Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues


    Libyan Crisis

    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 598
    Points : 604
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    Libyan Crisis - Page 11 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  ultimatewarrior on Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:07 pm

    AlfaT8 wrote:
    Isos wrote:Chinese are probably trying to buy some of them to GNA and they will probably succeed. So IMO in two or 3 months there will be a chinese Javelin presented for export.

    The Javelin's been around for 2 decades, if they wanted a copy, they would have done it already.

    HJ-12

    George1
    George1

    Posts : 13782
    Points : 14275
    Join date : 2011-12-22
    Location : Greece

    Libyan Crisis - Page 11 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  George1 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:49 pm

    The extermination of Ukrainian Il-76 in Libya continues

    It is reported that the IL-76TD reg. UR-COZ number, which delivered the cargo of weapons from Ankara (Turkey) to air. Misrata (Libya) for a terrorist group close to the Government of the National Accord (GNA) a few hours ago [on the evening of August 5, 2019] was destroyed by the Libyan National Army Air Force (LNAF) a few minutes after landing.

    BREAKING – The LNA says it has carried out five airstrikes against Misrata’s air college and destroyed one Ilyushin Il-76 cargo plane and ammunition depots. #Libya
    Arnaud Delalande
    ‏@Arn_DelЧитать @Arn_Delе

    #Libya - It seems that Il-76TD 'UR-COZ' belonging to Ukranian Cargo Alfa Air & flying from Ankara was destroyed on Misrata runway by #UAE airstrike one minute after it landed (23:30). This aircraft was suspected to have already transported Turkish armed UAVs at #Mitiga on 6 July.
    Libyan Crisis - Page 11 Il-76_10

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3729877.html
    archangelski
    archangelski

    Posts : 589
    Points : 608
    Join date : 2015-04-25

    Libyan Crisis - Page 11 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  archangelski on Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:11 pm

    George1 wrote:The extermination of Ukrainian Il-76 in Libya continues

     It is reported that the IL-76TD reg. UR-COZ number, which delivered the cargo of weapons from Ankara (Turkey) to air. Misrata (Libya) for a terrorist group close to the Government of the National Accord (GNA) a few hours ago [on the evening of August 5, 2019] was destroyed by the Libyan National Army Air Force (LNAF) a few minutes after landing.

    BREAKING – The LNA says it has carried out five airstrikes against Misrata’s air college and destroyed one Ilyushin Il-76 cargo plane and ammunition depots. #Libya
    Arnaud Delalande
    ‏@Arn_DelЧитать @Arn_Delе

    #Libya - It seems that Il-76TD 'UR-COZ' belonging to Ukranian Cargo Alfa Air & flying from Ankara was destroyed on Misrata runway by #UAE airstrike one minute after it landed (23:30). This aircraft was suspected to have already transported Turkish armed UAVs at #Mitiga on 6 July.

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3729877.html

    After UR-CMC and UR-CRP end of July, it's the third Ukrainian Il-76 destroyed in Libya...
    ultimatewarrior
    ultimatewarrior

    Posts : 598
    Points : 604
    Join date : 2016-09-19
    Location : Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

    Libyan Crisis - Page 11 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  ultimatewarrior on Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:27 pm

    archangelski wrote:
    George1 wrote:The extermination of Ukrainian Il-76 in Libya continues

     It is reported that the IL-76TD reg. UR-COZ number, which delivered the cargo of weapons from Ankara (Turkey) to air. Misrata (Libya) for a terrorist group close to the Government of the National Accord (GNA) a few hours ago [on the evening of August 5, 2019] was destroyed by the Libyan National Army Air Force (LNAF) a few minutes after landing.

    BREAKING – The LNA says it has carried out five airstrikes against Misrata’s air college and destroyed one Ilyushin Il-76 cargo plane and ammunition depots. #Libya
    Arnaud Delalande
    ‏@Arn_DelЧитать @Arn_Delе

    #Libya - It seems that Il-76TD 'UR-COZ' belonging to Ukranian Cargo Alfa Air & flying from Ankara was destroyed on Misrata runway by #UAE airstrike one minute after it landed (23:30). This aircraft was suspected to have already transported Turkish armed UAVs at #Mitiga on 6 July.

    https://bmpd.livejournal.com/3729877.html

    After UR-CMC and UR-CRP end of July, it's the third Ukrainian Il-76 destroyed in Libya...

    Ukraine seems to have a lot of Il-76.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

    Posts : 3564
    Points : 3648
    Join date : 2012-01-30

    Libyan Crisis - Page 11 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  flamming_python on Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:03 pm

    ultimatewarrior wrote:
    Ukraine seems to have a lot of Il-76.

    They better do, because you know they won't be able to get more.

    Unless of course Putin cuts a deal with Zelenskiy. Which I'm more sure than not that he'd be inclined to do.
    Rodion_Romanovic
    Rodion_Romanovic

    Posts : 499
    Points : 499
    Join date : 2015-12-30

    Libyan Crisis - Page 11 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  Rodion_Romanovic on Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:56 pm

    flamming_python wrote:
    ultimatewarrior wrote:
    Ukraine seems to have a lot of Il-76.

    They better do, because you know they won't be able to get more.

    Unless of course Putin cuts a deal with Zelenskiy. Which I'm more sure than not that he'd be inclined to do.

    It is not clear, because they inherited many from the soviet union and up to the mid2000s there were also.several ukrainian cargo airlines operating il -76 ( currently most of them are defunct and it is not clear what happened to.the airplanes)

    In wikipedia, of course not the most reliable source, it says
    that the active il-76 in the ukrainian air force are only 5. There could be many other in need of refurbishment (difficult without.russian parts) and much more in (semi)civilian service or.in reserve somewhere.


    Edit,
    apparently the il-76 recently destroyed in libia belonged to the ukrainian company skiaviatrans. In their website is not written the fleet suze, however...

    http://skyaviatrans.com.ua/

    And of course they are accusing Russia to be somehow responsible for the destruction of their aircraft...

    http://avia.pro/news/rossiyu-obvinili-v-unichtozhenii-ukrainskogo-il-76-v-livii

    GarryB
    GarryB

    Posts : 22076
    Points : 22620
    Join date : 2010-03-30
    Location : New Zealand

    Libyan Crisis - Page 11 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  GarryB on Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:12 am

    Yeah, when everything is Russias fault you really don't need evidence... I have adopted a similar stance myself... any doubt and the west is to blame...
    Tsavo Lion
    Tsavo Lion

    Posts : 2915
    Points : 2913
    Join date : 2016-08-15
    Location : AZ, USA

    Libyan Crisis - Page 11 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  Tsavo Lion on Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:01 am

    Why was Colonel Gaddafi doomed


    When the Sun Sets in Libya, Two U.S. Allies Get Down to War

    Sponsored content

    Libyan Crisis - Page 11 Empty Re: Libyan Crisis

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:22 am