Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+62
Khepesh
Bolt
whir
Kyo
Akula971
archangelski
Honesroc
MOPO3
Book.
mutantsushi
Vann7
chicken
auslander
higurashihougi
partizan
Walther von Oldenburg
kvs
galicije83
XTX-Horus
Cowboy's daughter
Godric
calripson
KoTeMoRe
alexZam
PapaDragon
macedonian
Morpheus Eberhardt
franco
Mefesto
TheGeorgian
Dima
fragmachine
par far
Alex555
Werewolf
Shadåw
Cyberspec
sepheronx
2SPOOKY4U
medo
akd
Vympel
TheArmenian
George1
TR1
KomissarBojanchev
flamming_python
Viktor
max steel
magnumcromagnon
cracker
collegeboy16
zg18
Big_Gazza
GarryB
Mike E
Zivo
VladimirSahin
Cpt Caz
mack8
runaway
ult
66 posters

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

Godric
    Godric

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 9 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

Post  Godric Fri May 01, 2015 11:01 am

the 2015 May Day parade is going to be the best ever 70 years after the defeat of fascist tyranny and a glut of new modern armor on show it is going to be massive, respect for all those Red Army soldiers and other soviet branches that fought and died liberating their land and eastern Europe from the scourge of fascism
    macedonian
    macedonian

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 9 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

Post  macedonian Fri May 01, 2015 5:35 pm

I am gobsmacked!
    Our President decided to defy Washington and Brussels?!
    I'll believe it on May 10th. Still skeptical!

Balkan Countries in Tight Spot Over Moscow V-Day Commemoration

The presidents of Macedonia and Serbia will be in Moscow on May 9,
    while the other Balkan leaders have bowed to pressure from Washington and Brussels to skip the commemoration.

Sputnik wrote:While Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic and Macedonian President Georgy Ivanov have accepted the invitation from Moscow to attend the May 9 commemoration of 70 years since the victory over fascism, the leaders of other countries in the region won't be attending, having bowed to pressure from Washington and the European Union to miss the event.

Earlier this week, Ivanov announced he would be joining Nikolic at the celebrations in Moscow, defying instructions from US and European Union representatives to snub the event.

Sputnik >>
    Cowboy's daughter
    Cowboy's daughter

Post  Cowboy's daughter Fri May 01, 2015 6:42 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    medo wrote:Anyone know, which countries will send their units to parade in Moscow?

China and Serbia for sure.
    So that's USSR + China + Yugoslav partisans; a large portion of the anti-Hitler/anti-Japan coalition already. Maybe Greece can chip in with a contingent of its own forces too?

The Western allies are supporting the descendants of the Banderites against Russia. They can go hold a parade with them maybe.

America's dead who fought Nazis are turning over in their graves, and will rise up one day and condemn any American who supported them.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri May 01, 2015 7:21 pm

macedonian wrote:I am gobsmacked!

respekt

The madness from the North is spreading!!! We will all end up in quarantine lol1
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Fri May 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Cowboy's daughter wrote:
    flamming_python wrote:
    medo wrote:Anyone know, which countries will send their units to parade in Moscow?

China and Serbia for sure.
    So that's USSR + China + Yugoslav partisans; a large portion of the anti-Hitler/anti-Japan coalition already. Maybe Greece can chip in with a contingent of its own forces too?

The Western allies are supporting the descendants of the Banderites against Russia. They can go hold a parade with them maybe.

America's dead who fought Nazis are turning over in their graves, and will rise up one day and condemn any American who supported them.

This is one of the things that bugs me most about this whole mess. Here we have two nations, USA and Russia, who should be natural allies but are now at each other's throats.
    And this stupidity is endangering almost entire planet.

All because of handful of corrupt arrogant parasites in Brussels and Washington who are barely educated or qualified enough to clean toilets let alone lead nations.

Older generation of politicians in the West possessed wisdom and caution that was payed for with huge suffering and sacrifice.
    But these greedy egotistical idiots who are in charge now keep acting like they are some sort of geniuses and godsends.

World needs some more  Roosevelts and Eisenhowers. 

I can't wait for this mess to blow over...
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Fri May 01, 2015 10:03 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    macedonian wrote:I am gobsmacked!

respekt

The madness from the North is spreading!!!  We will all end up in quarantine  lol1  

Let's wait and see...I don't trust our politicians* as far as I can throw them.
    As I said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Must say I'm surprised though...first they didn't give in to pressure to sanction Russia, and now this...
    If Ivanov really shows-up on May 9th, I'll see him in a different light altogether.

Post  XTX-Horus Sat May 02, 2015 1:39 am

Hello there. Some questions:

1: When will the parade start (I know the date but not the hour it starts)?

2: Which site will host a live-stream of the parade?

3: Will Kazakh units participate?
    ult

Post  ult Sat May 02, 2015 9:08 am

XTX-Horus wrote:Hello there. Some questions:

1: When will the parade start (I know the date but not the hour it starts)?

2: Which site will host a live-stream of the parade?

3: Will Kazakh units participate?

1. 10AM Moscow time (8AM CET)

2. http://rt.com/on-air/ http://stream.1tv.ru/live http://www.vesti.ru/onair/ http://live.russia.tv/index/index/channel_id/1

3. Yes.
    galicije83
    galicije83

Post  galicije83 Sat May 02, 2015 11:14 am

Serbian guard brigade in red square...

2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 9 1596346
    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 9 1595865
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat May 02, 2015 1:25 pm

2. They are if to clear a malfunction you need to completely take the rifle down and stop being and asset on the battlefield.

Smile don't get me wrong friend.... I was just restating your point to make sure I understood what you were trying to say correctly.

I totally agree that a gun that fires is worth rather more on a battlefield than a slightly more accurate gun that doesn't always work.

4. It realy doesn't, this is a matter of economy but not alone. Izhmash lobbying is obvious. However according to Bochkarev, both rifles will be accepted.

Paying rather more money for a design that is harder to make and harder to use and is slightly more accurate when fired fully automatic... lets not kid ourselves the 5.45mm round is a fairly low recoil round already anyway... personally if I was introducing a balanced recoil rifle it would be in 7.62 x 39mm calibre... or even a suppressed 9 x 39mm calibre.

It is like the qwerty keyboard in front of you.
    This was designed at a time of manual typewriters where the layout of the keys was based on a careful analysis of the English language to ensure that very fast typists would not push down two keys so close in timing that the arms on the typewriter would clash and jam.

Yes... that is right... the qwerty keyboard is designed to slow the typist down

the problem is that qwerty keyboards are standard and everybody uses them.

The cost of buying all new more efficiently designed keyboards and retraining new typists simply makes it a pointless exercise, so while there are plenty of other keyboard layouts it is qwerty we are stuck with...

The A-545 adresses alot more than that, it was a finished product. From the magwell, to an improved ergonomical model, to better conception of the frame and disticnt departure from the old mid rifle sight, witha diopter not unlike the AN.

The controls didn't look ambidexstrous to me... and the rear iron sight on the AK12 is a peep sight too.

I would like to know rather more about the ADS before deciding which rifle I like but I really don't like the sliding rear stock of the AEK rifle, and prefer the AK12 ATM.

Serbian guard brigade in red square...

How exciting would that be... you read about WWII but never really get much opportunity to be part of officially remembering it... What an honour.

And respect to Serbia and Macedonia... by not going the rest of the EU and US are only dishonouring their own dead.
    galicije83
    galicije83

Post  galicije83 Sat May 02, 2015 3:23 pm

I lost 8 members of 9 of my family who participated in that war, all of them was in partisans and famous The first Vojvodina Proletarian National Liberation Brigade. Just one of brothers survive that war and that was my great-grandfather. For me its a big honor to see Serbian army on that big holiday event.

Many of you do not know that the Serbs were the majority of soldiers in partisan army (more then 90% in that army were Serbs).

1944, when it was clear who would win the war, Croats crossing the partisans was increasing, especially after Tito's promise to grant amnesty to all kvinsling formation in September 1944, if the join the partisans. Then in partisan units on Croatian territory was almost 2 times more Croats than Serbs, despite this Serbs were still the majority in partisan units. In Bosnia, however, the Serbs were a majority in partisan units with more than 95% until the end of war.

So, the Serbs put forward the People's Liberation War and gave the biggest victims of the Second World War, unlike other nations in Yugoslavia, which at the end they join to the winning side, and before that they were on the side of Nazi Germany.

And because of that its not big, but its Great Honor to see Serbian soldiers side by side on red square with soldiers from former USSR.

Last edited by galicije83 on Sat May 02, 2015 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat May 02, 2015 5:01 pm

Yes, most of us lost family members in WWII. My Grandfather and Grandmother made it through that mess, but both received (rare) medals for bravery (both were Partisans). Grandma received a medal from the Russians too. Other members of (both) their families were sadly lost. My gran had a cupboard full of medals...(I used to put them on when I was a kid).
    I'm not a communist though, I'm an Orthodox Cristian (this used to drive my grandparents absolutely mad)!...religion being "opium for the masses and all"...LOL.

But I always respected their sacrifice for our freedom, no matter our conflicting political views.
    I still enjoy the partisan songs too. Oj Kozaro is just an evergreen! Very Happy
    And whomever doesn't (I have the EU and the USA in mind here) respect their sacrifice is just spitting in the face of freedom!
    Just my (somewhat) emotional opinion.

_____________\
    Edit:
    galicije83 wrote:So, the Serbs put forward the People's Liberation War and gave the biggest victims of the Second World War, unlike other nations in Yugoslavia, which at the end they join to the winning side, and before that they were on the side of Nazi Germany.

Not true!
    In Macedonia 99% were Macedonians. My grandparents included. My grandfather was sentenced to death in Serbia, was awaiting execution in Sremska Mitrovica (your neck of the woods) but was freed by his Serbian comrades.
    But please, feel free to bring facts to the contrary.

Last edited by macedonian on Sat May 02, 2015 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat May 02, 2015 5:07 pm

I have been following Nebojsa Malic's column at antiwar.com for years and I am impressed that Serbs can still
    show independent political action. It is really good to see the participation in Moscow this year.
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat May 02, 2015 5:53 pm

kvs wrote:I have been following Nebojsa Malic's column at antiwar.com for years and I am impressed that Serbs can still
    show independent political action.   It is really good to see the participation in Moscow this year.

It is not much of a mystery.

Unlike everyone else (Russia included) we Serbs (and others living in Serbia) have seen first hand that all that talk about "democracy, human rights, globalisation, economic development, peaceful coexistence under western principals", in short, the whole Pax Americana fairytale is nothing more than one big steaming pile of hypocritical bulls*it!!!

Problem is that we are simply geographically and physically stuck. As you all know we are completely surrounded by EU and you can only openly resist for so long.

People got tired and hoped that EU membership might bring at least some free money if nothing else but (thankfully) that too has been debunked as bunch of BS. There are plenty of suckers and traitors here but people are slowly snapping out of it and seeing EU for what it is.
    Our current government is nothing to brag about but from what I can tell they are not in a hurry with the whole EU thing anymore (which does not change the fact that they are all bunch of crooks and criminals!!!)

I just hope the EU collapses due to debt and instability before we have to make any important decisions.

If Serbia and for example Bulgaria somehow swapped their geographical locations I am certain that Serbia would have joined Russian Federation years (hell, decades or centuries) ago. From where I am sitting I see no downsides to joining Russia, only benefits.     russia    

As for parade, everyone here is in agreement that there is only one right decision. Even though I am anti-communist myself,  I will forever be grateful for the valor and sacrifice of Red Army heroes. Without them, me and everyone else here would have been exterminated  decades ago.

Soldiers of Red Army are Titans of mankind and they not only saved billions from extinction, they saved the soul of entire human species.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat May 02, 2015 6:08 pm

You're not exactly geographically surrounded by the EU since neither Macedonia, Albania or Montenegro is a member.

Last edited by macedonian on Sun May 03, 2015 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat May 02, 2015 6:24 pm

galicije83 wrote:I lost 8 members of 9 of my family who participated in that war, all of them was in partisans and famous The first Vojvodina Proletarian National Liberation Brigade. Just one of brothers survive that war and that was my great-grandfather. For me its a big honor to see Serbian army on that big holiday event.

Many of you do not know that the Serbs were the majority of soldiers in partisan army (more then 90% in that army were Serbs).

1944, when it was clear who would win the war, Croats crossing the partisans was increasing, especially after Tito's promise to grant amnesty to all kvinsling formation in September 1944, if the join the partisans. Then in partisan units on Croatian territory was almost 2 times more Croats than Serbs, despite this Serbs were still the majority in partisan units. In Bosnia, however, the Serbs were a majority in partisan units with more than 95% until the end of war.

So, the Serbs put forward the People's Liberation War and gave the biggest victims of the Second World War, unlike other nations in Yugoslavia, which at the end they join to the winning side, and before that they were on the side of Nazi Germany.

And because of that its not big, but its Great Honor to see Serbian soldiers side by side on red square with soldiers from former USSR.

Albanian here. I lost two uncles and Dad was wounded as Communists. My Father in Law was a Frontist though, even he didn't carry a weapon or betrayed people he knew full well that they were commies. Ironically my wife lost one uncle that was part of the Greek Army and also anti-Communist, killed by other anti-Communists.

To the end the Albanian partisan movement was basically saved by Tito's goodwill once the Epirus underground groups collapsed under German pressure, so yeah I can't diss the man that much.
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat May 02, 2015 6:35 pm

Yes, everyone here in the Balkans lost someone - my family (and yours) included.
    Let's not brag about who lost more...or we might disrespect someone braver than the other  Laughing

It's about remembering, there's enough blame to go around...

So I raise my glass

to all

that died for our freedom!
    Sieg he...I mean: CHEERS! Very Happy

Thanks to all of you that fought, so that we can speak Albanian, Serbian, Macedonian, Bulgarian, and Bantu...today!
    Most sacrifices were by the Red Army anyway!
    So THANKS!

russia
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sat May 02, 2015 6:48 pm

Yeah, WW2 should have united all Balkans in the spirit of reconciliation. For the first time since the 20's we had a common enemy. And we got rid of them mostly by doing the job with our own forces, we didn't need no D-Day, no strategic bombing and suffered as a whole terribly for the way we treated the traitors and occupying forces.

And no bragging, just to put forward we suffered too much for such a little patch of land. I see the French commemorating some village losing 100 people, yeah sheesh, i guess had they gotten Baby Yared or Florinaed like the Eastern Savages, there wouldn't be a German stone one upon the other.

So I salute my Balkan co-authors of the German, Italian and some others genocide (according to Arssenyiuk) and for invading and pillaging the peaceful Western Powers that tried to lift us up from our previous conditions of savagery. Nato said So.

The Saracasm stops here.

May we come together as one in the future. Zivo ziveli, na zdravlje and all that toss ;-)/
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat May 02, 2015 6:55 pm

macedonian, I sent you PM bro, check inbox, cheers! thumbsup
    macedonian
    macedonian

Post  macedonian Sat May 02, 2015 7:20 pm

KoTeMoRe: couldn't agree more mate!
    Cheers!

PapaD: Thanks for the PM, received and replied to...

' We ' all friends... thumbsup
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun May 03, 2015 2:08 pm

More heroes arriving for the parade!!! thumbsup

WW II British Arctic Convoy Sailors Attending May 9 Ceremonies

British veterans of the World War II Arctic convoys to arrive in St. Petersburg for the Allies Victory parade May 9

http://russia-insider.com/en/history/world-war-ii-arctic-convoy-veterans-pay-respects-may-9/6358

In news from Interfax, a group of British veterans of the Arctic convoys of the Second world war are scheduled to arrive in St. Petersburg to participate in the celebrations for the 70th anniversary of the World War II victory against Nazi Germany. Five veterans from Scotland, and five from England will arrive on May 7 to take part in various memorials and commemorations for Russia’s celebrations."]WW II British Arctic Convoy Sailors Attending May 9 Ceremonies

British veterans of the World War II Arctic convoys to arrive in St. Petersburg for the Allies Victory parade May 9

In news from Interfax, a group of British veterans of the Arctic convoys of the Second world war are scheduled to arrive in St. Petersburg to participate in the celebrations for the 70th anniversary of the World War II victory against Nazi Germany. Five veterans from Scotland, and five from England will arrive on May 7 to take part in various memorials and commemorations for Russia’s celebrations.
    XTX-Horus
    XTX-Horus

Post  XTX-Horus Mon May 04, 2015 1:42 pm

ult wrote:
    1. 10AM Moscow time (8AM CET)

2. http://rt.com/on-air/ http://stream.1tv.ru/live http://www.vesti.ru/onair/ http://live.russia.tv/index/index/channel_id/1

3. Yes.

Sorry for the late response but thank you for the awnsers and those links.
    George1
    George1

Post  George1 Mon May 04, 2015 3:13 pm

Vietnam’s president to attend V-Day celebrations in Moscow

North Korean parliament speaker to represent DPRK at Victory Parade in Moscow - KCNA
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Mon May 04, 2015 4:00 pm

Relations between various Yugo nations were excellent for the most part after WW2. It was only in the 1980s that everything went bad, for economic reasons - there is no inherent hostility between these peoples - if Swiss can coexist together despite speaking 4 different languages, then Slavs could do the same with no problems.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon May 04, 2015 4:17 pm

Walther von Oldenburg wrote:Relations between various Yugo nations were excellent for the most part after WW2. It was only in the 1980s that everything went bad, for economic reasons - there is no inherent hostility between these peoples - if Swiss can coexist together despite speaking 4 different languages, then Slavs could do the same with no problems.

I beg to differ, relations went from OK to bad during the first half of the 70's. First with the infamous Croatian Spring, to which both Serbians and Albanians replied (both obtaining trojan horses as solutions), then with the idiotic growth through intertwined loans policy that gutted Yugoslav economy.

Anyway, what is done is done.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:37 pm