Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+95
nomadski
ALAMO
flamming_python
Dr.Snufflebug
kvs
higurashihougi
GarryB
mnztr
JohninMK
lyle6
sepheronx
Walther von Oldenburg
Begome
Firebird
lancelot
thegopnik
Rodion_Romanovic
Broski
Scorpius
caveat emptor
Krepost
Arrow
limb
ATLASCUB
Azi
sundoesntrise
TMA1
Mindstorm
Sujoy
nero
Yugo90
Backman
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
elconquistador
Hole
miketheterrible
ultimatewarrior
Isos
arpakola
Grazneyar
Werewolf
Odin of Ossetia
par far
AlfaT8
d_taddei2
medo
KiloGolf
NationalRus
Rodinazombie
Zivo
Kadmos45
Armenian
SturmGuard
mack8
Neutrality
OminousSpudd
Dima
franco
Godric
marat
Akula971
Vann7
ExBeobachter1987
Svyatoslavich
zorobabel
VladimirSahin
PapaDragon
TheGeorgian
KoTeMoRe
calm
Khepesh
Project Canada
max steel
HUNTER VZLA
Heartbeer
Kyo
T055
George1
Morpheus Eberhardt
Hannibal Barca
POKL
magnumcromagnon
TR1
Regular
zg18
etaepsilonk
AttilaA
Cyberspec
TheArmenian
Admin
Ogannisyan8887
Viktor
Turk1
DoubleEagle
Russian Patriot
99 posters

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

JohninMK
    JohninMK

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 23 Empty Re: Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

Post  JohninMK Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:11 am

par far wrote:Turkey is recruiting Syrian militants to fight Armenia on behalf of Azerbaijan. Erdog is really trying to make as many allies for Assad as possible it seems.

https://southfront.org/turkey-is-recruiting-syrian-militants-to-fight-for-azerbaijan-against-armenia-reports/

They'll be running out soon.

Spriter
    @ynms79797979
    ·
    5h
    HTS is sending 338 of its terrorists from Idlib to Azerbaijan, who are from there to help the country in the fight against Armenia.
    in exchange for signing a six-month renewable contract with a monthly salary of / 2500 / USD.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 23 Empty Re: Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:17 am

JohninMK wrote:
    par far wrote:Turkey is recruiting Syrian militants to fight Armenia on behalf of Azerbaijan. Erdog is really trying to make as many allies for Assad as possible it seems.

https://southfront.org/turkey-is-recruiting-syrian-militants-to-fight-for-azerbaijan-against-armenia-reports/

They'll be running out soon.

Spriter
    @ynms79797979
    ·
    5h
    HTS is sending 338 of its terrorists from Idlib to Azerbaijan, who are from there to help the country in the fight against Armenia.
    in exchange for signing a six-month renewable contract with a monthly salary of / 2500 / USD.

$2,500 a month just to die like verminous swine lol! Embarassed Razz lol1
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:36 am

$2,500 a month just to die like verminous swine lol!

That is almost $850K US for all 338 fighters per month... after 6 months that is 5 million dollars.

I wonder how much it will cost those 338 fighters to get shipped over there and eventually brought home...

The people who are arranging this will make a lot of money and the people fighting will get a comfortable amount of money but they also risk death.

Easy money until the actual fighting starts...
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:02 am

These are 338 trained terrorists. You and I know these are advisors and trainers to help Azerbaijan forces act more like terrorists than anything else. Armenia will still while the floor with them.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:16 am

miketheterrible wrote:These are 338 trained terrorists. You and I know these are advisors and trainers to help Azerbaijan forces act more like terrorists than anything else.  Armenia will still while the floor with them.

They beheaded dead soldiers last time around like the vermin that they are. What's even funnier is that the Turkish swine back in the 90's tried to topple Illham Aliyev's father with an attempted coup de' tat. Let me get this straight, Armenians are their sworn enemies, but the govt./country (Turkey) that tried to assassinate/topple his father, is his friend?!?! What a fucking lame weirdo! Rolling Eyes

miketheterrible likes this post

Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:32 am

I thought Azerbaijan had the advantage against Armenia because they have a fucking rich country with the gas/oil. But they invested nothing in defence. Only bought some israeli shitty drones that keeps being shoot down by Armenia.

The involvement of of HTS will oblige Russia to intervene. They don't want them there near Chechnya.

Big mistake of Azerbaijan to let them in.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:06 pm

Cyberspec wrote:@Flaming Python,

you make it sound as if minorities are persecuted in Russia which is BS

There is a campaign of switching partially or mostly non-Russian language schools to entirely Russian-language ones despite continuing enough support for the former to justify them, which goes against the constitution.

I don't call it oppression, but it isn't very nice.

Among any population group where there is a demand for a school in a certain language or at least with lessons teaching that language, there should be such a school.

Oppression appears in the form of relations between the center and the federal subjects; which goes for Russian regions as well as non-Russian ones equally.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:28 pm

Isos wrote:I thought Azerbaijan had the advantage against Armenia because they have a fucking rich country with the gas/oil. But they invested nothing in defence. Only bought some israeli shitty drones that keeps being shoot down by Armenia.

The involvement of of HTS will oblige Russia to intervene. They don't want them there near Chechnya.

Big mistake of Azerbaijan to let them in.

Azerbaijan did invest heavily in its military. They just can't fight worth shit.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:29 pm

flamming_python wrote:
    Cyberspec wrote:@Flaming Python,

you make it sound as if minorities are persecuted in Russia which is BS

There is a campaign of switching partially or mostly non-Russian language schools to entirely Russian-language ones despite continuing enough support for the former to justify them, which goes against the constitution.

I don't call it oppression, but it isn't very nice.

Among any population group where there is a demand for a school in a certain language or at least with lessons teaching that language, there should be such a school.

Oppression appears in the form of relations between the center and the federal subjects; which goes for Russian regions as well as non-Russian ones equally.

That's regional government issue, not federal. Regional languages die all the time. Artificially keeping it is stupid. Get over yourself with this stupidity.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:38 pm

miketheterrible wrote:

Azerbaijan did invest heavily in its military. They just can't fight worth shit.

In what did they invest ? They have less hardware than Armenia.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Rauf
    @raufnmammadov
    WOW! Haqqin reports that Serbia has sent Russian-made arms to Armenia via Georgia. Haqqin is an informal mouthpiece for the govt.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:21 pm

Isos wrote:
    miketheterrible wrote:

In what did they invest ? They have less hardware than Armenia.

Tanks, modernization of aircrafts (MiGs), armored carriers, ATGM's, Air defense systems, etc.

Armenia get a huge amount of money from Russia over the base in Armenia along with donation of equipment. Armenia is sort of to Russia what Israel is to US but with more strategic reasoning. Azerbaijan just spent it's oil money on russian weapons in order to buy political points.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:23 pm

Isos wrote:Rauf
    @raufnmammadov
    WOW! Haqqin reports that Serbia has sent Russian-made arms to Armenia via Georgia. Haqqin is an informal mouthpiece for the govt.

It would be nicer to see Serbian made weapons in Armenia. Like their Lazar or artillery systems. Would be a good way to get further exports and field testing done.
    Isos
    Isos

Post  Isos Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:41 pm

Tanks, modernization of aircrafts (MiGs), armored carriers, ATGM's, Air defense systems, etc.

When I see numbers on wikipedia it's like they spent not more than 1 billion. Which is very low for a country that export gas and has a conflict with its neighbour.

It would be nicer to see Serbian made weapons in Armenia. Like their Lazar or artillery systems. Would be a good way to get further exports and field testing done.

I doubt its that kind of stuff. I also doubt it's from Serbia. Maybe Russia sending reinforcement to Armenia but since they are also friends with Azerbaijan they don't want it to be known. Serbia doesn't have the ressource to help them.
    magnumcromagnon
    magnumcromagnon

Post  magnumcromagnon Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:45 pm

Isos wrote:

When I see numbers on wikipedia it's like they spent not more than 1 billion. Which is very low for a country that export gas and has a conflict with its neighbour.

I doubt its that kind of stuff. I also doubt it's from Serbia. Maybe Russia sending reinforcement to Armenia but since they are also friends with Azerbaijan they don't want it to be known. Serbia doesn't have the ressource to help them.

Azeri's are heavily dependent on sales of hydrocarbons to a fault. The current petroleum glut, Covid-19, and the downturn of the world economy probably hit Azerbaijan harder than most....which makes the timing of the current conflict very convenient for the Azeris/Turks. Makes it seem like a distraction from the economy.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:08 am

miketheterrible wrote:That's regional government issue, not federal.  Regional languages die all the time. Artificially keeping it is stupid. Get over yourself with this stupidity.

I have to say that Stalin had a different opinion. You can take a look of Stalin's 1929 essay of the nation issue to see that, actually Stalin respected the culture and languages of the ethnic minorities; he acknowledged that and the nurture and development of local culture should precede the voluntary eradication of national barriers.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:29 am

And it destroyed them. Good job Stalin you dumb fuck. Cause Russia was rife with ethnic issues in the 90's. Gee, I wonder why?

It's great when a homogeneous society will talk about multiculturalism. But you guys will bitch too when it happens to you. Oh wait, it already did with the French and Cambodians.
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:28 am

miketheterrible wrote:And it destroyed them. Good job Stalin you dumb fuck.  Cause Russia was rife with ethnic issues in the 90's. Gee, I wonder why?

It's great when a homogeneous society will talk about multiculturalism. But you guys will bitch too when it happens to you. Oh wait, it already did with the French and Cambodians.

Russia is not a homogeneous society and never was

Never the less I am against forced Russification; especially on lands of other peoples which is what I'm talking about. The whole school system has switched to drive out native languages in many republics. Hopefully after Putin gets the boot that can be reversed.
    higurashihougi
    higurashihougi

Post  higurashihougi Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:37 pm

miketheterrible wrote:And it destroyed them. Good job Stalin you dumb fuck.  Cause Russia was rife with ethnic issues in the 90's. Gee, I wonder why?

The ethnic issues in the SNG countries has economic reason behind it. The local bureaucrats used ultranationalism and separatism to establish their private fiefdom and enlarge it at the expense of the other ones and of the center, hence broke the USSR apart. In the cases of many -stans republics, ethnic conflicts had strong correlation with the economic strangulation of the communities in the exclaves and the control of vital resources after the broken of USSR. In the cases of Azerbaijan, the Azer government also wanted to distract the public from their own internal affairs and corruption hence intensifying of national conflicts is useful. Conflicts and threat of wars was also favorable for the some certain people who profit from military contracts.

It is that somebody want to maintain an artificial threat of war to legitimize their domination over the community.

The problem of "minority rights" in the Western world is that, as I once said, it has been degenerated from being the voice of the oppressed to the voice of the narcissists. It also become a political brand name for the scumbags called businessmen and politicians to achieve economic profit and political gains. Hence the ego is exaggerated rather than harmonized, the conflict is intensified rather than solved. All these suit the capitalist selfish notion of individualism. And more important, you are free to whine all days about religion, environment, LGBTs... as long as these issues distract you from your current pathetic working condition in which you are literally squeezed to the last drop in the sweatshops and sweatoffices.

flamming_python likes this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:59 pm

The 90's showed exactly what I, Papa and others have said - diversity is a weakness, not a strength. When people view themselves as different, they will in turn start to believe in quasi nationalism where they view themselves as superior and "why are we part of this nation if they are different from us". Chechnya did this and also committed atrocities that dwarf whatever happened in the US.

No, diversity doesn't work especially when you got cultures that contradict your own and own laws. As well, as long as human greed and stupidity exists, so will the ideas of racism will too. And no, many cultural groups are far more racist than average whites and I see this every day where I am in a diverse country. Vietnam, where you are from isn't a diverse country. So you don't get to state what works and what doesn't when;
    1) USSR failure and events shortly after proved me correct
    And
    2) I am in a diverse country of Canada which I see racism live and well in the minority groups and trying to all strip rights of others away to push the crap they left their country for, here.

So spare me your lack of knowledge and experience in this
    flamming_python
    flamming_python

Post  flamming_python Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:04 pm

miketheterrible wrote:The 90's showed exactly what I, Papa and others have said - diversity is a weakness, not a strength. When people view themselves as different, they will in turn start to believe in quasi nationalism where they view themselves as superior and "why are we part of this nation if they are different from us".  Chechnya did this and also committed atrocities that dwarf whatever happened in the US.

No, diversity doesn't work especially when you got cultures that contradict your own and own laws. As well, as long as human greed and stupidity exists, so will the ideas of racism will too. And no, many cultural groups are far more racist than average whites and I see this every day where I am in a diverse country. Vietnam, where you are from isn't a diverse country. So you don't get to state what works and what doesn't when;
    1) USSR failure and events shortly after proved me correct
    And
    2) I am in a diverse country of Canada which I see racism live and well in the minority groups and trying to all strip rights of others away to push the crap they left their country for, here.

So spare me your lack of knowledge and experience in this

USSR failure proved the failure of the economic and political system. In terms of diversity, yes it becomes a liability when the state collapses. But you can't not have it in a state like the USSR.

As for Canada, the problem is liberalism. Every group is encouraged to see each other peoples (typically mr. white man) as the oppressor, taking everyone's eyes off the real oppressor. And more and more identities, divisions among the masses are encouraged; now we have the 643 genders or whatever it is on the horizon. Class consciousness is therefore averted.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:23 pm

Switzerland, India and a few other countries show that multiethnic countries can exist.

My own nation is a product of a single person (Bismarck). Before there werent any Germans but Prussians, Austrians, Bavarians, Swabians, Hessians, Saxons etc. Mutual intelligibility of a dialect from East Prussia and Bavaria was approx 40% which means that if two speakers met, they would understand less than half what the other was saying.

Many things can counter nationalism.
    miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:58 pm

India is on the verge of collapse due to multiethnic regional mess. I've been to India. I'm married to an Indian. I have seen this with my own eyes. So you are wrong. Switzerland is only multiethnic now. They too face odd issues with migrants. Look at Finland which had a BLM protest for fucks sakes.

All those groups of people you mentioned are very close to German ancestry. So spare me. Turkish and Iranian or Mongolian ethnic groups in Russia are a far cry from European Russia. Not even close to the same thing
    GarryB
    GarryB

Post  GarryB Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:09 pm

Never the less I am against forced Russification; especially on lands of other peoples which is what I'm talking about. The whole school system has switched to drive out native languages in many republics. Hopefully after Putin gets the boot that can be reversed.

Well I can understand what he is doing... should state funded schools support every little ethnic language and culture... my brother is a teacher and he had parents complaining that their children have no manners.... why isn't he teaching them manners.

He is a high school teacher and basically said we only have them from 9am to 3pm... you have them the rest of the time.

If these ethnic minorities have not taught their children to speak their ethnic minority tongue by the time they go to school why do they think the Russian government should teach them about their culture>

Especially when the west is using minority groups to break up Russia.

When you say Russian schools should teach different minority ethnic languages or it is oppression... are you also saying that not teaching all Russian children about different sexuality choices is also oppression of sexual deviants... whoops, gay and bi members of the community?

If there is demand I would expect an ethnic minority in fear of losing its culture and language would set up their own schools to keep their language and culture alive instead of expecting the government to provide that.

In the west we used to call that user pays.

kvs and miketheterrible like this post

miketheterrible
    miketheterrible

Post  miketheterrible Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:13 pm

This is what we been saying. How is this a federal government issue? The provincial and oblasts and republics get money per year for a budget.  Its Russia so universal language is Russian. Not Ingushetia or Tuvash or whatever. That is those regions need to have schools to teach both languages and it's based upon the demand.  Most of these cultures aren't even the majority in their own regions anyway as they were bred out mostly.

Add to that, catering to certain groups causes problems too. See Tatarstan which tries to act like it's a seperate country. Sure sounds like similarities to Quebec.

@Python.

I'm surprised you don't see how silly it is in your statement. The reason ethnic issues arrived was because of economics? So in other words, in order to keep these ethnic groups happy, you had to bribe them? So every time an economic issues arrives, Russia should face more ethnic issues? Why not instead, just stop with this multiethnic nonsense and just make everyone "Russian" so you don't have to keep bribing them to not cause ethnic genocide in their crappy little republics?

Last edited by miketheterrible on Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

kvs likes this post

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:39 am