Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+44
miketheterrible
thegopnik
lyle6
Scorpius
SeigSoloyvov
The-thing-next-door
Kimppis
xeno
HUNTER VZLA
syunsan
Walther von Oldenburg
DTA
Boshoed
PapaDragon
max steel
Arctic_Fox
Sunbeam
Vann7
Book.
2SPOOKY4U
Regular
OminousSpudd
Airbornewolf
Zivo
collegeboy16
flamming_python
Manov
VladimirSahin
Morpheus Eberhardt
As Sa'iqa
CosPetia
NationalRus
KomissarBojanchev
magnumcromagnon
AlfaT8
higurashihougi
Mike E
Werewolf
Viktor
GarryB
TR1
Admin
Stealthflanker
sepheronx
48 posters

Video Games Thread

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Video Games Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Video Games Thread

Post  PapaDragon Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:33 pm

lyle6 wrote:
    SeigSoloyvov wrote:Game looks interesting but I've never been a fan of top down games personally.
    Its a side scroller.

Speaking of side scrollers I have some awesome ones I'd like to recommend:

Deadlight is horror game with big psychological undertone and awesome gameplay

And then there's DuckTales Remastered

It's modern update of classic one and believe me it's just as amazing, I loved the hell this game ever since I played it in grade school when I borrowed my friend's GameBoy for an afternoon... and didn't return it until two weeks later (don't judge me, you all did something similar!!!)

Airbornewolf likes this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:26 pm

when sacrificing one's self is just not enough...

An war, where tactics and strategy is ...irrelevant.
    Nothing in the galaxy will satiate this enemy.
    It will not be satisfied with your destruction, your subjucation.
    Your biological essence itself is an resource to be consumed.

It will never stop untill it has grinded all of sentient life down into an genetic paste.

If this is to be the Final Hour.
    It will be one of Resistance.

https://youtu.be/UaA7jP6rIvk?t=185

Praised be our immortal god emperor.

Our beacon in Darkness. Our salvation.
    May his angels of Vengeance burn an righteous path of retribution against the Alien, The Mutant, The Heretic.

PapaDragon likes this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:16 am

Anyone here like retro pixel art in games?.

How about some old fashioned retro tug of war? Wink.

It is called warpips on Steam. around 10 euro's.
    its still E.A but it is great fun!.

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:26 am

That looks fun

I will be getting fresh gaming rig soon (been stuck with my Linux PC for a long time due to life related BS) so I will go nuts

I have 3 years worth of backlog to clear and winter is coming, it's going to be epic attack

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:22 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    That looks fun

I will be getting fresh gaming rig soon (been stuck with my Linux PC for a long time due to life related BS) so I will go nuts

I have 3 years worth of backlog to clear and winter is coming, it's going to be epic attack

If you ever get bored, drop me an PM and ill help you out. Cool

Also #PCGAMINGMASTERRACE

Video Games Thread - Page 15 Minima10
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:30 am

PapaDragon wrote:
    That looks fun

Just make sure you ignore this tutorial at all costs Wink
    no doubt you have seen this somewhere, it was hard to avoid on the PC building community.

out of curiosity, going for an AMD build? or Intell/Nvidia? Wink.

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:11 am

Not sure what happened to this game... from 3 years ago...

Have seen someone else play this game and they were smarter than this guy... further down the road is a cemetary filled with zombies so he went down there and stirred up all the zombies and led them back to this bandit camp and they mostly killed each other...
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:25 pm

Airbornewolf wrote:...out of curiosity, going for an AMD build? or Intell/Nvidia? Wink.

AMD build this time

Hardware prices have gone through the roof thanks to Bitcoin shitheads so I gotta be frugal

Plus they finally ditched their tradition of making CPUs that overheat like crazy so that was also big factor in decision

Luckily for me that 3 year backlog is working to my advantage, majority of those games​ are old enough to be handled by even mid-range PC today so silver linings

Stuff like Valkyria Chronicles 4 pretty much runs on a toaster Cool

GarryB wrote:Not sure what happened to this game... from 3 years ago......

Probably lost forever in Kickstarter purgatory

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:15 pm

I have a few builds.

AMD Ryzen 5800 and a Intel 10700KF machine. I have a 6800xt, 2 3080's, 3 3070's, 4 3070 ti's, 2 3060 ti's and 2 3060's (and 1 Vega 56).

The 3060 by itself is a decent GPU and it can still be had for a decent price if you just go in at right time at a big distributor. I tend to find at least once a week a RTX GPU at my local shop. I just refuse to pay $2200 CAD for a 3080ti.

I use the 3060 for my gaming if I do any (which I barely do these days).

If anything, skip AMD's GPU's. While the 6800xt is great in rasterization performance, the simple fact of having DLSS 2.0 and decent RTX capabilities, a 3060 is a far better option for its price. But if you can pick up a 3060 ti for about $100 more, I recommend it immensely over the 3060 as its generally about 30 - 40% better in performance wise.

CPU wise, I dont see much of any a difference between the 5800 and the 10700. 10400F is a fantastic value for CPU's and you wouldn't go wrong getting one of those if its cheaper. Mind you, a 5600x is a much better CPU overall performance.

I also use a lot of Xeons and I would say that even Xeons like the E5-1650 v4, if can be picked up for cheap, is a fantastic CPU.
    kvs
    kvs

Post  kvs Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:34 pm

Ah, the Nvidia monopoly. They have a good racket going with the game developers. The Nvidia pseudo-ray tracing and image
    interpolation hardware is not really on another plane compared to AMD. It is merely that chintsy games pretend that they can't
    run on the AMD hardware.

These days there is zero excuse for having a preferred GPU maker for games development. They can optimize for both AMD and
    Nvidia. None of these hacks is spending any time coming up with better code algorithms and actually targeting a specific GPU
    architecture. They use library coding modules. So it makes no frelling difference which GPU these modules are optimized for.
    But Nvidia gives them money so they whore for it.

There are videos on Youtube by people who do 3D CGI for a living showing how custom code can mop the floor with the library
    approach. If you want to know why there is hardware bloat over time, you now know why.

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:59 pm

kvs wrote:Ah, the Nvidia monopoly.   They have a good racket going with the game developers.   The Nvidia pseudo-ray tracing and image
    interpolation hardware is not really on another plane compared to AMD.   It is merely that chintsy games pretend that they can't
    run on the AMD hardware.  

These days there is zero excuse for having a preferred GPU maker for games development.   They can optimize for both AMD and
    Nvidia.   None of these hacks is spending any time coming up with better code algorithms and actually targeting a specific GPU
    architecture.   They use library coding modules.  So it makes no frelling difference which GPU these modules are optimized for.
    But Nvidia gives them money so they whore for it.

There are videos on Youtube by people who do 3D CGI for a living showing how custom code can mop the floor with the library
    approach.   If you want to know why there is hardware bloat over time, you now know why.    

Well, you can thank the whole "the way its meant to be played".

But I will give it to AMD, with their development and constant updating of FSR, it gives AMD GPU's a huge boost. But yeah, the Ray Tracing could be well optimized for AMD GPU's. Ray Tracing is all Tensor cores for Nvidia while AMD usings the FP32 I believe? Anyway, it is just shit optimization.

I have seen custom made reflections which looks just as good as Ray Tracing on older games without needing ray tracing. I believe RT is simply a lazy mans way to implement "realistic" lighting.
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:08 am

Probably lost forever in Kickstarter purgatory

Bugger... seemed to be a stalker like game set in Russia but obviously in 3D isometric...

When I was building computers I tended to actually prefer AMD because they changed motherboard slots less often so you could buy the best mother board you could afford and put a cheaper CPU in it. After a few years you could upgrade by putting a better CPU in it when that new CPU is not so leading edge expensive any more.

The initial build would also save money with just using one memory slot but after a few years that memory type will be cheaper too so buy three more cards and boost performance relatively cheaply.

Of course I was spoilt because my brother gave me his Voodoo 2 twin card set up in the late 1990s so even though it didn't have a lot of memory compared with today it could run any game available at the time easily... though I did have to upgrade to a Geforce Ti when Il-2:1946 came around the mid naughties.
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:24 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    Airbornewolf wrote:...out of curiosity, going for an AMD build? or Intell/Nvidia? Wink.

AMD build this time

Hardware prices have gone through the roof thanks to Bitcoin shitheads so I gotta be frugal

Plus they finally ditched their tradition of making CPUs that overheat like crazy so that was also big factor in decision

Luckily for me that 3 year backlog is working to my advantage, majority of those games​ are old enough to be handled by even mid-range PC today so silver linings

Stuff like Valkyria Chronicles 4 pretty much runs on a toaster Cool

Nice!. AMD is a good choice too nowadays.
    i know about the overheating CPU's, Intell takes the crown nowadays with those.
    I got myself an I9-9900K. it really is an miniature Tshjernobyl.
    I got an 360 AIO, but under full load you see my PC going like "oh shit!,...do i need to ramp up the pump and fans?".
    Me: "75 degees?...."

Video Games Thread - Page 15 Ec1xrr10

The bitcoin miners, i share your frustrations.
    do not forget the scalpers Wink.

I think its safe to say we wont be friends ever with certain people in society Razz.

It is such an waste to see racks upon racks of GPU's waste away in Mining.
    While they each could power an reasonable powered PC.
    I went trough that rant a while ago. So i will not repeat here.

Im curious to see what you assemble together! Wink.

I really do not want to meddle with anything, but just do not go with an stock cooler.
    an aftermarket CPU cooler just saves a lot of noise.

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:24 pm

When you are an mobile game developer,.... and your game sucks.
    But accidentally you are better at creating live-action scenes and trailers than Hollywood.

GarryB and PapaDragon like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:18 am

So, anybody had a taste of Forza Horizon 5 yet?. Cool

An co-worker i visited let me play it while i was stopping by to drop something.
    He's an big Xbox gamer. And we both have an deep love for sports cars.

Forza Horizon 5 Plays primarily as an massive open world where you can do what you want, and race to other (replayable mind you  Smile ) races and events.

at launch there where already 513+ cars in the game and still growing.
    Its an racing game that spans all racing category's. street racing, Rally, Cross-country, Etc.
    And both feel radically different from the other.
    It pretty has all the racing variations you want.

There are also an in-game class system judged on performance or class.
    I had races where i had to come with an classic american muscle car for example.
    Or you car has to fall between an X-category of perfomance with or without upgrades to be able to perform.

As there are 500+ cars with deep modification options, the game often poses challenges to you to complete.
    With for example an reward for an unique car.

I have been playing it on an PC sporting an I-9900K and RTX2080TI for three days.
    At 4k Max settings i get an 80 FPS average.
    That IS with Ray-tracing. So Forza Horizon 5 runs pretty great.

The details in the car are are amazing. to every nut and bolt.

Car animations as well, I had an classic american sportscar and installed an portruding engine with an air intake above the hood.
    When revving to full power at start of the race the V-belt spins like mad and the air intakes open up to full.
    The tires burning out and you need to keep control to prevent the forces from spinning the rear from under you.
    The modern Lambogini's extending their oil cooler intakes, Bugatti's deploying their spoilers and cars like Koenigsegg's changing their spoiler positions remains cool.

The sound is amazing Smile.
    Installed an Racing Clutch, Gear and Transmission together with an Turbo for extra power.
    you hear these parts in-game as you race..
    Listen to that Whine increasing and gear switching as they give you the edge against your opponents. Cool
    The cars reflect with audio perfectly with how they sound like and whatever modifications you did to them.

The game acts like its an mega-festival/party. It gives off this non-serious vibe.
    In fact hitting objects off the road gives you extra XP. Irresponsible driving encouraged here Wink.
    Altough the complexity of cars and simulation options in the settings menu suggests you can go all the way for the die-hard racing nuts out there.

I really like this Party-setting the game tries to establish. Together with it's radio stations you can select.
    You never feel the game is being to serious and just is having fun.

The music stations are very upbeat themselves and pleasant to listen to.
    Everyone got their favourites of course.

I had this track randomly on the radio as i was dueling with the Number 1 lead in an Off-road race today.
    Me Trying to overtake him, he trying to block me. me trying to delay the breaking long enough to get an edge on him.
    Rocks and crap flying everywhere as we tried to win.
    It was en epic race Smile.
    I lost in second place hahaha.
    But it was really an amazing fight.

If you are looking for the next-racing game in your collection on the Xbox or PC. Give this one a look at least.

Last edited by Airbornewolf on Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:46 am

Airbornewolf wrote:So, anybody had a taste of Forza Horizon 5 yet?....

I stopped playing driving games once I starting driving regularly in real life (it kinda lost the vibe after that) but this one looks absolutely amazing (I mean it's Forza, of course it's amazing)

Back when I still played racing games I usually stuck with rally ones

I was seriously into WRC games by Milestone Studios, graphics wasn't anything special but it didn't matter because simulation was spot on and I love WRC and racing against the clock, nothing better than slamming brakes in the last second and going around the curve while having listen carefully to what copilot is saying just so you don't crash

To say nothing of tweaking your car differently for every stage and having to mind the weather forecast on top, pure bliss

I would set it up at full realism except for automatic transmission because it was impossible to drive manual on keyboard

I remember loving Sweden because snow was super easy, Japanese rural roads are barely big enough to fit Citroen C4 on both lanes while Greece is a nightmare (gravel was like a minefield, I was lucky if all wheels were still attached at the end) lol1

I also remember loving very first two Need for Speed games from early 90s, good times before they became a joke

Airbornewolf wrote:...Altough the complexity of cars and simulation options in the settings menu suggests you can go all the way for the die-hard racing nuts out there....

Oh yeah, this is definitely something I would do (and would regret it horribly)

Lots of previously console exclusives are coming to PC lately and it's awesome thumbsup

I am currently playing through entire Halo series on PC, I played Halo 1 and 2 way back when plus Halo Wars later but now they released Halo Master Chief Collectionn on PC and since schools are currently on 10 day COVID break I am going all in on my fresh PC

I already blazed through Halo 1, 2, 3 & Reach and I just started Halo ODST

I will be making very long recommendation post after I finish ODST and Halo 4

GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:29 am

I like open world type games where you can please yourself... one of my favourite games was Operation Flashpoint... there was one game I remember playing where you had a bizon SMG and had to infiltrate a base and steal explosives and set them to destroy the base and then move cross country and break in to a helicopter base and steal a helicopter to escape with.

After a few goes I realised I could infiltrate the helicopter base first and then destroy all the enemy positions and that enemy base with the weaponry on the helicopter and then fly to the escape point. I liked the open play and being able to use vehicles of all types, though I would like a more modern game with proper Russian equipment instead of the strange mix in OpFp... with the east european RPGs and loadouts that were "balanced" rather than accurate.

SVDs in every platoon as well as RPK-74s and PKMs...

I did buy a game with ships which I thought might allow me to sail everywhere but it did not map the entire world at a time ... some sort of super game that combines vehicle based combat (ground, sea, and air based vehicles... perhaps even space capable vehicles) with first person survival where you could go to a planet and create a base and develop and explore... maybe with realistic targets... ie a dinosaur is too big and heavy for rifle calibre bullets to penetrate the skin so to kill a big dinosaur you are talking cannon... tank type vehicles would be needed at the very least... something rhino sized would need a 37mm or 45mm calibre penetrator calibre and bigger threats like the sort you see in games like Doom with the huge demons would need 120mm and 125mm guns to deal with... whether you play against rival humans or deal with a hostile eco system of dinosaur or alien or demonic enemies... well how about you pick your planet and choose for yourself...

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:50 am

keep seeing cyrillic words with hero wars on this place and my chat is filled with cyrillic words. Current popular game in Russia I guess that I decided to play. Its also free.

Video Games Thread - Page 15 Hero_w10
    Video Games Thread - Page 15 Hero_w11

GarryB likes this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:24 pm

@ Papadragon.

I was stuck in NFS:hot pursuit for a long time.
    The car's engines sounded amazing even today and the thrill of smashing cops and fellow drivers off the roads Wink.

For me to find out all my favourite cars within the game (there are like 500+ cars in Forza) i went a bit nuts.
    Lamborgini Diablo, Dodge Viper ACR, Corvette Stingray 2021.

Ever heard an Viper ACR on idle in real life?. its like an Tank's engine.
    You hear this deep rumble and hear it's cylinders firing in the deep rumble background.
    It is music to my ears Wink

I am not exactly an type that goes for an electric car Razz.
    My car needs to be alive.

I really like the Lamborgini Diablo for it's wide,flat body and engine sound on high RPM.
    The Lambo Aventador comes also in my favourite list. It really looks mean.
    Also i love it's rear, it's layered glass panels and tail lights.
    And the extending air coolers that extend from the body are the coolest thing ever.

I like weaponry, but sportscars come right behind that.

Ill shut up, wrong thread to talk about cars Razz.

I love HALO, played it back on the xbox and the 360.
    I have not yet played the remastered versions.

I loved how humanity fought an losing war, but managed to deal some damage here and there with battles.
    And just not giving up. Reach was amazing.
    Maybe my inner 40K Imperial Gaurd speaking here Wink.

Halo 2?, when defending the MAC Platform?. Humanity's finest hour.
    The Mac-station continously cycling to maintain fire, knowing these things even slam straight to covenant assault carrier shields.
    The covenant did not care, and kept gunning for earth.

The Covenant assault carrier blasting right past the window of the MAC platform to enter earth's atmosphere was breathtaking.

I saw the Master Chief's remastered scene of "giving the covenant back their bomb". Space Opera at it's finest. Wink.
    The dive-bombing of the Longswords looked amazing.

@garry, Is that not ARK:survival?.
    I never played that one
    If you like naval ships, keep an eye out for Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts.

I bought the VIP pre-order so i can play the Beta.
    It is going to be an tactical/strategic game where you can design your own naval ships.

The battles look really well.
    The guns also depress after firing to reload, ships list and sink etc.

If you like open worlds, ever tried Subnautica?.
    Try playing on perma-death and you will crap your pants a few times Wink.

It is this open-world game where you crash-land on an water planet with literally 0 info.
    Except for the fact you had to escape an starship on fire that was about to crash.

During the game as you explore you find new technologys and story-bits to puzzle things together.
    It is really an amazing experience.

The game has an message that you do not have to be an civilisation-ending christopher Columbus when introduced to foreign habitats.

Do yourself an favour and go install a few mods from Nexus as well for Subnautica to turn your Submarine in an mobile Base Wink.

Also, anyone tried Stellaris?.
    It is an X4 type game.

You start off on your home planet, you have to colonise and expand your empire.
    research new technologys and make decisions along the way.

You decide every aspect of your race/empire.
    As well as important decisions story-wise.

the story elements are mostly RNG, so you have and different experience every time.
    Clearly the dev's have played 40K at some point. As the story can have you fight actual gods at some point.
    Or ....some all-consuming fleet of organisms arriving from outside the galaxy if you decide to deploy some terrifying weaponry that where drawn to it's energy generation during Firing.

You want to be some peace loving hippie? you can.
    Or, like me. you want to be North Korea and do not want any interaction with neighbours. you can too.
    To suprise the enemy that tought you where easy-picking. And jump straight to their home planet and blow their homeworld apart in primary parts Wink.
    It may not fall well in the international space community, but sends a clear message to not screw with you.
    Want to accept refugees?. or not?, or use them as food?.

You also can start super-projects.
    Massive structures you can build to bolster your empire like the Dyson Sphere.

This game allows it all really.
    And has an very rich workshop on Steam with mods to explore.

I love how the game confronts you with the morality of deploying world-ending weapons.
    That you can not put it back in the box, and if snuffing out an planet and its people is really the anwer?.
    As when you are the first to build one, other's will build their own as well.

The game does not warn you when you deploy it against an life-ending homicidal invaders however.
    The game is like: "yes these guys have it coming, Start the Neutron bombardment and liquify the bastards".

You might need a few DLC's to do all this.
    It is worth to give it a look:

Scorpius
    Scorpius

Post  Scorpius Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:58 pm

GarryB wrote:
    The Russian Army completed its combat simulation systems started by the Germans when the Germans cut ties, so they clearly have computer programmers who can code highly detailed models of all the weapons currently used by the Russian military including vehicles and equipment as well as enemy weapons and equipment... it would be interesting to see them put out a game...

Ha, Harry, it's like I read the description of Escape from Tarkov.
    By the way, recently game studios from Russia and the CIS have been posting very good visual and entertainment content based on their games. This series is made by EfT developers and is intended to reveal the world of the game:

GarryB and Airbornewolf like this post

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:05 am

Prophet of Regret wrote:When you first saw Halo, were you blinded by its majesty?

Alright folks, here is my epic recommendation:

Halo

Video Games Thread - Page 15 Halo-Master-Chief-Collectio-1

You all heard about it, it's legendary game at this point and for a good reason. I played original way back when it was first ported on PC in 2003 and before it became a juggernaut it is now.

I loved every second of it, story, setting, gameplay, characters, adventure, it was something special.

Halo 2 was released on PC later and Halo Wars RTS couple of years ago but rest of it remained X-Box exclusive until last year when Halo: Master Chief Collection dropped on PC with all games except Halo 5 included and oh boy was the wait worth it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/459220/Halo_Wars_Definitive_Edition/

Everything about it may seem so simple at first but don't be fooled, this game has lore and backstory that would make JRR Martin shit his pants.

Here is all the backstory you need from Wikipedia​ to get you started, everything else is in the games:

Halo takes place in a 26th-century science fiction setting. Faster-than-light travel called slip-space allows the human race to colonize planets other than Earth. The planet Reach serves as an interstellar hub of scientific and military activity. The United Nations Space Command (UNSC) develops a secret program to create augmented supersoldiers known as Spartans. More than twenty years before the beginning of the game, a technologically advanced collective of alien races called the Covenant begins a religious war against humanity, declaring them an affront to their gods. Humanity's military experiences a series of crushing defeats; although the Spartans are effective against the Covenant, they are too few in number to turn the tide. In 2552, Covenant forces attack Reach and destroy the colony. The starship Pillar of Autumn escapes the planet with the Spartan Master Chief Petty Officer John-117 on board. The ship initiates a jump to slip-space, hoping to lead the enemy away from Earth

So let's go over what we have here. I am listing games in order I personally think you should play them for maximum story effect (they are ordered differently in collection and Halo Wars is a separate game):

Halo Combat Evolved: The original, the timeless and still the best of the bunch despite the age, it was amazing back in 2001 and it still is. It starts generic but immediately kicks into overdrive once you land on alien structure (won't spoil anything just in case) and it just keeps getting better from there, you actually feel like you are in SF movie. And then there's the big ''event'' later...

Halo 2: Story continues, more adventure, more characters, more backstory. It is very popular but in my minority opinion I don't think it approaches the original design-wise, too many hardware limitations of the time but it's still great game obviously which leads us to...

Halo 3: Oh boy, I waited 14 years to play this on PC, didn’t think it would happen but I guess good things come to those who wait (or are lazy and stubborn as f*ck lol1)  When people say 'epic concussion' they mean Halo 3. Everything is cranked up to 11 and it's beauty to behold. It's one of my favourite games ever now. 

Halo Wars: This is RTS prequel that takes place decade before first game. It's a strategy game and gameplay is pretty standard but the story is second only to first game. If you are not into RTS games just set difficulty to easy and enjoy the story (Sequel Halo Wars 2 was also made but I haven't played it yet)

Halo ODST: This game takes place between Halo 1 and Halo 2 and follows different characters. You play as a soldier who got separated from his squad during huge battle in Halo 2 and has to piece together what happened while he was unconscious as he explores deserted city swarming with enemies and collecting clues. When you find a clue you get to replay what happened to other soldiers. It has detective story feel to it and even music fits that tone (smooth jazz)

Halo Reach: Prequel story about what happened before events of first game. Won't go into spoilers. Amazing as expected and absolutely epic, it's all I will say.

Halo 4: This one continues after Halo 3. Fun game, looks great but it was done by a new studio and while still good it's not exactly masterpiece like other ones (It's sequel Halo 5 is considered a let-down and newest sequel Halo Infinite just got released so jury is still out) On the upside it does give one character a nice emotional send-off.    

Couple of trailers to wet your appetite just a little:

Some things are classics for a reason, this is one of them. Have at it and enjoy, I know I did    thumbsup

Last edited by PapaDragon on Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

Airbornewolf and thegopnik like this post

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:55 am

Halo, One of the best stories told in videogaming.

There is also a very rich lore build upon Halo.
    It is...not a nice galaxy to live in.
    As there are certainly worse fates than Death.

If you at least played Halo Combat Evolved and know of... The Parasite.
    You may appreciate this.
    The UNSC Prison Ship Mona Lisa.

Do not watch if you are about to play Halo for the first time or it spoils the experience of Halo combat evolved.

Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:10 am

some of the Best of Halo Live action right here Wink :

thegopnik
    thegopnik

Post  thegopnik Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:38 pm

Russians are Precursors, U.S. are Forerunners in rocket technology.
    Airbornewolf
    Airbornewolf

Post  Airbornewolf Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:12 am

my quick attempt to paint an game Grimdark.

Stellaris, all scenes are from DLC/trailers.

OST is from the Nemesis DLC.
    It is the original Stellaris Theme, ..but remastered to sound like the final showdown between good and evil.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:39 pm