Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+78
lancelot
andalusia
Mir
ALAMO
Rasisuki Nebia
Podlodka77
Krepost
Arrow
Broski
Backman
Russian_Patriot_
RTN
flamming_python
gbu48098
The_Observer
TMA1
LMFS
AMCXXL
dino00
jhelb
Rodion_Romanovic
owais.usmani
wilhelm
walle83
runaway
chinggis
Tsavo Lion
verkhoturye51
zardof
Hole
BM-21
hoom
miroslav
rambo54
Rowdyhorse4
T-47
SeigSoloyvov
Kimppis
AlfaT8
marat
PapaDragon
JohninMK
George1
Benya
KiloGolf
JohnSnow
Ned86
Dima
Backinblack
franco
Mindstorm
ult
Isos
calripson
artjomh
Rmf
Book.
GunshipDemocracy
max steel
victor1985
kvs
coolieno99
Big_Gazza
KomissarBojanchev
GarryB
magnumcromagnon
Werewolf
navyfield
Mike E
zg18
Cyberspec
TheArmenian
TR1
Austin
Stealthflanker
Russian Patriot
Viktor
Admin
82 posters

Project 877/636: Kilo class SSK

AMCXXL
    AMCXXL

Project 877/636: Kilo class SSK - Page 31 Empty Re: Project 877/636: Kilo class SSK

Post  AMCXXL Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:04 am

From left: Pacific Fleet's Project 877 Paltus/Kilo-class diesel-electric attack submarine and two Project 06363/Improved Kilo-class diesel-electric attack submarines Volkhov (B-603) and Magadan (B-602) preparing for the Navy Day
    Project 877/636: Kilo class SSK - Page 31 F2Sf9kHXoAETjPY?format=jpg&name=large

GarryB, zardof, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Project 877/636: Kilo class SSK - Page 31 Empty Re: Project 877/636: Kilo class SSK

Post  lancelot Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:41 am

ALAMO wrote:South Korea was struggling for a while with something like a conventional ballistic missile carrier. And the missile was constructed on a base of ... Iskander.
    I would not discount the claims that South Korea could make their own nuclear subs. If France and the UK can have them, the South Koreans can also likely do it, if they wanted to. The South Koreans have the requisite steel and shipbuilding industries, and they also make their own civilian nuclear reactors i.e. APR-1400.

And yes, cooperation between Russia and South Korea in terms of weapon systems and advanced technology was quite significant. The South Koreans did joint development with Russia in what became the S-350 and KM-SAM, and they cloned the Iskander and Oniks. They launched the Naro rocket initially with an Angara first stage. So there was also cooperation in space launch technology.

The technology transfer was not all one way in exchange for money, I think, at one point in late 1990s at least there were other transfers. For example some of the chips designed by the Russian MIC were fabbed at Samsung.

ALAMO, owais.usmani and Broski like this post

Arrow

Post  Arrow Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:44 am

South Korea also assisted in the expansion of the Zvezda shipyard and the construction of gas carriers.

Big_Gazza, zardof, owais.usmani, lancelot and Broski like this post

Tolstoy
    Tolstoy

Post  Tolstoy Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:02 am

I do not understand why this avid Russia hating Slovak @Saturnax1 is often quoted on this forum. On his Twitter timeline he regularly bad mouths Russian military hardware.

Like most Slovaks this rascal can probably speak Russian (and like most Slovaks won't accept) so he sneaks into Russian forums copies all the images and analysis and then posts it on Twitter saying it is his own work.

What I find appalling is that despite the presence of so many Russians on twitter no one challenges the fake news that he spreads about Russian military industry.

GarryB, flamming_python and xeno like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:44 am

Like most Slovaks this rascal can probably speak Russian (and like most Slovaks won't accept) so he sneaks into Russian forums copies all the images and analysis and then posts it on Twitter saying it is his own work.

Perhaps the solution is for some Russian speaking patriot to find his sources and post them side by side with his bullshit spin to reveal the deception... but it sounds like a lot to do without getting paid for it.

But thanks for pointing that out, though his selection of flag choice makes him an unreliable source IMHO, much like that sutton guy some idolise.

Tolstoy likes this post

Tolstoy
    Tolstoy

Post  Tolstoy Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:59 am

GarryB wrote:Perhaps the solution is for some Russian speaking patriot to find his sources and post them side by side with his bullshit spin to reveal the deception... but it sounds like a lot to do without getting paid for it.

But thanks for pointing that out, though his selection of flag choice makes him an unreliable source IMHO, much like that sutton guy some idolise.
    Choice of flag can take a back seat, his nationality is enough to raise suspicion. He seems to be on western payroll and spreads disinformation about Russian ships, submarines. His target audience is the usual low IQ crowd - Arabs, Indians, Africans. Trying to dissuade them from purchasing Russia naval platforms. Tomorrow if any of these asian, african countries place order for a Russian system some west funded local media will use his tweets to question the purchase decision.

Slovaks are absolute scum. Maybe you never came across one.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:11 pm

Choice of flag can take a back seat, his nationality is enough to raise suspicion.

That he does not try to hide his bias is to his credit, but no reason to trust what he says in regard to Russian matters.

He seems to be on western payroll and spreads disinformation about Russian ships, submarines. His target audience is the usual low IQ crowd - Arabs, Indians, Africans.

Lets not pretend you can judge someone by their race or nationality... Navalny is Russian and clearly a criminal and a scumbag... and if the west are such high IQ superstars then why do they need to piss in anyone elses water well to sell their shit?

BTW I know some very smart people and some very low IQ people too and I can't say I prefer the smart people... they tend to be manipulators. The low IQ people I know who will admit to not being that smart are some of the more honest and trustworthy... they will help their friends and do charity work... the smart people I know just give a few dollars or nothing at all to help others and mostly think of themselves.

Of course there is the old saying that if someone gives you food during a famine then it is not a serious famine...

Trying to dissuade them from purchasing Russia naval platforms. Tomorrow if any of these asian, african countries place order for a Russian system some west funded local media will use his tweets to question the purchase decision.

Before BRICS third world countries had either the soviets/commies or the west... with the west offering freedom and peace and prosperity... but normally actually stealing resources and creating conflicts and wars so they could justify why those third world countries remain third world after all these decades of western "help"... which of course has been the west helping itself.

The mineral wealth of Africa... they should be rich, but it has all been stolen... and they know it... but the Soviets were focussed on surviving against the west and any country that turned to them got isolated by the west and blockaded or as they say... contained.

Now countries are getting together... even as it stands BRICS contains all the technology and knowhow and money and potential of the west, but without the strings and demands... without the colonialism to keep them in their place.

As they join BRICS the hold the west has on them will weaken, but as Russia and China well know the west controls a lot of powerful international organisations which they are happy to use against anyone that does not behave to their rules.

As more countries join BRICS it is going to open up trade routes around the world and no doubt the west will use their navies and their bases around the world to interfere so these new countries buying new ships and subs will be important for their own development and protection and growth, but the increase in international trade is likely to pay for that... they certainly wont be looking to the west for weapons as they continue to oppose BRICS...

I try not to lump all people of a country into one group... I just take them as they are.

There are Poles and Englishmen and Americans and Indians that I have respect and time for... even a few Aussies and French people.

When I was at University I met an Italian doing work and quite a few Chinese and Maori students that I particularly got on rather well with... it was something I really enjoyed about my time at university actually... meeting the different people from different places.

Hole likes this post

AMCXXL
    AMCXXL

Post  AMCXXL Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:18 am

Vladivostok area got new image
    There are 8 SSK in Ulysses Bay.
    I really couldn't say which are the 3 Varshavyanka´s that have so far reached the Pacific.
    It is expected that in the coming months the 4th will arrive, (the Ufa)

Project 877/636: Kilo class SSK - Page 31 F3FKOS_XcAENLxL?format=jpg&name=large
    https://twitter.com/benreuter_IMINT/status/1689213101055279104?s=20

GarryB, George1, zardof, Hole and Broski like this post

AMCXXL
    AMCXXL

Post  AMCXXL Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:58 pm

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/4742409.html
    Submarine "Mozhaisk" entered the factory sea trials
    As reported, on August 23, 2023, for the first time, a large diesel-electric submarine B-608 Mozhaisk (serial number 01618) of project 06363, built for the Russian Navy in St. (part of JSC United Shipbuilding Corporation - USC). This is the fifth of six Project 06363 submarines under construction for the Pacific Fleet. The large diesel-electric submarine B-608 "Mozhaisk" (serial number 01618) of project 06363, built by JSC "Admiralty Shipyards" for the Pacific Fleet, is entering the factory sea trials in the Baltic Sea from St. Petersburg, 23.08.2023 (c) Alexey Akentiev

Project 877/636: Kilo class SSK - Page 31 10345523_original

Project 877/636: Kilo class SSK - Page 31 10345775_1000

franco, George1, zardof, LMFS, Hole, Mir and Krepost like this post

limb

Post  limb Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:34 am

Can the rostov on don be repaired?
    kumbor

Post  kumbor Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:22 am

Damage is very substantial. One missile hit the complement room, opening a large hole in the hull, probably damaging batteries, messing the compartment thoroughly, maybe with secondary fire and explosions. The hit in the reload torpedo/missile room maybe has not perforated the rigid hull, but provoked throughout damage anyway. Refit is possible, but very difficult and costly and it is probably wiser to build a new submarine.

owais.usmani likes this post

gc3762

Post  gc3762 Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:24 am

https://smoothiex12.blogspot.com/2023/09/back-to-rostov-on-don.html

MOSCOW, September 25. /TASS/. The damage received on September 13 by the Rostov-on-Don submarine of the Black Sea Fleet (BSF) is not critical and will not lead to a significant increase in the time it spends under scheduled repairs. A source in the military-industrial complex reported this to TASS. “The submarine has minor damage that did not affect its robust (hard--my note) hull. Eliminating them can only slightly increase the time the submarine is undergoing scheduled repairs,” he said. On September 13, Ukraine launched a cruise missile attack on the Sevastopol Marine Plant, where two ships were being repaired. As the Russian Ministry of Defense reported on the same day, two naval ships damaged as a result of the strike “will be fully restored and will continue to serve in combat as part of their fleets.” As the agency's interlocutor clarified, the planned repair of the Rostov-on-Don submarine at Sevmorzavod was supposed to last several months.

Minor damage doomsayers.

GarryB, xeno, Big_Gazza, kvs, LMFS, Hole, Mir and Broski like this post

kumbor

Post  kumbor Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:11 am

As I am a profoundly interested amateur, Russophile from Serbia and married to a Russian spouse, I grieve very much for the damage inflicted on one of the modern SSKs in BSF by the savage enemy.

Presuming two hits of Storm Shadow missiles (?), each with a 1000lbs tandem warhead, it is impossible to call this damage "minor". The rigid hull in the area of, I think "crew compartment" has a large hole and hull plating bent outwards suggesting serious internal damage. Luckily, the damage in the bows (presumably torpedo room?) looks not so severe, as it seems that the rigid hull has not been penetrated. Moreover, a big fire in the area of the Sevastopol refit facility may have damaged dry docks, making repairs even more difficult. The area can also be a target for future attacks by Ukropi forces. I am surprised with "Авос пронесёт" thinking of some navymen, that can lead to further revival of the "Tsushima Syndrome", plaguing Russian navy for over a century. russia

Anyway, I wish you be repaired and "six feet under your keel", Rostov.
    gc3762

Post  gc3762 Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:14 am

You do realise the images were fake, propaganda?

Last edited by gc3762 on Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SPELLING)

GarryB, kvs and LMFS like this post

kumbor

Post  kumbor Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:37 am

Where i can find real photos, that are not fake, then! A lack of truthful information can lead only to more Ukrainian lies.
    Backman
    Backman

Post  Backman Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:51 pm

gc3762 wrote:You do realise the images were fake, propaganda?

Some on the pro Russia side say they are real. Some on the pro Russia side say they are fake.

Close up pics of a submarine like this should never make it on social media either way.

kvs likes this post

limb

Post  limb Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:50 pm

kumbor wrote:
    As I am a profoundly interested amateur, Russophile from Serbia and married to a Russian spouse, I grieve very much for the damage inflicted on one of the modern SSKs in BSF by the savage enemy.

Presuming two hits of Storm Shadow missiles (?), each with a 1000lbs tandem warhead, it is impossible to call this damage "minor". The rigid hull in the area of, I think "crew compartment" has a large hole and hull plating bent outwards suggesting serious internal damage. Luckily, the damage in the bows (presumably torpedo room?) looks not so severe, as it seems that the rigid hull has not been penetrated. Moreover, a big fire in the area of the Sevastopol refit facility may have damaged dry docks, making repairs even more difficult. The area can also be a target for future attacks by Ukropi forces. I am surprised with "Авос пронесёт" thinking of some navymen, that can lead to further revival of the "Tsushima Syndrome", plaguing Russian navy for over a century. russia

Anyway, I wish you be repaired and "six feet under your keel", Rostov.

Proof that it was storm shadow hits? 2 missiles with 250+kg warheads should do much more damage than just 2 holes.

GarryB, Big_Gazza and owais.usmani like this post

limb

Post  limb Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:51 pm

gc3762 wrote:https://smoothiex12.blogspot.com/2023/09/back-to-rostov-on-don.html

MOSCOW, September 25. /TASS/. The damage received on September 13 by the Rostov-on-Don submarine of the Black Sea Fleet (BSF) is not critical and will not lead to a significant increase in the time it spends under scheduled repairs. A source in the military-industrial complex reported this to TASS. “The submarine has minor damage that did not affect its robust (hard--my note) hull. Eliminating them can only slightly increase the time the submarine is undergoing scheduled repairs,” he said. On September 13, Ukraine launched a cruise missile attack on the Sevastopol Marine Plant, where two ships were being repaired. As the Russian Ministry of Defense reported on the same day, two naval ships damaged as a result of the strike “will be fully restored and will continue to serve in combat as part of their fleets.” As the agency's interlocutor clarified, the planned repair of the Rostov-on-Don submarine at Sevmorzavod was supposed to last several months.

Minor damage doomsayers.

Tass jocolor

owais.usmani likes this post

limb

Post  limb Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:53 pm

kumbor wrote:
    Damage is very substantial. One missile hit the complement room, opening a large hole in the hull, probably damaging batteries, messing the compartment thoroughly, maybe with secondary fire and explosions. The hit in the reload torpedo/missile room maybe has not perforated the rigid hull, but provoked throughout damage anyway. Refit is possible, but very difficult and costly and it is probably wiser to build a new submarine.
    This is a modern submarine caoable of launching calibers. It should be repaired. Theres no such thing as sunk cost fallacy.

Big_Gazza likes this post

gc3762

Post  gc3762 Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:33 pm

limb wrote:

Tass jocolor

It was from an article which I posted the link to by Andrei Martyanov who quoted TASS I think because they referenced repair time.

Of course I don't read TASS give me a break. lol1

limb likes this post

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Post  JohninMK Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:14 am

Project 877/636: Kilo class SSK - Page 31 F7ldauNWoAAKbXQ?format=jpg&name=medium
    ALAMO

Post  ALAMO Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:45 am

Looks like massing firepower in other sea if you ask me Twisted Evil

GarryB likes this post

Hole
    Hole

Post  Hole Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:52 pm

Oh no, only two ships remain in the theater... affraid
    Well, as typical western shills we don´t mention all the land-based aircraft and missile systems or the fact that a MiG-31K can hit anything in
    the eastern part of the Med with an Kinzhal missile within a few minutes. Rolling Eyes

GarryB, Big_Gazza, kvs, Broski and Belisarius like this post

lancelot
    lancelot

Post  lancelot Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:00 pm

The Project 20380 "Mercury" got there recently. It has way more firepower than the submarine.

GarryB and kvs like this post

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:37 pm

Where i can find real photos, that are not fake, then! A lack of truthful information can lead only to more Ukrainian lies.

Do you think real photos of any damage would be released?

The images released showed two relatively small holes in the hull in different places.... pretending they were two direct penetrating hits by missiles with a 250kg plus HE warhead is ridiculous...

American anti ship missile testing shows the effect of the impact of a Harpoon with a warhead of less than 250kgs...

Project 877/636: Kilo class SSK - Page 31 Agm-8410

The thing about submarines is that they are designed to contain pressure under tremendous external force, but when you put the pressure inside they are not so well designed to contain the explosion. (containing an internal explosion means increasing internal pressure essentially killing the crew inside at the time so that is not a good thing.)

Big_Gazza, kvs and Belisarius like this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 4:51 pm