Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Share
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2583
    Points : 2621
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  franco on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:32 pm

    ^^^This would also explain the inactivity of the 8-10,000 Hezbollah / Iranian mercenaries fighting in Aleppo the past couple of weeks. ^^^
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 1570
    Points : 1608
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:02 pm

    franco wrote:^^^This would also explain the inactivity of the 8-10,000 Hezbollah / Iranian mercenaries fighting in Aleppo the past couple of weeks. ^^^


    Just my 2 kopecks here:

    1) what article source pls. IMHO Israeli and Q8 press is really not the best source of true info.

    2) Pantisr 1 has been in Syrian Military around for couple of years, no wonder that can station there.

    3) Second if Iran has mercenaries then any western soldier being paid is in fact a mercenary (whole l nato BTW Smile
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2583
    Points : 2621
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  franco on Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:37 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    franco wrote:^^^This would also explain the inactivity of the 8-10,000 Hezbollah / Iranian mercenaries fighting in Aleppo the past couple of weeks. ^^^


    Just my 2 kopecks here:

    1) what article source pls. IMHO Israeli and Q8 press is really not the best source of true info.

    Russian sources also commenting on it but agreed there are questions.

    2) Pantisr 1 has been in Syrian Military around for couple of years, no wonder that can station there.

    Panstir's were sold to Iran, not for Hezbollah in Lebanon

    3) Second if Iran has mercenaries then any western soldier being paid is in fact a mercenary (whole l nato BTW  Smile

    Not regular Iranian army so volunteers if that makes you happier but most are actually mercenaries so yeah
    avatar
    max steel

    Posts : 2968
    Points : 2999
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  max steel on Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:52 pm

    cite some russian sources israeli right wing media outlets are hardly reliable.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 1570
    Points : 1608
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:48 pm

    franco wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    franco wrote:^^^This would also explain the inactivity of the 8-10,000 Hezbollah / Iranian mercenaries fighting in Aleppo the past couple of weeks. ^^^
    [

    Just my 2 kopecks here:

    1) what article source pls. IMHO Israeli and Q8 press is really not the best source of true info.

    Russian sources also commenting on it but agreed there are questions.


    And Russian sources are referring to what source exactly? BTW in Russian media surely there´s no V-column and Israeli agents of influence vide. Nosik or whle Ekho of Moscow Smile



    franco wrote:
    2) Pantisr 1 has been in Syrian Military around for couple of years, no wonder that can station there.

    Panstir's were sold to Iran, not for Hezbollah in Lebanon

    Were sold to Syria
    [/quote]

    Actually to Syria who is the owner of Golan Heights, currently under temporary Jewish State´s occupation.




    franco wrote:
    3) Second if Iran has mercenaries then any western soldier being paid is in fact a mercenary (whole l nato BTW  Smile

    Not regular Iranian army so volunteers if that makes you happier but most are actually mercenaries so yeah
    [/quote]

    yup exactly like most of Jewish/US or any other "free world" armies Smile In Saudi or Q8 there are only actually mercenaries Smile
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2583
    Points : 2621
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  franco on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:14 pm

    Article posted above is a goggle translation of a post from a Russian Site. The rest we wait and see.
    avatar
    GunshipDemocracy

    Posts : 1570
    Points : 1608
    Join date : 2015-05-17
    Location : fishin on Stalin´s Strait between Mexico and Canada

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  GunshipDemocracy on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:24 am

    franco wrote:Article posted above is a goggle translation of a post from a Russian Site. The rest we wait and see.

    I would love to see a link though Smile
    avatar
    franco

    Posts : 2583
    Points : 2621
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  franco on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:53 pm

    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    franco wrote:Article posted above is a goggle translation of a post from a Russian Site. The rest we wait and see.

    I would love to see a link though Smile

    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://in24.org/politics/21143&usg=ALkJrhiwhBi5jtLEDLw3K8G8AcWLqbQlag
    avatar
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7252
    Points : 7546
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 28
    Location : Canada

    Thought there was a Sale of S-300's to Iran thread but cannot locate so will put this here.

    Post  sepheronx on Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:26 pm

    franco wrote:
    GunshipDemocracy wrote:
    franco wrote:Article posted above is a goggle translation of a post from a Russian Site. The rest we wait and see.

    I would love to see a link though Smile

    https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://in24.org/politics/21143&usg=ALkJrhiwhBi5jtLEDLw3K8G8AcWLqbQlag
    The article quotes JPost.

    Nothing reliable.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10517
    Points : 10994
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  George1 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:31 pm

    Problems in the implementation of the contract with Iran for the supply of S-300PMU-2

    They are related to the proposed Iranian negotiators payment mechanism transactions, the cost of which exceeds $ 1 billion. On the suspension of the Russian-Iranian contract for the supply of systems S-300PMU-2 Kuwaiti newspaper "Al-Jarida" wrote on 6 March. Citing its own sources, the publication said: Russian President Vladimir Putin has received from the Israeli evidence transferring Iranian arms, in particular anti-aircraft missile and gun systems "Pantsyr-S1" and anti-ship missiles such as "Yakhont" to Lebanese group "Hezbollah", and then ordered to freeze the deal.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1782641.html

    so the transfer has been cancelled again?


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    AlfaT8

    Posts : 1384
    Points : 1385
    Join date : 2013-02-02

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  AlfaT8 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:43 pm

    George1 wrote:Problems in the implementation of the contract with Iran for the supply of S-300PMU-2

    They are related to the proposed Iranian negotiators payment mechanism transactions, the cost of which exceeds $ 1 billion. On the suspension of the Russian-Iranian contract for the supply of systems S-300PMU-2 Kuwaiti newspaper "Al-Jarida" wrote on 6 March. Citing its own sources, the publication said: Russian President Vladimir Putin has received from the Israeli evidence transferring Iranian arms, in particular anti-aircraft missile and gun systems "Pantsyr-S1" and anti-ship missiles such as "Yakhont" to Lebanese group "Hezbollah", and then ordered to freeze the deal.

    http://bmpd.livejournal.com/1782641.html

    so the transfer has been cancelled again?

    Info is coming from Israel, i smell desperation, anyway we haven't heard anything from either Russia or Iran so we're assuming that everything is still on course.

    BTW these weapon transfers happened before and it was to Syria not Hezbollah, and even if it was it's unlikely that Russia would give a damn.

    par far

    Posts : 1458
    Points : 1617
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  par far on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:57 pm

    When will the military sanctions on Iran be lifted? How long is that?

    JohninMK

    Posts : 5036
    Points : 5099
    Join date : 2015-06-16
    Location : England

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  JohninMK on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:04 pm

    par far wrote:When will the military sanctions on Iran be lifted? How long is that?
    Any military sanctions that might be in place are not affecting this deal.

    If this report is true, it is the reported side deal between Russia and Israel, that Russia will not supply Hesbolah with advanced weapon systems, that is being used as the reason to stop supply.
    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5669
    Points : 6312
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  Viktor on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:10 pm

    par far wrote:When will the military sanctions on Iran be lifted? How long is that?

    5 years from now, but there is a provision in the contract which states that if IAEA confirms all nuclear feasible material in Iran has been destroyed or taken out of the country

    weapons sanctions can be terminated even earlier Very Happy

    Deal is still on but due to currency turbulence I bet they have some misunderstanding that will be settled shortly.

    par far

    Posts : 1458
    Points : 1617
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  par far on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:46 pm

    JohninMK wrote:
    par far wrote:When will the military sanctions on Iran be lifted? How long is that?
    Any military sanctions that might be in place are not affecting this deal.

    If this report is true, it is the reported side deal between Russia and Israel, that Russia will not supply Hesbolah with advanced weapon systems, that is being used as the reason to stop supply.


    I don't know why Russia needs to make "side deals" with the Jews, if it is in the interests of Russia, just do it.


    par far

    Posts : 1458
    Points : 1617
    Join date : 2014-06-26

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  par far on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:47 pm

    Viktor wrote:
    par far wrote:When will the military sanctions on Iran be lifted? How long is that?

    5 years from now, but there is a provision in the contract which states that if IAEA confirms all nuclear feasible material in Iran has been destroyed or taken out of the country

    weapons sanctions can be terminated even earlier Very Happy

    Deal is still on but due to currency turbulence I bet they have some misunderstanding that will be settled shortly.

    Thanks for the information Viktor.

    Here's a video explaining on what happening with the arms deals with Iran.

    https://southfront.org/iran-military-and-technical-cooperation-after-sanctions/


    avatar
    magnumcromagnon

    Posts : 4489
    Points : 4662
    Join date : 2013-12-05
    Location : Pindos ave., Pindosville, Pindosylvania, Pindostan

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  magnumcromagnon on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:38 pm

    avatar
    crod

    Posts : 127
    Points : 152
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  crod on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:09 am


    Until I see them on the ground on Iranian soil I wont believe the deal is going ahead.

    It is becoming farcical to say the very least. What purpose would such a story serve? If they refer to an issue and that appears to be BS what was gained by it? Iran would still obtain the systems and those living in Israel would feel doubly duped; systems in Iran and given a false sense of security that Israel somehow prevented the deal.

    I don't buy it, something yet again is a foot here with this deal.
    avatar
    George1

    Posts : 10517
    Points : 10994
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  George1 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:38 pm

    Russia to deliver first batch of S-300 systems to Iran in August or September

    More:
    http://tass.ru/en/defense/861580

    Answering a question on whether it will be a PMU-1, he noted: "Yes, they gave the conditions, and said they need only an S-300 PMU-1." "We suggested an Antey-2500, but they said no, give us the S-300," Chemezov went on. "Essentially, it’s the last system that we will deliver, and then yes, after that it probably won’t be produced anymore," he added.


    _________________
    "There's no smoke without fire.", Georgy Zhukov

    avatar
    mack8

    Posts : 957
    Points : 1017
    Join date : 2013-08-02

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  mack8 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:03 pm

    For what it's worth, according to this article the first delivery should happen in the next few days.
    http://www.interfax.ru/russia/502079

    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5669
    Points : 6312
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  Viktor on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:48 pm

    avatar
    crod

    Posts : 127
    Points : 152
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  crod on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:30 pm

    I cannot read the link, does this mean 300 not happening now while this deal is negotiated?
    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5669
    Points : 6312
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  Viktor on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:51 pm

    crod wrote:
    I cannot read the link, does this mean 300 not happening now while this deal is negotiated?

    This would represent a separate deal.
    avatar
    crod

    Posts : 127
    Points : 152
    Join date : 2009-08-04

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  crod on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:01 pm

    Viktor wrote:
    crod wrote:
    I cannot read the link, does this mean 300 not happening now while this deal is negotiated?

    This would represent a separate deal.

    Ty Victor. Well I guess should that come to pass, it will shit some people to tears and put some regional airforces up the shitter.
    avatar
    Viktor

    Posts : 5669
    Points : 6312
    Join date : 2009-08-25
    Age : 36
    Location : Croatia

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  Viktor on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:17 pm

    crod wrote:Ty Victor. Well I guess should that come to pass, it will shit some people to tears and put some regional airforces up the shitter.

    In a few years time Iran will start to receive advanced Russian weapons en masse thumbsup

    Rogozin: problematic issues on deliveries of S-300 to Iran is not

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russia-Iran S-300 missile systems deal

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:44 pm