However Armenia and Ukraine are completely different for many reasons including:
- There is hardly any difference between two Armenians. Unlike Ukrainians which can be Russian speaker, Surjik speaker, Ukrop speaker, Orthodox, Catholic etc.
- 99% of Armenians don't hate Russia
- Most Armenians have a relative in Russia who lives and works there and sends money back home
- There are 3 million Armenians in Armenia and another 2 million in Russia
- Armenia is already in the Eurasian Union
- Russia has an Army in Armenia and guarantees its protection against Turkey
- 80% of Armenia's exports go to Russia
- Many big businesses in Armenia (Electricity, railroad, gas, phone, etc.) are Russia owned
- All our Oligarchs are on the government side (unlike Ukraine)
- We are in a state of war with Azerbaijan (while Ukraine was in peace before Maidan)
- We don't share a border with Russia
I can go on and on. So, it is not a photocopy of Maidan. Something else, something different...
As I said earlier, the demonstrations are more socio-economic than political. People just don't like this government and will take to the streets for any reason. Where this can lead...I don't know and I am worried. If the West and its cohorts succeed, it will be a major disaster for my country.
But we Armenians have the instinct for survival and survive we did for thousands of years.