann7 wrote:

Why not use kalibrs?

For the same reason , Russia do not have as many aircraft carriers as Americans.
    and as many ballistic submarines as them. Because it cost a lot of money  $$$.

and because it will be overkill , imagine Russia using a 5 million dollar missile Iskander ,
    to kill a seminaked terrorist starving on foot with an ak-47 ,located in a mountain. Something they could do with a cheap sniper bullet of $1 dollar. and save $5 million. Iskanders like Kalibrs, are designed to evade NATO aegis defenses. and their numbers in Russia inventory is limited. in the case of Iskanders Russia have just hundred or bit more . So the last thing Russia will do is waste their best weapons in semi naked suicide bombers in Syria and later need to deal with a NATO war ,with their inventory almost empty. simply your best weapons are used against your more powerful enemies and Alqaeda or ISIS is not Russia more dangerous enemies. not even Turkey is. but US.

aside that using too much kalibrs pose the Risk of allowing NATO to spy and monitor and
    even capture technology from the missiles to analize it . the few ones Russia used before in Syria were probably to send a warning to NATO of what could happen if they invade Syria but
    also to test the missiles in a real war and supervise its performance.

Attack Drones ,with very cheap technology and very cheap bombs is the most ideal way to counter terrorist , so they will not be aware of when Russian drones will be above them until is too late.

IMO Smerch is more useful in counter insurgency. Range 90 km. 300 mm caliber. It's basically an unguided cruise missile.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:56 pm