Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+61
Odin of Ossetia
flamming_python
Vann7
arpakola
NationalRus
jhelb
Viktor
elevonic
higurashihougi
SturmGuard
Dima
chinggis
wilhelm
Erk
Bolt
KiloGolf
AlfaT8
Isos
Hannibal Barca
short_fuze
KoTeMoRe
franco
sepheronx
ultron
Boban
GarryB
zorobabel
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
Godric
Boshoed
Shadåw
Solncepek
par far
Neutrality
Karl Haushofer
Airbornewolf
Walther von Oldenburg
KomissarBojanchev
kvs
PapaDragon
Cyrus the great
Monarchist
zg18
max steel
auslander
DerWolf
BKP
TheArmenian
JohninMK
Big_Gazza
Zivo
VladimirSahin
magnumcromagnon
Aldin_Aba
OminousSpudd
Project Canada
Werewolf
Morpheus Eberhardt
George1
medo
HUNTER VZLA
65 posters

Syrian Civil War: News #6

GunshipDemocracy
    GunshipDemocracy

Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 12 Empty Re: Syrian Civil War: News #6

Post  GunshipDemocracy Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:52 pm

Cavusoglu: a plan ground operations in Saudi Arabia against ISIS in Syria yet
    Regarding the question of whether Saudi troops to enter Syrian territory from Turkey, Turkey's foreign Minister said that "it is only a desire"

http://tass.ru/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/2665183

I do not believe this would be a WW3. As long as Russian ICBMs can reach USA mainland´s evil HQ. Probable scenario is some conflict between Russia and Turkey/Saudis which lets Us blame Russia and set new sanctions to kill economy. Ukrop hot Crimea/Donbass also possible. Regardless on facts all to be blamed on Putin/Stalin/Russia.

Interesting would look when Iran delivers not only weapons like AGTMs and Iglas to Kurds...not to mention own resources.

I mentioned it before - the goal of sauds/turks is a mini Syria govt by bandits to breed terrorism and instability with US/NATO blessing
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:00 pm

par far wrote:The Kurds don't want to come South, they were asked to do so by the US and they said no because they did not want to liberate Arab lands that they would not be able to hold onto. The Kurdish Forces are working with the SAA and Russia(I think Russia is giving the Kurds weapons) to link up the East and West.
    Good if they do not want, my main objection about Kurdish advance (area under control) is due to the dirty murican hand inside the Kurdish sections. I dont want to see the SAA having to fight with the Kurdish forces after this counter-terrorist operation is over to regain control of Syrian territory. Just a bit of caution from me thats all.

Islamic World News ‏@A7_Mirza  3 hours ago
    #Allepo #حلب
    #SAA & Allies liberated #Tamurah in south of #Zahraa
    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 12 Syu37g9qvf51zcqzg

The 'Nimr' Tiger ‏@Souria4Syrians Feb 12
    GRAPHIC: SAA captures Tammurah quarries from sectarian "rebel" mercenaries in North Aleppo
    https://twitter.com/Souria4Syrians/status/698135847711985666
    par far

Post  par far Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:23 pm

Dima wrote:@ par far

Russia need to bring in their MiG-29SMTs as they have been in service for pretty good years and the pilots will be well versed with it.

Btw, is there anyone who believe (I'd already expressed it a few times earlier) that Russia needs to have a forward operating base in Iran to cater for the Saudi's and Qatari's in support of the Syrian counter-terrorist campaign and for supporting the Yemeni's?

The response to Saudi incursion near Syrian border should not be just to bolster the forces to fight the Saudi's along the Syrian border or inside Syria (in both of these cases anyway, Russia/Syria/Iran will act), but the response to such an escalation should be near the Saudi border and on Saudi soil/airspace!

One thing is for sure, once the Saudi's enter the ring, oil price will be rising, and once F-15 start falling out of sky due to technical error, the oil prices will shoot up further....it will progress as such...

I agree that Russia need to give the SAA MiG-29SMTs and the Yak-130's, it will keep the Turks, Saudis and the Jews in Israel honest.
    par far

Post  par far Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:24 pm

franco wrote:Multiple reports of Turkish army shelling Kurdish positions advancing on Azaz for past hour or so.

The Turks have been doing this for a while now but in recents they have stepped it up.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:25 pm

par far wrote:This can only happen once the war is over, they cannot do something like this right now because it could take of a lot of resources.

Which is my point exactly. For now all new goodies (ones they've ordered) can wait safely in Russia.
    par far

Post  par far Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:26 pm

Northern #Aleppo offensive spearheaded by T-90 tanks.

https://twitter.com/Ald_Aba

par far

Post  par far Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:28 pm

KiloGolf wrote:
    par far wrote:This can only happen once the war is over, they cannot do something like this right now because it could take of a lot of resources.

Which is my point exactly. For now all new goodies (ones they've ordered) can wait safely in Russia.

This is the best thing to do right now, once this war is ending, than Russia can start training SAA personnel on the new equipment.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 12 CbGtB-bWIAAzOWO

Photo of Turkish artillery's damage on Menagh airbase held by YPG.
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:33 pm

The reality of neighbors in this war should never be forgotten.
    The 'Nimr' Tiger ‏@Souria4Syrians Feb 9

When a Syrian soldier is wounded, he is treated in Syria

When a "Syrian rebel" is wounded, he is treated in Israel, Turkey or Jordan

The 'Nimr' Tiger ‏@Souria4Syrians  49 minutes ago
    SAA Suqour Al Sahraa soldier with his puppy in #Latakia
    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 12 CbGnHjKWAAA6F4G

Ivan Sidorenko ‏@IvanSidorenko1  19 hours ago
    #Syria #DeirEzZor New Photo From Republican Guard 104th Nafez Assad Allah Soldier, #SAA #SyrianRepublicanGuard
    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 12 CbCxcSGW8AQzRkc

Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Map from 11th Feb
    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 12 Ca9S3ayW0AATKpw

https://twitter.com/anfenglish
    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 12 Ca7GjvrWwAA3omC
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:39 pm

Militarov wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbGtB-bWIAAzOWO.jpg:large

Photo of Turkish artillery's damage on Menagh airbase held by YPG.
    There is very little that Russia/Syria can do in this situation other than to provide Kurdish forces some 2A65 Msta-B or Uragan to respond in kind to this Turkish agression.

Russia/Syria will not act untill the Turkeys have crossed the Syrian border and fired upon the Govt forces and hence make any call for NATO article for collective response in "defence" invalid.
    Boshoed
    Boshoed

Post  Boshoed Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:42 pm

par far wrote:Northern #Aleppo offensive spearheaded by T-90 tanks.

Is this the first combat footage we have of the T-90's in Syria?

Post  Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:44 pm

Boshoed wrote:
    par far wrote:Northern #Aleppo offensive spearheaded by T-90 tanks.

Is this the first combat footage we have of the T-90's in Syria?

Na, we had few before, mostly however featuring it for few seconds. And plenty of pics.
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:45 pm

par far wrote:
    KiloGolf wrote:

This is the best thing to do right now, once this war is ending, than Russia can start training SAA personnel on the new equipment.

Also the arrival of the new kit will ensure the viability of the Syrian state in the medium-long term.
    I am also sure the Russians upon their withdrawal will leave behind Hinds and Su 24 and 25s.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:52 pm

"Turkish official says there will be a 'massive escalation' in Syria over next 24 hours."

"Turkish officials confirm that country's military is targeting Kurdish-controlled positions across northern Syria."

Source: https://twitter.com/intlspectator
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:54 pm

Militarov wrote:"Turkish official says there will be a 'massive escalation' in Syria over next 24 hours."

"Turkish officials confirm that country's military is targeting Kurdish-controlled positions across northern Syria."

Good Lord. get ready for more of this:

Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:58 pm

@ Militarov
    So whats your opinion on what the allies should be doing and what available options are available to them??

My personal opinion regarding any escalation w.r.t boxing has been to wait untill the 11356 & 22350 have entered service. Atleast one each now, preferably after 4 of them have entered active service and deployed to the Syrian/mid-east theatre.

SAA Reporter ‏@Syria_Protector
    #SAA Tiger Forces with Love (pics)
    https://twitter.com/Ibra_Joudeh/status/698505951578603520
    Dima
    Dima

Post  Dima Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:00 pm

agitpapa ‏@agitpapa  8 hours ago
    Major development in Daraa: SAA about to take strategic old customs area seized by rats in 2013.
    Syrian Civil War: News #6 - Page 12 CbFQ2huW0AE8LB-
    par far

Post  par far Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:07 pm

Militarov wrote:"Turkish official says there will be a 'massive escalation' in Syria over next 24 hours."

I think this was coming, the coward Turks likely won't target the SAA but will go after the Kurds because they think that the Kurds are weak but the Turks will be in for a surprise. Also I think this is a good thing because the Kurds trust in the US will go down.

Last edited by par far on Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:08 pm

Dima wrote:@ Militarov
    So whats your opinion on what the allies should be doing and what available options are available to them??

My personal opinion regarding any escalation w.r.t boxing has been to wait untill the 11356 & 22350 have entered service. Atleast one each now, preferably after 4 of them have entered active service and deployed to the Syrian/mid-east theatre.

Huh, not much they can do atm. Russians can offer some air cover by air defence and those few fighters but that is not enough to protect Kurds and SAA assets on the ground if Turks and Saudis really decide to start full scale invasion of Syria. Russian ground assets are unexisting, so i assume that is the reason why Dol is leaving Black sea towards Syrian coast, to keep Turks in some kind of fear that they might strike their advancing forces, but again 8 cruise missiles is not much.

I guess SAA will have to assist Kurds now, i imagine they will have alot more in common than they did before.
    par far

Post  par far Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:13 pm

Militarov wrote:
    Dima wrote:@ Militarov

Huh, not much they can do atm. Russians can offer some air cover by air defence and those few fighters but that is not enough to protect Kurds and SAA assets on the ground if Turks and Saudis really decide to start full scale invasion of Syria. Russian ground assets are unexisting, so i assume that is the reason why Dol is leaving Black sea towards Syrian coast, to keep Turks in some kind of fear that they might strike their advancing forces, but again 8 cruise missiles is not much.

I guess SAA will have to assist Kurds now, i imagine they will have alot more in common than they did before.

This is very true and has become a reality now and by launching cruise missiles from the Caspian Sea, Russia showed that it can hit targets in Syria from long ranges, so Turks have to keep that in mind.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:16 pm

Video of Turkish shelling

Post  Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:24 pm

UK Defence Secretary Michael Fallon apparently said:

"Russia is deliberately targeting civilians in Syria and for that, it must pay a price"
    KiloGolf
    KiloGolf

Post  KiloGolf Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:27 pm

[quote="Militarov"]
    Dima wrote:so i assume that is the reason why Dol is leaving Black sea towards Syrian coast, to keep Turks in some kind of fear that they might strike their advancing forces, but again 8 cruise missiles is not much.

Add the 2 improved Kilos and 1 Buyan-M in BS fleet, plus 3 Buyan-M and 1 Gepard at Caspian. Conservatively assuming half of them are deployable.. say within 48h, this gives out quite a significant number of cruise missiles launched (24 or so); just from their Navy. And all of them can reach staging areas of turkish forces near the Azaz-Ierapolis area with no major problems.

What becomes clear today is now appallingly bad of a decision (or neglect) was not to "sizzle up" them later-batch Oscar SSGNs, even when they were being built in the mid-90s.
    Godric
    Godric

Post  Godric Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:30 pm

Militarov wrote:UK Defence Secretary Michael Fallon apparently said:

"Russia is deliberately targeting civilians in Syria and for that, it must pay a price"

Fallon is a arse kissing pr!ck and yank arse at that

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:47 pm