Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+55
Broski
mnrck
lancelot
teh_beard
Krepost
Autodestruct
Russian_Patriot_
ALAMO
Azi
par far
slasher
limb
calripson
LMFS
Kiko
Scorpius
PapaDragon
franco
owais.usmani
PhSt
Nibiru
dino00
Hole
Rmf
miketheterrible
zg18
Book.
Godric
sepheronx
higurashihougi
JohninMK
A Different Voice
George1
OminousSpudd
Cowboy's daughter
Firebird
Walther von Oldenburg
Werewolf
medo
AlfaT8
magnumcromagnon
Karl Haushofer
Project Canada
kvs
ExBeobachter1987
KoTeMoRe
Khepesh
flamming_python
Cyberspec
KomissarBojanchev
TheArmenian
ekacipta021292
GarryB
Viktor
Admin
59 posters

Russian Agriculture News

George1
    George1

Russian Agriculture News - Page 3 Empty Re: Russian Agriculture News

Post  George1 Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Grain crops in Russia to be over 100 million tonnes
    Project Canada

Post  Project Canada Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:02 pm

George1 wrote:Grain crops in Russia to be over 100 million tonnes

Question, Did Russia already maxed-out its total number of arable areas suitable for agriculture? or can they develop new agricultural areas somewhere within the country?
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Project Canada wrote:

Question, Did Russia already maxed-out its total number of arable areas suitable for agriculture? or can they develop new agricultural areas somewhere within the country?

I'm no expert but I would guess they are barely scratching the surface...
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Project Canada wrote:

If you cross the border from Finland to Russia you can see that there are lots of fields that were used to agriculture in the Soviet period that are now unused. So at least in northwestern Russia there is more potential for agriculture.
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Project Canada wrote:

Not even close. I read somewhere that Russia uses currently 40% of its arable land and hence why they have moved towards land lease with countries like North Korea and China. I imagine in the future, NK will be given extra amount of land lease land to cultivate for their demands, as NK needs it and extra money is good (as well as expanding cooperation with each other.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:21 pm

sepheronx wrote:
    Project Canada wrote:

Not even close. I read somewhere that Russia uses currently 40% of its arable land and hence why they have moved towards land lease with countries like North Korea and China. I imagine in the future, NK will be given extra amount of land lease land to cultivate for their demands, as NK needs it and extra money is good (as well as expanding cooperation with each other.

I don't think they're using even 40% of the arable land, most likely less because less land is being cultivated than in Soviet times, plus with the warming of the world climate we may end up seeing massive areas of tundra becoming arable land.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:45 pm

Folks you gotta read this, content is even better than the title! russia

''Russian Exports Eroding US's Position as Top Dog in Global Wheat Sales

http://sputniknews.com/business/20150906/1026658558/russia-us-wheat-sales.html
    AlfaT8
    AlfaT8

Post  AlfaT8 Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:41 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Folks you gotta read this, content is even better than the title! russia

''Russian Exports Eroding US's Position as Top Dog in Global Wheat Sales

http://sputniknews.com/business/20150906/1026658558/russia-us-wheat-sales.html

Wow, U.S share of world grain market has been cut in half, damn. Suspect
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:19 am

http://www.naturalnews.com/051068_Russia_Agenda_21_self-sufficiency.html

Russian officials propose bill to grant every citizen one hectare of farm and forest land to use for self-sufficiency

The Pacific Rim of Russia could soon see a mass migration of young people if a government scheme to repopulate this largely uninhabited area is successful. In an effort to promote self-reliance and good land stewardship, the Russian government is planning to grant every Russian citizen who wants it one hectare of land for free as long as these landholders use their land for farming, self-sufficiency, and/or other legal uses.

Russia's vast Far East territory is currently home to about six million people, but this number has been waning in recent years. The Russian government estimates that once the land grant program is initiated, 30 million more people could flock to the region, infusing new life into an area of Russia that would otherwise qualify as uninhabited Siberia.

"Free land grants [are] a powerful potential for developing our Eastern territories and an opportunity to radically -- almost six fold -- increase the far eastern population from 6.4 million to 36 million people," stated Alexander Galushka, the minister of development for this region, to the Siberian Times about the program.

If everything goes as planned, the program will come into effect on January 1, 2016, and run for 19 years. Russian citizens who take residency on these appropriated land plots will have to prove during the first five years that they're using them properly. After this five-year probationary period, land occupants will be given full ownership of their land in perpetuity.

(.........)
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:31 am

If only I was a Russian citizen. I know my wife and her family did farming back home, and with our very small plot of land here, we do gardening. If I had such amount of land, I would move, definitely, and plant fruit tree's as well as grow various vegetables and raspberry bushes. I know we would take full advantage of the land. Would build a decent dacha and garage for my work.

But of course, I can always dream.
    Karl Haushofer

Post  Karl Haushofer Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:50 am

sepheronx wrote:If only I was a Russian citizen.  I know my wife and her family did farming back home, and with our very small plot of land here, we do gardening.  If I had such amount of land, I would move, definitely, and plant fruit tree's as well as grow various vegetables and raspberry bushes.  I know we would take full advantage of the land.  Would build a decent dacha and garage for my work.

If you seriously want to move to Russia I'm sure you can get the Russian citizenship rather easily since you have Russian background and know the language, and you are fairly young too. Isn't Russia trying to get this type of people moving to Russia from abroad?
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:29 am

Russian dairy production up 26% in year after food embargo – Putin
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:00 am

Karl Haushofer wrote:
    sepheronx wrote:If only I was a Russian citizen.  I know my wife and her family did farming back home, and with our very small plot of land here, we do gardening.  If I had such amount of land, I would move, definitely, and plant fruit tree's as well as grow various vegetables and raspberry bushes.  I know we would take full advantage of the land.  Would build a decent dacha and garage for my work.

If you seriously want to move to Russia I'm sure you can get the Russian citizenship rather easily since you have Russian background and know the language, and you are fairly young too. Isn't Russia trying to get this type of people moving to Russia from abroad?

My knowledge of the language is pretty much nill. I have some understanding but I gotta re-learn it (no one besides maybe my parents speak it fairly well). But I am interested (as soon as I have time) to do it. But my understanding is that these programs are for Russians in Russia.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:55 pm

Monsanto won't like it, heh heh.

http://www.rt.com/politics/315844-government-decides-to-ban-gmo/

Govt decides to ban GMO food production in Russia – deputy PM

A senior Russian government member told reporters the cabinet decided that any food production in the country will completely exclude any genetically-modified organisms or parts thereof.

“As far as genetically-modified organisms are concerned, we have made decision not to use any GMO in food productions,” Deputy PM Arkady Dvorkovich said at an international conference on biotechnology in the Russian city of Kirov.

At the same time the official emphasized that there was a very clear line between this decision and the development of science, medicine and some other branches.

“This is not a simple issue, we must do very thorough work on division on these spheres and form a legal base on this foundation,” he said.
    medo
    medo

Post  medo Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:18 pm

higurashihougi wrote:Monsanto won't like it, heh heh.

A senior Russian government member told reporters the cabinet decided that any food production in the country will completely exclude any genetically-modified organisms or parts thereof.

“As far as genetically-modified organisms are concerned, we have made decision not to use any GMO in food productions,” Deputy PM Arkady Dvorkovich said at an international conference on biotechnology in the Russian city of Kirov.

At the same time the official emphasized that there was a very clear line between this decision and the development of science, medicine and some other branches.

“This is not a simple issue, we must do very thorough work on division on these spheres and form a legal base on this foundation,” he said.

This is excellent decision. Russia will be able to sell their food for higher prices, because it is not GMO, but natural. Russia have a lot of space to produce more food and sell it around the World. Even US and EU will buy it to have healthy and natural food.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:08 pm

medo wrote:
    higurashihougi wrote:Monsanto won't like it, heh heh.

This is excellent decision. Russia will be able to sell their food for higher prices, because it is not GMO, but natural. Russia have a lot of space to produce more food and sell it around the World. Even US and EU will buy it to have healthy and natural food.

Here is the funny thing:

Idea behind GMO crops is to create plants that have high yield are resistant to disease and are capable of surviving and thriving in poor quality soil and with low amount of water.
    These GMO crops have not been invented at all!!! They simply do not exist.

What Monsanto and other vultures and snake-oil salesmen have done is that they tried  to create real functional GMO crops and have failed miserably.

Instead they created frankensteinian abominations which have slightly higher yield but whose immune system has been completely compromised as a side effect of genetic manipulation.

These plants require enormous amount of pesticides and other chemicals just to keep them alive. They have created botanical equivalent of human in terminal stage of AIDS.

And guess who sells these chemicals and pesticides? That is right, Monsanto. They make their money of chemicals not GMO seeds.  

And once farmers start using these chemicals they render farmland toxic for normal plants, only GMOs can survive afterwards.

Basically it is the ultimate extortion racket. They claim to sell things that do not exists and are making a killing by selling poison and turning farmers into an equivalent of drug addicts!!!

I personally look forward to the day when Real GMO crops are invented. They will create agricultural revolution in places like Mexico, Africa, Australia and other desolate regions. One day these Real GMO crops will enable mankind to grow food on Mars and other planets. It will be amazing scientific accomplishment when it happens.thumbsup

Russia has plenty of quality soil and would not need GMO crops even when Real GMO crops are invented one day. They have hit the jackpot when it comes to agriculture.russia
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:08 am

Russia has good soil but it does not have good climate. The winter is long and cold. Amount of rain is not extremely high.

Russian climate is good for cultivating wheat. Not too much rain enable Russia to manufacture the super super high grade white grain which is exported to France.

But it is not 100% suitable for things like vegetables, fruit trees, milk cow, due to f**king cold winter. Russia used to import fruits from Europe.

The issue here is that, Europe is not the only one can produce fruit. Russia's allies, like China, North Korea, Brasil. They have what Russia needs.

Another reason for Russia to turn East.

Just my 2 cent. pwnd pwnd
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:11 am

higurashihougi wrote:Russia has good soil but it does not have good climate. The winter is long and cold. Amount of rain is not extremely high.

Russian climate is good for cultivating wheat. Not too much rain enable Russia to manufacture the super super high grade white grain which is exported to France.

But it is not 100% suitable for things like vegetables, fruit trees, milk cow, due to f**king cold winter. Russia used to import fruits from Europe.

The issue here is that, Europe is not the only one can produce fruit. Russia's allies, like China, North Korea, Brasil. They have what Russia needs.

Just my 2 cent. pwnd pwnd

Southern regions of Russia are not bad. Hence why Sochi, Crimea and south towards Chechnya are great for fruit cultivation and grapes for wines.

Now it is the northern territories are getting large amounts of greenhouses.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:42 am

Actually it is rather worse than that....

Monsanto GM seeds produce plants that don't produce seed, so when you sign up for Monsanto seed you sign up to say you wont buy any other seed... you can't get see from the plants you grow so your only source of seed... is monsanto.

Another trick is that these GM crops have a genetic signature so any seed blows over the boundary of your field into the neighbours field and Monsanto will come a calling wanting payment for any seed that germinate... they can prove genetically it is theirs, you can't prove you didn't plant it yourself... sign or we will sue you. In other words sign up to buy only monsanto seed and grow monsanto crops ONLY or be made bankrupt in the courts.

even worse... imagine you start using monsanto seed and all your neighbours start using the same because that is the way the wind blows... what happens when the US decides to impose sanctions on your country for whatever reason? You can't buy the seed from anyone else and nothing else will now grow on your land...

Who would even consider this GM crap?

The issue is not who can grow what... the issue is who uses sanctions as a weapon and how do you protect yourself from that weapon... the answer is the one you arrived at above... China, Brazil, NK etc etc.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:12 am

GarryB wrote:Actually it is rather worse than that....

Monsanto GM seeds produce plants that don't produce seed, so when you sign up for Monsanto seed you sign up to say you wont buy any other seed... you can't get see from the plants you grow so your only source of seed... is monsanto.

Another trick is that these GM crops have a genetic signature so any seed blows over the boundary of your field into the neighbours field and Monsanto will come a calling wanting payment for any seed that germinate... they can prove genetically it is theirs, you can't prove you didn't plant it yourself... sign or we will sue you. In other words sign up to buy only monsanto seed and grow monsanto crops ONLY or be made bankrupt in the courts.

even worse... imagine you start using monsanto seed and all your neighbours start using the same because that is the way the wind blows... what happens when the US decides to impose sanctions on your country for whatever reason? You can't buy the seed from anyone else and nothing else will now grow on your land...

Who would even consider this GM crap?

The issue is not who can grow what... the issue is who uses sanctions as a weapon and how do you protect yourself from that weapon... the answer is the one you arrived at above... China, Brazil, NK etc etc.

GMO's are the pinnacle of slavery. I do not know how people allow this to happen. It's the single most severe alteration of an Ecosystem. I do not know what mongrel of a mother has bred the generation of politicians that allow this crap, but she seems always pregnant to the throat.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:27 am

Indians are already in full slavery of that Monsanto death seed, there is no other seeds for them to buy on the market,many people with disease because of their pestizid crap. The entire indian cotton plantages are all monsanto shit.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:44 am

Werewolf wrote:Indians are already in full slavery of that Monsanto death seed, there is no other seeds for them to buy on the market,many people with disease because of their pestizid crap. The entire indian cotton plantages are all monsanto shit.
    Monsanto can monopolize small and poor countries - India is on it's way to become a superpower and I oubt they will keep buying seeds from American company for long. The richer you are, the more you can do to protect yourself from foreign influene.
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

Post  Werewolf Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:51 am

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:
    Werewolf wrote:Indians are already in full slavery of that Monsanto death seed, there is no other seeds for them to buy on the market,many people with disease because of their pestizid crap. The entire indian cotton plantages are all monsanto shit.
    Monsanto can monopolize small and poor countries - India is on it's way to become a superpower and I oubt they will keep buying seeds from American company for long. The richer you are, the more you can do to protect yourself from foreign influene.

What the poor farmers gonna do with their unfertile land that is toxic from monsanto pestizides? You are speaking about the corrupt India that sits between to seats and has not shown any direct path it wants to approach, if you try to walk on two planks that are bridging a river but go into two directions, you will eventually fall into the river. India hasn't faced or shown any regards for their farmers and their economics in agriculture and the big harm this pestizides and GMO seeds do. I doubt they will care untill their farmers start to die off in large numbers due being financially destroyed not to mention the harm of farmers due the pestizides.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:54 pm

Werewolf wrote:What the poor farmers gonna do with their unfertile land that is toxic from monsanto pestizides? You are speaking about the corrupt India that sits between to seats and has not shown any direct path it wants to approach, if you try to walk on two planks that are bridging a river but go into two directions, you will eventually fall into the river. India hasn't faced or shown any regards for their farmers and their economics in agriculture and the big harm this pestizides and GMO seeds do. I doubt they will care untill their farmers start to die off in large numbers due being financially destroyed not to mention the harm of farmers due the pestizides.

Actually India has expressed a clear and strong Russification after 1991, when they began to have a chance to approach Russian military techs.

And we se a rapid Russification inside Indian Army: Su-30MKI became the bulk of air force, T-72/90 became the bulk of armoured force. AK-xx kicked the *** of INSAS. And Russian aircraft carriers, with navalized MiG-29. And the in-coming Indian T-50.

But that Russification disastisfied the corrupted, pro-West faction of Delhi. That faction is, unfortunately, is still considerable. That is the reason why we still have Arjun, Rafale, Jaitapur, AH-64.

Nonetheless most of these Western project are probably pie-in-the-sky, they were created to gain support from voters in various factions. You can see that in the case of Rafale, India didn't have a serious will to purchase them. And probably in the case of others, these pro-West project will end miserably.

Off Topic
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

Post  sepheronx Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:03 pm

Monsantos does indeed operate in India. They are heavily being pushed too by even the Modi administration (according to my wife). After the ordeal of agricultural products grown with GMO seeds, leaking to nearby plant life, and merging its DNA, there has now been a lot of questions being asked. Basically, in India, as long as you have a suitcase of money, you will be able to push any kind of deal. Hence why doing business in India is so easy. As long as you got money, you can have anything done. Monsantos has been pushed and is being pushed this very moment, to pollute Indian agricultural land. But let us face it, due to decades of no regulations, a huge portion of India's water supply and agricultural land are polluted. This will just add more fuel to the fire.

India made its wealth from both agriculture and small businesses like garments, jewellery and the like. In near future, India will be net importer of food.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:16 am