Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    macedonian
    macedonian

    Posts : 1071
    Points : 1100
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  macedonian on Mon May 04, 2015 5:37 pm

    Well (obviously) I have my opinion on that, but I think it'd be wiser if we didn't get into all that here...
    It'll only end up bad...

    Besides it's about this years V-Day parade...I'd hate it if we screwed up such a good thread.
    avatar
    partizan

    Posts : 29
    Points : 34
    Join date : 2014-01-23

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  partizan on Mon May 04, 2015 6:00 pm

    galicije83 wrote:I lost 8 members of 9 of my family who participated in that war, all of them was in partisans and famous The first Vojvodina Proletarian National Liberation Brigade. Just one of brothers survive that war and that was my great-grandfather. For me its a big honor to see Serbian army on that big holiday event.

    Many of you do not know that the Serbs were the majority of soldiers in partisan army (more then 90% in that army were Serbs).

    1944, when it was clear who would win the war, Croats crossing the partisans was increasing, especially after Tito's promise to grant amnesty to all kvinsling formation in September 1944, if the join the partisans. Then in partisan units on Croatian territory was almost 2 times more Croats than Serbs, despite this Serbs were still the majority in partisan units. In Bosnia, however, the Serbs were a majority in partisan units with more than 95% until the end of war.

    So, the Serbs put forward the People's Liberation War and gave the biggest victims of the Second World War, unlike other nations in Yugoslavia, which at the end they join to the winning side, and before that they were on the side of Nazi Germany.

    And because of that its not big, but its Great Honor to see Serbian soldiers side by side on red square with soldiers from former USSR.

    To put it mildly, pretjera ga brate... Except the part concerning your familiy, and I pay my deepest respect to them if I may say, the rest of your post is pure BS. But, lets not go there, here, on this thread. this topic is for heroes, not for a non-existent history...
    zg18
    zg18

    Posts : 890
    Points : 962
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  zg18 on Mon May 04, 2015 7:32 pm

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 ZPsTSrSO1Tk
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3981
    Points : 3998
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Mon May 04, 2015 7:47 pm

    macedonian wrote:Well (obviously) I have my opinion on that, but I think it'd be wiser if we didn't get into all that here...
    It'll only end up bad...

    Besides it's about this years V-Day parade...I'd hate it if we screwed up such a good thread.

    This isn't MP.net. Very Happy

    No one rains on the Parade.
    alexZam
    alexZam

    Posts : 343
    Points : 399
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Location : SoCal

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  alexZam on Mon May 04, 2015 9:07 pm

    Rolling through famous Tverskaya street and Ohotniy ryad.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47sRYVcNfMc
    galicije83
    galicije83

    Posts : 44
    Points : 46
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Age : 39
    Location : Novi Sad, Serbia

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  galicije83 on Mon May 04, 2015 10:34 pm

    partizan wrote:
    To put it mildly, pretjera ga brate... Except the part concerning your familiy, and I pay my deepest respect to them if I may say, the rest of your post is pure BS. But, lets not go there, here, on this thread. this topic is for heroes, not for a non-existent history...

    Нису то срања, само многи не могу да се сложе са истином о томе ко је изнео други светски рат на територији југе. А то су били Срби.

    This is not bullshits, partizan, that is a friking truth, Serb was majority in partizans and late in Yugo army. But many of u do not want accepted that is right truth...
    macedonian
    macedonian

    Posts : 1071
    Points : 1100
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  macedonian on Tue May 05, 2015 6:34 am

    galicije83 wrote:
    partizan wrote:
    To put it mildly, pretjera ga brate... Except the part concerning your familiy, and I pay my deepest respect to them if I may say, the rest of your post is pure BS. But, lets not go there, here, on this thread. this topic is for heroes, not for a non-existent history...

    Нису то срања, само многи не могу да се сложе са истином о томе ко је изнео други светски рат на територији југе. А то су били Срби.

    This is not bullshits, partizan, that is a friking truth, Serb was majority in partizans and late in Yugo army. But many of u do not want accepted that is right truth...

    Start a thread and we can have discussion about it.
    Of course Serbs were a majority in total numbers, taken that Serb population was the largest of all YU republics.
    Percentage wise though, things were more or less the same. Now, can we please drop this?
    macedonian
    macedonian

    Posts : 1071
    Points : 1100
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  macedonian on Tue May 05, 2015 8:15 am

    Reasons behind Russia's high-profile V-Day celebrations

    (Xinhua)

    Xinhua wrote:MOSCOW - Russia is busy preparing for the Victory Day celebrations on May 9, as this year marks the 70th anniversary of the victory of the Great Patriotic War, Russia's term for World War II (WWII).

    Against a background that relations between Moscow and the West hit the lowest point since the end of the Cold War due to the Ukraine crisis, analysts believe that Russia expects to make a decisive response to the precarious pressure from the Western countries with a series of high-profile celebrations across the country.

    FLEXING MILITARY MUSCLE

    Larger scale celebrations are usually held on the occasion of quinquennial and decennial anniversary of the victory of the Great Patriotic War in Russia.

    Thus, Moscow, which is now confronted with economic sanctions, diplomatic isolation and military threat from the United States and Europe, has seen enough reasons for holding grand celebrations this year.

    Among the celebrations, the most eye-catching one would be the large-scale military parade on the Red Square in downtown Moscow, which will be the biggest ever held in modern Russia.

    According to Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, over 15,000 soldiers will take part in the parade, a 50-percent increase from the one in 2010.

    As to the mechanized section, which will involve 194 units of armaments and military equipment, Russian Presidential Administration Chief Sergei Ivanov said that there will be on display for the first time state-of-the-art, brand new weapons systems like, for example, the intercontinental ballistic missile called Yars.

    ...

    continued >>

    I expected a far better toned article from the Chinese vis-a-vis V-Day to be honest.
    avatar
    partizan

    Posts : 29
    Points : 34
    Join date : 2014-01-23

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  partizan on Tue May 05, 2015 10:10 am

    galicije83 wrote:
    partizan wrote:
    To put it mildly, pretjera ga brate... Except the part concerning your familiy, and I pay my deepest respect to them if I may say, the rest of your post is pure BS. But, lets not go there, here, on this thread. this topic is for heroes, not for a non-existent history...

    Нису то срања, само многи не могу да се сложе са истином о томе ко је изнео други светски рат на територији југе. А то су били Срби.

    This is not bullshits, partizan, that is a friking truth, Serb was majority in partizans and late in Yugo army. But many of u do not want accepted that is right truth...

    Nobody disputes that. They were majority for sure but 90 percent? Please... As Macedonian said, enough OT. We can discuss that on PM but not here.

    It seems to me that we have a new planetary star and his name is T-14...

    As I said before, Westerners will not attend the parade but they will watch it with great interest ... and fear... russia


    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3981
    Points : 3998
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue May 05, 2015 11:58 am

    macedonian wrote:

    Reasons behind Russia's high-profile V-Day celebrations


    (Xinhua)

    Xinhua wrote:MOSCOW - Russia is busy preparing for the Victory Day celebrations on May 9, as this year marks the 70th anniversary of the victory of the Great Patriotic War, Russia's term for World War II (WWII).

    Against a background that relations between Moscow and the West hit the lowest point since the end of the Cold War due to the Ukraine crisis, analysts believe that Russia expects to make a decisive response to the precarious pressure from the Western countries with a series of high-profile celebrations across the country.

    FLEXING MILITARY MUSCLE

    Larger scale celebrations are usually held on the occasion of quinquennial and decennial anniversary of the victory of the Great Patriotic War in Russia.

    Thus, Moscow, which is now confronted with economic sanctions, diplomatic isolation and military threat from the United States and Europe, has seen enough reasons for holding grand celebrations this year.

    Among the celebrations, the most eye-catching one would be the large-scale military parade on the Red Square in downtown Moscow, which will be the biggest ever held in modern Russia.

    According to Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, over 15,000 soldiers will take part in the parade, a 50-percent increase from the one in 2010.

    As to the mechanized section, which will involve 194 units of armaments and military equipment, Russian Presidential Administration Chief Sergei Ivanov said that there will be on display for the first time state-of-the-art, brand new weapons systems like, for example, the intercontinental ballistic missile called Yars.

    ...

    continued >>

    I expected a far better toned article from the Chinese vis-a-vis V-Day to be honest.

    There is one full page of direct jabs at the "West" with those historical revisionist hints that piss the normal Chinese, as they find themselves always cast aside when victimization during WW2 and Japanese occupation is swept under the rug, because the current chinese power isn't to the West's taste.

    So I found Xinhua pretty sly in this case and very refined in its attacks to the West. Off course there are also some political brown points vis à vis Russia, but that's to be expected. China doesn't "take sides" until it has to.
    macedonian
    macedonian

    Posts : 1071
    Points : 1100
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  macedonian on Tue May 05, 2015 12:16 pm

    KoTeMoRe wrote:

    There is one full page of direct jabs at the "West" with those historical revisionist hints that piss the normal Chinese, as they find themselves always cast aside when victimization during WW2 and Japanese occupation is swept under the rug, because the current chinese power isn't to the West's taste.

    So I found Xinhua pretty sly in this case and very refined in its attacks to the West. Off course there are also some political brown points vis à vis Russia, but that's to be expected. China doesn't "take sides" until it has to.

    Agreed.
    But I think they do have to take sides (and soon). This attack on Russia is an overture to the attack on China.
    I'll leave it to the strategist in Beijing to decide, but you know that old saying:
    Old Folk Saying wrote:A bear that dances in your neighbor’s house might soon dance in yours.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

    Posts : 3981
    Points : 3998
    Join date : 2015-04-21
    Location : Krankhaus Central.

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  KoTeMoRe on Tue May 05, 2015 12:20 pm

    macedonian wrote:
    KoTeMoRe wrote:

    There is one full page of direct jabs at the "West" with those historical revisionist hints that piss the normal Chinese, as they find themselves always cast aside when victimization during WW2 and Japanese occupation is swept under the rug, because the current chinese power isn't to the West's taste.

    So I found Xinhua pretty sly in this case and very refined in its attacks to the West. Off course there are also some political brown points vis à vis Russia, but that's to be expected. China doesn't "take sides" until it has to.

    Agreed.
    But I think they do have to take sides (and soon). This attack on Russia is an overture to the attack on China.
    I'll leave it to the strategist in Beijing to decide, but you know that old saying:
    Old Folk Saying wrote:A bear that dances in your neighbor’s house might soon dance in yours.

    Truer words you know the rest.

    I guess the West is really going to learn the definition of inferiority complex when the Chinese will be numero Uno. Not the kind of idiocy they like to spout about Russia or the Balkans.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13334
    Points : 13823
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  George1 on Tue May 05, 2015 6:08 pm

    Leaders of five EU countries to take part in Victory Day celebrations in Moscow — diplomat

    The leaders of the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Greece and Cyprus will take part in the Victory Day celebrations in Moscow

    BRUSSELS, May 5. /TASS/. More than 20 heads of state will take part in the celebrations in Moscow to mark the 70th anniversary of the Victory over Nazism, Russian Ambassador to the EU Vladimir Chizhov told a news conference on Tuesday.

    "More than 20 heads of state will take in the Victory Day celebrations in Moscow," he said.

    According to the diplomat, five of 28 EU member-countries will be represented by the heads of state. "The leaders of five EU countries - the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Greece and Cyprus - will take part in the Victory Day celebrations in Moscow. Other EU members will be represented at other levels," he said.

    "The decision whether to come to Moscow or not is their own decision. I don’t think this is a matter of political importance. Many of them take part in the celebrations in their countries," Chizhov added.
    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13334
    Points : 13823
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  George1 on Tue May 05, 2015 6:08 pm

    Egyptian President Sisi to Attend Victory Day Parade in Moscow
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

    Posts : 8103
    Points : 8189
    Join date : 2015-04-26
    Location : Fort Evil, Serbia

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  PapaDragon on Tue May 05, 2015 6:45 pm

    Lots of awesome photos on this link from helicopter part of rehearsals takes from on-board. thumbsup

    http://fotografersha.livejournal.com/664566.html

    I will only post one because I am not familiar with copyright rules on livejournal. (someone should invite author to join this forum)


    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 2358579_original
    macedonian
    macedonian

    Posts : 1071
    Points : 1100
    Join date : 2013-04-29
    Location : Skopje, Macedonia - Скопје, Македонија

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  macedonian on Tue May 05, 2015 9:50 pm

    Turkey: President Erdoğan declines Kremlin’s invitation to Russia’s Victory Day celebrations

    ds wrote:President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has reportedly declined the Kremlin's invitation to take part in Russia's Victory Day, or 9 May, celebrations in Moscow, marking the 70th anniversary of the capitulation of Nazi Germany to the Soviet Union in 1945.

    Instead, Turkey's Moscow Ambassador Ümit Yardım will represent the country during the Victory Day, which is dubbed Russia's "biggest holiday" by Vladimir Putin, according to various sources.

    The upcoming Victory Day Parade will take place in Red Square in Moscow on 9 May 2015, in which about 16,000 soldiers, 200 armoured vehicles and 150 planes and helicopters are expected to take part. This year's parade will be one of the biggest and largest to be held in Russian history, say media sources.

    But, western politicians will stay away from the celebrations on Red Square, protesting Russia's actions in Ukraine. President Erdoğan will also be on the not-attending list following Putin's referring to the compulsory relocation of Ottoman Armenians in 1915 from Anatolia as "genocide" during the commemoration ceremony in the Armenian capital Yerevan last month.

    The Russian President, having declined Turkey's invitation to join Gallipoli commemoration on April 24 to remember the fallen of World War, attended commemoration events in the Armenian capital for the 1915 incidents. The Russian official Sergey Yevgenyevich Naryshkin, who is also the Chairman of the State of Duma, instead represented Russia during the Gallipoli commemoration in Turkey.

    continued >>
    TheGeorgian
    TheGeorgian

    Posts : 232
    Points : 207
    Join date : 2014-06-22

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  TheGeorgian on Tue May 05, 2015 10:05 pm

    PapaDragon wrote:Lots of awesome photos on this link from helicopter part of rehearsals takes from on-board.  thumbsup

    http://fotografersha.livejournal.com/664566.html

    I will only post one because I am not familiar with copyright rules on livejournal. (someone should invite author to join this forum)


    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 2358579_original

    that's an amazing shot
    max steel
    max steel

    Posts : 2939
    Points : 2964
    Join date : 2015-02-12
    Location : South Pole

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  max steel on Wed May 06, 2015 10:33 am

    USSR pays highest price for Victory in WWII — Brazilian minister

    http://tass.ru/en/world/793141
    zg18
    zg18

    Posts : 890
    Points : 962
    Join date : 2013-09-26
    Location : Zagreb , Croatia

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  zg18 on Thu May 07, 2015 1:26 am

    Excellent photo report from Minsk thumbsup

    Preparation from May 9th parade , also T-90A and other stuff from Armed forces of RF will be present.

    http://auto.onliner.by/2015/05/04/parad-16
    Werewolf
    Werewolf

    Posts : 5253
    Points : 5458
    Join date : 2012-10-24

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  Werewolf on Thu May 07, 2015 1:31 am

    Interesting picture.

    They drive like that with life ammunition through cities?

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 5c74330eacc759cabd5213af9b7a5320
    franco
    franco

    Posts : 3189
    Points : 3221
    Join date : 2010-08-18

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  franco on Thu May 07, 2015 1:38 am

    Werewolf wrote:Interesting picture.

    They drive like that with life ammunition through cities?

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 5c74330eacc759cabd5213af9b7a5320

    Hard to judge the size but it appears that those rounds wouldn't be long enough to be real. Perhaps dummy warheads to sit in the tubes end.
    alexZam
    alexZam

    Posts : 343
    Points : 399
    Join date : 2015-04-23
    Location : SoCal

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  alexZam on Thu May 07, 2015 3:30 am

    AK-74M+
    Factory and in-field kit-upgrade to oldie 74M.

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 0_1223a5_c4b71ee5_XL
    sepheronx
    sepheronx

    Posts : 7096
    Points : 7364
    Join date : 2009-08-06
    Age : 30
    Location : Canada

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  sepheronx on Thu May 07, 2015 3:49 am

    Meh, at this point, no need to keep improving the AK-74M unless they opt out of AK-12. Either or, select one and get it over with.
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 2122
    Points : 2116
    Join date : 2013-03-10
    Location : Western Hemisphere.. mostly

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  Regular on Thu May 07, 2015 3:58 am

    sepheronx wrote:Meh, at this point, no need to keep improving the AK-74M unless they opt out of AK-12.  Either or, select one and get it over with.
    x2
    Actually there are two rifles selected. AEK and AK.
    Still until now Russia should issue rails and electro-optics for existing rifles. They could be mounted on AK-12 later on.
    Zivo
    Zivo

    Posts : 1488
    Points : 1514
    Join date : 2012-04-13
    Location : U.S.A.

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  Zivo on Thu May 07, 2015 4:14 am

    sepheronx wrote:Meh, at this point, no need to keep improving the AK-74M unless they opt out of AK-12.  Either or, select one and get it over with.

    It looks like an inexpensive upgrade.

    Sponsored content

    2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade: - Page 10 Empty Re: 2015 Moscow Victory Day Parade:

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:00 am