Russia Defence Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Forum for Russian and Global Defence Issues

+95
nomadski
ALAMO
flamming_python
Dr.Snufflebug
kvs
higurashihougi
GarryB
mnztr
JohninMK
lyle6
sepheronx
Walther von Oldenburg
Begome
Firebird
lancelot
thegopnik
Rodion_Romanovic
Broski
Scorpius
caveat emptor
Krepost
Arrow
limb
ATLASCUB
Azi
sundoesntrise
TMA1
Mindstorm
Sujoy
nero
Yugo90
Backman
Mig-31BM2 Super Irbis-E
elconquistador
Hole
miketheterrible
ultimatewarrior
Isos
arpakola
Grazneyar
Werewolf
Odin of Ossetia
par far
AlfaT8
d_taddei2
medo
KiloGolf
NationalRus
Rodinazombie
Zivo
Kadmos45
Armenian
SturmGuard
mack8
Neutrality
OminousSpudd
Dima
franco
Godric
marat
Akula971
Vann7
ExBeobachter1987
Svyatoslavich
zorobabel
VladimirSahin
PapaDragon
TheGeorgian
KoTeMoRe
calm
Khepesh
Project Canada
max steel
HUNTER VZLA
Heartbeer
Kyo
T055
George1
Morpheus Eberhardt
Hannibal Barca
POKL
magnumcromagnon
TR1
Regular
zg18
etaepsilonk
AttilaA
Cyberspec
TheArmenian
Admin
Ogannisyan8887
Viktor
Turk1
DoubleEagle
Russian Patriot
99 posters

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

AttilaA

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 9 Empty Re: Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

Post  AttilaA Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:27 pm

I can't believe I'm having this discussion.

The only side that needs to present any "proof" here is Armenians, since they admitted that they had indeed lost some of their positions, which they had denied a day before.

This is my last post on this.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 9 Empty Re: Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict]

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:40 pm

Oh jesus, there's an Azeri soldier there in the beggining (OCP) and the rest we see 7 (seven) Armenian soldiers in a fortified trench...where's the 200+ casulaties. Not more not less. And I'm even inclined to give you the OCP guy, 8. Looks like the position was shelled by tank(s).

It's pretty easy to show the dead count if the Azeris have the positions as they claim.

PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:45 pm

I will definitely go with turk involvement as a cause here. Two decades of nothing and then this now of all times? Not fooling me... Sultan is being bled slowly and is creating a distraction.

This BS might make headlines but I do not think that Russia will have too much headache over this. Small fry is small fry...
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:51 pm

PapaDragon wrote:
    I will definitely go with turk involvement as a cause here. Two decades of nothing and then this now of all times? Not fooling me... Sultan is being bled slowly and is creating a distraction.

This BS might make headlines but I do not think that Russia will have too much headache over this. Small fry is small fry...

Don't see Erdogan's hand everywhere. The writing was on the wall. Azeris reinforcing brutally, Armenians lagging behind; it's a simple balance of power that basically slowly but surely was tipped by oil money. Now the problem is that Azeris don't seem to have been more effective, if they're going the "bad azeri, good azeri" route with the unilateral cease-fire. The idea is easy. Storm, call for negotiations and fortify your gains whatever they are. The issue however is this. Armenians will pretty much look Russia in the eye and Russia will talk to Azerbaijan in very simplistic terms. My take is that if Azerbaijan for whatever reason wants to keep this pace, they will get a blanket "Turkish Agression" label and they'll be kicked to the curb, like back in the day. It's not "fair", but nothing is fair in life.

Also it's not small fry. It's a good customer, historical ties in tow with an ethnic balance to keep vs a historical ally since basically the Russians are Russians.

Also:

https://twitter.com/bm27_uragan/status/716674512817950721

looks more than 12...
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:01 pm

^^^Good observation.

With recent drop in oil prices Azeris probably figured ''now or never''.

Also, when I said ''small fry'' I meant influence of this event on Russian geopolitical stance not those countries in question.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:07 pm

It wasn't meant to be a slight, Papa, just that it's not smallfry. This to Russia is more important than Ukraine, because unlike Ukraine there really are no options without inviting more trouble in the neighbourhood. Iran is concerned (they were hit by mistake by Azerbaijan according to Fars). Turkey, the US (Turkey and everything against Russia). But the timing indeed is really weird. It's like they think Russia is too busy, so they can get away with being cheap shots.

OK, why not.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:25 pm

To the question of what hit that Azeri crocodile.

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 9 CfJKrkmWsAA7PkJ

Check the fifth canister.
    Walther von Oldenburg
    Walther von Oldenburg

Post  Walther von Oldenburg Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:28 pm

Azeri advantage exists on paper  - it simply can't be used to the full for strictly geographic reasons. Azeris couldn't be in a more crappy position, having to attack mountainous land from a flat plain.

Last edited by Walther von Oldenburg on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheGeorgian
    TheGeorgian

Post  TheGeorgian Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:30 pm

Azeri casualties captured by an Armenian UAV. Seems to be the same area from the photos earlier.

marat

Post  marat Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:48 pm

http://news.am/eng/news/320396.html

Azerbaijan soliders commited war crimes in Tallish village.

NSWF
    AttilaA

Post  AttilaA Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:05 pm

TheGeorgian wrote:Azeri casualties captured by an Armenian UAV. Seems to be the same area from the photos earlier.

Very convincing. Does it flash "Azerbaijani soldiers" on them, I can't see it.

marat wrote:...

Another cheap propaganda trick. Don't underestimate what Armenians are capable of in the name of propaganda. Add this to the claim 300 Azerbaijani soldiers they have killed, and tens of tanks they have destroyed.

Last edited by AttilaA on Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:10 pm

As said before. This is going to be the dialogue of deafs we're going to get regarding the NK issue. Let's see how it ends.
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:16 pm

AttilaA wrote:Azerbaijan MoD statement.

http://mod.gov.az/index2.php?content=news/2016/20160402_melumat_cebheson

"o cümlədən yüzdən çox hərbi qulluqçusu ölüb və yaralanıb", more than hundred. It talks about both dead and wounded. I don't see "127" anywhere.

So you are denying that the infographic at the following link was from the Azeri defense ministry (Azeri ministry of the truth), and you are denying that you have seen it?

https://www.russiadefence.net/t3305p75-azerbaijan-vs-armenia-nagorno-karabakh-conflict#158265

Last edited by Morpheus Eberhardt on Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
    PapaDragon
    PapaDragon

Post  PapaDragon Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:18 pm

KoTeMoRe wrote:It wasn't meant to be a slight, Papa, just that it's not smallfry. This to Russia is more important than Ukraine, because unlike Ukraine there really are no options without inviting more trouble in the neighbourhood. Iran is concerned (they were hit by mistake by Azerbaijan according to Fars). Turkey, the US (Turkey and everything against Russia). But the timing indeed is really weird. It's like they think Russia is too busy, so they can get away with being cheap shots.

OK, why not.

Good points there.

While we here may not know what exactly happened and who did what/where/when/why I am sure that Russia knows all the fine details and is applying generous pressure at responsible party/individuals as we speak.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:45 pm

Isane, video of that news and pictures from yesterday.

21+

ISIS or Azeri Army? Azeri soldier beheaded an Armenian soldier, bagged it to present as trophy to people back home.

https://twitter.com/Zinvor/status/716737321069096960
    VladimirSahin
    VladimirSahin

Post  VladimirSahin Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:46 pm

Savages....
    Morpheus Eberhardt
    Morpheus Eberhardt

Post  Morpheus Eberhardt Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:54 pm

TheArmenian wrote:Casualty and loss figures provided by Armenian Defense Ministry.
    According to the reports Azeri special forces lost at least 30 men on the Talish front.

Azerbaijan has thus far confirmed they lost 1 helicopter, one tank and 12 soldiers

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 9 Attachment

+1

The Armenian,

Thank you for your updates.

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:03 am

calm wrote:Isane, video of that news and pictures from yesterday.

21+

ISIS or Azeri Army? Azeri soldier beheaded an Armenian soldier, bagged it to present as trophy to people back home.

https://twitter.com/Zinvor/status/716737321069096960

Maybe @AttilaA can translate for us what they are saying. If its not too "low" from me to ask.
    KoTeMoRe
    KoTeMoRe

Post  KoTeMoRe Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:05 am

It seems that the Azeris shot down what looks like an Eleron SV drone...

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:06 am

BRDM-2 Spandrel deployed by Armenians

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 9 CfJKqtRWsAAb5IG
    Neutrality
    Neutrality

Post  Neutrality Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:08 am

That video is truly gruesome.

Post  Guest Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:12 am

Few shots of Armenian forces, notice T72BA and...Lada Niva...

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 9 CfJNjORWwAAPc8c

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 9 CfJNi_dWsAAL8AG

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 9 CfJNhODXIAEB2rK

Azerbaijan vs Armenia [Nagorno-Karabakh conflict] - Page 9 CfJNiPHW4AEz6wt
    mack8
    mack8

Post  mack8 Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:23 am

As i do not know enough about the armenian-azerbaijani conflict, don't want to jump to conclusions too early, i thought Azerbaijan is a reliable partner of Russia since it has been bought a lot of top of the line gear, but then when you have back to back news like their leader talking to the americans just last week, flirting with the israelis, their economic is in recession due to low oil prices and above all, Erdogan and his scums appears to be  on Azerbaijan's side, one has to wonder. Having those scums on one's side means one is not the "good" guy, period. There are no coincidence in geopolitics.

I am not surprised that both the armenian and azerbaijani members here would probably strangle eachother now and everything is left aside in favour of fervent ultranationalism, but if i'm to say anything to both is that they are a bunch of f*** idiots those in the respective countries who did not want to or failed to come to peace in 20 years. And don't say "but it's entirely the other sides fault!", it doesn't work.

RIP to the dead and hope this calms down and maybe a lasting agreement is finally reached and the bloodshed will be over.
    calm
    calm

Post  calm Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:31 am

Neutral

Tasnim News Agency: Mortar Shells from Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict Hit Northeastern Iran
    http://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2016/04/03/1038741/mortar-shells-from-nagorno-karabakh-conflict-hit-northeastern-iran
    SturmGuard

Post  SturmGuard Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:43 am

This war is another case of Bolshevik fallout... Supporting Turkish scum after WW1, letting Turkey in its current scope to form and go unpunished for their historical atrocities, and finally, by some miraculous coincidence as in the case of Russia, to draw completely ahistorical and unethnic "just administrative" borders.
    "Permanent peace" as you put it would require Armenians to accept being reduced to a fraction of their historical homeland, as a result of mass murders perpetrated by their neighbours. Any nation willing to do so is doomed.

Best of luck to Hayasdan, avenge your killed people and keep resisting.

I am not interested in diplomacy talk and political correctness, especially not when historical and present facts are as clear as they are now. I don't know about you, but something makes me group all beheaders and mutilators in the same group, the history of ethnic cleansing is somehow always there, too.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:02 am